pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 32.
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

As long as in the future no one plugs the connector in the wrong place or plugs it in backwards.
LTG : )

I agree, cut the pin so it is as designed. Safer

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Maybe it was an issue they weren't aware of until it was reported here and future games will be addressed?

Somehow, some games slipped through with the small topper board not having one connector pin removed. Small topper board connectors are labeled as are the connectors.

On the LE's, the topper that comes with it is tested on the game. They don't know how some got out there with the pin intact. They are taking steps to prevent it in the future.

#1003 6 years ago

Cut mine, didn't look back and did this today!

IMG_1042 (resized).JPGIMG_1042 (resized).JPG

#1004 6 years ago

I was at league on Sunday, and someone pointed at a pulsing insert on the playfield of an original, and said on the remake you couldn't see that the light was pulsing, that was his observation from Cal Extreme.

Anyone know what's up with that? Problem? Solved? A setting issue?

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Glad I got the SE and didn't have to re-wire anything. Maybe if they would have charged
$800 more for the LE they could have put the proper connectors and better instructions in there.
Just kidding. I feel your pain.

If this is the only issue I have to deal with my AFMr LE I will be very happy! At least we are not talking about splitting cabinets, lack of code & playfield ghosting.

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was at league on Sunday, and someone pointed at a pulsing insert on the playfield of an original, and said on the remake you couldn't see that the light was pulsing, that was his observation from Cal Extreme.

the "next" level of shot for all the shots pulsate. I can see it just fine on the remake

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

the "next" level of shot for all the shots pulsate. I can see it just fine on the remake

That's good, but I wonder what he was talking about then?

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's good, but I wonder what he was talking about then?

Too many beers?

#1009 6 years ago

Well I pulled the plug out and the topper works great, no issues. Thanks for all the help. Here is my unboxing from today.... Plays and sounds amazing and I love the topper!!!! It sits proudly next to MMr #600 and some other game(s).. Great job PPS & especially CGC!!!

20170808_100231 (resized).jpg20170808_100231 (resized).jpg
20170808_164341 (resized).jpg20170808_164341 (resized).jpg
20170808_164741 (resized).jpg20170808_164741 (resized).jpg
20170808_205812 (resized).jpg20170808_205812 (resized).jpg

#1010 6 years ago

BTW mine shipped with code 1.1. Is that the latest???

DSL

20170808_204539 (resized).jpg20170808_204539 (resized).jpg

#1011 6 years ago

Those games look great together. Congrats!

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

BTW mine shipped with code 1.1. Is that the latest???

DSL

You are in the Williams programming. It will always say 1.1.

Go into the CGC menu. Hold the escape button down five seconds or more and you go into the CGC menu. First screen has the software, most recent is 1.0.0

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Cut mine, didn't look back and did this today!

Great job. It really is a well built and solid feeling game.

#1014 6 years ago

I'm still confused by the comment that a certain number of MMRs are being built but they have distributor orders which far exceed this. I put a recent deposit down and was told by my distributor I'd have the game this year. Do distributors know the supply isn't equal to the orders? Or is it that many distributors hold extra inventory?

#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I noticed this also on the ones i played.....maybe a setting or something

#1016 6 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. Looks like I have the latest code.

DSL

20170809_004635 (resized).jpg20170809_004635 (resized).jpg

#1017 6 years ago

I so want my machine!!!!

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I so want my machine!!!!

So do we Neil.
Looking forward to your podcast interview.

#1019 6 years ago

I can't wait either, but, i think that i will dont have my AFMLE this year......

i need to wait for the MMRLE customers.....
i need to wait for the MMR fabrication....
i need to wait that arrive from Spain....

snif snif snif.

its not fair...

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Definately a setting. You can set how quickly the light responds. Out of the box is too slow and blinking doesn't look right like you noted. One notch faster and they look just like incandescents. 2 notches faster and they look like LEDs.

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The story I heard is they had leftover plungers from Vacation America that were labeled with the correct B/W part #, but were actually a tad longer. Sure enough when I replaced mine - I could see that the old ones were longer, which means the flipper won't flip as high as it should.
You may have the right ones, but if they feel "off", I bet you got the bad ones and it's worth the $13 gamble to try these IMO:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15848-L
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15848-R

This is a 100% true. I changed mine out as well when I had mine. Problem solved.

#1022 6 years ago

Nah, this is a long time player who I trust.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Can you reveal your beer level?

Quoted from spazzman90:

Definately a setting. You can set how quickly the light responds. Out of the box is too slow and blinking doesn't look right like you noted. One notch faster and they look just like incandescents. 2 notches faster and they look like LEDs.

Aha, the truth hopefully revealed! So you can set it, great. So when you say "just like incandescents" they're actually fading with PWM or something, not just a hard on/off?

I haven't had a chance to play one of these in person yet so I can see for myself.

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nah, this is a long time player who I trust.

Can you reveal your beer level?

Aha, the truth hopefully revealed! So you can set it, great. So when you say "just like incandescents" they're actually fading with PWM or something, not just a hard on/off?
I haven't had a chance to play one of these in person yet so I can see for myself.

That’s right. The period of the pulse is adjustable in the incandescent emulation setting. The default actually looks OK to me, but it’s great to have options.

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I see what you are talking about now. I went through and tried the 4 various levels and settled in on Medium. Default is Low but you are right they are not as obviously flashing as they are on Medium.

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, they are actually fading and look just like incandescents. Go the 2 notches if you prefer the hard on/off like LEDs. Nice to have options.....

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I see what you are talking about now. I went through and tried the 4 various levels and settled in on Medium. Default is Low but you are right they are not as obviously flashing as they are on Medium.

Cool, sounds like it's a non issue then, just maybe the default setting at CAX wasn't great.

Might sell my ACDC Prem to fund one of these some day, just not an early adopter rush kinda guy these days ...

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Might sell my ACDC Prem to fund one of these some day, just not an early adopter rush kinda guy these days ...

That's exactly what I did! Still waiting for the LE shipping info though...

#1028 6 years ago

I'm not sold on the big display until I see it in person. Definitely won't order until I've played one first.

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not sold on the big display until I see it in person. Definitely won't order until I've played one first.

It's awesome in person.

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You need to get out and play one. They play really good and as for the big display. Well I'm sure you know I'm a classic, keep it original type of person but was blown away with it. Keeps the classic feel but bigger. I like it better then the new Stern LCD screens.

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The new large display is fantastic. The high resolution color dots look beautiful on it!

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You need to get out and play one. They play really good and as for the big display. Well I'm sure you know I'm a classic, keep it original type of person but was blown away with it. Keeps the classic feel but bigger. I like it better then the new Stern LCD screens.

I'd like to, just haven't had a chance to make it to any shows. I'm not a purist, just want to judge in person. Crazy, I know, see and play a pin before buying it!

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I am in the extreme minority but I didn't think it added that much to the game. The animations look good but I usually don't see them while playing. I wasn't a fan of the score "dots"--they appear to be just giant versions of the MMr color upgrade. Either way, I don't look up enough to see most of it. I am in on a Classic.

Dots (resized).jpgDots (resized).jpg

Dots2 (resized).jpgDots2 (resized).jpg

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I am in the extreme minority but I didn't think it added that much to the game. The animations look good but I usually don't see them while playing. I wasn't a fan of the score "dots"--they appear to be just giant versions of the MMr color upgrade. Either way, I don't look up enough to see most of it. I am in on a Classic.

With 4x the dots available, they could have smoothed out the score display a bit, but I don't think that would have added anything to the game. the extra detail (and the time to redraw) is in the animations where it can have the most impact. The differences only enhance the images, but they are still the same style. I think smooth scoring would probably look wrong with the rest of the art.

#1035 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I think smooth scoring would probably look wrong with the rest of the art.

I agree 4.26 million percent. To my mind, the blocky scoring keeps it right where it needs to be aesthetically: an updated classic.

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Yea i love the upgraded graphics on the classic size screen also....

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I am in the extreme minority but I didn't think it added that much to the game.

I don't care for the look of the speakers on the big screen version, and I don't need either powder coat option either, but I do want the colored dots. We'll see. I love AFM and the remake is tempting, but the 'upgrades' don't do anything for me, couldn't care less about the topper either.

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love AFM and the remake is tempting, but the 'upgrades' don't do anything for me, couldn't care less about the topper either.

Sounds like the classic version would be the one for you to get. You still get brand new everything, but without all the upgrades.

#1039 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't care for the look of the speakers on the big screen version, and I don't need either powder coat option either, but I do want the colored dots. We'll see. I love AFM and the remake is tempting, but the 'upgrades' don't do anything for me, couldn't care less about the topper either.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Sounds like the classic version would be the one for you to get. You still get brand new everything, but without all the upgrades.

A classic afmr with color will still be around 7200 shipped. I found a beautiful unfaded original with lots of upgrades for alot less. So depending on what u want there are lots of options.... good luck its a great game.

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A classic afmr with color will still be around 7200 shipped. I found a beautiful unfaded original with lots of upgrades for alot less. So depending on what u want there are lots of options.... good luck its a great game.

Very true. I was assuming that he was particularly interested in the remake or he would have already picked up an original by now.

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yeah but after you pay for the color upgrade it feels like a rip off. I guess the tiers are designed that way.

Remake vs original is whatever, but the original holds no special value to me where I'm going to pay what a new version would cost me.

I'm just like AFM and I haven't owned one yet.

#1042 6 years ago

I love the AFM LE and all it has to offer... Green trim please! Can not wait for it to be here!!!

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah but after you pay for the color upgrade it feels like a rip off. I guess the tiers are designed that way.
Remake vs original is whatever, but the original holds no special value to me where I'm going to pay what a new version would cost me.
I'm just like AFM and I haven't owned one yet.

I was meh on this game when I first saw it at Texas. But I was comparing to my restored original and looking for which elements of the original they changed for the remake - No cutouts on the translite, no Bally logo anywhere on the art, Large in your face colour screen, LED's that didn't look like the original.

Ive since sold my original and miss it. Then I realised that if you stop trying to compare the game to the original, and just see it as a modern update of a great game, the remake is really well done. The upgrades are real, and the bits you miss from the original are just things that appeal to old school collectors - theyre not improvements to the gameplay experience. The way I see it, people looking for a "new" original will never be happy anyway. After this change of mindset, ive ordered an LE.

FWIW, this is where my disappointed SWLE money went.

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I was meh on this game when I first saw it at Texas. But I was comparing to my restored original and looking for which elements of the original they changed for the remake - No cutouts on the translite, no Bally logo anywhere on the art, Large in your face colour screen, LED's that didn't look like the original.
Ive since sold my original and miss it. Then I realised that if you stop trying to compare the game to the original, and just see it as a modern update of a great game, the remake is really well done. The upgrades are real, and the bits you miss from the original are just things that appeal to old school collectors - theyre not improvements to the gameplay experience. The way I see it, people looking for a "new" original will never be happy anyway. After this change of mindset, ive ordered an LE.
FWIW, this is where my disappointed SWLE money went.

I think this is where my SW money will be going also

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I love the AFM LE and all it has to offer... Green trim please! Can not wait for it to be here!!!

Mine ships Monday...hooray!!!

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I received a call a few hours ago saying mine is shipping from CGC on Monday as well! Mine is a green trim, non-matching LE. This is great news for those with a non-matching serial numbers. The end is near!

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Same here!

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I received a call a few hours ago saying mine is shipping from CGC on Monday as well! Mine is a green trim, non-matching LE. This is great news for those with a non-matching serial numbers. The end is near!

Congrats!!!...end of wait, beginning of fun!!!

#1049 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great news!

#1050 6 years ago

Hooray for the Monday shipments! I'm also one of them.

Please post when you get a tracking notice, and let us know if you got the notice from CGI or your distributor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 209.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/21?hl=dsl_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.