pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 32.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Problem still exists on MMr. Just cut my thumb on the side rail yesterday. This machine was built on 6-21-17

There shouldn't be too many of these still out there.

Please go to CGC and under Support open a ticket on the Help Desk.

LTG : )

#652 6 years ago

Gotta wonder how they would let something like this get past quality control in the first place. Very dangerous. And still sending them out like that. When it was brought up numerous times here.

Sometime the only thing these companies can hear is the sound of money.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I PM'd him on this as his original post could be interpreted a couple different ways. Today he confirmed that after around 500 AFMLEs they will put MMr on the line for a run of 250 before finishing the last 500 AFMLEs. He messaged me this morning on this.

A bit sad again. But oh well, it is what it is.
His sentence on page 10 clearly said will build all LE's.
But I can see how he may have been typing too fast and left off the 500 part.

#654 6 years ago

How can I aquire one of those cool pinball rotisseries??

#655 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Problem still exists on MMr. Just cut my thumb on the side rail yesterday. This machine was built on 6-21-17

This has unfortunately been a problem on siderails and pinball metal in general for at least ten years. I remember getting side rails for an MB from Marcos in ~2004 and they were both as sharp as razors. I emailed to let them know. A few years later I bought two sets for a couple of machines that I was restoring and those were sharp as razors. Just last year I bought a lift channel for Sorcerer and it was like a razor!

A few passes with some emery cloth fixes this right up, but that is not the point. The parts suppliers really need to be cracked down on. The game manufacturers and parts re-sellers need to inspect the products they receive better and reject the parts that are unsafe.

#656 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Lloyd is definitely the man. Also met him at TPF; very impressive guy.

So impressive that he went in for a physical and ended up diagnosing the doctors problems....

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There shouldn't be too many of these still out there.
Please go to CGC and under Support open a ticket on the Help Desk.

Thanks. Ticket made.

1 week later
#658 6 years ago

Really hopeful to hear about the LE progress this week, anyone receive notice that theirs has shipped?

#659 6 years ago

Would love to see a picture of the topper as well with the new modifications.

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Would love to see a picture of the topper as well with the new modifications.

What are the new modifications to the topper?

#661 6 years ago

Someone said they are building 500 more MMRs? I received mine last week and the build date was in June 13and I believe was number 1887 of 2000. So are they going to just extend it to 2500? Or create a 3rd version of MMR?

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Someone said they are building 500 more MMRs? I received mine last week and the build date was in June 13

You probably have a Stern built one. CGC plans were 500 AFMR's, then 500 MMR's, then back to AFMR's.

No idea when Stern will be done with MMR's they have left, if any.

#663 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Someone said they are building 500 more MMRs? I received mine last week and the build date was in June 13and I believe was number 1887 of 2000. So are they going to just extend it to 2500? Or create a 3rd version of MMR?

I think those are still being built by Stern. CGC is going to start building more MMr in September after the first 500 AFMrLEs.

#664 6 years ago

I wonder what the chances are that CGC will finish all 1000 AFMLEs before Christmas? Hoping to have mine for the holidays.

#665 6 years ago

Stern is not building them anymore , Mine was built at CGC. They had some gap time in AFMR before the LEs and they ran a small batch from what I was told.

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Stern is not building them anymore , Mine was built at CGC. They had some gap time in AFMR before the LEs and they ran a small batch from what I was told.

This post breaks the heart of every LE buyer that was expecting to hear that LEs shipped this week.

#667 6 years ago

First I read that they would build some AFM LEs then go back to building MM-Rs. Then I read that they'd stick with AFMs for a while. Anyone know which is correct? I've got an AFM LE on order (no matching number, my MM-R is a standard)

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

First I read that they would build some AFM LEs then go back to building MM-Rs. Then I read that they'd stick with AFMs for a while. Anyone know which is correct? I've got an AFM LE on order (no matching number, my MM-R is a standard)

Doug at CGC replied to my PM about a week ago confirming that after building around 500 AFMLE they would put 250 MMr on the line before completing the last 500 AFMLEs.

#669 6 years ago

I got word this week that my Stainless trim, matching serial LE is being shipped by end of next week.

#670 6 years ago

I highly doubt they put any MMr's on the line, the switch over time too run a small batch wouldn't make sense and would just be a distraction and delay for AFMr. More than likely they've been building up a pile of LE's that are waiting on toppers.

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Our production output in both quantity and quality has already exceeded our expectations. We are still building up to our targeted output of about 15 games per day and this could still take several more weeks. Because of this success, Doug Duba, owner of CGC, has decided to modify the original schedule. With his newly found confidence in our abilities along with some delays on receiving some custom made parts the topper, we are modify the schedule as such.
• We have parts to build 500 AFMR on the first run. Parts for the second run (1,000 units) have all been released to our vendors and will start arriving in July.
• Instead of building only 100 SE’s, we are now going to build 150 SE’s. By building the additional 50 SE’s it will push us out only two weeks before we dive in to LE production.
• By the time that we have completed the 150, we should be building and testing toppers.
• Our plan is to still build the LE Serial Number Matching Program machines first.
• Once started, we will focus only on LE’s until all have been built.
• When we break to build MMR, we will build only 250 MMR’s instead of the originally announced 500 units. Although we have commitments for well over 400 MMR’s, we are confident that the 250 will take care of the immediate needs rather than the stocking positions some dealers are teeing up for the holiday season. It should take us no more than 3 to 4 weeks to build this quantity.
• While we are building AFM’s, the work cells will be working on sub-assemblies for MMR and visa-versa when we are building MMR’s, we will be building AFMR assemblies.
• Immediately following MMR’s, we will build AFMR strong for many weeks.
• We will break to build another batch of MMR in early to mid-November.
Each game is going through three testing points before it is boxed. We have established a check list that has to be completed on each and every game. I don’t know of a manufacture that is checking, double checking, and triple checking a product before it ships. Like I said earlier, I look forward to hearing from the community on first posts of their “unboxing” experiences. Please understand that we are working our way out of a hole. We have nearly 1,800 pins to build at this time; however, new orders coming in daily. Because we are so behind at the moment, we will not look to introduce our next pin until probably late Q1 of 2018. We also will be introducing a new video game later this year that will become a “have to have” for any players game room.
Thank you again for all your passion and patience as we work our way of this back-order situation.
Best regards.
Doug Skor

I had the silly impression that the above stated that the LE,s once started would be then competed the lot of them surely my grasp of the English language isn'tthat bad

#672 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

I had the silly impression that the above stated that the LE,s once started would be then competed the lot of them surely my grasp of the English language isn'tthat bad

I read it the same way as you. That's why I messaged Doug to confirm but he said it's 500 AFMLE, 250 MMr, then 500 AFMLE.

#673 6 years ago

Well shoot this is not what I wanted to read in the owners thread.. any thoughts on what is causing separation on the front of the cabinets Doug?

IMG_8835 (resized).PNGIMG_8835 (resized).PNG

Quoted from Higloss67:

My MMR was delivered 2 weeks ago and looks just like that on both sides. I will need to check my AFMR. Interested in finding out what the problem is.

#674 6 years ago

Doesn't CGC (Churchill) make Stern's cabinets too?

#675 6 years ago

Can anyone else with a new SE confirm this issue or is this a one off?

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

I think when he said "Once started, we will focus only on LE’s until all have been built", he meant within the world of AFMr production. IE: Once the LEs start, there will be no other AFMrs built until those are finished. The "break" to build MMrs doesn't count against that total.

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well shoot this is not what I wanted to read in the owners thread.. any thoughts on what is causing separation on the front of the cabinets Doug?

FYI AFMR looks good but here is my MMR delivered the same day. Mfg. June 8, 2017

IMG_1926 (resized).JPGIMG_1926 (resized).JPG

IMG_1929 (resized).JPGIMG_1929 (resized).JPG

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

FYI AFMR looks good but here is my MMR delivered the same day. Mfg. June 8, 2017

Do AFMr and MMr use the old style Bally/Williams cabinet corner brackets or are they using the same set up Stern uses in their cabinets?

#679 6 years ago

Houston we may have a problem......

#680 6 years ago

The reason its better to not to be in the first shipments.
As long as they fix it before they ship mine out...

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

That mmr definitely should have been noticed during all of the pre shipment inspections these games are supposed to go through.

#682 6 years ago

Just bought my MMR received it last week. Cabinet is splitting and I have a AFMLE coming soon. Doug what are we going to do about this? Please respond.

15002351122822135813815 (resized).jpg15002351122822135813815 (resized).jpg

1500235206987448801356 (resized).jpg1500235206987448801356 (resized).jpg

15002355907396875476 (resized).jpg15002355907396875476 (resized).jpg

#683 6 years ago

if you haven't done so = open a ticket with CGC.

#684 6 years ago

I must say I do not have the same experience so far. As a business owner in this industry I understand things happen. We should judge a company based on if a situation presents itself what will they do to make things right. I purchased a brand new MMR last week for my private collection. Inspected the game and now this. The cabinet is splitting on a game that is 7 days old. Please see the pictures attached as well as the serial number and the build date of my game. Both sides are splitting. I also have a AFMRLE that is scheduled to ship out soon however I do not feel that comfortable with the purchase while I still have this not yet rectified. In all fairness I just noticed the splitting today and be it that today is a Sunday I have not had a chance to call CGC directly. I will post there response on this forum. Lets hope they are willing to do the right thing. Lots of potential with this company. I would hate to see them ruin a great thing by not standing behind there products. Time will tell.

#685 6 years ago

AFMr LE on the way here too.

I wonder if pre-emptive bracing (glued or screwed) would help?

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I must say I do not have the same experience so far. As a business owner in this industry I understand things happen. We should judge a company based on if a situation presents itself what will they do to make things right. I purchased a brand new MMR last week for my private collection. Inspected the game and now this. The cabinet is splitting on a game that is 7 days old. Please see the pictures attached as well as the serial number and the build date of my game. Both sides are splitting. I also have a AFMRLE that is scheduled to ship out soon however I do not feel that comfortable with the purchase while I still have this not yet rectified. In all fairness I just noticed the splitting today and be it that today is a Sunday I have not had a chance to call CGC directly. I will post there response on this forum. Lets hope they are willing to do the right thing. Lots of potential with this company. I would hate to see them ruin a great thing by not standing behind there products. Time will tell.

Maybe you could open a ticket and THEN cut/paste this in every single CGC related thread with their response? Seems like you're torpedoing them a bit before you've even told them you have an issue

#687 6 years ago

for the record my MMR is over year old and has lots of plays on it and no splitting, infact the machine has been bulletproof - not a single issue!

Neil.

#688 6 years ago

I wouldn't count on CGC to respond to any issues that might arise on this forum. Seems they only use it to sell games.

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Just bought my MMR received it last week. Cabinet is splitting and I have a AFMLE coming soon. Doug what are we going to do about this? Please respond.

Sorry your pin has a split decal. Have you given them a chance to respond or opened up a ticket yet? I guess I'm wondering if they even know it's an issue. Typically you go through the distributor or work direct (after distros opens trouble ticket). Why come on here first?

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wouldn't count on CGC to respond to any issues that might arise on this forum. Seems they only use it to sell games.

I would.

#691 6 years ago

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Sorry your pin has a split decal. Have you given them a chance to respond or opened up a ticket yet? I guess I'm wondering if they even know it's an issue. Typically you go through the distributor or work direct (after distros opens trouble ticket). Why come on here first?

Yes but decals just dont split .... it happens bc of where the cab joint is and its coming apart or shifted.

#693 6 years ago

Thank you for all of your help. I did put in the post that I did not speak with them yet because I just noticed the issue today. I'm not here to throw anyone under the bus. I will not speak bad about there company unless I have been treated in such a manner to do so. I love there product. I love it enough to buy both of there games and test the quality in my home game room prior to me putting them out in my locations. I'm well aware that if you are running a large company manufacturing many types of products also relying on 3rd parties that there are going to be issues. I will definitely give them a chance to make things right. I would be very upset if they did not. I look forward to moving past this so we can purchase larger quantities of there products so our customers can enjoy in many of our 300 plus locations. I appreciate people who are sticking up for CGC. I will be one of there biggest supporters after this gets resolved. No need to get upset or point fingers just thought I would share my current situation.

Thank You,
Jonathan
Amusement Services of America

#694 6 years ago

Edited. Will reach out to CGC first.

#695 6 years ago

Based on what? All the other times they did? I personally don't remember one.

Their lack of response when someone mentioned the razor sharp side rails and continuing to send them out that way shows me what they are all about.

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Based on what? All the other times they did? I personally don't remember one.
Their lack of response when someone mentioned the razor sharp side rails and continuing to send them out that way shows me what they are all about.

just trying to have some fun with you. You have a spidey-sense when their is any whiff of a CGC related issue

#697 6 years ago

It's just that I've been watching and reading for years and kind of feel bad for people that have problems with their expensive games getting ignored, and sometimes insulted for bringing it up.

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wouldn't count on CGC to respond to any issues that might arise on this forum.

They don't live here. They don't see everything. Best to open a ticket on their support desk.

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's just that I've been watching and reading for years

Doug Duba and Doug Skor have only been posting since late August 2015. Doug Skor takes very good care of the CGC support desk.

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I did put in the post that I did not speak with them yet because I just noticed the issue today.

Go here - http://www.chicago-gaming.com/ under Support - Help Desk, please open a ticket now. You can put pictures too.

Way easier than multiple posts in multiple threads.

It may go to me. I'll alert it to Doug Skor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/14?hl=deadpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.