pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 32.
#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

That is an interesting point. When I was at TPF I asked Doug Skor about some of his competitors, specifically Stern and JJP. He had nothing but nice things to say. Not a single negative word. We played a game of Dialed In together since it was right next to the Chicago Gaming area and again he had nothing but good things to say. That impressed me and I remembered it. When you are confident in your product it shows in subtle ways.
This isn't meant to say that Keith isn't being honest. He may feel that way, but it may be a better move to not say anything if that's the case.

Said way better than I could. Agree 100%. Don't know Doug, but would love to meet him at a show becasuse I'm impressed very much by his online presence/posts. I realize this is a CGC thread, so your comment is even more relevant. I just thought of Charlie because I e followed the Spooky story for a while.

#1152 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Don't know Doug, but would love to meet him

I hope you get the chance to meet him. A real class act !

LTG : )

#1153 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hope you get the chance to meet him. A real class act !

so what took them so long then?? and why was MMR such a trainwreck of a project in communications, expectations, and execution? Rick was a contributor.. but once it came out he really wasn't driving.. don't know why CGC didn't rescue it with the attitude they are showing now.

#1154 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

so what took them so long then?? and why was MMR such a trainwreck of a project in communications, expectations, and execution? Rick was a contributor.. but once it came out he really wasn't driving.. don't know why CGC didn't rescue it with the attitude they are showing now.

I can't speak for them.

My thinking is, it was a learning experience for everybody.

CGC dealt with distributors. The collector/hobby market is a whole new experience. CGC probably didn't even know about Pinside when this started. And dealing with a remake pinball owner one on one.

And the bumps along the way, like get Stern to assemble, as soon as Stern was up to speed, Stern moved. So start over. Added time and grief to getting things rolling. Who checks ticket desk. Who ships warranty parts. etc. etc.

And now that they are rolling, more time, and easier to sort out the who, what, where.

They make a quality product. They provide quality service. And getting quite experienced at it.

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

been wondering this for a long time too but really now impressed nether the less

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

when rick found any questions too hard he said not his fault blame cgc,and when spoken to doug re the ink/playfield issue and lack of answering to tickets i got the impression of a used car salesman,'weve been using the same process for bla bla bla amount of yrs and theres still variations in outcomes sometimes',i said why still send them out and once again used car salesman answers,and when asked what about cheap replacement playfields 'sorry were not in process of givn out playfields,and the person who got one screwed it up for everyone else' so people with shit playfields miss out cos of a few people. yeah great customer service and wouldnt give this company a single dime

#1157 6 years ago

Hello:

It has been several weeks since my last update.

1. The first run of AFMR was completed this week; however, there are still a few more to ship.
2. On Wednesday of this week our production team started to turn over the line to MMR. By Thursday cabinets started coming down the line and on Friday Playfields start running as well. It was amazing to watch this team work in concert in repopulating and adjusting the playfield line so quickly. For the entire month of September we will be focusing on pulling ourselves out of the weeds with MMR. Our entire staff will be off until next Tuesday in observation of the holiday.
3. Early last week, we made some further adjustments to our packaging to further protect the game and the topper. Eliminating freight damage is impossible, but we believe this improvement with make for even better success.
4. If after unpacking your games, you find concealed damage, it is critical that you notify your dealer immediately. Your dealer manages the freight, not CGC. CGC will NOT warranty freight or mishandling damages claims.
5. Overall, I am very pleased to see the reviews of AFMR. We have had an incredibly high rate of success as customers are setting up and playing their first games. Service tickets are minimal considering the amount of games that have been shipped and it looks like everyone is enjoying their games.

The CGC family wants to wish you and your families a safe and fun holiday weekend.

Doug Skor

2017-08-22 13.50.36 (resized).jpg2017-08-22 13.50.36 (resized).jpg

2017-08-31 13.52.04 (resized).jpg2017-08-31 13.52.04 (resized).jpg

2017-08-31 13.52.19 (resized).jpg2017-08-31 13.52.19 (resized).jpg

#1158 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I can't speak for them.
My thinking is, it was a learning experience for everybody.
CGC dealt with distributors. The collector/hobby market is a whole new experience. CGC probably didn't even know about Pinside when this started. And dealing with a remake pinball owner one on one.
And the bumps along the way, like get Stern to assemble, as soon as Stern was up to speed, Stern moved. So start over. Added time and grief to getting things rolling. Who checks ticket desk. Who ships warranty parts. etc. etc.

Meh... the big red flags were not how they dealt with customers, but how they sourced and primed Stern to do assembly. It really read like amauters feeding the pros.. and the pros wouldn't compromise their process.. hence a lot of the delays start/stops. Never mind the software aborts and timelines. Now, to see them ramp up a line (with what should be largely new help..) is polar opposite. Either Stern was dicking them around.. or something significant changed in the project management side in CGC.

#1159 6 years ago

Man, it would sure be cool if one of those is my MMR!

#1160 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Meh... the big red flags were not how they dealt with customers, but how they sourced and primed Stern to do assembly. It really read like amauters feeding the pros.. and the pros wouldn't compromise their process.. hence a lot of the delays start/stops. Never mind the software aborts and timelines. Now, to see them ramp up a line (with what should be largely new help..) is polar opposite. Either Stern was dicking them around.. or something significant changed in the project management side in CGC.

Stern was dicking them around!!!

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Stern was dicking them around!!!

Stern have made an art form of dicking consumers

#1162 6 years ago

Doug

My game is near perfect in my opinion congrats the you and the team! A job super well done.
Incredibly fast, fun and brutal at times. I always want to come back for more!

Will there be any software updates to AFMr?

I can only find 3 things to address:

I would like to see the blink rate of the martian standup targets reduced to make the flashing more apparent.
I agree with others that this should be fixed in the code.

The strobe LED is amazing and super bright as it should be! I love it.
Maybe the aftermarket modders can come up with a lens or diffuser to compensate for the checkerboard reflection.
Its more apparent with higher brightness settings, noticeable but not terrible.

Have an engineer on your team write up a schematic and recommended parts list for headphone installation that we can download. This way any modified games will be similar and have parity in the field, a lot of us are good builders and can do the work.

I already started a thread for this and can document the installation.

These fixes would make a almost perfect game even more perfect in my opinion.

Thank you so much for this incredible game!

1 week later
#1163 6 years ago

Hello,

1. Things are now moving smoothly on MMR’s and first games will start shipping early part of this week. With the holiday weekend last week and a few snags on the line, we are back on track. Starting today, they will start boxing games. Many have already been built waiting on final QC.
2. We have had a few requests in sharing the green color specs for what we call Martian Green. Remember...this is not a liquid paint, but rather it is a powder. For those that want to go nuts painting other items: DuPont / AXALTA RAL6037
3. I need to remind everyone that we do not have access to our dealers orders and schedules. If you are seeking knowledge on when you will be receiving your game, I simply cannot be of any help. Please be sure contact your dealer.
4. Reminder: If you have a question about service or an individual part, please simply open a ticket on our service portal. https://chicagogamingcompany.freshdesk.com As most of you will attest, we are very responsive in resolving tickets quickly.

Our prayers go out to our friends in Florida, surrounding states and islands. We hope you all pull through the storm safely.

Doug Skor

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Hello,
1. Things are now moving smoothly on MMR’s and first games will start shipping early part of this week. With the holiday weekend last week and a few snags on the line, we are back on track. Starting today, they will start boxing games. Many have already been built waiting on final QC.
2. We have had a few requests in sharing the green color specs for what we call Martian Green. Remember...this is not a liquid paint, but rather it is a powder. For those that want to go nuts painting other items: DuPont / AXALTA RAL6037
3. I need to remind everyone that we do not have access to our dealers orders and schedules. If you are seeking knowledge on when you will be receiving your game, I simply cannot be of any help. Please be sure contact your dealer.
4. Reminder: If you have a question about service or an individual part, please simply open a ticket on our service portal. https://chicagogamingcompany.freshdesk.com As most of you will attest, we are very responsive in resolving tickets quickly.
Our prayers go out to our friends in Florida, surrounding states and islands. We hope you all pull through the storm safely.
Doug Skor

This appears to be the right one?
https://www.powderbuythepound.com/ral-6037-pure-green.html

Can not seem to locate it on Prismatic Powders

Thanks so much Doug for the Color Info

#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Hello,
Doug Skor

forget the past.. time to go to the future... Lets get busy on monster bash remake.

#1166 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

forget the past.. time to go to the future... Lets get busy on monster bash remake.

Amen to that....looking forward to the trifecta

#1167 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Hello,
Doug Skor

Nice to see a company on here communicating with their customers and potential customers. It sure would be nice if other companies did the same!

#1168 6 years ago

My AFMr is perfect, love it along side my MMr. Agree a MBr should be next but I really want a White Water and Cactus Canyon. Both with additional software...

Keep up the good work!

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

My AFMr is perfect, love it along side my MMr. Agree a MBr should be next but I really want a White Water and Cactus Canyon. Both with additional software...
Keep up the good work!

I would be all over a WH20 remake. I think it would be even better than my AFMr.

#1170 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

I would be all over a WH20 remake.

Me too, beat up ones are starting to command stupid money.

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Me too, beat up ones are starting to command stupid money.

It would need to have added rules in my opinion. I just owned and sold a mint one because I found it lacked depth. Not sure why it's worth so much. Kinda cool layout though.

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It would need to have added rules in my opinion. I just owned and sold a mint one because I found it lacked depth. Not sure why it's worth so much. Kinda cool layout though.

Agreed. I had a very nice very modded one and it was fun for a few months but not worth the 4-5k i had in it. I like all the ramps but thats all it really is lol. I doubt they remake ot since the topper is impossible to reproduce correctly. Its one the best toppers ever imo...

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed. I had a very nice very modded one and it was fun for a few months but not worth the 4-5k i had in it. I like all the ramps but thats all it really is lol. I doubt they remake ot since the topper is impossible to reproduce correctly. Its one the best toppers ever imo...

Id think the BOM on Wh20 would kill it given its market value.

#1174 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed on the topper. Best ever. But I think it can be remade. Just a matter of recreating the original process. Can't be impossible. It is a great effect.

#1175 6 years ago

Hello:

I hope all is good with everyone. Fall is soon to be upon us and both the tradeshows and pinball fests will start all over again. Next week I will be attending the EAS in Berlin Germany, which is a tradeshow for the professional amusement and park industry. We will have a stand at the exhibition and look forward in meeting new operators and dealers. Beyond that several more shows before the year is up (including pinball Expo and the IAAPA).

Update:
1. Please join me (follow us) on Facebook and see the quick walk through on MMR production: https://www.facebook.com/chicagogamingcompany/
2. MMR Production will carry on to likely October 6th. We will then quickly turn back to AFMR.
3. Our first order of business upon returning to AFM, will be build out all of the overseas containers. A good percentage of the MMR is being stages for these containers as well. I am predicting that this will take about three weeks of AFM production. After completing these orders, we will return to North America production again. Our goal is to have all LE’s shipped prior to Christmas…fingers crossed.
4. Most of our dealers are reporting that they have either sold through or will soon sell through their LE allocation. All 1,000 units have been allocated by CGC to dealers. Special Edition and Classic Edition orders are growing every day, but the priority on these models will not be focused until most of the LE’s have been shipped. We will be producing AFMR until the end of February of 2018. Our plan is to have Pin 3 start down the line in early March, with a launch date at the TPF 2018.

On occasion, I check in to Pinside and see so many of you are enjoying your games. We know some of you are impatiently waiting and we look forward to shipping your games as well.

Best regards.

Doug Skor

#1176 6 years ago

Doug you are a shinning example of how manufacturers can communicate effectively via social media. My MMr has been a flawless player going on two years now and I know it is due to the preparation of CGC. Looking forward to and holding money for game 3 - looking forward to game 4 5 6 7 8.
Posting on a Saturday morning speaks volumes to me of the depth of commitment to an the love of Pinball on your part.

Best of luck to you and CGC.

#1177 6 years ago

Really appreciate the updates Doug! These pinball games are so expensive these days so it is extremely comforting to have you and your company right on top of things and if an issue does arise it is addressed quickly. Such a breath of fresh air and since I am not a super tech guy it is nice to know I can reach out for assistance if something does pop up.

These older games have such a classic charm to them it is brilliant you are doing the re-makes - the original feel is still there but with all brand new parts and some fun items like the color display/speakers to add some modern feel - a perfect blend.

I think you are adding future customers daily with your great product, communication and support team! It is so nice to read all the AFMr threads and see everyone so fired up and enjoying the game. Best of continued success sir! Cheers!

#1178 6 years ago

Can't wait for game #3 matching LE!!!! Please be Monster Bash, please be Monster Bash, please be Monster Bash!

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Hello:
I hope all is good with everyone. Fall is soon to be upon us and both the tradeshows and pinball fests will start all over again. Next week I will be attending the EAS in Berlin Germany, which is a tradeshow for the professional amusement and park industry. We will have a stand at the exhibition and look forward in meeting new operators and dealers. Beyond that several more shows before the year is up (including pinball Expo and the IAAPA).
Update:
1. Please join me (follow us) on Facebook and see the quick walk through on MMR production: https://www.facebook.com/chicagogamingcompany/
2. MMR Production will carry on to likely October 6th. We will then quickly turn back to AFMR.
3. Our first order of business upon returning to AFM, will be build out all of the overseas containers. A good percentage of the MMR is being stages for these containers as well. I am predicting that this will take about three weeks of AFM production. After completing these orders, we will return to North America production again. Our goal is to have all LE’s shipped prior to Christmas…fingers crossed.
4. Most of our dealers are reporting that they have either sold through or will soon sell through their LE allocation. All 1,000 units have been allocated by CGC to dealers. Special Edition and Classic Edition orders are growing every day, but the priority on these models will not be focused until most of the LE’s have been shipped. We will be producing AFMR until the end of February of 2018. Our plan is to have Pin 3 start down the line in early March, with a launch date at the TPF 2018.
On occasion, I check in to Pinside and see so many of you are enjoying your games. We know some of you are impatiently waiting and we look forward to shipping your games as well.
Best regards.
Doug Skor

Great line of Communications ! Thank you!

#1180 6 years ago

Just curious are there any differences to these machine s and the ones built by stern ?

I read about earlier light issues and inserts beings washed out.... has this been fixed?

And lastly is their a comparison table for se and le mmrs to see the difference s

Thanks

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just curious are there any differences to these machine s and the ones built by stern ?
I read about earlier light issues and inserts beings washed out.... has this been fixed?
And lastly is their a comparison table for se and le mmrs to see the difference s
Thanks

http://chicago-gaming.com/afm.php

#1182 6 years ago

That's a chart for afm remake... i didnt see one for mmr on the site that's why I asked

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

That's a chart for afm remake... i didnt see one for mmr on the site that's why I asked

https://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-faq/
But there may be some differences from that original list too. For example, it's now known that all MMR SE's have come with a plywood cabinet bottom.

#1184 6 years ago

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Im really looking forward to when my distributor contacts me about my le.

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Thanks

The LE MMR came with the shaker, your choice of side rail and lock bar color, finished backbox edges, and you get a discount on the color upgrade... plus a numbered LE badge on the apron. There were originally gonna be cab differences and more clearcoat layers but they ended up using those on the Standards too.

As far as Stern built vs. CGC built, they both used/are using the same parts sourced by PPE and CGC, it's just different people assembling them. So there should really be no noticeable differences. The AFMRs seem pretty solid so I am hoping the relative inexperience of the build team at CGC doesn't cause any issue.

#1186 6 years ago

Picked up my MMR today at automated services thanks Mike!!! Great job CGC on making some great products!!! Now I have My 1/2 combo!!

IMG_0154.JPGIMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0156.JPGIMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0157.JPGIMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0149.JPGIMG_0149.JPG

#1187 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't forget. They will be the ones picking out your old folks home.

So just as a follow up on the "will the kids notice the new LE box" experiment.... my son finally noticed the LE box in the basement after a few weeks, asked what it was, I told him, he says "oh", and turns around and walks off. I guess this happens when kids grow up with a basement arcade. I still need room to unpack it and unfortunately the gentleman I'm selling some basement games to had some hurricane Harvey issues (house in Rockport, TX) so I told him to just take care of his business and no rush on picking up the games. May be a while before I get to unpack it.

#1188 6 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

So just as a follow up on the "will the kids notice the new LE box" experiment.... my son finally noticed the LE box in the basement after a few weeks, asked what it was, I told him, he says "oh", and turns around and walks off. I guess this happens when kids grow up with a basement arcade. I still need room to unpack it and unfortunately the gentleman I'm selling some basement games to had some hurricane Harvey issues (house in Rockport, TX) so I told him to just take care of his business and no rush on picking up the games. May be a while before I get to unpack it.

Your restraint is amazing. I'd be packing my old games up to get the new one out of the box! If only to make sure it works!

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Picked up my MMR today at automated services thanks Mike!!! Great job CGC on making some great products!!! Now I have My 1/2 combo!!

How'd you get a AFMLE remake before your MMR? I thought only the matching serial numbers went out on the AFMLE remakes?

#1190 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

How'd you get a AFMLE remake before your MMR? I thought only the matching serial numbers went out on the AFMLE remakes?

no they also did some no matching also.

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Non- matching !

#1192 6 years ago

Recieved my Afmr Le #224 today and I just noticed that my topper only half works, the Aliens eyes don't light up and he does not move. The saucers work and so does the lighting up top. I went into the Menus and ran the test, hold down launch button and nothing. Any ideas Brand new and he is broken. I checked the wiring and it looks ok.

#1193 6 years ago

The topper has some connectors before you get to the ends that plug in. Then the end connectors go to the small board in the head and two of them go to the big board in the head.

Please go over all of them and be sure they are pushed in tight.

Next step, please go to chicago-gaming.com and open a ticket on the support desk.

Thank you.

#1194 6 years ago

Thanks , you got it working!! Your the best!!

#1195 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The topper has some connectors before you get to the ends that plug in. Then the end connectors go to the small board in the head and two of them go to the big board in the head.
Please go over all of them and be sure they are pushed in tight.
Next step, please go to chicago-gaming.com and open a ticket on the support desk.
Thank you.

Amazing work LTG!!

#1196 6 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements, Chicago Gaming distributor, has a few AFMR LEs left to sell... Production on AFMR LEs will resume in early October and games will be shipping shortly thereafter.

We will be at the York, PA Whiterose Gameroom Show with an AFMR Special Edition available for everyone to play / enjoy. Come see us !

$ 1000 deposit on the LE
$ 250 on the SE (Special) and CE (Classic)

Oh, and we have MMRs IN STOCK now available for immediate shipping ! We'll be bringing a few to the York show NIB to take home !

Email Joe at [email protected]

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

#1197 6 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

I'll take that off your hands if your too busy to unbox it. Cannot believe you've had it sitting in a box for weeks, that's insane!

#1198 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I'll take that off your hands if your too busy to unbox it. Cannot believe you've had it sitting in a box for weeks, that's insane!

I have an SE on location so I go play that when I get the urge. The SE with that big beautiful screen definitely gave me my AFMR fix.

#1199 6 years ago

Game #3 please!!!

cv.pngcv.png

#1200 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Game #3 please!!!

I would like them to do that pin also at some point.
Each time PPS throw names out for games that they could be doing, it's not on the list.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,1225.0.html

From post #4 "Well likely the next games might be BBB, MB, KP, TOM, or CC ... so a 20% at this point you are right."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/24?hl=centaurian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.