pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 32.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Matching S/N or not?

Mine is matching

#752 6 years ago

Hello:

1. There has been a slight delay in shipping LE’s. Doug Duba did not like the metal printed medallions that have the serial numbers printed on them. He is making the supplier redo the entire 1,000 piece lot. I am hoping these medallions will arrive here within a couple of days. It has to be right or we simply are not going to ship it.
2. For those of you that have already received an AFMr SE, we have posted a new firmware link on our website: http://chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php. As mentioned in an earlier post, this provides the owner with settings for both the diverter and the strobe. The high setting is very powerful on the strobe and I suggest that you try all four settings to see what works best for you. I look forward in hearing some response from those that load the new firmware on their games. All LE’s will be shipped with this new firmware already loaded.

Doug Skor

#753 6 years ago

Ack ack ack, ack!

/Translated - "Say it ain't so!"

LyJHseq.gifLyJHseq.gif

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Doug Duba did not like the metal printed medallions that have the serial numbers printed on them. He is making the supplier redo the entire 1,000 piece lot. I am hoping these medallions will arrive here within a couple of days.

At this point, I'll take a used bottle cap with a number written on it in crayon.

#755 6 years ago

Good to have an update. Such a great experience so far. I'm more than happy to wait a couple extra days for finely polished perfection....

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

At this point, I'll take a used bottle cap with a number written on it in crayon.

LoL that's silly. I'm more than happy to wait until they get them right.

#757 6 years ago

I don't even need that. The only reasons I went LE are the mini saucer LEDs and the green trim. The delays are for stuff I really don't care about. If they sell these after the fact for SE owners, I will have made a big mistake.

#758 6 years ago

Sharp edges on the LE plaque?

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

The delays are for stuff I really don't care about. If they sell these after the fact for SE owners, I will have made a big mistake.

Agreed 100%.

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I don't even need that. The only reasons I went LE are the mini saucer LEDs and the green trim. The delays are for stuff I really don't care about. If they sell these after the fact for SE owners, I will have made a big mistake.

Here's where I stand on this. I really don't mind them selling LE features for premium\SE games as add-ons, the problem I have is when this is done after orders and payments have been taken for LEs. This all needs to be communicated in the very beginning, so that everyone has a chance to make the best decision possible on what model they would like based on what's offered. Otherwise I would likely refrain from purchasing the LE in the future with the assumption that I could "ala carte" the SE later with LE features and save a few bucks. I also purchased the LE specifically for the mini saucer lights. The other parts of the LE was simply icing for me personally.

Obviously - CGC has made no mention to doing this, so is all just discussion at this point.

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I would likely refrain from purchasing the LE in the future with the assumption that I could "ala carte" the SE later with LE features and save a few bucks.

Yup, same here. I was appalled to have bought a black MMR LE (one of only about 200 or so that exist) only to see PPS selling black rails, black legs, and black lock bars for MMR right after the SE started shipping. Since the ability to get gold or black was literally the only difference between the LE and SE (save for the color discount), I thought it was a slap in the face. Bummer it could happen on a larger scale with AFMR.

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Yup, same here. I was appalled to have bought a black MMR LE (one of only about 200 or so that exist) only to see PPS selling black rails, black legs, and black lock bars for MMR right after the SE started shipping. Since the ability to get gold or black was literally the only difference between the LE and SE, I thought it was a slap in the face. Bummer it's happening on a larger scale with AFMR.

We don't know if it will happen yet. The green trim, mini saucer LEDs, and the topper are exclusive to the LE for now. As long as they stay exclusive, everything is good. My point was that I could have been playing an SE for a month now instead of waiting for the LE exclusive features. If they do sell those exclusive features later, I wasted a lot of time not playing a game while waiting for the only way to get those features.

If delays are in the few week range, I can live with that. When they go into months or longer, then I start thinking about the next pin to buy, or go buy something non pinball related.

#763 6 years ago

Agree,

Sorry to come off as a prick, but it will affect how we percueve these machines if they "stern shop" these features after the release...

Anyhow, more options is great for everyone. I applaud them for releasing them properly. Clearly they are made, just being QC'd which is what we all want

#764 6 years ago

I have never been good at waiting so I will ask nicely. Please hurry up. I know it will be worth the wait. Doug Skor you are a good man. I forgive you for keeping me in suspense. At least I know there is a company that wants me to get what I paid for. That's kind of nice for a change.

#765 6 years ago

Hopefully production of LEs is continuing as we are waiting for the medallions to be remade. I'm waiting on a non-serial number matching LE

#766 6 years ago

Decal splitting:

Is it possible to not wrap the decals around the edges? Im sure there is a reason to do this but it seems to me that this is leading into a problem area.

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Hopefully production of LEs is continuing as we are waiting for the medallions to be remade. I'm waiting on a non-serial number matching LE

Don't all the LEs have a number?

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

Don't all the LEs have a number?

Yes, but f you have a MMRle you can request a number that matches it.

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

2. For those of you that have already received an AFMr SE, we have posted a new firmware link on our website: http://chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php. As mentioned in an earlier post, this provides the owner with settings for both the diverter and the strobe. The high setting is very powerful on the strobe and I suggest that you try all four settings to see what works best for you. I look forward in hearing some response from those that load the new firmware on their games. All LE’s will be shipped with this new firmware already loaded.
Doug Skor

Hey folks -- this is so exciting! Has anyone with an SE had a chance to update and try out the new brighter strobe? Does it help?

Marc

#770 6 years ago

Doh! Stopped by Logan Arcade while I am in Chicago to get my AFMr fix while I wait for mine, but fudge it's outta order :-/ waaaaaaa

IMG_0962 (resized).JPGIMG_0962 (resized).JPG

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Doh! Stopped by Logan Arcade while I am in Chicago to get my AFMr fix while I wait for mine, but fudge it's outta order :-/ waaaaaaa

Glad it comes with a 2 year warranty

#772 6 years ago

Glad it comes with a 2 year warranty

It's probably some little thing, like a loose screw, and they are loosing all this money I'd be pumping into it. It's sad, a lot of the machines here at Logan Arcade are in bad shape. Batman 66 is down, Metallica is down, Game of Thrones is down. One of the scoleri brothers in ghostbusters is broken. TWD has a jammed ball and is down. The drawbridge in MMr doesnt work. Idk seems like every machine has one or more issue and most are easy fixes. I used to love this place cause all their machines worked, they must have lost their tech or something. Sad

#773 6 years ago

They need to lift the front legs on that AFM a little higher.

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Since the ability to get gold or black was literally the only difference between the LE and SE (save for the color discount), I thought it was a slap in the face.

MMR LIMITED EDITION (LE)
Includes Shaker Motor
Gold or Black or Silver Trim
Game # & Plaque
Finished Backbox Edges
Plywood Bottom (stronger more solid)

STANDARD (STD)
Shaker Motor at optional Cost
Silver Trim
No Game # or Plaque
Unfinished (as original) backbox Edges
Original MDF Bottom

#775 6 years ago

Not sure why that was down-voted.
While the other enhancements are pretty minor, they are differences. Why down-vote a factual post? No pro or con value was attached to those features by the poster...

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

MMR LIMITED EDITION (LE)
Includes Shaker Motor
Gold or Black or Silver Trim
Game # & Plaque
Finished Backbox Edges
Plywood Bottom (stronger more solid)
STANDARD (STD)
Shaker Motor at optional Cost
Silver Trim
No Game # or Plaque
Unfinished (as original) backbox Edges
Original MDF Bottom

The plywood vs mdf bottom wasn't true... my MMr has plywood (non-LE)

It was trim and plaque and inclusion of shaker... not sure on the backbox trim thing...

#777 6 years ago

First bundle of LE's shipping today. Building up steam. I'll let the photos speak for the remainder of this update.

Thank you,

Doug Skor

2017-07-27 13.23.38 (resized).jpg2017-07-27 13.23.38 (resized).jpg

2017-07-27 13.24.57 (resized).jpg2017-07-27 13.24.57 (resized).jpg

2017-07-27 13.26.51 (resized).jpg2017-07-27 13.26.51 (resized).jpg

2017-07-27 13.26.56 (resized).jpg2017-07-27 13.26.56 (resized).jpg

#778 6 years ago

Yes!

#779 6 years ago

Awesome CGC! Looking forward to receiving ours.

#780 6 years ago

Great news. Thanks again for the repeated updates.

#781 6 years ago

Awesome news!!!

#782 6 years ago

Wow, great looking team! Awsome!

#783 6 years ago

I like the topper being strapped to the top of each shipment like in the photo. It makes it hard to stack anything on top of the pins while in transit.

365da58230fd28a37c032a08166a9e9e4e42fb59 (resized).jpg365da58230fd28a37c032a08166a9e9e4e42fb59 (resized).jpg

#784 6 years ago

Man, sure wish i could just drive down and grab one! I'm only a couple hours away...

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Man, sure wish i could just drive down and grab one! I'm only a couple hours away...

I can't wait to get the request for final payment. Really, I probably won't get much work, or anything else, done until then. I am so bad at waiting for toys. lol

#786 6 years ago

Can't wait to receive Rick's notification on delivery schedule !

#787 6 years ago

I hope one of those 5 is mine! Not enough resolution to zoom in on the serial numbers :-/

#788 6 years ago

Are the toppers packed into a wooden crate?

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Are the toppers packed into a wooden crate?

Appears so

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I hope one of those 5 is mine! Not enough resolution to zoom in on the serial numbers :-/

They put a short video and some pics on fb, and it looks like there are a lot more than 5 sitting on the dock.

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

They put a short video and some pics on fb, and it looks like there are a lot more than 5 sitting on the dock.

SWEET!!!!

#792 6 years ago

I haven't gotten my email yet for the balance on mine so none of those in the pic would be mine. I'll probably be late in the 2nd batch since mine isn't matching a MMr le

#793 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Wasn't green trim supposed to be exclusive to LE? Or did they powder coat it aftermarket?

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wasn't green trim supposed to be exclusive to LE?

Yes. This game might be an early sample and not a production game.

LTG : )

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. This game might be an early sample and not a production game.
LTG : )

Was thinking something like that given they got it so early.

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wasn't green trim supposed to be exclusive to LE? Or did they powder coat it aftermarket?

That particular machine is a prototype test machine, CGC and Stern frequently use local businesses to place machines for testing. It was pretty much an LE, think it was just missing a topper. At any rate it doesn't have an LE medallion and isn't part of the 1000 official production LE's. There might be some other differences with it from a production machine, think the backboard is different than the production version, might be some other variations as well. It's been at Logan for a few months now.

#797 6 years ago

Getting really excited!

#798 6 years ago

Edit: it was a misunderstanding as these things tend to be. Distro reached out this morning. All is solved.

Thanks Doug for reaching out as well!

Deleting my post text.

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Nope, I wire transferred the $ two weeks ago and then my distro stopped returning my emails. I don't know what's going on...

They must not want return business.

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Nope, I wire transferred the $ two weeks ago and then my distro stopped returning my emails. I don't know what's going on...

Its always a little unnerving when a company (or person) goes dark on you after they have all your cash. I would be finding a new distro to use for future purchases. Life is too short to deal with that sort of BS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 209.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/16?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.