pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 32.
#1501 6 years ago

My experience with CGC has also been exceptional. I couldn’t be more pleased with the nib MMr and AFMr LE that I got from them. Both games are pure greatness in regards to build quality and fun. The minor tweaking needed on both was handled quickly and easily by talking with Lloyd and Arturo. I give CGC my highest recommendation and can’t wait to see what they do with remake #3.

#1502 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A little. But I've always been a popular target, so after 22 years helping. I've learned patience. I always outlast them.
LTG : )

I nominate this for post of the year for 2018 on Pinside!!

#1503 6 years ago

I hope to get my first CGC experience with BBBr.

#1504 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

IMO a professional company that uses a forum as a sales tool, should also be there to respond and rectify situations where somebody that sent them money on blind faith is not satisfied with the product compared to what others got, instead of just showing up when it's time to make more money. And telling customers to not discuss their lack of satisfaction on the same forum is not cool at all.
If you don't play the game like that, then whatever flak you get is from your own doing.

Could you please give us some specifics? If you are talking about one pinsider and two of his buddies, I think you have no idea what you are talking about. This person did not post the whole story, only parts of it. There are plenty of happy customers and only a handful of unhappy ones. Outstanding results I think.

#1505 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I hope it wasn't this image that I posted as a joke that set them off

Yes, that was one of the images used. People claiming that was their playfield, and they wanted a populated replacement but would not admit that on Pinside, claiming that CGC would not look after them. They attacked me personally because I called out their BS.

#1506 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes he is.
I would suspect that thread where he was attacked and called names may have something to do with it.

Wow, another person chased off of Pinside - great job guys!

#1507 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think you have no idea what you are talking about. This person did not post the whole story, only parts of it. There are plenty of happy customers and only a handful of unhappy ones.

There are countless examples on this board of people frustrated with the resolutions or lack thereof with defects that came on their games.

The people that received a machine with no or only minor issues and then try to stifle and insult those that have unresolved issues or those that support them are the ones that have no idea what they are talking about.

I have no idea why the guy left this forum, if it was of being too busy, or with his tail between legs, but if he returns it will almost certainly be when it comes time to sell more games if history repeats itself.

#1508 6 years ago

I have had an outstanding service and quality experience with CGC. There was a minor issue and it was dealt with quickly. I purposely did not post pics or details on the forum for fear of others that may try to use the same pics dishonestly against CGC. Sucks if that did happen.

I would hope that anyone with a gripe would deal directly with the manufacturer before airing it out publically on a forum. However I know that often those who are weak or spineless prefer to hide behind a forum with questionable tactics rather than pick up the phone and get things dealt with for real.

So number 3 is off then? Shut down and cancelled because of this forum? Wow - that’s impact.

PS. My MB is no longer for sale.

#1509 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There are countless examples on this board of people frustrated with the resolutions or lack thereof with defects that came on their games.
The people that received a machine with no or only minor issues and then try to stifle and insult those that have unresolved issues or those that support them are the ones that have no idea what they are talking about.
I have no idea why the guy left this forum, if it was of being too busy, or with his tail between legs, but if he returns it will almost certainly be when it comes time to sell more games if history repeats itself.

The guy left the forum as he did not want to waste all of our most precious resource.. time. To have resolution to issues you need honesty from both parties. No honesty, no resolution. Everything after that is wasting time. I would do the same. I have met one of the Dougs and I tell you, if you cannot resolve an issue with him, you are unreasonable or not honest. I hope Doug does come back and ignores the extremely small minority that cause the majority of the dramas on Pinside. His contribution to pinball is outstanding and he reminds me very much of Gary Stern. The hobby is meant to be fun.

#1510 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So number 3 is off then? Shut down and cancelled because of this forum? Wow - that’s impact.

Not because of this forum, CGC missed the boat 2 weeks ago by not showing game 3 and locking in pre-orders, Stern just sold 500 LEs in under 24hrs and just sucked up a lot of pinball funds.

CGC will still make game 3, but I bet they just lost a lot of sales to Stern in the last week.

#1511 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Not because of this forum, CGC missed the boat 2 weeks ago by not showing game 3 and locking in pre-orders, Stern just sold 500 LEs in under 24hrs and just sucked up a lot of pinball funds.
CGC will still make game 3, but I bet they just lost a lot of sales to Stern in the last week.

Time will definitely tell. I was hoping CGC announced first. I do agree with you, I think Stern have sucked up some CGC sales. We passed in Iron Maiden LE waiting for CGC. The LE collectors are a totally different market. Stern will make plenty if Iron Maiden if the game turns out to be a great game and will probably follow in the footsteps of MET. 1 LE, 2 premiums 1 pro and possibly even more variations. Pinball is alive and well worldwide and that is fantastic for all of us.

#1512 6 years ago

Time will definitely tell. I was hoping CGC announced first. I do agree with you, I think Stern have sucked up some CGC sales. We passed in Iron Maiden LE waiting for CGC. The LE collectors are a totally different market. Stern will make plenty if Iron Maiden if the game turns out to be a great game and will probably follow in the footsteps of MET. 1 LE, 2 premiums 1 pro and possibly even more variations. Pinball is alive and well worldwide and that is fantastic for all of us.

The LE collectors are the exact same market....

#1513 6 years ago

You have plenty of time with CGC pins in regards to availability . If you wanted Iron Maidan LE you needed to move fast real fast!

#1514 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The LE collectors are the exact same market....

Not true. I had zero interest in Sterns LE. I’m waiting for MBr LE

#1515 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Are there that many people who get a wad of cash and just say "hey whoever releases first gets my $$" ? Just curious. These are big outlays of money, even for people who are well off. I know exactly what will end up in my collection and personally for me, none of it is or will be from Stern.

#1516 6 years ago

Stern sucks, looks and feels cheap. Until they stop putting out turds I'll pass and buy other brands. Even the older Data East and Sega are better built.

#1517 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Are there that many people who get a wad of cash and just say "hey whoever releases first gets my $$" ? Just curious. These are big outlays of money, even for people who are well off. I know exactly what will end up in my collection and personally for me, none of it is or will be from Stern.

Somewhat OT: I have been on an intrest list with my Distro for nearly a year on IMDN.. As for Stern they are not perfect but they crank out some fun games! I have loved my AC/DC, METLE, BM66 LE and soon IMDN

I already traded off my AFMr LE but still have my MMr LE I just play my Sterns 10 to 1 over MMr and AFMr LE

#1518 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Stern sucks, looks and feels cheap. Until they stop putting out turds I'll pass and buy other brands. Even the older Data East and Sega are better built.

IDK they seemed to step it up with the LE’s finally. Almost as good as the Star Trek LE I have and cherish and will be buried with.

#1519 6 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Wow, another person chased off of Pinside - great job guys!

This is why we can’t have nice things... seriously sometimes this place is rough.

#1520 6 years ago

so what's the 3rd game?

#1521 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

IDK they seemed to step it up with the LE’s finally. Almost as good as the Star Trek LE I have and cherish and will be buried with.

I feel bad saying anything negative about a company, and I know some very talented people work for Stern. That said, I maintained a Ghostbusters pin at my last job and that thing was just a total nightmare to work on and always had something breaking or wrong with it. It sat between an MMr and a Monster Bash, both of which were played a lot more and were just absolute tanks.

I hope Stern gets it together. Pinball is great and certainly the more companies putting out products the better for all of us!

#1522 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

I don't know, but can you really get excited with anything CGC are going to make? We all know the games and have been playing them since the 90's (well most of us)

Quoted from CosmoJoe:

I hope Stern gets it together. Pinball is great and certainly the more companies putting out products the better for all of us!

just about all the ex Williams staff now work for Stern, I think they have got it together

#1523 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I don't know, but can you really get excited with anything CGC are going to make? We all know the games and have been playing them since the 90's (well most of us)

Who is "we"? Who is "us"?

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

just about all the ex Williams staff now work for Stern, I think they have got it together

Ever see a bunch of star athletes suck as a team? Happens in sports all the time!

**Edit - so re-reading my post, I don't mean to come across as overly harsh or anything. I give Stern credit for being last man standing in the late 90's and beyond and keeping the pinball flame lit. They have some real stars working there, no doubt about it. I know CGC remakes might not excite people who have been in the hobby for 40 years, but some of us are more recently into pinball and if it were not for the remakes likely would not get a chance to ever own what are truly awesome pins. If you are into the newer tables with the LED TVs built in that is great and I am glad designers are pushing forward with new tech. For me, it doesn't get much better than the great pins of the 90's. Different strokes for different folks!

#1524 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

**Edit - so re-reading my post, I don't mean to come across as overly harsh or anything. I give Stern credit for being last man standing in the late 90's and beyond and keeping the pinball flame lit. They have some real stars working there, no doubt about it. I know CGC remakes might not excite people who have been in the hobby for 40 years, but some of us are more recently into pinball and if it were not for the remakes likely would not get a chance to ever own what are truly awesome pins. If you are into the newer tables with the LED TVs built in that is great and I am glad designers are pushing forward with new tech. For me, it doesn't get much better than the great pins of the 90's. Different strokes for different folks

All good, I have been in this crazy hobby for over 15+ years, owned an AFM sold it, been there, done that, got the Tee shirt.
AFM,MM,MB are true classics, but when you have had them for 8 years or so they just become old hat and I need my Pinball fix from something new

#1525 6 years ago

Why are folks talking about Stern in a CGC thread?

#1526 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Not true. I had zero interest in Sterns LE. I’m waiting for MBr LE

Your naive if you don't think its the same buyer pool...clearly they overlap...I for one have purchased both .... multiple times

#1527 6 years ago

How can you compare Stern to CGC?

Full credit to CGC for their manufacturing abilities, but they haven't introduced anything new to pinball. Say what you like about Stern, but at least they are creating new games. And lots of them.

#1528 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

No one missed the boat...if you are not keen on the game theme, it is very hard to buy a 7k up to 10k game.
For my own, I won’t buy either ACNC or Iron Maiden coz of the theme that are a letdown for me. This is a real frustration about ACNC as I love the artwork and design.
So i’m waiting for the CGC #3 remake. If it is BBB I would buy, if this is not I wouldn’t (whatever the game as I’m only interested in this one).

#1529 6 years ago

ive had 8 nib stern le purchases
ive had 7 a grade bally williams purchases
all sold 6 years ago
now own mmr le, afmr le, acdc premium vault
cant wait for no3 cgc le

all i know is cgc is the company to buy pinball machines from atm
i owned acdc bib le comparing acdc premium vault now ,you can see poorer Stern quality control and cost savings
on the other hand cgc did a magnificent job on afmr le making more improvements over a top quality mmr
no issues at all
cgc games simply look and feel the money spent for an le

#1530 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

IMO a professional company that uses a forum as a sales tool, should also be there to respond and rectify situations where somebody that sent them money on blind faith is not satisfied with the product compared to what others got, instead of just showing up when it's time to make more money. And telling customers to not discuss their lack of satisfaction on the same forum is not cool at all.
If you don't play the game like that, then whatever flak you get is from your own doing.

i don't really understand this point of view.
i make no difference between a seller that uses this forum as a sales tool or not, that he is a professionnel or private, that he asks me money preorder or not. i have the same expectation and the same degree of requirement, before, during and after sale.
when i get an issue on a sale, i always talk about it with seller outside public and figure out it with him. Never had issue with a professional, would like to say the same with a private.
...and there is a huge difference in my eyes between a professionnel that posts in the forum section than the one that only posts in the market section.

#1531 6 years ago

I have to say CGC did improve the AFMR since MMR ,I look forward to the next remake and if Rick went back and did a MMR with the larger screen,factory mods maybe a cool topper I would order one up.Not going to bash Stern ,I like my B/W pins, JJP, and remakes

#1532 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I have to say CGC did improve the AFMR since MMR ,I look forward to the next remake and if Rick went back and did a MMR with the larger screen,factory mods maybe a cool topper I would order one up.Not going to bash Stern ,I like my B/W pins, JJP, and remakes

Medieval Madness being the first remake was good and bad at the same time It is such an awesome pin but being the first CGC remake, obviously means subsequent games get the better tech not to mention improvements as CGC production makes fixes to what works and doesn't. For that reason I agree, it would be cool if CGC went back and did an anniversary edition of MMr or something. I would be all over that.

#1533 6 years ago

Doug indicated earlier in this thread that they don’t plan on offering another model of MMr, but are working on a display/speaker panel upgrade which would presumably be similar to that used on the AFMr LE and SE.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

5. Let me try to settle some myths: a) the MMR Standard Edition will remain exactly as we have produced it to date. In other words, it will not include the large display. b)We are working on an option to upgrade anyone’s current game. c) It is not as simply as changing out the display panel….let me save you a bunch of time and effort. d) There are no current plans for another model.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Hello Everyone!

4. We are still working on the MMR display/speaker panel upgrade. It’s not as simple as one might think and in order to it correctly, it going to take some time. More on this to come in 2018.

#1534 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Medieval Madness being the first remake was good and bad at the same time It is such an awesome pin but being the first CGC remake, obviously means subsequent games get the better tech not to mention improvements as CGC production makes fixes to what works and doesn't. For that reason I agree, it would be cool if CGC went back and did an anniversary edition of MMr or something. I would be all over that.

So you want an MMr-r?

#1535 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I don't think most of us have! And the designers do but not much more than that!

#1536 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

There will be always new pinheads. Theses games are built with new technology and code can be polished.
Yes, I can be excited with a BBBr and Many pinheads still own these 90’s games.

#1537 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You have plenty of time with CGC pins in regards to availability . If you wanted Iron Maidan LE you needed to move fast real fast!

Yes you are correct! Well done to Stern selling out the LEs so quickly. We would love to buy them all.. We only allocated funds for one pinball machine this year. Winner is MBrLE!

#1538 6 years ago

I just saw both remakes from recent runs sitting next to each other fresh out of the box. Fine fit and finish.They weren't played yet so it was hard to find any wear. It would be hard to get an old one to look this new.

2 weeks later
#1539 6 years ago

It's been so quiet. I wonder what they're waiting for now?

Doug, any update?

#1540 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I wonder what they're waiting for now?

When it's ready. They announce what, pictures, and when it starts shipping. And not a second sooner.

#1541 6 years ago

Are there any updates to latest MMR productions vs the early ones? I've skimmed this forum and saw people complaining about poor sound quality and inserts being hard to read when lit up [which there is a fix for, is that preinstalled on latest runs?].

#1542 6 years ago

The sound on MMR is fine but easily upgraded if you feel the need, just like pretty much every other pin. The insert brightness thing was addressed. Newer MMRs seem to come with a slightly nicer cab (it has melamine insides rather than just paint) than original releases, and I am pretty sure that’s the only running change that they’ve made.

I’ve had both and believe me, MMR is real nice, you won’t be disappointed if you grab one.

#1543 6 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

Are there any updates to latest MMR productions vs the early ones? I've skimmed this forum and saw people complaining about poor sound quality and inserts being hard to read when lit up [which there is a fix for, is that preinstalled on latest runs?].

I recently got a nib MMr and agree with everything gunstarhero and O-din said. The sound isn’t as nice as it is on my AFMr LE but it’s good enough for me since I usually have the volume rather low. The melamine cab and plywood bottom are very nice and make the game feel solid. It plays buttery smooth, especially the Catapult ramp. Awesome machine! I hope MBr is game #3 because I would like one of those too.

#1544 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I recently got a nib MMr and agree with everything gunstarhero and O-din said. The sound isn’t as nice as it is on my AFMr LE but it’s good enough for me since I usually have the volume rather low. The melamine cab and plywood bottom are very nice and make the game feel solid. It plays buttery smooth, especially the Catapult ramp. Awesome machine! I hope MBr is game #3 because I would like one of those too.

Are all the CGC cabs melamine?

#1546 6 years ago

I have met one of the Dougs and I tell you, if you cannot resolve an issue with him, you are unreasonable or not honest.

I know reasonable, honest folks that would disagree with you...many whom rarely post on Pinside. You have every right to be a CGC fanboy, but making broad claims about how CGC is taking care of their customers based on your casual "meeting" is really presumptuous.

snaroff

#1547 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

know reasonable, honest folks that would disagree with you...many whom rarely post on Pinside. You have every right to be a CGC fanboy, but making broad claims about how CGC is taking care of their customers based on your casual "meeting" is really presumptuous

Once you know who he is, you will understand why he is a fanboy and why he says this stuff.

#1548 6 years ago

I'm hoping the MMR speaker panel/screen update brings the speakers from AFMR for MMR. Money waiting!

Neil.

#1549 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are all the CGC cabs melamine?

If the game was manufactured at CGC’s factory it will have the melamine cabinet. Some of the MMR LE’s assembled at Stern’s factory didn’t have it. Interestingly CGC advertised this feature for AFMR but also included it on the MMR Standards they are making now without mentioning it or charging extra, which was nice of them.

#1550 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I know reasonable, honest folks that would disagree with you...many whom rarely post on Pinside. You have every right to be a CGC fanboy, but making broad claims about how CGC is taking care of their customers based on your casual "meeting" is really presumptuous.
snaroff

Quoted from whthrs166:

Once you know who he is, you will understand why he is a fanboy and why he says this stuff.

There are only a few of you not happy with CGC. I cannot help how you feel. Most of us like their machines and are looking forward to their next release.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 209.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/31?hl=centaurian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.