pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 32.
#1451 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Pinballpro.com customers, all PIC 2 kits went out Monday!
Greg
Pinballpro.com

Excellent guy to deal with simple as that!
Mine dropped in easy peasy
Thanks Greg!

#1452 6 years ago

Although not an owner I follow CGC because I like the flow of information that provided ... It's better to inform a customer than to leave them in the dark! It is a machine and things happen however if the info and follow up are done thinking it's not bitter a pill to swallow! Keep up the good work ... Sure #3 will sell well with this service

#1453 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

If I t gives you any grief let me know and I will get you another chip

got mine today, popped it in--5 minute fix....PLUS I now have another chip puller tool!! That's like a $2 value right there

SCORE!!!!!

#1454 6 years ago

Bought a used AFMRLE last year. Who do I contact to get the SOL 2.0 upgrade?

#1455 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Who do I contact to get the SOL 2.0 upgrade?

Open a ticket under Support on the Help Desk at chicago-gaming.com

LTG : )

#1456 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Poorly written: I apologize !
Was wondering when the game is announced if the timeline for release will be shorter , as the assembley line is good to go!
Wasn't asking for the title release as much as they are prepping to build right after announcement of title!

It wasn't poorly written, that is exactly how I understood your question; once game #3 is announced, when will it ship?

#1457 6 years ago
Quoted from LSOG:

Chips 2.0 came yesterday and will go out to all my customers Monday.

Curly

I got my chip yesterday!

Thanks Curly

#1458 6 years ago

I installed my pic 2 chip yesterday.

Turn off the game (you dont have to unplug it).

Unlock the backbox. The key is on a hook inside the coin door above one of the coin mechs.

Lift the translite assembly by the lift channel along its lower edge and pull out out of the game.
There is a wire that attaches it to a circuit board. You can unplug it or rest the translite assembly on a towel to keep it from slipping down the playfield glass.

Apply the chip pulling tool to chip labelled SOL 1.0 to the non-pinned sides of the chip.

Grip the puller way down close to the chip and squeeze it firmly.

Rock the chip left to right firmly until it loosens a bit, most likely its in pretty tight. Pull it out.
Take notice of the small hole or dimple in the chip in the upper right of the chip. This orients the chip correctly in the socket.
There is also a white dot or mark on the circuit board to denote where to orient the chip's dimple if you get confused.

Place the new chip into the socket making sure the hole or dimple in the corner of the chip is in the upper right corner.
Make sure that all of the pins on the chip are headed into their socket locations and mostly centered.

Do not trust that the label was installed the same as the original chip. Do not install the chip backwards.

Check with a flashlight that all the pins are in their correct locations in the socket. Check this carefully.

Press the chip fully into the socket, make sure no pins were left out or pushed up but fully in their socket locations.

Replace the translite assembly and plug it back into the circuit board if you had unplugged it.

Lock the backbox and return the key to its hook on the coin door.

Turn on the game.
Make any adjustments to the coil strengths via the CGC menu (press and hold the button to the very left on the 4 button assembly inside the coin door.

This job took me 10 minutes.

I left my flippers on the default setting. I tested settings from -4 all the way to default. I have an early production version and am not getting any balls flying off the wireforms as of yet.

The new default seems slightly weaker than the original and is perfect for me.

#1459 6 years ago

I got mine yesterday but the company I purchased the game from didn't include enough for shipping so I have to pay the carrier another $2 and change in cash. I guess paying $8450 with shipping wasn't enough. lol

#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

I got mine yesterday but the company I purchased the game from didn't include enough for shipping so I have to pay the carrier another $2 and change in cash. I guess paying $8450 with shipping wasn't enough. lol

Wow I've never seen them charge someone for shipping. Always just had them send back improper postage. I hope it wasn't us.. That would be embarrassing

JJ

#1461 6 years ago

Why are there so many comments posted here that aren't specifically related to the topic title... CGC Production Updates... it seems most should be posted over in the Owners thread... just sayin'

#1462 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Why are there so many comments posted here that aren't specifically related to the topic title... CGC Production Updates... it seems most should be posted over in the Owners thread... just sayin'

Good Question.

#1463 6 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

Sounds like your postman knows how to get an extra $2 tip

#1464 6 years ago

Update:

1. About a month ago we had several tickets that were opened with a concern of the AFMR auto shooter lane, whereby balls were not traveling all the way to the top. We have worked with those customers on a one-on-one basis in resolving these concerns. We are asking if there is anyone else out there that is having this issue, please open a ticket on our on our system and use the description on the subject line as “shooter lane” when establishing the ticket. Submitting a short video would be helpful as well.
2. With just a few mishaps, everyone has had great success in installing the AFMR V2.0 Solenoid Driver Board PIC. The feedback has been very positive and we are hopeful that 100% of those that required this PIC will soon be installed. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and participation.
3. We have pretty much completed the AFMR LE build and will continue to produce SE and CE’s. MMR will also be coming off the line within the next couple of weeks as well.

More to come from CGC.

Regards.

Doug Skor

#1465 6 years ago

Good evening Doug! Just a quick question about MMr; do you see CGC doing subsequent runs down the road if the demand is there?

#1466 6 years ago

So glad I got my MMR last year while waiting for my AFMR Le to show up. Jumping on the next remake ( LE ) for sure!! Quality build and best customer service out there!!

#1467 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Good evening Doug! Just a quick question about MMr; do you see CGC doing subsequent runs down the road if the demand is there?

Pretty sure they have proven the answer to that is yes and they have done multiple runs already.

#1468 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Update:
1. About a month ago we had several tickets that were opened with a concern of the AFMR auto shooter lane, whereby balls were not traveling all the way to the top. We have worked with those customers on a one-on-one basis in resolving these concerns. We are asking if there is anyone else out there that is having this issue, please open a ticket on our on our system and use the description on the subject line as “shooter lane” when establishing the ticket. Submitting a short video would be helpful as well.
2. With just a few mishaps, everyone has had great success in installing the AFMR V2.0 Solenoid Driver Board PIC. The feedback has been very positive and we are hopeful that 100% of those that required this PIC will soon be installed. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and participation.
3. We have pretty much completed the AFMR LE build and will continue to produce SE and CE’s. MMR will also be coming off the line within the next couple of weeks as well.
More to come from CGC.
Regards.
Doug Skor

I've got the shooter lane issue with my game. I'll open a ticket. Thanks Doug

#1469 6 years ago

I will absolutely buy a MMR with the new wide screen and lighted speakers.

#1470 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

This question has been answered already (by PPS for sure and also CGC I believe). If the demand remains they will make more runs.

#1471 6 years ago
Quoted from centaurian:

Excellent guy to deal with simple as that!
Mine dropped in easy peasy
Thanks Greg!

You bet! Thanks for the kind words

Greg

#1472 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

This question has been answered already (by PPS for sure and also CGC I believe). If the demand remains they will make more runs.

Thanks! Yes, Doug confirmed. Good news indeed. MMR is on my 'must have' list, just not sure when I can make that happen.

#1473 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Thanks! Yes, Doug confirmed. Good news indeed. MMR is on my 'must have' list, just not sure when I can make that happen.

I am in this same situation! Following this thread hoping they don't end production soon.

1 week later
#1474 6 years ago

Any update on the production and of the new remake?
Will CGC have the new remake at Amusement Expo International? TPF? Arcade Expo 4.0?
When will pricing and delivery be announced?

I have a AFMr SE and Legends III. Quality stuff and really looking forward to the new remake.

A fan.
Chuck

ps. No BS, submitted claim for PIC and a few plastics on a Monday had the PIC Wednesday and plastics Thursday. Dang good CS.

#1475 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Any update on the production and of the new remake?
Will CGC have the new remake at Amusement Expo International? TPF? Arcade Expo 4.0?
When will pricing and delivery be announced?
I have a AFMr SE and Legends III. Quality stuff and really looking forward to the new remake.
A fan.
Chuck
ps. No BS, submitted claim for PIC and a few plastics on a Monday had the PIC Wednesday and plastics Thursday. Dang good CS.

CGC remake #3 is going to be revealed at TPF in less than a month, similar to how AFMr was revealed there last year. Excited to see what it will be!

#1476 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Excited to see what it will be!

MBr on steroids!! bring it on.

#1477 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

CGC remake #3 is going to be revealed at TPF in less than a month, similar to how AFMr was revealed there last year. Excited to see what it will be!

Yep, can't wait. hehehe.

1 week later
#1478 6 years ago

NO CGC #3 pin at TPF...

3 weeks later
#1479 6 years ago

Is Doug still with CGC? No communication for 42 days...

#1480 6 years ago
Quoted from pin_king:

Is Doug still with CGC? No communication for 42 days...

Yes he is.

I would suspect that thread where he was attacked and called names may have something to do with it.

#1481 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes he is.
I would suspect that thread where he was attacked and called names may have something to do with it.

I agree. Doug is a really cool guy who called me personally on numerous occasions to see how my games were doing and if the issues had been solved

Class act in my book

#1482 6 years ago

Doug is a great guy and didnt deserve the regular pinside bashing that happens here all the time.
He very much cares about CGC , the games and the customers. He only wants the best of all things.
It's kinda sad that some pinsiders dont value the great asset he is as much as others.

Im sure he will announce anything important if need be.

Dont worry.

#1483 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im sure he will announce anything important if need be.

I wouldn't count on it. Though I hope he does.

#1484 6 years ago

I spoke with Doug extensively at TPF. As others have said he’s a class act. After being bashed repeatedly on Pinside I wouldn’t blame him for not posting. This forum can be toxic at times. It’s a shame since he provided lots of useful information. Great product. Can’t wait for remake #3.

#1485 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

It’s a shame since he provided lots of useful information.

For every person that is happy to receive free useful information, there will always be another that is not happy because something major goes wrong with his several thousand dollar pinball machine and ends up being told it will not be replaced or covered under warranty.

#1486 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes he is.

I got caught up in all that garbage sticking up for CGC, if I remember correctly they had a go at you too LLoyd. It is such a shame that 3 Pinsiders can cause so much BS. Sad for Pinside and not good for pinball.

#1487 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

if I remember correctly they had a go at you too LLoyd.

A little. But I've always been a popular target, so after 22 years helping. I've learned patience. I always outlast them.

#1488 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A little. But I've always been a popular target, so after 22 years helping. I've learned patience. I always outlast them.

I love that! You just gave me a really good laugh. Your contribution to pinball is absolutely incredible. People like us really appreciate an effort like yours.
From myself and my family in Australia, I wish you and your family a happy Easter!

#1489 6 years ago

I had the honor of meeting LTG and Doug at TPF; amazingly friendly and down to earth. I imagine it is crunch time at CGC so not surprised there is nothing from Doug. Feels like the eye of the hurricane!

#1490 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I spoke with Doug extensively at TPF. As others have said he’s a class act. After being bashed repeatedly on Pinside I wouldn’t blame him for not posting. This forum can be toxic at times. It’s a shame since he provided lots of useful information. Great product. Can’t wait for remake #3.

I didn’t know this happened. Very unfortunate. I don’t know the details and I don’t want to know them but a professional company like CGC shouldn’t go away... just learn to ignore the idiots. This has to be part of any media outreach I’m guessing.

#1491 6 years ago

IMO a professional company that uses a forum as a sales tool, should also be there to respond and rectify situations where somebody that sent them money on blind faith is not satisfied with the product compared to what others got, instead of just showing up when it's time to make more money. And telling customers to not discuss their lack of satisfaction on the same forum is not cool at all.

If you don't play the game like that, then whatever flak you get is from your own doing.

#1492 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

just learn to ignore the idiots. This has to be part of any media outreach I’m guessing.

Mega corporations have teams dedicated to swaying the masses in their direction. They study habits and find that discrete postings here and there have a desirable effect.

I would rather CGC spent its resources on making a really good product.

Social media costs and manipultaion generally drive quality down but can make people happy by just participating or wearing your logo!

Im not falling for it. Just make a great product please, and forget about making friends in the ether-sphere.

Doug and many others may be right, forget pinside, too much BS.

#1493 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

IMO a professional company that uses a forum as a sales tool, should also be there to respond and rectify situations where somebody that sent them money on blind faith is not satisfied with the product compared to what others got, instead of just showing up when it's time to make more money. And telling customers to not discuss their lack of satisfaction on the same forum is not cool at all.
If you don't play the game like that, then whatever flak you get is from your own doing.

I couldn't agree more...companies need to stand behind their product even if there are "major" issues with their game....we all pay a lot of cash for these games, and in most cases buy on blind faith. Doug has always been very professional with my issues, and most have been rectified quickly. That being said nobody deserves a hall pass if they don't address the customers needs.

#1494 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I couldn't agree more...companies need to stand behind their product even if there are "major" issues with their game....we all pay a lot of cash for these games, and in most cases buy on blind faith. Doug has always been very professional with my issues, and most have been rectified quickly. That being said nobody deserves a hall pass if they don't address the customers needs.

Yeah, I read quite a few of those shit storms. Not sure which one got the guy to bail, but it seemed like some people were getting playfields that weren't up to snuff compared to what others were getting and from what they said, they were pretty much told to pound sand.

Pinball is hard, but what is even harder is spending all that money and getting stuck with a lemon and no resolve in sight.

#1495 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I read quite a few of those shit storms. Not sure which one got the guy to bail, but it seemed like some people were getting playfields that weren't up to snuff compared to what others were getting and from what they said, they were pretty much told to pound sand.
Pinball is hard, but what is even harder is spending all that money and getting stuck with a lemon and no resolve in sight.

I actually give them a pass on letting a few games slip through the cracks (it happens)...what I don't give them a pass on is not addressing the issue in such a way that satisfies the customer. Manufacturers already have a sweat heard deal in that they provide zero labor in addressing game problems. Yes they provide spare parts and phone service, but for the most part no on site labor. People on this forum can say their being unreasonable until it happens to them....

#1496 6 years ago

CGC has provided excellent products and service to me. Their support has been top notch.
Lloyd has been super helpful and friendly via any communication I have sent to him.
My vote goes to them over the cringe worthy antics of many pinsiders.

#1497 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

what I don't give them a pass on is not addressing the issue in such a way that satisfies the customer.

Its impossible to satisfy 100% of ones customer base, most companies dont even try.

A small amount of consumers needs can be so specialized that they cannot be helped.
Large companies dont even try or care, just refund them and move on.

Im very pleased with the way the current pinball manufactureres are handling obscure events that occur 1 in 1000, or 3 in 1500 transactions.

Could they do better? Probably, but at some point you have to determine what is good enough and leave it there.

It may not be right for every single transaction but it works well enough over-all.

Again, Its important to note that the vast majority of transactions go off without a hitch.

Business is strictly a numbers game.

#1498 6 years ago

I hope it wasn't this image that I posted as a joke that set them off

73e88997f61c990ac6bab5468d83bcef8b303cab (resized).png73e88997f61c990ac6bab5468d83bcef8b303cab (resized).png

#1499 6 years ago

I Have also received AWESOME service form CGC. Lloyd and Arturo have been GREAT and I am super happy. The build quality on my MMr and AFMr is top notch and I look forward to getting more tables in the future.

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its impossible to satisfy 100% of ones customer base, most companies dont even try.

Quality control aint what it used to be in a lot of places. Many companies just send out lesser products with the thought that most will be OK with it and won't raise a fuss. It's just the way it is now. It's how they respond to those that aren't satisfied that matters now.

Classic example is the LazyBoy furniture I recently ordered and received. After I signed for it and they left I could see several issues I didn't notice when they first arrived. Looks like monkeys built it.

Instead of telling me to pound sand because I had already accepted and signed for it, they sent a guy out to inspect and he agreed with me and re- ordered 3/4 of what was already there.

Sucks that this is what the world has come to, that they can't do it right the first time and probably charge more in case they need to do it a second time, but the fact that they are willing to do it a second time with no fuss and not saying you bought it, now live with it, is what makes all the difference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 210.00
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/30?hl=centaurian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.