pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 32.
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

However, we are going to ask that all customers immediately return their software settings to DEFAULT. We have found that if you are using the lower range of settings that it is likely that you will blow one of the FET’s on the Solenoid Driver Board.

In regards to changing coil power? Like pops, slings, and flippers? I assume other things are fine?

#1352 6 years ago

Thx Doug .... back to default on flipper power.

Hope you and the CGC have a great holiday!!!

#1353 6 years ago

Wow. That is big news.
I thought something was up because we have ours turned all the way down and still were getting balls flying off the lock return rail.
Had no idea it might fry something though. Glad you guys cautght this and can’t wait for the update.

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Dear CGC customers:
Let me begin by wishing you all a very happy, successful New Year.
AFMR ONLY:
As I mentioned to a customer on the phone today, when it comes to service, we don’t necessarily have all the answers. As we move forward, it takes a collection of service tickets before we can piece together a trend that then leads to a resolution. In all cases, we at CGC are committed to correcting these concerns. We discovered a software glitch in the PIC that controls our solenoid driver board. While you might try setting down the power on your flippers, the fact remains that these settings are currently having little to no change on the flippers. Our software team has already corrected the problem, and we are testing the new software with a few select customers. Before we do any massive distribution, we want to thoroughly test the update. This might take a few more weeks, and we ask that you be patient as we start to distribute the PIC’s. In the meantime, there will be NO need for you to enter a service ticket at this time in order to obtain the update. Please wait for further instructions. However, we are going to ask that all customers immediately return their software settings to DEFAULT. We have found that if you are using the lower range of settings that it is likely that you will blow one of the FET’s on the Solenoid Driver Board.
More to come.
Thank you!
Doug Skor

Is this what was causing the flippers to lock in the up position and pop the fuses?

#1355 6 years ago

Thanks Doug,

To consider: Keeping with your outstanding post sale support of your brand, maybe someone can notify others not on pinside using the warrenty registration contact info. Have a Great New Year celebration folks.

#1356 6 years ago

Hey Doug........ question sir. If problems like this arrive's for us Classic owner's....does this extend our warranty if it cause's damage due to failure issues past six months.

THX Allen

#1357 6 years ago

Does your leds of the mothership looks the same then mine ? Is that normal ?

Happens at the end of game.

#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

» YouTube video

No, that's not right. Should be a fast color changing sequence.

#1359 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

» YouTube video

Mine does the same thing at the end of game I have seen it on several afm les I believe it is normal and software related

#1360 6 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Can you post a video of yours not doing it I haven’t seen one yet that hasn’t done it

#1361 6 years ago

i appreciate the updates here on pin-side. thanks!

#1362 6 years ago

Did anyone try the cow video mode ?

Everytime the cow comes I hit the launch button but nothing happens.

Is it missing ?

#1363 6 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

That what mine does.

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That what mine does.

Can you show a video please

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Can you show a video please

Here you go. As you can see, my lights rotate smoothly changing colors between red, green, and blue. The one in the above video appears to get stuck on a few lights at times instead of a smooth rotation. I think there is something wrong with the LED board on that one.

#1366 6 years ago

Thanks, then i have to open a ticket

#1367 6 years ago

Guess I have to open a ticket too then

#1368 6 years ago

Can someone check for the cow video mode, please

#1369 6 years ago

I opened a ticket if anybody knows what’s wrong with are games and gets an answer lmk
Thanks guys

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Can someone check for the cow video mode, please

We just got it the other day.
I'm not sure if you have to do both ramps or just get so many moos from pressing the launch button.
But is does work.

IMG_5100 (resized).JPGIMG_5100 (resized).JPG

IMG_5099 (resized).JPGIMG_5099 (resized).JPG

#1371 6 years ago

Great to know, then i have you check my launch button. Thanks

#1372 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Guess I have to open a ticket too then

Me too, I guess...

#1373 6 years ago

Anybody else hear anything back yet on the main saucer lighting issue yet? I know several of us on here were effected by it

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody else hear anything back yet on the main saucer lighting issue yet? I know several of us on here were effected by it

Yes, they are looking at it. He told me it can take some days. So be Patient.

Greetings

#1375 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yes, they are looking at it. He told me it can take some days. So be Patient.
Greetings

Yeah same here I think the board itself is bad that is in our saucer

#1376 6 years ago

Service Update:

Previously, I mentioned that we will be providing a firmware update that applies to the Solenoid Driver Board. We had asked both our dealers and the people on Pinside to spread the word to return their flipper coil settings to "default" until such time that you have updated your games. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation. Both internally and externally, we have been testing the firmware to make sure that it is right. The feedback we got back from a few of our testing subjects is very positive and that it will actually improve the quality of the game. The update will provide you much better control of the flipper coils. PIC’s will start to be programed soon. They will be placed in an envelope in a protective shield, a PIC puller, and some brief instructions. I am anticipating to start shipping our dealers early next week. We will start with overseas dealers first. It will be up to our dealer to distribute the update to their customers. PLEASE DO NOT OPEN SERVICE TICKETS FOR THIS UPDATE, FOR THEY WILL NOT BE DISTRIBUTED DIRECTLY BY CGC.

This issue came to light on the week between Christmas and New Year’s holidays. We quickly responded in isolating the problem and correcting the code, but the testing process took a little longer. Please stay in touch with your dealer on this update. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you.

Doug Skor

#1377 6 years ago

Thanks Doug. If you can post back when the PICs are sent out to the Distributors, then I'll know when to call and harass Mike Daddona!

#1378 6 years ago

Is the new PIC coming the version 2 one?

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Wow. That is big news.
I thought something was up because we have ours turned all the way down and still were getting balls flying off the lock return rail.
Had no idea it might fry something though. Glad you guys cautght this and can’t wait for the update.

same here

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

However, we are going to ask that all customers immediately return their software settings to DEFAULT.

You have to individually choose the items to default correct? I see no, "return all to default" or factory settings type thing. So this includes the slings as well if I had those changed from default? Anything else?

#1381 6 years ago

Dumb question: does every current AFMr buyer to date require the PIC hardware update? Thanks

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Dumb question: does every current AFMr buyer to date require the PIC hardware update? Thanks

Yes.

#1383 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You have to individually choose the items to default correct? I see no, "return all to default" or factory settings type thing. So this includes the slings as well if I had those changed from default? Anything else?

Correct. There’s no global reset that I know of. For safety, turn them all back until you have the new PIC.

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Correct. There’s no global reset that I know of. For safety, turn them all back until you have the new PIC.

I think the only other thing I altered was lighting so no solenoids involved there

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

This issue came to light on the week between Christmas and New Year’s holidays. We quickly responded in isolating the problem and correcting the code, but the testing process took a little longer. Please stay in touch with your dealer on this update. We appreciate your patience.
Thank you.
Doug Skor

Hey Doug,

Glad to hear about the progress.

Since I was impacted by this issue over the holiday season, I'm confused why the bug surfaced on recently built machines. Did something else change in the most recent AFMr builds? If the firmware was the same and nothing else changed, I don't understand why the first batch of machines didn't suffer from the failures that surfaced over the holiday season. Curious...

Thanks for the update and any additional insight,

snaroff

#1386 6 years ago

I am a newbie. What is a PIC and what does it stand for?

#1387 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I am a newbie. What is a PIC and what does it stand for?

It stands for Programmable Interface Circuit. It's a black ic in your game with a bunch of metal legs, sitting in a socket.

#1388 6 years ago

Is the pic board in conjunction with the software update for the driver board/dead flipper situation? Or, was the software update enough to cure that concern ?

#1389 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Is the pic board in conjunction with the software update for the driver board/dead flipper situation? Or, was the software update enough to cure that concern ?

The software update prevents it from happening in the future. If you have a bad board, you’ll need to open a ticket for service with CGC.

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The software update prevents it from happening in the future. If you have a bad board, you’ll need to open a ticket for service with CGC.

Gotcha. Thank you for clarification.

What is the pic board replacement for then?

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Gotcha. Thank you for clarification.
What is the pic board replacement for then?

Flipper power problem

#1392 6 years ago

The PIC goes on the Solenoid Driver Board.

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

1. Overall our games are performing amazingly. However, there has been a small number of reported concerns, on very recently produced games, of the balls trajectory as is comes out of the shooter lane. This really came to light as people opened tickets and we were able to piece to together the problem. By Monday morning our engineering and production team were working on a fix. Let me be clear, there are no failures; rather, the ball on these games comes out of the shooter lane and does not properly travel to the gate or around the orbiter loop. As mention several times, we work very methodically here at CGC. It might take a few days before we release the correction. Regardless, it will be an easy correction and we will post it on our service portal.

Doug, has the ball trajectory fix been posted? I can't seem to find it if it has...

#1394 6 years ago

For other newbies like me, when it comes to changing the PIC I found it much easier to do while removing the board and doing on a table rather than doing it while in the machine. Maybe it was just me but you are talking 40 pins that have to be perfectly lined up. A tried a few times doing it while the board was in the machine and I bent some legs trying. On the table I popped it in easily.

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Doug, has the ball trajectory fix been posted? I can't seem to find it if it has...

If you open a ticket they will send the PDF to you. However it's also been posted in the owners thread and the technical thread.

#1396 6 years ago

Just called the distributer that I bought my AFM from. ( Automated Services ) Talked to April and she started a list to get these sent out when they arrive.

Quess who's the first one on it.......

#1397 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just called the distributer that I bought my AFM from. ( Automated Services ) Talked to April and she started a list to get these sent out when they arrive.

Automated for the win!

#1398 6 years ago

Just emailed with April as well. I’m on the list.

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

May-June?

#1400 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Just emailed with April as well. I’m on the list.

Same here. On the list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 29.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/28?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.