Topic Stats

• 1,551 posts
  • 236 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 128 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 196 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73e88997f61c990ac6bab5468d83bcef8b303cab (resized).png
IMG-9504 (resized).JPG
IMG_5099 (resized).JPG
IMG_5100 (resized).JPG
624FDB9C-BB85-45EA-B810-BCF205E7E28D (resized).jpeg
93A09089-DC9E-4FFC-9E6A-1AA5B564D06F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0050 (resized).jpg
IMG_0964 (resized).JPG
IMG_0963 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1551 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 32.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

On MMr? How did you do that?!

The MMr firmware is composed of a couple linux images that are loaded up onto the beaglebone. If you're crafty, you can extract the images from the firmware file, and mount them on to your filesystem. Once mounted, you can directly access the sample files. I ran them through a program that increases the volume of the callouts. You can also enable the profanity callout if you wanted to as well.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

The MMr firmware is composed of a couple linux images that are loaded up onto the beaglebone. If you're crafty, you can extract the images from the firmware file, and mount them on to your filesystem. Once mounted, you can directly access the sample files. I ran them through a program that increases the volume of the callouts. You can also enable the profanity callout if you wanted to as well.

and after, and only after, you must turn on the flux capacitor and.... voila! ready!

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

"crafty" => Stuff wives get at HobbyLobby or Michael's to make artsy fartsy crap

"techy" => extracting linux images from the beaglebone and accessing the sample files

#204 2 years ago

You are correct sir. My bad.

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Awesome. One of those things I wish I could do.

LTG : )

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

That doesnt seem too bad.
Hook us up?

#207 2 years ago

I'd love to, but got nastygrams from Rick when I offered to release it before. Talks about how I would violate IP and all that fun stuff. CGC has the script and knows how to fix it.

I bring this up every once in awhile to prod them into releasing a proper fix. It's been 10 months and still nothing.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I'd love to, but got nastygrams from Rick when I offered to release it before. Talks about how I would violate IP and all that fun stuff. CGC has the script and knows how to fix it.
I bring this up every once in awhile to gently prod them into releasing a proper fix. It's been 10 months and still nothing.

C'mon Doug and Rick! Official fix release please!

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Amen!!!!

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Probably not up to them. Both are great guys and like fun stuff too. But they have license stuff they have to abide by. So I'm sure there is a reason beyond them preventing it.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I bring this up every once in awhile to prod them into releasing a proper fix. It's been 10 months and still nothing.

Just release it. You aren't making any money off of it and he has no damages.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That or just release detailed instructions, or have someone outside the US do it for you, if you're concerned about the letters

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

All he'd need to do it send it to someone, or randomly upload it to some random file server. Rick would have a hard time linking it to him and even then there is jack he could do about it.

#214 2 years ago

Out of interest, are the mini saucer lighting kits on the LEs likely to be made available as kits to purchase for the others?

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Out of interest, are the mini saucer lighting kits on the LEs likely to be made available as kits to purchase for the others?

Doubt it but maybe the bill ung kit cld work?

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

All he'd need to do it send it to someone, or randomly upload it to some random file server. Rick would have a hard time linking it to him and even then there is jack he could do about it.

Actually, scratch that. I have been looking into it and sharing would be potentially bothersome... but making a guide on how to modify your own software would not be. As long as you arn't breaking any encryption, guide would be legal and fair use.

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Doubt it but maybe the bill ung kit cld work?

It's more likely that a kit would be sold. Bill's kit works off of WPC'95 hardware. AFMr doesn't have that hardware.

#218 2 years ago

Interested in getting AFMr. I got a question: Does the playfield slide in and out like Williams' playfields do? Or are these more like the Stern playfields that don't have the sliding/locking mechanism?

#219 2 years ago

Question about the lighted head side art and lighted pin blades... Looks awesome at PAGG, but it appeared the "material" was bulging and lifting from the sides. Is this just due to this game being a prototype? Or has this been addressed for production?

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Interested in getting AFMr. I got a question: Does the playfield slide in and out like Williams' playfields do? Or are these more like the Stern playfields that don't have the sliding/locking mechanism?

Sld be just like a b/w

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from AliciaC:

Question about the lighted head side art and lighted pin blades... Looks awesome at PAGG, but it appeared the "material" was bulging and lifting from the sides. Is this just due to this game being a prototype? Or has this been addressed for production?

Its not factory and is a mod

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sld be just like a b/w

Good news! If that's true, I'll get one. Thanks!

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

U will love it... one the most fun pins ever made.

#225 2 years ago

Contact joe on here......
joeraptor2003

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

The only difference between an original & remake MM and AFM are the PCBs & wiring. Pretty much everything else is the same.

#227 2 years ago

Great info guys! I'll have to decide between all the options available but I want one for sure! Thanks!

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The only difference between an original & remake MM and AFM are the PCBs & wiring. Pretty much everything else is the same.

I would assume much improved wiring and pcb's?

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I wldnt go that far as the originals have held up well considering the age. I personally perfer the insert lighting on the originals (customizable) and definitely the original strobe(much brighter and better light spread) The new one just uses new technology which isnt a bad thing at all but both games have positive and negatives depending on who u ask . You sld get the le as its the best bang for buck imo...... Awesome pin that u sld love

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Depends who you ask. New tech vs. purists. I've had my MMr for 2 years. Zero issues with the electronics. The advantage of the new hardware are bonuses like uncompressed sound and new higher rez color dots.

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I wldnt go that far as the originals have held up well considering the age. I personally perfer the insert lighting on the originals (customizable) and definitely the original strobe(much brighter and better light spread) The new one just uses new technology which isnt a bad thing at all but both games have positive and negatives depending on who u ask . You sld get the le as its the best bang for buck imo...... Awesome pin that u sld love

Great info and thank you! Was thinking the SE but we'll see

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Depends who you ask. New tech vs. purists. I've had my MMr for 2 years. Zero issues with the electronics. The advantage of the new hardware are bonuses like uncompressed sound and new higher rez color dots.

So you have an MMr...Did you experience any issues with fading inserts or something like that at all? I read about that somewhere. Thanks!

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So you have an MMr...Did you experience any issues with fading inserts or something like that at all? I read about that somewhere. Thanks!

That really wasnt a big deal and definitely not worth worrying about imo......

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Some people weren't happy with the darkness of the text on the inserts - that's what that was about. Nothing to do with the tech. My playfield looks good. I'm happy with it.

#235 2 years ago

Thank you both. I know Star Wars is coming but I gotta get AFMr. It's so awesome! Thanks!

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Was thinking the SE but we'll see

From your previous post, same playfield parts on AFMR as original, playfield lifts up, slides foward to rest on front of cabinet, or slide forward to lock and lift up and lean back on head.

Different models posted on the CGC website :

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php

Besides the differences between each model, warranty gets longer as you go from Classic to Special to Limited.

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From your previous post, same playfield parts on AFMR as original, playfield lifts up, slides foward to rest on front of cabinet, or slide forward to lock and lift up and lean back on head.
Different models posted on the CGC website :
http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php
Besides the differences between each model, warranty gets longer as you go from Classic to Special to Limited.

Very good news! Thanks!

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So I wonder why they don't have the logo printed on the speaker panel, even on the classic edition with the small screen. Seems odd.
It's not on the translite either.

nor on the side of the cabinet .

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

And LCD.

#240 2 years ago

And insert lighting

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

And insert lighting

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Slackers

#243 2 years ago

They brought peace.

#244 2 years ago

Any update here on games shipping? only 2 days left in May...

#245 2 years ago

I was told payment due 30 days from production, has anybody been asked to pay in full yet? Wasn't expecting anything before late Summer at the earliest.

#246 2 years ago

No I have not been contacted for payment anyone else have any good news on when these will start to ship?

#247 2 years ago

Great news. They are knocking it out.

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Great news. They are knocking it out.

WTF are you talking about

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

WTF are you talking about

Very pleased to share with the pinball community that Chicago Gaming is on course to start shipping Attack from Mars in May as promised. A lot of effort, money, and time has been spent in designing an incredibly efficient and flexible production line. With almost six months in the making, it was necessary to first move several departments around in our 100,000 plus square foot building to clear the space for our pinball production facility. In the various work cells, production of AFM sub-assemblies is well under way as you can see in the photos. First production test playfields are already on the line as well. By early June we hope to be providing our dealers with a reliable production schedule so that they can inform their customers with some sense of a delivery window.

#250 2 years ago

That would be quoting CGC's original post verbatim....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Upper Freehold, NJ
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Verona, NJ
There are 1551 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside