pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 32.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

if you haven't done so = open a ticket with CGC.

I just opened a ticket with CGC, and sent them a couple pictures.

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I just opened a ticket with CGC, and sent them a couple pictures.

Your ticket alerted to me. I updated it to Doug Skor at CGC.

Thank you.
LTG : )

#703 6 years ago

I also opened up a support ticket for my game issue.

Thank You for all of your help.

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I also opened up a support ticket for my game issue.

It alerted to me and I updated it to Doug Skor at CGC.

Thank you,

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It alerted to me and I updated it to Doug Skor at CGC.

Does this count as CGC responding on this forum? I'm trying to keep score for a concerned party

#706 6 years ago

I just received my MMR 2 weeks ago and I'm having a split on the left front hand side as well. It's very small atm and will watch it. Mine is number 1887 build date of June 13th.

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Does this count as CGC responding on this forum?

I do tech support for them, so I would think yes.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm trying to keep score for a concerned party

Please don't. He's a good man.

#708 6 years ago

A man that does tech support for both JJP and CGC, first responder on many pinside malfunctions, and running his own business at the same time, is a man at the top of the game. And a top man in my book.

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A man that does tech support for both JJP and CGC, first responder on many pinside malfunctions, and running his own business at the same time, is a man at the top of the game. And a top man in my book.

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

We hope that everyone had a great holiday.
• Because we completed the 150th AFMR SE last Friday, we allowed our staff to enjoy a four day holiday weekend. Today, we started assembling Limited Edition games. These first LE games will be the Serial Number Matching Program machines. I do not anticipate us shipping any LE’s for about another 10 days because we are still awaiting a couple of parts for the topper. Games will be thoroughly tested with the topper prior to final approval and packing.

Thank you for your patience and feedback.
More to come!
Doug Skor

Have any of the LEs shipped?

#711 6 years ago

Things are progressing forward nicely. While we might be slightly behind, there are some very good reasons.

1. By the end of today, there should be nearly 80 plus AFMR LE’s pre-assembled.
2. The first phase of topper assembly has started.
3. The games already completed still need to go through final testing, number assignment, and trim application, but this will not happen until toppers are ready to be matched up to the game and the new firmware version is signed off by the engineers.
4. We are still anticipating LE’s to start shipping THIS week.
5. Final testing is being completed on V1.0.0 on the firmware (all first run SE’s games were shipped with V1.0.Beta). This is going to add two improvements to the firmware: a) It is going to provide for four different strength settings on the ramp diverter. b) allow the owner to have four different settings on the strobe lamp. For those of you that were concerned about the brightness, that subject will be closed. Set it at your own risk.
6. Shortly after we have final approval, we will also post the update on our website so that early SE owners can download and update their games.

I know everyone wants there games now, however, that is simply is not possible. We are going to ship in most orderly fashion and we appreciate everyone’s patience in advance. Keep in mind that do not have a window in to our dealers orders or shipping priorities. We release machines to our dealers and they send us shipping arrangements.

More to come.

Doug Skor

2017-07-17 12.32.28 (resized).jpg2017-07-17 12.32.28 (resized).jpg

2017-07-17 12.42.48 (resized).jpg2017-07-17 12.42.48 (resized).jpg

#712 6 years ago

Very good news indeed!
It's refreshing to see things going relatively smoothly compared to some of the other manufacturer's releases.....

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

I know everyone wants there games now, however, that is simply is not possible. We are going to ship in most orderly fashion and we appreciate everyone’s patience in advance. Keep in mind that do not have a window in to our dealers orders or shipping priorities. We release machines to our dealers and they send us shipping arrangements.

Thanks for the update as always.
Feel free to take your time getting mine if it means getting it perfect. I'm a little concerned as others are regarding the cabinet splitting issues that have surfaced over the past few days. I'm sure you are working on this now with the open tickets, but was surprised there was no mention in the update. I would rather it be corrected in the factory then at my home.

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Thanks for the update as always.
Feel free to take your time getting mine if it means getting it perfect. I'm a little concerned as others are regarding the cabinet splitting issues that have surfaced over the past few days. I'm sure you are working on this now with the open tickets, but was surprised there was no mention in the update. I would rather it be corrected in the factory then at my home.

That HUGE stack of assembled LE's brought happy tears to my eyes, beautiful.

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That HUGE stack of assembled LE's brought happy tears to my eyes, beautiful.

Yes indeed. So did this bit of news.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

allow the owner to have four different settings on the strobe lamp. For those of you that were concerned about the brightness, that subject will be closed. Set it at your own risk.

#716 6 years ago

I'm so excited to sew my LE in that picture... It's like a baby nursery, all pinball machines look the same.

#717 6 years ago

oh that pic of all the AFMr's waiting for their owners... brings tears to my eyes!

#718 6 years ago

Doug-

I dont want a cabinet that splits easily. Can you hold on to mine or build it later when this issue is fixed?

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Doug-
I dont want a cabinet that splits easily. Can you hold on to mine or build it later when this issue is fixed?

I've had my MMR LE for over a year. Many many plays and my cab still looks great.

#720 6 years ago

For what it's worth I had a nice conversation with Doug, who called me this afternoon after I opened a ticket earlier this morning.

He assured me the cabinets are not splitting. The isolated decal issues are due to the stretching of some of the decals as they were wrapped. I feel no signs of raised wood behind the VERY mild decal splits my AFMr SE has, which are only noticeable if you're 2 inches away with a camera and flash.

These guys stand by the quality of their products 100%, and I was more than satisfied with their response when I asked what happens should the cabinet start falling apart a couple years down the line or the decal gets progressively worse.

My AFMr played perfect out of the box, and continues to do so. Not a single adjustment was needed.

I think everybody should relax, and enjoy your LE's which will hopefully be getting to you very soon!

Oh, and *ahem* CGC, if you're reading this, I think it would be a REALLY cool idea to eventually release a mini-saucer upgrade kit to purchase for us humble SE and Classic owners

#721 6 years ago

I dont want a cabinet that splits easily.

Please read GorillaBiscuits post above.

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

For what it's worth I had a nice conversation with Doug, who called me this afternoon after I opened a ticket earlier this morning.
He assured me the cabinets are not splitting. The isolated decal issues are due to the stretching of some of the decals as they were wrapped. I feel no signs of raised wood behind the VERY mild decal splits my AFMr SE has, which are only noticeable if you're 2 inches away with a camera and flash.
These guys stand by the quality of their products 100%, and I was more than satisfied with their response when I asked what happens should the cabinet start falling apart a couple years down the line or the decal gets progressively worse.
My AFMr played perfect out of the box, and continues to do so. Not a single adjustment was needed.
I think everybody should relax, and enjoy your LE's which will hopefully be getting to you very soon!
Oh, and *ahem* CGC, if you're reading this, I think it would be a REALLY cool idea to eventually release a mini-saucer upgrade kit to purchase for us humble SE and Classic owners

Glad they addressed your concern, I for one can't stop staring at that stack of LE's wondering which one is mine :-p

#723 6 years ago

You should have picked up an LE man, its not like they are sold out.

I agree though. The mini saucers are badass and the main thing that pulled me into the purchase of an LE.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You should have picked up an LE man, its not like they are sold out.

I'm a fan of the stainless trim. Wasn't in love with topper, and I wanted the bad ass lit up side blades so I'd remove the mirrors. In the end not worth the extra $700 to me, but totally worth it if you like all that stuff!

Also, I've been playing the living hell out of it the past three weeks

#725 6 years ago

Wasn't in love with topper

I'll bet you could've sold that topper for a couple hundred without too many problems, but still, you would have been in for $500 for the mini saucer light effects. Kinda mucho

#726 6 years ago

If anyone wants to sell their topper please PM me.

#727 6 years ago

Doug, thanks for the update and pictures.

Umm, that's a lot of GREEN hardware there. I hope there are as many BLACK AFMr machines sitting and ready to roll!

#728 6 years ago

Thank you so much for the info. I feel a lot better about this now.

#729 6 years ago

I would like to inform the community of my current situation. There was a mark on both sides of my new MMR. I snapped a few pictures and posted to this forum. Moments later I was advised to file a support ticket with Chicago Gaming Company. You would assume that a open ticket to a company this size would go without notice for a while. That was so far from the truth. I was sent a return email within minutes of my file and the very next day I was bombarded with support from several representatives. Doug Skor the VP of the company also reached out to me personally. This guy is a true professional! The passion and respect he has for this industry is amazing. Needless to say my problem has been addressed. After careful inspection of the cabinet we noticed there was NO structural instability. This cabinet is overbuilt if you ask any of my veteran game technicians. The problem was in the decal simple overstretching. If you look at most pinball cabinets the decals no longer go edge to edge. There needs to be a small space before the edge to prevent overlapping rough edges and other common issues. The small line in the decal does not bother me at all. Although Doug insisted on sending me out new decals. I will probably not even put them on. Here is what people should take from this post. This company is GREAT! there products are amazing! and their level of customer service and appreciation is Spectacular! People buy with confidence. I have my AFMRLE on order for my home and now I will be placing a sizeable order of MMR and AFMRSE to put out in some of my locations. I absolutely love my MMR. The game plays fantastic. Lots of fun and a great compliment my collection. Also please note this company knows cabinets very well. That is what they do. They have been making cabinets for a very long time for most of the major Arcade manufactures. I operate a lot of these games in my locations Namco, Raw Thrills, and many more. These games get abused and yet they still look great after may years.

** I cant wait to see what is the next title they will announce. If anyone from CGC is looking at this post please take this as a formal request to be put on the waiting list for your next title. Great work please keep it up. This industry needs more people like you in it.

#730 6 years ago

Very nice to hear. As someone with an AFMR LE on order and looking to get a MMR in the future.

#731 6 years ago

Great to hear! Here is my ranking of service.

#1 - Chicago Gaming
#2 - JJP
#3 - Stern
Last place - PPS

#732 6 years ago

I also had a ticket for the same reason as ASOA. I received the same response from GCG and am every bit as satisfied with their service.

#733 6 years ago

Wow! Thats great to hear. I don't think we have anything to worry about. Really looking forward to my LE.

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Doug, thanks for the update and pictures.
Umm, that's a lot of GREEN hardware there. I hope there are as many BLACK AFMr machines sitting and ready to roll!

That's also what I noticed !
Any good news concerning black trim AFMR ?

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

The games already completed still need to go through final testing, number assignment, and trim application

and TRIM application, my guess is those martian green lock bars are there so they could strap them closed and prop them up on their backs. All the number matching LE's are first and I doubt we all selected martian green. So don't lose hope that yours might be in that stack!

#736 6 years ago

been crickets in here today, I hope trucks are backing to the loading dock to pickup those LE's!

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

and TRIM application, my guess is those martian green lock bars are there so they could strap them closed and prop them up on their backs. All the number matching LE's are first and I doubt we all selected martian green. So don't lose hope that yours might be in that stack!

Although I am surprised anyone ordered anything other than martian green, this does seem like the most reasonable answer.

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Doug Skor the VP of the company also reached out to me personally. This guy is a true professional! The passion and respect he has for this industry is amazing.

I agree completely. I spoke with Doug extensively at TPF and was very impressed with him. He is a big reason I placed an order for an AFMr and MMr. His updates and communication on this forum have been remarkable. He's set a high standard for customer service and his company will benefit from it.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Although I am surprised anyone ordered anything other than martian green, this does seem like the most reasonable answer.

Green was a bit too much for me, I went black.

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Same here. Can't wait.

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Once you go black... etc....
I also ordered black.

#742 6 years ago

Once you go black... etc....
I also ordered black.

This game is going to be a pride and joy in my collection. Black side rails are just so - stern pro -ish. I can't imagine such ordinary for such a unique and extraordinary game.

I mean the game will be awesome either way but why take away a feature so "special and limited"? Aren't black rails available anywhere including on every Stern pro

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

This game is going to be a pride and joy in my collection. Black side rails are just so - stern pro -ish. I can't imagine such ordinary for such a unique and extraordinary game.
I mean the game will be awesome either way but why take away a feature so "special and limited"? Aren't black rails available anywhere including on every Stern pro

Artistically, I just think the black fits the over-all look better. Also Im color blind so the green just looks tan to me.
Im sure its stunning if you could see it!

Im also curious how a dark red would look, it might also be nice.

#744 6 years ago

Im also curious how a dark red would look, it might also be nice.

If they had that as a option, that's what I would have went with. I agree that the black is too Stern Pro/Prem to me. I already have several games with black, so I went green to have it stand out. I think the green looks much better then I originally gave it credit for.

#745 6 years ago

Loving my SE so far. Only issue that has come up is the switch for destroying the saucer wasn't registering/seated properly and I had to tighten it down... otherwise it's been working like a champ. Awesome game, and a great update to a modern classic! Wish I woulda kept my LE ordered but I just couldn't wait. haha! I hope the topper and mini saucers do in fact become an upgrade...

#746 6 years ago

paid for my matched LE today...

#747 6 years ago

Anyone get any updates from their distro's over the past few days for their LE's?

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Anyone get any updates from their distro's over the past few days for their LE's?

I was told that mine should ship early next week. They said soon as it does I'll get the tracking info.

#749 6 years ago

Great, that would be excellent. Sounds reasonable. Dont what to irritate my distro as i know they are busy so i will wait to see how things flow next week.

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I was told that mine should ship early next week. They said soon as it does I'll get the tracking info.

Matching S/N or not?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/15?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.