pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 32.
#101 6 years ago

Nice! Can't wait.

#102 6 years ago

Thanks so much Doug for keeping us in the loop. I really appreciate your time and the communication. This goes a long way with your customer base I'm sure.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT: would love to see the new large display offered on MMr!

Ive been told this was going to be made for the MMR also.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT: would love to see the new large display offered on MMr!

Rick has a post on the AFMR section of his forum that CGC is looking into doing this. Display, cables, software, etc.

LTG : )

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Is there any plan to add an option for dimming or shutting off the backbox lights during strobe mutliball (sort of like the blackout mod)?

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Oops, we added this a few months ago to the code and may have forgotten to even mention this. Yes, you will have this option available in the settings.

Now bigd can't keep bringing this up when talking about his original

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

• Yes, there is still a lot of demand for MMR. In fact, we have orders for nearly 500 games standing at this point. It is our plan to build the first 500 AFM pins and then break to make the next run of 500 MMR’s. Following the MMR’s it will be back to AFM.

Oh, MAN do I hate to bring this up:

Is there any way to tell if the AFMr LE that I ordered through my local distributor is going to be part of that first 500, or if I should plan on waiting until after the MMrs get built?

#107 6 years ago

Now that is an update.
Take notice Stern, this is how it is done.
Thanks Doug, really looking forward to my LE.

#108 6 years ago

I am soooooo excited!!!!! eieieieieieieie AFMr LE!!!!!!
Oh and I am in Chicago on business this week, going to hit Logan Arcade tonight and check it out!!!!!

#109 6 years ago

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to getting one and can't wait to see these rolling out the door.

#110 6 years ago

Awesome update!

I bet CGC ships 100 machines before "other" manufacturers even manage to ship 50 and they've been at it for years...

#111 6 years ago

You know the one code update i want on MMr that I really want to see on AFMr, the ability to change volume on call-outs separate from the main volume/music. So many are hard to hear and they are AWESOME on both games.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

100 machines before "other" manufacturers even manage to ship 50 and they've been at it for years

I would hope so, the game is 20 years old! The design shouldn't hold them up

#113 6 years ago

Sure, but a lot of it has to do with getting the assembly line and parts together, and CGC seems to be doing a good job of that.

500 standing orders for MMr's is awesome though.

I'm in for a LE, and its looking like i might get that before i get my money back from the other preorder.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Sure, but a lot of it has to do with getting the assembly line and parts together, and CGC seems to be doing a good job of that.

Probably helps that they are already an existing gaming company as well...apples and oranges.

#115 6 years ago

I'm at Logan Arcade and just put in my first game on AFMr! Wow what a awesome game, love the bigger screen and the alien ship lighting effects are great too with the different color LED's. Great work by everyone involved to get this game made!

IMG_0313 (resized).JPGIMG_0313 (resized).JPG

#116 6 years ago

Hey is that the backboard art that's going on them? Can you get a clearer picture?

#117 6 years ago

Wow!!! Nice looking AFMr......wait.....there is a Bally Logo allowed on AFMr and Williams was NOT allowed on MMr?????

#118 6 years ago

Grabbed a couple close ups of the backboard

IMG_0314 (resized).JPGIMG_0314 (resized).JPG

IMG_0315 (resized).JPGIMG_0315 (resized).JPG

#119 6 years ago

It looks great! I think CGC nailed it overall.

At this point the only thing I'd be tempted to add is possibly the 3d translite.

#120 6 years ago

The backboard is perfecto! I am so friggin excited for this game!!

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Oh, MAN do I hate to bring this up:
Is there any way to tell if the AFMr LE that I ordered through my local distributor is going to be part of that first 500, or if I should plan on waiting until after the MMrs get built?

Not sure you will get an answer but I would suggest talking to your distributor. Most have likely been promised part of their share of LEs. They should know how many total and can likely expect half of them in the first run since half (500 of 1000) are being made.

Now that is super basic math with no knowledge at all of how the process will work. Gotta think your distributor has the answer. I have all the info I need from my dist. and can not wait!!

#122 6 years ago

I put some games in on BM66, wow what a mess that is. Also tried AS but couldn't get into it. But dang AFMr is a friggen blast! Can't get enough of it. Sorry Stern

#123 6 years ago

Wacky, thx for posting..no topper?..and how did the green trim look...??

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Wacky, thx for posting..no topper?..and how did the green trim look...??

Green trim looks awesome in my opinion. When you are playing the game it really blends in and looks great! From the side it takes a moment to acquire its appearance, but after a while it looks good too! I switched my LE to green

No topper, I think CGC said this one is a test prototype, so maybe they didn't have toppers ready yet. Bar tender says it's been here a couple weeks.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Green trim looks awesome in my opinion. When you are playing the game it really blends in and looks great! From the side it takes a moment to acquire its appearance, but after a while it looks good too! I switched my LE to green

yeah I know I was turned off by it at first, till I saw it in person. Got my LE in green as well.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

They should know how many total and can likely expect half of them in the first run since half (500 of 1000) are being made.

Actually, I think that's not quite what Doug said:

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

• The first quantity of games off the line are going to be AFM Special Editions. .......
After that our focus will turn to producing Limited Editions.
It is our plan to build the first 500 AFM pins and then break to make the next run of 500 MMR’s. Following the MMR’s it will be back to AFM.
Doug Skor

So 500 *TOTAL* AFM, some percentage of which are Special Edition.... then back to MMR

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

So 500 *TOTAL* AFM, some percentage of which are Special Edition.... then back to MMR

Back to MMR..... just got to make you wonder how many damn MMRs did they sell?

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

No topper, I think CGC said this one is a test prototype, so maybe they didn't have toppers ready yet. Bar tender says it's been here a couple weeks.

It really is a great game (my favorite ever).... there's a reason mm and afm are top pins tho . Fun layout, great code, humor, great original themes, good toys, great music/fx and callouts and good looking artwork.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

At least a few thousand i believe .... especially after the next batch of 500....

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Yes I said my math is likely not an exact science so please reduce the number of 500 by how many dealers worldwide...50? 100? You are left with 400-450 then. So my comment still stands... talk to your distributor.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Wow!!! Nice looking AFMr......wait.....there is a Bally Logo allowed on AFMr and Williams was NOT allowed on MMr?????

Its a "virtual logo" - its actually just a cutout that shows part of the LCD with the logo displayed on it. Not sure if thats to bypass IP or not. The regular version of AFMr (not the LE etc) doesnt come with the cutout or the Logo on the backboard.

#132 6 years ago

does look very nice indeed.. great looking pin.

ill stick with the chrome trim. are those mirror blades in there?

#133 6 years ago

Wayne could use the Bally logo, so dont see why CGC cant. Williams still trade/make games under thier name so cant be used. Think thats how it goes.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I thought the LE's were numbered to a 1000, then they did 500 standards before shutting down production and switching over to their current set up.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I thought the LE's were numbered to a 1000, then they did 500 standards before shutting down production and switching over to their current set up.

Who? Stern? I can really guess they made a lot more the 500 standards.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Wayne could use the Bally logo, so dont see why CGC cant. Williams still trade/make games under thier name so cant be used. Think thats how it goes.

Im not sure of the backstory. I dont know why they dont use the logo actually on the speaker panel. Would look so much better than the virtual one.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Who? Stern? I can really guess they made a lot more the 500 standards.

There has only been 1500 total MMr's to date.

1000LE's, 500 standards.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

1000LE's, 500 standards.

Here's to hoping the demand stays high. I want to buy one later.

Glad to see that afmr looks to be solid and holding up in a commercial environment. Got an LE on order and really looking forward to it.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im not sure of the backstory. I dont know why they dont use the logo actually on the speaker panel. Would look so much better than the virtual one.

It's on here somewhere but basically Williams still makes stuff that isn't pinball I think or something like that. But Bally is fine to use.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

It's on here somewhere but basically Williams still makes stuff that isn't pinball I think or something like that. But Bally is fine to use.

https://www.sggaming.com/games/wms

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

So I wonder why they don't have the logo printed on the speaker panel, even on the classic edition with the small screen. Seems odd.

It's not on the translite either.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

1000LE's, 500 standards.

And where was this information taken from?

#143 6 years ago

Originally I ordered a standard and was told there would be 500 standards made after the run of LE's was complete. After that, they were going to do the next game and might end up doing another run of MMr standards based on demand at a later point.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I like the virtual one!

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So I wonder why they don't have the logo printed on the speaker panel, even on the classic edition with the small screen. Seems odd.
It's not on the translite either.

Maybe the logo will have some animation effects or something cool like that?

#146 6 years ago

That's funny, check the header on that page... link to https://www.sggaming.com/games/bally

Don't know how it works on the licensing and using the names, but Bally is definitely still in business producing gaming machines, I know someone that works for them.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe the logo will have some animation effects or something cool like that?

Could do, but doesn't explain why it's not on the translite.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

That's funny, check the header on that page... link to https://www.sggaming.com/games/bally
Don't know how it works on the licensing and using the names, but Bally is definitely still in business producing gaming machines, I know someone that works for them.

Good catch:

IMG_7953 (resized).PNGIMG_7953 (resized).PNG

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Could do, but doesn't explain why it's not on the translite.

Just a theory - they can't use the Bally/Williams logos because B/W don't want to then to be seen as their products....they don't want to be contacted concerning questions and service. Perhaps there's a "Home" and "Arcade" setting? Home shows the Bally logo and Arcade gets rid of it or shows the CGC logo. Maybe? Just a theory!

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just a theory - they can't use the Bally/Williams logos because B/W don't want to then to be seen as their products....they don't want to be contacted concerning questions and service. Perhaps there's a "Home" and "Arcade" setting? Home shows the Bally logo and Arcade gets rid of it or shows the CGC logo. Maybe? Just a theory!

Agree, sounds like a "loophole".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/3?hl=deadpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.