pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 32.
#251 6 years ago

I wish they would just finish up the MMr's for the people that have been waiting for a long time for them.
Then just do the line of AFMr and no need to keep switching back and forth.It seems like they would be able to produce more that way.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I wish they would just finish up the MMr's for the people that have been waiting for a long time for them.
Then just do the line of AFMr and no need to keep switching back and forth.It seems like they would be able to produce more that way.

Maybe they are trying to add that badass huge DMD to MMr before making more of them. That would definitely make me want one.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Maybe they are trying to add that badass huge DMD to MMr before making more of them. That would definitely make me want one.

Well...if that's the case then OK

#254 6 years ago

My guess is they plan on continuing MMR off and on until demand finally runs out, or until #3 (MB!) is ready for production - hence the swapping around.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

By early June we hope to be providing our dealers with a reliable production schedule so that they can inform their customers with some sense of a delivery window.

Just a few hours away from.......Early June.

#256 6 years ago

Eagerly awaiting you to announce when they are shipping. I got room for one more this year, pre-ordered an LE the second they went on sale with the great people at pinball star... but not gonna lie, there's a ton of great stuff on the horizon and it's gonna be hard to wait if I don't get an ETA in the next couple weeks. You can do it CGC, please just let us know what's up

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Eagerly awaiting you to announce when they are shipping. I got room for one more this year, pre-ordered an LE the second they went on sale with the great people at pinball star... but not gonna lie, there's a ton of great stuff on the horizon and it's gonna be hard to wait if I don't get an ETA in the next couple weeks. You can do it CGC, please just let us know what's up

These are my exact thoughts too.Lots of other good stuff to spend my money on.Id just like a time frame for my MMr.
I too have debated getting my deposit back and going in a different direction.

#258 6 years ago

I guess the only thing I'm wondering is if I'm in the group of the first 500 AFMLE or the second group of 500. I know that another run of MMr will go on the line in between the first and second runs of 500 AFMLE. My distro has no way of letting me know which group I'm in until they are told their particular allotment numbers from CGC. If I'm in that second group of 500 then it seems I would prefer to buy another pin and then sell one before I have to purchase my AFMLE. I just don't want to be waiting until the end of the year playing nothing if I could be playing something else while waiting. I only have room for four and right now I have 3. I'd like to fill that space sooner than later, lol. I'm buying for sure...but don't know what to do while I wait.

#259 6 years ago

It's June, hope we hear something soon! My wallet is ready.

#261 6 years ago

When I played the AFMr LE at pinagogo, it had side panels, and the sides of the backbox, that lit up. Looking at the pic on PPS' website, it looks like the LE has mirror side panels. Anyone have any idea which will ship on the LE?

This is the first game I have been excited about since Metallica. I am actually considering selling GnR for this one, which I never thought would happen.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

When I played the AFMr LE at pinagogo, it had side panels, and the sides of the backbox, that lit up. Looking at the pic on PPS' website, it looks like the LE has mirror side panels. Anyone have any idea which will ship on the LE?
This is the first game I have been excited about since Metallica. I am actually considering selling GnR for this one, which I never thought would happen.

The LE is supposed to ship with the mirror blades. The light up blades and backbox sides are an aftermarket mod by another supplier. It will have a back panel decal but isn't interactive or illuminated to my knowledge.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

The LE is supposed to ship with the mirror blades. The light up blades and backbox sides are an aftermarket mod by another supplier. It will have a back panel decal but isn't interactive or illuminated to my knowledge.

Thanks for the info. A bit disappointing to hear, though. Aside from the big DMD, those light up panels were probably the most impressive difference from the original.

#264 6 years ago

Sounds like "Classics" ship last?

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

those light up panels were probably the most impressive difference from the original.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingraffix-%e2%9a%a0%ef%b8%8fwarning-new-video-of-mod

Add them if you want.

LTG : )

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I guess the only thing I'm wondering is if I'm in the group of the first 500 AFMLE or the second group of 500.

If you are an original MMrLE owner, then you get first priority and matching numbers. Brand loyalty has its privileges.

#267 6 years ago

First games are shipping this Friday.

#268 6 years ago

*edit* I'm an idiot. Carry on!

#269 6 years ago

The LE's should be run first after a few SE's I would assume location games. Typically it is in order of when you pre-ordered from what I have seen. That seems to be the fair way to do it.

#270 6 years ago

I don't own a MMr. Do you think 500 MMr owners also reserved AFMLE?

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

The LE's should be run first after a few SE's I would assume location games. Typically it is in order of when you pre-ordered from what I have seen. That seems to be the fair way to do it.

100 SE's will be run first and given to distros and for shows and for testing then LE's.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I don't own a MMr. Do you think 500 MMr owners also reserved AFMLE?

Doubtful. Also, it was my understanding that the perk for original MMr owners was the matching number, with nothing mentioned about getting their games first. That would be kind of insane. I think I'm letting my imagination get ahead of itself haha, please ignore anything I say regarding the subject. Just very excited to get mine

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I think I'm letting my imagination get ahead of itself haha,

I'd go with that.

#274 6 years ago

The CGC line is up and running – the first four games are scheduled to ship tomorrow! We are initially building one hundred Special Edition games; Limited Edition games will then immediately follow.

We greatly appreciate your comments – many of your suggestions have been incorporated into AFMr. These improvements include:

1. CGC Stroke of Luck Hole Protector
2. Additional mylar has been added to further protect the playfield.
3. Blackout Feature – the game owner can now set the translite illumination to be turned off during Strobe Multiball.
4. Back Panel Art – The original AFM did not have back panel art. Doug Watson, created all new artwork for the backpanel.
5. Topper – Since we first debuted the topper at TPS, a great deal of time has been spent refining and further integrating it into game play.
6. SuzoHapp Door – The new coin door now features two slotted coin openings (with US quarter coin mechanisms) and will now accommodate a standard upstack bill acceptor (being highly requested by the operating community). For European customers, we will be using the single slot electronic coin mechanism opening (no mechanism included).
7. Customized Logo Display – Both the LE and SE now allow the game owner to customize the logo appearing on the speaker panel. Games will ship with the Bally logo appearing in the small Customized Logo Display area. Details on file requirements and installation procedures to be included in the manual.

By Friday of next week, we will be sharing a rough production schedule with our dealers. It’s up to the dealers to communicate to their customers where they fall in line, collect balances due, and ultimately arrange transportation on the games. We are ever so grateful for your input and the passion that so many show towards this industry. Please also follow us at https://www.facebook.com/chicagogamingcompany/. More information to soon come out of CGC.

Thank you.

Doug Skor

2017-05-31 14.27.31 (resized).jpg2017-05-31 14.27.31 (resized).jpg

2017-05-31 15.40.34 (resized).jpg2017-05-31 15.40.34 (resized).jpg

2017-05-31 14.20.21 (resized).jpg2017-05-31 14.20.21 (resized).jpg

2017-05-31 14.20.34 (resized).jpg2017-05-31 14.20.34 (resized).jpg

2017-06-01 11.19.37 (resized).jpg2017-06-01 11.19.37 (resized).jpg

2017-05-31 14.23.08 (resized).jpg2017-05-31 14.23.08 (resized).jpg

2017-05-31 14.23.32 (resized).jpg2017-05-31 14.23.32 (resized).jpg

2017-06-01 12.36.59 (resized).jpg2017-06-01 12.36.59 (resized).jpg

2017-06-01 15.36.21 (resized).jpg2017-06-01 15.36.21 (resized).jpg

2017-06-01 12.34.26 (resized).jpg2017-06-01 12.34.26 (resized).jpg

2017-05-31 16.06.10 (resized).jpg2017-05-31 16.06.10 (resized).jpg

#275 6 years ago

CGC_DougS , thanks for the update!

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

7. Customized Logo Display – Both the LE and SE now allow the game owner to customize the logo appearing on the speaker panel. Games will ship with the Bally logo appearing in the small Customized Logo Display area. Details on file requirements and installation procedures to be included in the manual.

Amazing Doug, killer update!!!

#277 6 years ago

Nice!

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

The CGC line is up and running – the first four games are scheduled to ship tomorrow! We are initially building one hundred Special Edition games; Limited Edition games will then immediately follow.
We greatly appreciate your comments – many of your suggestions have been incorporated into AFMr. These improvements include:
3. Blackout Feature – the game owner can now set the translite illumination to be turned off during Strobe Multiball.
4. Back Panel Art – The original AFM did not have back panel art. Doug Watson, created all new artwork for the backpanel.
5. Topper – Since we first debuted the topper at TPS, a great deal of time has been spent refining and further integrating it into game play.
6. SuzoHapp Door – The new coin door now features two slotted coin openings (with US quarter coin mechanisms) and will now accommodate a standard upstack bill acceptor (being highly requested by the operating community). For European customers, we will be using the single slot electronic coin mechanism opening (no mechanism included).
By Friday of next week, we will be sharing a rough production schedule with our dealers. It’s up to the dealers to communicate to their customers where they fall in line, collect balances due, and ultimately arrange transportation on the games. We are ever so grateful for your input and the passion that so many show towards this industry. Please also follow us at https://www.facebook.com/chicagogamingcompany/. More information to soon come out of CGC.
Thank you.
Doug Skor

Thumbs up Doug! (Way up)

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Thank you.
Doug Skor

Will the backbox illumination only go off in strobe mb mode when enabled or will it go off whenever the playfield gi goes out during all the great lightshows afm has?

#281 6 years ago

it can be done! you guys rock!

#282 6 years ago

pretty cool!!

#283 6 years ago

O wow even the dome flashers are leds .... i figured you wld be able to customize them at least.

#284 6 years ago

Love the back panel art

#285 6 years ago

What a great month for pinball !

#286 6 years ago

Awesome update, much appreciated Doug the back panel art addition looks great. Can't wait to get mine

#287 6 years ago

Apologies if I'm a bit out of the loop but what happened to using Entropy doors? Didn't MMr use them?

#288 6 years ago

Awesome update! Excited about the added artwork and updates to the topper.

#289 6 years ago

THIS. IS. AMAZING. GOOD WORK!!!!! Love the updates and the game is amazing

#290 6 years ago

Nice update, but I'd love to hear about the schedule for Classics... or am I the only one who ordered a Classic..??

#291 6 years ago

Amazing work. The topper is going to be sick. Every time I see these updates, I start looking at my finances and thinking about selling a game or two to get one of these.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Nice update, but I'd love to hear about the schedule for Classics.

Right on...that should be the easiest/fastest to pump out right!?

#293 6 years ago

Another great update! You are doing amazing work on AFMr. Can't wait to get my LE!

#294 6 years ago

I need to stop reading this. I want one! Great job!

#295 6 years ago

Very well done with the update! I might just own a SE sooner or later.

#296 6 years ago

Your awesome Doug! Thanks for the update. Listening to customers, making changes and tweaks, taking a classic and making it better, providing updates with pics...that's how you win over a TON of people in my opinion. Looking forward to my LE!

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Thank you.
Doug Skor

Thanks Doug for your input it means a lot to this community!

One last request:

Add a headphone jack to at least the LE version.
The new audio system supports it.

Maybe get in touch with pinnovators and see if they can rig something up like Jack did.
Or at the very least supply some info on how you guys would add one in, as an insert to the manual.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O wow even the dome flashers are leds .... i figured you wld be able to customize them at least.

You can - put a different colored dome on lol. That's what I did on my MMr. I put some green domes and some purple domes on. Looks killer when the green flashes for the trolls popping up.

#299 6 years ago

OK, I'm officially excited now!!!

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can - put a different colored dome on lol. That's what I did on my MMr. I put some green domes and some purple domes on. Looks killer when the green flashes for the trolls popping up.

You sld see what it looks like when color marched tho.... it really really pops. Some colors dont look real great with cool/warm white under them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 209.00
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/6?hl=cgc_dougs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.