pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 32.
#951 6 years ago

#168 is now in the house. Now to get it up 17 stairs.

IMG_1972 (resized).JPGIMG_1972 (resized).JPG

#952 6 years ago

Number matching LE yesterday. Awesome machine. Fantastic quality. Only thing I did was dial the flipper strength back a few notches. Balls were like lasers. Is there a way to adjust right eject strength?

#953 6 years ago

Are LEs still readily available?

#954 6 years ago

I've got a number matching green on order and I haven't been asked for balance payment yet.

#955 6 years ago

i had to pay for my number matched LE couple of weeks ago, but I have to wait for the other AFMr's to be made as they are all shipped in a container to the UK!!!! these unboxing pics are driving me nuts

#956 6 years ago

I have been to 3 different Wallmarts and there were none on the shelves. Can you believe it? AFMRLE are so hard to find.

#957 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I have been to 3 different Wallmarts and there were none on the shelves. Can you believe it? AFMRLE are so hard to find.

Only available at Targèt.

#958 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I heard they were selling them at Service Merchandise. Lol!

#959 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I heard they were selling them at Service Merchandise. Lol!

That's even better. No cart needed they just send it out on the large roller system.

#960 6 years ago

I know that Doug was indicated the LEs would ship with the newest firmware with the strobe multiball and diverter settings. I don't see those settings in my CGC menu. Has anyone used them or is the update needed?

#961 6 years ago

Hello Everyone:

A lot is happening at Chicago Gaming. We are very busy, but also very pleased to see all of the positive comments on Pinside.

1. All of the North American Serial Number Matching Program Games are now all packed and final ones should be shipping out of CGC the early part of next week. For our export dealers, we are timing most of their production with MMR’s that will soon follow so to consolidate containers.
2. Starting on Monday, we start boxing the non-SNMP LE games. The real bottleneck for us has been final inspection and packaging…the pains of production. We simply do not want to take any shortcuts with over 60 games already built and awaiting packing as well as our daily production coming off the line. It won’t be long before we have worked through the bottleneck.
3. We are anticipating being done with the nearly first 500 AFMR games by the end of August. By the very beginning of September, we will turn production on to the very first CGC assembled MMR’s. Our plan is still to produce only about 250 MMR’s. This will be the only run on MMR for 2017. We have orders for well beyond this number from our dealers, but will release them proportionally.
4. The work cells have already begun the production of MMR subassemblies. We are anticipating being in production starting the first week of September. We plan to be in MMR production for less than four weeks and then will immediately return to AFMR. Subassembly production on the second run of AFMR will begin in mid-September.
5. Let me try to settle some myths: a) the MMR Standard Edition will remain exactly as we have produced it to date. In other words, it will not include the large display. b)We are working on an option to upgrade anyone’s current game. c) It is not as simply as changing out the display panel….let me save you a bunch of time and effort. d) There are no current plans for another model. More on this to come in the future.
6. If for some reason you should have a service concern about your game, please simply open a ticket on the chicago-gaming.com website. I am sure that many of you will confirm that both Lloyd Olson and I are quick to resolve any open tickets.

Regards,

Doug Skor

#962 6 years ago

Doug, thanks for the update. It has been a real blast watching these roll out. Cannot wait to get mine!

#963 6 years ago

Doug - thanks for the update!

#964 6 years ago

Excellent news Thanks Doug!

#965 6 years ago

Great communication as always. Thank you Doug!

#966 6 years ago

Am I missing anything on top of this post?

20170805_193801 (resized).jpg20170805_193801 (resized).jpg

#967 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Am I missing anything on top of this post?

No. It's to prevent balls getting stuck in that area. From the VUK or flippers.

LTG : )

#968 6 years ago

Just set up my AFMr #11.

I just inspected the SOL protector and it is be low the playfield level. Is this good?
Also major scuff in the very front of the big saucer!

20170805_175150 (resized).jpg20170805_175150 (resized).jpg

20170805_175422 (resized).jpg20170805_175422 (resized).jpg

#969 6 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Just set up my AFMr #11.
I just inspected the SOL protector and it is be low the playfield level. Is this good?
Also major scuff in the very front of the big saucer!

That protector is way too low.
Open a ticket and get it resolved, I think there are replacement protectors that fit correctly.
Maybe put a piece of mylar over the area in the meantime to prevent damage?

#970 6 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

I know that Doug was indicated the LEs would ship with the newest firmware with the strobe multiball and diverter settings. I don't see those settings in my CGC menu. Has anyone used them or is the update needed?

If anyone else has this question, at least the answer for me was no, it did not ship with the latest firmware. Finally got the firmware downloaded, extracted (not a windows supported .zip file. It's .7z, so you will need winzip or similar.) and intalled. It adds the 2 adjustments for the diverter and strobe.

IMG_1991 (resized).JPGIMG_1991 (resized).JPG
IMG_1992 (resized).JPGIMG_1992 (resized).JPG

#971 6 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

If anyone else has this question, at least the answer for me was no, it did not ship with the latest firmware. Finally got the firmware downloaded, extracted (not a windows supported .zip file. It's .7z, so you will need winzip or similar.) and intalled. It adds the 2 adjustments for the diverter and strobe.

Thanks for posting. I just unboxed my AFMr #11 and It was the old code. I thought they said all games going out would be updated code.

#972 6 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thanks for posting. I just unboxed my AFMr #11 and It was the old code. I thought they said all games going out would be updated code.

They did. Not a huge deal. Just good to know to do the update. The file format took me a few minutes to work through.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Hello:

2. For those of you that have already received an AFMr SE, we have posted a new firmware link on our website: http://chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php. As mentioned in an earlier post, this provides the owner with settings for both the diverter and the strobe. The high setting is very powerful on the strobe and I suggest that you try all four settings to see what works best for you. I look forward in hearing some response from those that load the new firmware on their games. All LE’s will be shipped with this new firmware already loaded.
Doug Skor

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I guess it depends when it was built. I also had Beta 4. Quick upgrade and I’m up to date. I love that the blackout mod for Strobe MB is in there!

#974 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

That protector is way too low.
Open a ticket and get it resolved, I think there are replacement protectors that fit correctly.
Maybe put a piece of mylar over the area in the meantime to prevent damage?

Ive been out of the loop for a while now, but I remember somebody selling a removable peel and stick mylar. Does anyone know who makes it? thanks.

#975 6 years ago

Thanks for the update Doug.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

3. We are anticipating being done with the nearly first 500 AFMR games by the end of August. By the very beginning of September, we will turn production on to the very first CGC assembled MMR’s. Our plan is still to produce only about 250 MMR’s. This will be the only run on MMR for 2017. We have orders for well beyond this number from our dealers, but will release them proportionally.

As one who recently put a deposit on MMR, does this mean my order may not make the 2017 build window? I was told that it would be shipped in 4-6 weeks, but your update makes it sound like the upcoming run is oversold.

On a related note, do you have an idea when MMR production will cease?

#976 6 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

Ive been out of the loop for a while now, but I remember somebody selling a removable peel and stick mylar. Does anyone know who makes it? thanks.

You need transparent adhesive vinyl sheet. Works like a charm.

#977 6 years ago

Mr. Doug Skor;
Thank you for updating the community and continuously providing this industry with great products and exemplary customer service. I will ask of you for only one thing publicly. Because an overwhelming amount of people are dying to know. What is the time line on the MMR display update kit? Ballpark what will the price point be? I think these amazing games MMR and AFMR will look beautiful together with matching displays. I know this kit has alot of people interested in purchasing as soon as it is available. Can you please put in place a waiting / pre order list so we can be guaranteed a kit and you can determine how many kits would need to be produced for your initial run? Please let us know. We are eagerly awaiting your response.

Thank you
Amusement Services of America

Screenshot_20170806-081325 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170806-081325 (resized).jpg

#978 6 years ago

Make the display upgrade for MMr and I will buy one as soon as it's available. As i'm sure MANY MANY others will as well.

I already have the HD upgrade, bigger display? I'm in!

Great update and communication from CGC again as always. Just hope i'm in the first 500 batch!

#979 6 years ago

I just ran into my first major issue with CGC and its a big one. There's still no tracking number in my inbox! An empty spot in the gameroom and no AFMLE sitting there.

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I just ran into my first major issue with CGC and its a big one. There's still no tracking number in my inbox! An empty spot in the gameroom and no AFMLE sitting there.

How odd! I have the same exact issue.

#981 6 years ago

Already anxious for the next MMR run here. And now display upgrade possibilities?? DIES.

#982 6 years ago

I think it's fantastic they are making them in house and they seem to be streaming off the line pretty good now. I bet ya'll will see them soon. It's worth the wait!

#983 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

How odd! I have the same exact issue.

Hey, wait a minute here.
I have the same problem.
Get the pitchforks.

#984 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I feel my MMR flippers have a slight delay/ soft feel to them, like 1/10 of a second....it's weird. AFMR's are nice and snappy like Stern or JJP flippers. Stern had quality issues when they early in the release. I just noticed on my Merlin plastic, I was missing a nut....just stupid things like that makes a difference.

Your MMR might have been made with the wrong size flipper plunger. Many of them shipped with plungers that were 1/8 longer than they should be - and that caused a lot of the "this feels off" comments. Get some new plungers and swap out your old ones. I did this, and it has that proper snappy stock feeling.

#985 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Your MMR might have been made with the wrong size flipper plunger. Many of them shipped with plungers that were 1/8 longer than they should be - and that caused a lot of the "this feels off" comments. Get some new plungers and swap out your old ones. I did this, and it has that proper snappy stock feeling.

Do you has a link on which one I should get to replace? Thanks Rarehero!!

#986 6 years ago

I wonder if the MMR built by CGC will be the same price as when made by STERN? Also, how do you confirm you are getting a CGC made MMR?

#987 6 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

I wonder if the MMR built by CGC will be the same price as when made by STERN? Also, how do you confirm you are getting a CGC made MMR?

Anything purchased in this upcoming run of 250 MMr will be CGC manufactured.

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Do you has a link on which one I should get to replace? Thanks Rarehero!!

The story I heard is they had leftover plungers from Vacation America that were labeled with the correct B/W part #, but were actually a tad longer. Sure enough when I replaced mine - I could see that the old ones were longer, which means the flipper won't flip as high as it should.

You may have the right ones, but if they feel "off", I bet you got the bad ones and it's worth the $13 gamble to try these IMO:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15848-L
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15848-R

#990 6 years ago

Well if it makes anyone feel better, I got contacted by Fed Ex yesterday and had #600 delivered this morning before I got the email from PPS with tracking info. The email with the tracking info came about about 30 min after delivery. Can't wait to get home form work and unbox!!!

DSL

#991 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

The email with the tracking info came about about 30 min after delivery.

Fed Ex must have one of them flux capacitor dohickeys.

#992 6 years ago

Can someone with knowledge of the topper please help me? I connected all the wires to where the labels matched but the last one labeled "Inputs" has a 4 pin molex with 2 wires and a plug in one of the connections. What I think it the corresponding connector has 4 pins. Should I pull out the plug so I can plug in the molex into the Input on the topper board labelled inputs?

Thanks for helping, I really am dying to power it on...

connector (resized).jpgconnector (resized).jpg

plug (resized).jpgplug (resized).jpg

#993 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Can someone with knowledge of the topper please help me? I connected all the wires to where the labels matched but the last one labeled "Inputs" has a 4 pin molex with 2 wires and a plug in one of the connections. What I think it the corresponding connector has 4 pins. Should I pull out the plug so I can plug in the molex into the Input on the topper board labelled inputs?
Thanks for helping, I really am dying to power it on...

I had the same issue, I sniped the pin off. Be careful you are sniping the correct one and make sure you have a good grip so you don't lose it in the board below.

#994 6 years ago

Wouldn't it be safer to just pull the plug out of the molex or is is stuck/glued in there??

#995 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Wouldn't it be safer to just pull the plug out of the molex or is is stuck/glued in there??

I couldn't figure out how to get it out, I posted too and got replies. It's happened to a few people and the common recommendation is to cut the pin, so thats what I did. Check the unboxing and owner threads, there is some more discussion of this issue there.

#996 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

I pulled the plug. For me, it came out with no resistance. I figured that the connector would engage better than cutting the pin since the plug and what's left from the pin would cause the connector to "stand away".

#997 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Wouldn't it be safer to just pull the plug out of the molex

As long as in the future no one plugs the connector in the wrong place or plugs it in backwards.

#998 6 years ago

Glad I got the SE and didn't have to re-wire anything. Maybe if they would have charged
$800 more for the LE they could have put the proper connectors and better instructions in there.
Just kidding. I feel your pain.

#999 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Glad I got the SE and didn't have to re-wire anything. Maybe if they would have charged
$800 more for the LE they could have put the proper connectors and better instructions in there.
Just kidding. I feel your pain.

Maybe it was an issue they weren't aware of until it was reported here and future games will be addressed?

#1000 6 years ago

Shit happens, no big deal, I'm sure future ones will be correct.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement
Other
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 26.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/20?hl=cgc_dougs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.