pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 32.
#1051 6 years ago

Has there been official word yet what the color upgrade for the Standard will cost? I feel like it was $400 for MM right?

#1052 6 years ago

It's priced right in that sweet spot to make you jump to an SE. Wish it was half that.

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's priced right in that sweet spot to make you jump to an SE. Wish it was half that.

Haha yeah, that's exactly my thinking. I can't find the price matrix anymore, what's the SE? Like $7200?

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Has there been official word yet what the color upgrade for the Standard will cost? I feel like it was $400 for MM right?

Color included on the LE price...

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Color included on the LE price...

I definitely don't want the LE. Couldn't care less about the topper and mirror blades and green armor etc.

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I definitely don't want the LE. Couldn't care less about the topper and mirror blades and green armor etc.

SE seems like the way to go. Color for MMR was 400 for standards and 200 for the LE customers. I haven't heard about pricing for AFM.

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yea...that's why I got black...looks kick ass, I don't give a shit about a topper either,,,,it's cool though, I wanted the color changing ships...LE only way to go bro.

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha yeah, that's exactly my thinking. I can't find the price matrix anymore, what's the SE? Like $7200?

7600 shipped.....

#1059 6 years ago

Ce 6500 plus ship Se 7300 plus ship

So 6500 turns in to 6900 with color which makes you go hmmm only 400 more and I get Se...I almost talked myself in to it but the only upgrades on Se are different color saucers(?) and XL display and I don't care. Classic with color for 69 is cool with me...this shit gets outta control fast for a man toy

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Ce 6500 plus ship Se 7300 plus ship
So 6500 turns in to 6900 with color which makes you go hmmm only 400 more and I get Se...I almost talked myself in to it but the only upgrades on Se are different color saucers(?) and XL display and I don't care. Classic with color for 69 is cool with me...this shit gets outta control fast for a man toy

Don't forget about the upgraded sound and the shaker motor on the SE also. The premium sound is the same as the LE and it is tremendous. The difference between the sound package on the AFMr SE and the CE is night and day. I knew buying the SE was the right choice when I heard the sound. IMO the sound package is the best out of the box there is. CGC really nailed it.

So the extra $400 is money well spent.

#1061 6 years ago

I have had my AMFrLE with black trim since Monday; however, I haven't been able to play it too much. I had a NIB problem I thought I would share with the community, especially those getting an LE. I would not get any semblance of GI, display or back box lighting. First, I want to be clear that the service was OUTSTANDING by CGC and PPS. I received a call within an hour of placing at ticket with CGC from Lloyd and when he couldn't help me Sean from CGC engineering contacted me through the portal and called me the very next day. Rick from PPS called me the same day as well, making sure that someone had been in touch with me at CGC. After a couple days of troubleshooting the problem was finally identified. The topper connector was shorting out and keeping the power supply from properly delivering 12V to the controller board. There was a small flaw with the topper board and the pin connector which was mentioned previously in this thread. I cut the pin on the board(3rd pin down)but did not remove the plug from the connector. This was keeping the plug from properly seating on the topper board which caused the problem. I would recommend removing the plug on the connector for the topper board (lower right) regardless if you cut the pin on the board. Just takes a paper clip to push the plug out from the back. Regardless of the delay, I am still enjoying my new pin. I was extremely happy with the prompt response from CGC and PPS. I had previously bought a MMrLE and won't hesitate to buy from them again.

#1062 6 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

I have had my AMFrLE with black trim since Monday; however, I haven't been able to play it too much. I had a NIB problem I thought I would share with the community, especially those getting an LE. I would not get any semblance of GI, display or back box lighting. First, I want to be clear that the service was OUTSTANDING by CGC and PPS. I received a call within an hour of placing at ticket with CGC from Lloyd and when he couldn't help me Sean from CGC engineering contacted me through the portal and called me the very next day. Rick from PPS called me the same day as well, making sure that someone had been in touch with me at CGC. After a couple days of troubleshooting the problem was finally identified. The topper connector was shorting out and keeping the power supply from properly delivering 12V to the controller board. There was a small flaw with the topper board and the pin connector which was mentioned previously in this thread. I cut the pin on the board(3rd pin down)but did not remove the plug from the connector. This was keeping the plug from properly seating on the topper board which caused the problem. I would recommend removing the plug on the connector for the topper board (lower right) regardless if you cut the pin on the board. Just takes a paper clip to push the plug out from the back. Regardless of the delay, I am still enjoying my new pin. I was extremely happy with the prompt response from CGC and PPS. I had previously bought a MMrLE and won't hesitate to buy from them again.

So maybe break off a toothpick in the hole of the connector instead of the ill fitting plastic plug for safety maybe and still cut the pin off the board?
Shove the toothpick in so that it doesnt raise the connector off the board (old school repair...).

#1063 6 years ago

I apologize if this has already been covered, but does any type of "PDI/invisiglass" come with either the AFMr LE or SE? Or is it standard glass?

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I apologize if this has already been covered, but does any type of "PDI/invisiglass" come with either the AFMr LE or SE? Or is it standard glass?

Standard glass

#1065 6 years ago

I have InvisiGlass standing by, waiting for my AFM-R to arrive.

#1066 6 years ago

Word from my distributor is he is expecting a LE shipment within a week that includes mine. Looking forward to it!

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Word from my distributor is he is expecting a LE shipment within a week that includes mine. Looking forward to it!

I heard the same thing. Is suspect it's from the same distributor as well!

#1068 6 years ago

I just received a call from the freight company! Non-matching LE with green trim.

Unfortunately we are getting hammered with so much rain today and tomorrow that I had to defer the delivery until Friday. I just couldn't stomach the thought of this masterpiece of a pin rolling down a slippery grass hill, then watching it burst into flames on impact because I couldn't wait one more day for things to dry out.

The pinball Gods hate me at the moment...

#1069 6 years ago

I'm in!!!...came this morning....

IMG_1720 (resized).JPGIMG_1720 (resized).JPG

#1070 6 years ago

Does anyone have an idea as to when the the next LE batch goes out? I am assuming I'm not in this last batch that was finished because I have not received "The Call" or email.

I'm so impatient...

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Does anyone have an idea as to when the the next LE batch goes out? I am assuming I'm not in this last batch that was finished because I have not received "The Call" or email.
I'm so impatient...

From what I remember from the updates in this thread, they are going to make AFMrLE through the end of this month, then switch to MMr for 4 weeks, then finish the AFMrLEs starting in October.

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

From what I remember from the updates in this thread, they are going to make AFMrLE through the end of this month, then switch to MMr for 4 weeks, then finish the AFMrLEs starting in October.

My vote is keep making all LE's then do MM.
But I may have underlying reasons.

#1073 6 years ago

When you can just place an order and get one 2 weeks later I'll see how tempted I'm feeling.

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

My vote is keep making all LE's then do MM.
But I may have underlying reasons.

I have the same reasons for wanting that. I think it is probably impractical though. They said they were getting in parts for the second batch, so the MMr run is probably about how long it will take to prep the second batch for assembly.

#1075 6 years ago

Looks like the new MMR builds are coming off the line. I just received notice from CT that mine will be ready to ship out on Monday.

#1076 6 years ago

Wow! That is good news! Please post your thoughts once you receive your MMR.

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When you can just place an order and get one 2 weeks later I'll see how tempted I'm feeling.

If you want an SE you can do that now. Game Exchange gets them in and sends out the word and they ship 'em out. Not sure of current stock.

Classics are at the end of the line. I'm guessing after Christmas

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Looks like the new MMR builds are coming off the line. I just received notice from CT that mine will be ready to ship out on Monday.

That's odd because CGC said production started in September (no?)

#1079 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If you want an SE you can do that now. Game Exchange gets them in and sends out the word and they ship 'em out. Not sure of current stock.

Hrm, good to know. I'm not quite ready to sell my ACDC to fund it, but thanks for the heads up.

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

That's odd because CGC said production started in September (no?)

Correct. I wasn't expecting to hear anything for 3-4 weeks. Maybe they are ahead of schedule? Hopefully it isn't a previous run leftover. I should know what the story is on Monday.

#1081 6 years ago

I have AFMR SE in stock now and ready to ship. This is a great looking game and plays "smooth as butter" to quote one of my customers. Also I still have a few LE allocations left for the last run.

[email protected]

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Classics are at the end of the line. I'm guessing after Christmas

2 New In Box Left In Stock For SE's

LE's October ish for new orders

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

2 New In Box Left In Stock For SE's
LE's October ish for new orders

But I want my LE now.

Thanks for the Update JJ.

#1084 6 years ago

Will pricing change at all on the MMR being made in house by Chicago Gaming? I'm curious since for the same price as a MMR standard you can get an AFM LE with a topper and larger screen. I would prefer a MMR but at the same price as a AFM LE, AFM LE is a better value.

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Correct. I wasn't expecting to hear anything for 3-4 weeks. Maybe they are ahead of schedule? Hopefully it isn't a previous run leftover. I should know what the story is on Monday.

Appreciate any follow up you can provide! I would guess leftovers based on CGCs previous post and my distributors comments as well.

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Will pricing change at all on the MMR being made in house by Chicago Gaming? I'm curious since for the same price as a MMR standard you can get an AFM LE with a topper and larger screen. I would prefer a MMR but at the same price as a AFM LE, AFM LE is a better value.

They are selling out at existing prices and can't make them quickly enough. I think a price drop is unlikely.

#1087 6 years ago

For all the people waiting to receive their game, you won't be disappointed. It's amazing.
I bought an LE with black trim. I wish I had gotten the green trim. It's fantastic in person.
I have a friend that is keeping his beautiful clear coated original but even he agrees this game is gorgeous and that the topper is the best interactive topper he has ever seen. And by the way, the jumbo color dmd really helps get you immersed in the game.
Construction seems rock solid and even the packaging of the machine and topper was well thought out. This brand new AFMrLE kicks ass.
#777 over and out.

#1088 6 years ago

One more thing, the lighting is really really good. It's one of those machines that when the lights are completely out, you can still see every inch of the playfield. Just love it.

#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

can anyone confirm this as accurate im in australia and havnt heard this pricing

#1090 6 years ago

You are correct

Mmr is a harder and more costly game to manufacture and even more expensive in smaller numbers.

AFM is being made in larger qty's and have less complicated parts, mmr standard is the same price as afmle

#1091 6 years ago

MMR is great value in my view. Best machine i've had, no issues with it.

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

You are correct
Mmr is a harder and more costly game to manufacture and even more expensive in smaller numbers.
AFM is being made in larger qty's and have less complicated parts, mmr standard is the same price as afmle

That being the case if and or when MB is run what will the pricing be like

#1093 6 years ago

I would imagine MM levels or higher.... a lot of toys, and if they give it the AFMR treatment with real updates and a sweet topper.... sold!

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

That being the case if and or when MB is run what will the pricing be like

More expensive as its a licensed theme from universal studios

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Appreciate any follow up you can provide! I would guess leftovers based on CGCs previous post and my distributors comments as well.

Confirmed with Melissa@CT that my MMR is a new CGC build, not a Stern build leftover. From what I understand, a few MMRs have been (and continue to be?) built opportunistically when small AFMLE build delays open up availability on the line. Also, there was a comment about the sharp edges from previous builds and I took it to mean that issue has been addressed with the in house production. I have seen that question come up, so I thought it an interesting tidbit.

It is expected to ship out today or tomorrow with delivery by end of the week.

#1096 6 years ago

Thanks for following up Rob!

#1097 6 years ago

Just want to say that CGC customer service is amazing. Had an issue with a cabinet hinge, and they helped out right away. Even got a call directly from Doug.
#1 pinball company right now, in my opinion.

#1098 6 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements (authorized CG distributor) is expected to have some MMRs NIB (from CG factory of course at this point) in stock in September to ship to new customers... We have only 1 person in line at this point given we got a few of the last ones out of Stern factory a few months ago and took care of all of our pre-orders... If you want an MMR now is the time - minimal wait and I'll be getting a bunch out of this limited run they will be doing !

Email Joe at [email protected] and I'd be happy to take care of you ! : )

Joe

#1099 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

More expensive as its a licensed theme from universal studios

AFMr is the test that will prove the concept if MBr is doable. I think the demand for MBr is same or more than for AFMr. If they hit their sales goal, then adding in the license fee can be factored in.

Someone told me that all creature and monster bash parts are now in stock at bay area amusements. So hopefully thats a sign. If they license one, you figure they would do both or at least discuss it.

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

AFMr is the test that will prove the concept if MBr is doable. I think the demand for MBr is same or more than for AFMr. If they hit their sales goal, then adding in the license fee can be factored in.
Someone told me that all creature and monster bash parts are now in stock at bay area amusements. So hopefully thats a sign. If they license one, you figure they would do both or at least discuss it.

I'm a CGC fan for life now after owning my AFMr SE since July. The machine is incredible. I'm so thankful that they've chosen to reissue these classics with the upgraded tech. I have no regrets and I've had no issues with it after over 500 plays. I'm all-in on a MBr or a CCr (would have to be w/ completed code or I'd not consider it), but between the two I'd rather have a MBr.

I'm hoping that there are still a few MMr's available on this 'last run' by the end of winter. I'd love to add both to my collection eventually. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Lonsdale, MN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/22?hl=backyardace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.