pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 32.
#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I'm a CGC fan for life now after owning my AFMr SE since July. The machine is incredible. I'm so thankful that they've chosen to reissue these classics with the upgraded tech. I have no regrets and I've had no issues with it after over 500 plays. I'm all-in on a MBr or a CCr (would have to be w/ completed code or I'd not consider it), but between the two I'd rather have a MBr.
I'm hoping that there are still a few MMr's available on this 'last run' by the end of winter. I'd love to add both to my collection eventually. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Where did you hear last run? They have more distributor orders than the 250 they are making now, so they will need to do at least one more run after running some more AFMr.

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I'm a CGC fan for life now after owning my AFMr SE since July. The machine is incredible. I'm so thankful that they've chosen to reissue these classics with the upgraded tech. I have no regrets and I've had no issues with it after over 500 plays. I'm all-in on a MBr or a CCr (would have to be w/ completed code or I'd not consider it), but between the two I'd rather have a MBr.
I'm hoping that there are still a few MMr's available on this 'last run' by the end of winter. I'd love to add both to my collection eventually. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Plan on MB then because they have said CC would be original code if made. Which would be a shame as that game really deserves to be finished. Original game is just ok.

#1103 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Plan on MB then because they have said CC would be original code if made. Which would be a shame as that game really deserves to be finished. Original game is just ok.

I have heard that it definitely won't be the Continued code that is available now, but I think they will do new code to finish the game.

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have heard that it definitely won't be the Continued code that is available now, but I think they will do new code to finish the game.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,1225.0.html
From link
"There will never be a CCCR, but there will be a re-written CCR with modifications ..."

I hope they do MBR first.

#1105 6 years ago

Ive had mb, mm and afm at same time ...... mb is cool theme with neat toys but just dont stand up to mm or especially afm imo especially for 8500+. I sold mb and dont regret one bit bc it gets stale pretty fast especially in a smaller collection. Code is no where near as good as mm and afm and the shots are not as good eaither. I really hope cc , kp ,bbb is next .

#1106 6 years ago

The code in CC is no way finished at this point.
Re-writing it to address some new concepts is the way to go.

So, I'm thinking CC plus, other than just a remake.

So few CC games hit the market most people have never seen one.
I think it would be an immediate success due to not competing with the other successful 20 year old titles already on the street.
It just needs about 2 years of coding...

BBB would also greatly benefit from refreshing the code, IMHO its a bit shallow game-wise, a lot more can be done to finish or polish it up.

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The code in CC is no way finished at this point.

What isn't finished ?

According to the design teams fireside chat at Expo years ago. One rule on the rule card isn't in there. And they explained why it got left out. Everything else is done.

LTG : )

#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What isn't finished ?
According to the design teams fireside chat at Expo years ago. One rule on the rule card isn't in there. And they explained why it got left out. Everything else is done.

Finished might be too strong a word here as all of the features and inserts do work.
The title seems dated a bit and might not be competitive as it stands currently?
Polished? Maybe modernized a bit? There's definitely more to do with the story line IMO...( cowboys and aliens comes to mind...)

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What isn't finished ?

About the only thing I could think of was the match screen. Compared to the stuff Stern puts out now, it's 100% complete.

#1110 6 years ago

Maybe "unfinished" isn't the word but it is super ehhh... fonts that don't match the theme, things that happen without animations, it's just kinda spartan. Even CCC isn't perfect but once you play CCC then you can never go back to plain ol CC.

The code in BBB is fine to me, the game isn't deep but it feeeeels like it's all there.

To be fair, I don't own either of these but I have a local buddy who gives me basically unlimited access. If I had BBB at my house I might feel different.

#1111 6 years ago

Should be about time for CGC to pop in with another update.
All three AFMr threads keep me busy looking for new post.

#1112 6 years ago

did anyone receive an LE that wasn't serial matched?

Does anyone know when the second batch of AFMR will be built? CGC_DougS Any updates ?

Neil.

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Does anyone know when the second batch of AFMR will be built? cgc_dougs Any updates ?
Neil.

Yes I received my LE that wasn't serial matched.

#1114 6 years ago

Yes, couple weeks ago!

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Does anyone know when the second batch of AFMR will be built? cgc_dougs Any updates ?
Neil.

I just shipped my first batch of non matched games yesterday. So dealers are getting them.

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

IMG_0633 (resized).JPGIMG_0633 (resized).JPG

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I just shipped my first batch of non matched games yesterday. So dealers are getting them.
Greg M
Pinballpro.com

CGC address the wrinkled box tops(due to topper) already, I think it's only been a week or so since first reported. Pretty responsive and impressive! I swear the type of wood they used must add 40 + lbs to the shipping weight, but it does make the game feel even more special when you open it.

#1117 6 years ago

Nice. The top-side pallet is new. Hope to have mine this weekend! Come-on Automated, call me today, OK? I'm ready to drive down to CT to pick her up.

Guess I'll need to bring my cordless drill to disassemble the topper pallet to fit into my back seat.

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

CGC address the wrinkled box tops(due to topper) already, I think it's only been a week or so since first reported. Pretty responsive and impressive! I swear the type of wood they used must add 40 + lbs to the shipping weight, but it does make the game feel even more special when you open it.

This is a great solution, mine was the one with the topper missing completely.
Doug has been great to deal with, nothing but good things to say about CGC.

#1119 6 years ago

Love my AFMr LE, I'm ready for MBr LE!

#1120 6 years ago

After a full week of ownership, I can say the game is sweet! I'm not sure what other remakes I would buy, since I didn't plan on buying this one. It's really going to depend on what CGC does to improve it like they did with AFMR LE.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

Hey CGC,
Send The Game Exchange some non matching serial LE's please.

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Hey CGC,
Send The Game Exchange some non matching serial LE's please.

Lol they already did. Problem is we had so many matching games we only got 3 Non =(

#1123 6 years ago

Can hardly wait for them to announce MBr LE.. Take my money!

#1124 6 years ago

ok cool, so assuming my AFMR is made now just need the second batch of non-matched serial numbers to be made then the ship! I think before the end of October! mind you I won't have anything until my new pinball room is built

Neil.

#1125 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Lol they already did. Problem is we had so many matching games we only got 3 Non =(

Yea.
Just trying to help you and me out at the same time. lol
If they build a few extra maybe you will get some more.

#1126 6 years ago

Looking forward to the day i get my notification ob my LE.

#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

How 'bout those MMRs??

#1128 6 years ago

In the interest of reporting deliveries. Here's a pic of my son playing Tron with my boxed LE in the background. I have an SE on location so my kids and I have gotten our fix on what a great table this is. Now I'm doing an experiment as to I how long it takes my kids to notice the new box in the basement. Actually, I really don't have room for it until some twin drivers get moved out. Fortunately the kids are numb to large boxes in the basement.

20170822_185644 (resized).jpg20170822_185644 (resized).jpg

#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

Now I'm doing an experiment as to I how long it takes my kids to notice the new box in the basement.

Don't forget. They will be the ones picking out your old folks home.

#1130 6 years ago

Keith Elwin is posting on Facebook how he can't hit any of his shots on this remake.
Saying it "Plays like video pinball".
And that it's "Definite Latency"

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Keith Elwin is posting on Facebook how he can't hit any of his shots on this remake.

"Play better". Lol.

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Now he works for Stern isn't there a conflict of interest here? Knowing he works for Stern, shouldn't we be taking these comments with a grain of salt?

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Personally I find Spike flippers a little delayed compared to Sam. But because I can't play a Spike game on a Sam system (as I can play an AFM and an AFMR on 2 different systems) , they're is no way to compare - your brain just adapts to the feel of the shot on that game.

So the comparison is ridiculous. If you played only AFMR you would eventually get used to the timing of the shots, and when you went to play AFM the shots would also feel completely different.

#1134 6 years ago

I'm wondering if the one he played needed the flippers adjusted. Mine were parked a bit low. After adjusting, it felt and played much better.

#1135 6 years ago

WOW just inboxed LE #90 (more posted in unboxing thread) and I must say in my many years of collecting and my many NIB machine opening experiences this one takes the cake!!! AMAZING. What a quality machine and what attention to detail. Way to go CGC. I did. It play or even see this game in person before now... only photos. It is so much more than what I was expecting. The topper is unlike anything I have ever seen and the game just blows me away. I will post more in the unboxing thread but wanted to post this to let CGC know what a work of art they have created.

IMG_3570 (resized).JPGIMG_3570 (resized).JPG

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

WOW just inboxed LE #90 (more posted in unboxing thread) and I must say in my many years of collecting and my many NIB machine opening experiences this one takes the cake!!! AMAZING. What a quality machine and what attention to detail. Way to go CGC. I did. It play or even see this game in person before now... only photos. It is so much more than what I was expecting. The topper is unlike anything I have ever seen and the game just blows me away. I will post more in the unboxing thread but wanted to post this to let CGC know what a work of art they have created.

Beautiful! I have 250+ plays on mine so far and can't get enough of it!

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I can make the 5 way combo fairly consistantly on my game. I dont feel any latency at all. It loops as smooth and fast as my TOM. Possibly smoother and faster, its really a joy to play!

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Video pinball? What does that even mean? Still a real ball with real physics, I don't get that comment.

BUT ... I would utterly believe he can feel latency. That's something that could be tested for, need a new and old machine side by side, a high speed camera, and some alligator clips ...

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Well, I've played a couple of the remakes and as a player with maybe 10% of the skill that Elwin has, I can still hit maybe half or more of the shots I attempt. I guess my takeaway from this is that if I ever get to play Keith heads-up, I hope it's on AFMr... since he can't hit ANY of his shots.

#1140 6 years ago

Oh yeah... and this made me remember just how much "class" that Charlie from Spooky Pinball has. He would NEVER take pock shots at the competition even when there's good reason. For a major player from Stern to bash the competition like this is poor form imho. Maybe we should ask Zach his opinion on the remakes?

#1141 6 years ago

I'm looking forward to beating Keith Elwin at AFMR! That'll be one for the memoirs!

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Video pinball? What does that even mean? Still a real ball with real physics, I don't get that comment.
BUT ... I would utterly believe he can feel latency. That's something that could be tested for, need a new and old machine side by side, a high speed camera, and some alligator clips ...

so I have access to a MMR and I can probably borrow a high speed cam from work, just need a MR. I'll have AFMR later in the year and I'll test it.

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Video pinball?

If you don't have the video settings correct on your TV, you get latency with pinball arcade...maybe that's the reference?

I played AFMr and I was able to hit shots fine. I'm no pinball wizard but I'm fully confident I would notice if there was any delay in the flipper actuation after pressing the button. If there is some incredibly subtle difference maybe(?!)...still don't see what the fuss would be about. Unless you are so pampered you play superb quality crisp machines 100% of the time, you have to adapt to each individual game. You telling me that routed location games used in tourney's don't have some minor nuances.

#1144 6 years ago

He's a company man now, cut him some slack.

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

He's a company man now, cut him some slack.

You mean like don't bring up the time he showed his boss on the new P2K how you could lift the playfield up and lean back and the balls wouldn't roll out ? Except they did, the game he demonstrated on didn't have the flapper to stop them. Out they came, bouncing on the floor. His boss was real impressed.

Can't wait to critique his game when it comes out.

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If you don't have the video settings correct on your TV, you get latency with pinball arcade...maybe that's the reference?

Oh, could be, that does make more sense.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

so I have access to a MMR and I can probably borrow a high speed cam from work, just need a MR. I'll have AFMR later in the year and I'll test it.

So someone else might have a smarter thought than me, but I'm basically thinking a simple setup with a button, an LED in circuit with it, and clips to each cabinet to simulate cabinet button being pressed so you can activate them remotely simultaneously.

Press button, LED lights, and flippers on each cab are activated. Shoot with camera on high speed, can be low rez, doesn't matter. The LED will light instantly when the circuit is closed, and that's your reference point to then watch the flippers. If there's truly latency you should see the remake one going up behind the original.

This is basically a variation on a setup people use to test input lag on video games, should work, in theory.

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You mean like don't bring up the time he showed his boss on the new P2K how you could lift the playfield up and lean back and the balls wouldn't roll out ? Except they did, the game he demonstrated on didn't have the flapper to stop them. Out they came, bouncing on the floor. His boss was real impressed.
Can't wait to critique his game when it comes out.

Yeah, like that!

#1148 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The LED will light instantly when the circuit is closed, and that's your reference point to then watch the flippers.

You have to put the led on an independant powersource then. When the delay is coming from the boards that for one reason or another send power to the coils with a latency, then putting a LED on that same circuit will also be delayed. I think

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

You have to put the led on an independant powersource then. When the delay is coming from the boards that for one reason or another send power to the coils with a latency, then putting a LED on that same circuit will also be delayed. I think

Yeah, just a battery, super simple circuit that's closed with the button you press, totally independent of the cabinets.

Anyways, it's probably overkill, but it wouldn't be hard to do if anyone ever felt like it. Put it to rest.

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Oh yeah... and this made me remember just how much "class" that Charlie from Spooky Pinball has. He would NEVER take pock shots at the competition even when there's good reason. For a major player from Stern to bash the competition like this is poor form imho. Maybe we should ask Zach his opinion on the remakes?

That is an interesting point. When I was at TPF I asked Doug Skor about some of his competitors, specifically Stern and JJP. He had nothing but nice things to say. Not a single negative word. We played a game of Dialed In together since it was right next to the Chicago Gaming area and again he had nothing but good things to say. That impressed me and I remembered it. When you are confident in your product it shows in subtle ways.

This isn't meant to imply that Keith isn't being honest. He may feel that way, but it may be a better move to not say anything if that's the case.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.