pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 32.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Really though I am saving my freaking penny's. It's all good. I have found the hunt to be an enjoyable part of the game.

Kinda the same thing here now.
I had all my money saved up. Then 4 pins just dropped in my lap that I could not pass up.
2 EM's for $200 each.
An F-14 for $500. (Real project, but it boots up.)
And a Solar Ride for $700 that looks like the day it came out of the box. Even had Invisiglass on it which I did not find out until I got it home.
So Now I am having to slowly save up the 1600 I just spent. lol.

#602 6 years ago

Picking up an SE tomorrow!

IMG_0976 (resized).JPGIMG_0976 (resized).JPG

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Is it adjustable? Or is the part just sized wrong?

Doug and Lloyd got back to me... pretty great considering it's a holiday weekend.

I was told a very slight modification needs to be made to the initial design of the protector, but they have a batch of new ones coming in this week that'll be a perfect fit. One will be sent to me and I'll just swap it out. Piece of cake.

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Doug and Lloyd got back to me... pretty great considering it's a holiday weekend.
I was told a very slight modification needs to be made to the initial design of the protector, but they have a batch of new ones coming in this week that'll be a perfect fit. One will be sent to me and I'll just swap it out. Piece of cake.

Great news and excellent service. In all the Stern SW vs JJP DI arguing, I think CGC/PPS are quietly becoming leaders in the pinball industry.

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

... In all the Stern SW vs JJP DI arguing, I think CGC/PPS are quietly becoming leaders in the pinball industry.

I agree the rollout of AFMr has been great. I have to wonder how much involvement PPS really has this time around though. Seems like they're just providing the license and CGC is running the rest of this well oiled train.

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Great news and excellent service. In all the Stern SW vs JJP DI arguing, I think CGC/PPS are quietly becoming leaders in the pinball industry.

One more title with the same quality and rollout as AFMr and I would say they could be taking the crown.

The announcement and production of AFMr has been so smooth and professional you would think they have been at this for years, its truly been impressive to watch and it looks like the final product is surpassing expectations..... which of the other "big" boys can say the same?

#607 6 years ago

Much more difficult to make a brand new pin from scratch compared to something that has been out for 20+years. That being said the afm rollout has been great and im glad they didn't hurry it after mmr . Congrats to cgc and thanks for the remakes.

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I agree the rollout of AFMr has been great. I have to wonder how much involvement PPS really has this time around though. Seems like they're just providing the license and CGC is running the rest of this well oiled train.

That's kinda my understanding. Which is why I think it's going so well. The Doug's over at cgc are great. I got another shipment of SE's on the way to me now. I think this week they are starting the sn matching program LE's

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Much more difficult to make a brand new pin from scratch compared to something that has been out for 20+years. That being said the afm rollout has been great and im glad they didn't hurry it after mmr . Congrats to cgc and thanks for the remakes.

Good point for sure. But communication, adding features, and being responsive to problems. All good stuff

#610 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

...The Doug's over at cgc are great. I got another shipment of SE's on the way to me now. I think this week they are starting the sn matching program LE's

Rick: Hello JJ, what's happening? Listen, are you gonna have those license reports for us this afternoon?
JJ: No.
Rick: Ah. Well then I suppose we should go ahead and have a little talk.
JJ: Not right now Rick, I'm kinda busy. You know what, in fact I'm gonna have to ask you to just go ahead and come back later, I've got a meeting with the Dougs in a couple minutes.
Rick: I wasn't aware of a meeting with them.
JJ: Yeah, they called me at home.

#611 6 years ago

Do any of the AFM-R models come with anti-glare glass?

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Do any of the AFM-R models come with anti-glare glass?

No. I do not believe they do.

#613 6 years ago

We hope that everyone had a great holiday.

• Because we completed the 150th AFMR SE last Friday, we allowed our staff to enjoy a four day holiday weekend. Today, we started assembling Limited Edition games. These first LE games will be the Serial Number Matching Program machines. I do not anticipate us shipping any LE’s for about another 10 days because we are still awaiting a couple of parts for the topper. Games will be thoroughly tested with the topper prior to final approval and packing.

• A couple of people expressed a concern about our strobe light. Let me begin by saying that no one has reported a single failure, rather the concern was whether it was not quite as bright as the original. The original game deployed an incandescent Xenon bulb, we are using nothing but LED technology. Seen below you will see our strobe board pictured. There are eighteen(18) 1 watt lamps on this board, very powerful LED’s. Our software team is already working on a control whereby the owner can adjust the brightness of the strobe lamp board. However, It would be helpful if we could identify any AFMR SE owners that also have side-by-side with the original 1995 version of AFM. If so, would you please contact me directly through the messaging system. Regardless, we feel that will be able to make a difference with a simple software update while allowing you the ability to set your preference.

Thank you for your patience and feedback.

More to come!

Doug Skor

2017-07-05 11.11.52 (resized).jpg2017-07-05 11.11.52 (resized).jpg

#614 6 years ago

Just curious if all 1000 LEs are being made before the 250 MMr go on the line or if only the matching serial number LEs (for MMr owners) are being completed before another run of 250 MMr remakes are put back on the line. Was this clarified either way? One of Doug's previous posts explained production schedule but it was kind of open to interpretation on the LE run (if it's being split or will be continuous for all 1000 machines). Sorry if this has been answered.

#615 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

There are eighteen(18) 1 watt lamps on this board, very powerful LED’s. Our software team is already working on a control whereby the owner can adjust the brightness of the strobe lamp board. However, It would be helpful if we could identify any AFMR SE owners that also have side-by-side with the original 1995 version of AFM.

Doug,
First I would like to say thank you for setting the bar in responding to questions and concerns. I wish other manufactures would follow your lead here.

As to the strobe issue. I believe the hopeful expectation for most of us is something similar to this. At 4:13

However, I do realize that Bigd likely has his upgraded from the original and it is awesome. **Correction-His is an original.** The AFMR video out there shows just a dark playfield with a very timid blinking light in the back.
Look at 14:07

I think expectations for one of the most applauded features in pinball were a bit greater than what we see in the AFMR video. If it could be a little more strobe lighting and a little less plain dark playfield, most will be pacified.

#616 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Doug,
First I would like to say thank you for setting the bar in responding to questions and concerns. I wish other manufactures would follow your lead here.
As to the strobe issue. I believe the hopeful expectation for most of us is something similar to this. At 4:13
» YouTube video
However, I do realize that Bigd likely has his upgraded from the original and it is awesome. The AFMR video out there shows just a dark playfield with a very timid blinking light in the back.
» YouTube video
I think expectations for one of the most applauded features in pinball were a bit greater than what we see in the AFMR video. If it could be a little more strobe lighting and a little less plain dark playfield, most will be pacified.

Mine is still a original stobe bulb. I have a upgraded one from pinbits that i haven't installed bc the original works so well imo.. After seeing what afmr uses id guess maybe its the direction its facing (downward i believe)? The original light spans out in every direction bc of the type of bulb used.

#617 6 years ago

Maybe a led that spreads the light around more? 28SMDT1012VNW-2T (resized).jpg28SMDT1012VNW-2T (resized).jpg

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Doug,

Please send him the links in a Pinside PM. He may not get back to this thread soon.

LTG : )

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mine is still a original stobe bulb. I have a upgraded one from pinbits that i haven't installed bc the original works so well imo.. After seeing what afmr uses id guess maybe its the direction its facing (downward i believe)? The original light spans out in every direction bc of the type of bulb used.

Thanks for pointing out that yours is still original. I wonder if simply tilting the board face forward slightly would make a difference? That would at least push the flashing effect a bit further across the playfield.

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Thanks for pointing out that yours is still original. I wonder if simply tilting the board face forward slightly would make a difference? That would at least push the flashing effect a bit further across the playfield.

Thats what im thinking also....

#621 6 years ago

doug, it might be useful for you guys to do a video in lower light conditions on a production unit - The video above of the original AFM is more or less played in the dark.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to getting my LE

Neil.

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please send him the links in a Pinside PM. He may not get back to this thread soon.

Done

#623 6 years ago

I fell really lucky, My MMR is being delivered this Friday and was picked up from them over a week ago, Then I wait for my AFMR LE. Not sure how long it will be since it wont be a numbers matching version but now they got me excited for the announcement of the next Remake for 18!

#624 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Rick: Hello JJ, what's happening? Listen, are you gonna have those license reports for us this afternoon?
JJ: No.
Rick: Ah. Well then I suppose we should go ahead and have a little talk.
JJ: Not right now Rick, I'm kinda busy. You know what, in fact I'm gonna have to ask you to just go ahead and come back later, I've got a meeting with the Dougs in a couple minutes.
Rick: I wasn't aware of a meeting with them.
JJ: Yeah, they called me at home.

Great movie. Some of the lines from it are so relevant to me at work.

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

doug, it might be useful for you guys to do a video in lower light conditions on a production unit - The video above of the original AFM is more or less played in the dark.
Keep up the great work and looking forward to getting my LE
Neil.

Ive played afmr in the dark and its still underwhelming compared to my video above. Also i do have a light on in that video but i do have the backbox blackout mod which helps alot when the gi on the playfield goes out. Seems other current owners of afmr are also looking to get the strobe brighter also...so its not just the deadflip vid.

#626 6 years ago

I have a Special Edition in stock now that can be delivered any time starting tomorrow.

Please let me know heading to Charlotte area could throw on the truck at a very reasonable rate.

Price of the SE is not discounted as we must follow MSRP but please PM as I can help out with set up and delivery between Norton Va and Charlotte to Winston Salem area.

Buddy
A factory dealer for PPS/Chicago Gaming

20170705_144414 (resized).jpg20170705_144414 (resized).jpg

20170705_144428 (resized).jpg20170705_144428 (resized).jpg

20170705_144431 (resized).jpg20170705_144431 (resized).jpg

20170705_144341 (resized).jpg20170705_144341 (resized).jpg

20170705_144358 (resized).jpg20170705_144358 (resized).jpg

20170705_144352 (resized).jpg20170705_144352 (resized).jpg

20170705_144419 (resized).jpg20170705_144419 (resized).jpg

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Doug,
» YouTube video
However, I do realize that Bigd likely has his upgraded from the original and it is awesome. **Correction-His is an original.** The AFMR video out there shows just a dark playfield with a very timid blinking light in the back.
» YouTube video

You can link youtube videos to a specific timestamp:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#628 6 years ago

Are the next batches of MMR being produced in house by CGC or still being done by Stern?

#629 6 years ago

Can't wait to get my machine.
I ordered a Green trimmed LE from Pinball Pro in Nebraska.
Never bought a brand new rig so this is exciting!
Thanks for the opportunity!

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

You can link youtube videos to a specific timestamp:

A smidge off topic but I just learned something. Thanks.

Still can't wait from my green trim LE!!! (Now I'm back on topic lol)

#631 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are the next batches of MMR being produced in house by CGC or still being done by Stern?

Why would stern have anything to do with MM these days?

#632 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Everything will be built in house from this point forward. I just received 3 MMR Standards that were built by Stern but these are some of the very last built by them. I was told there are only a few more to be built by Stern (less than 10). So I assume that will be in the next few weeks or so and then everything is CGC built. The AFRM Se's I've received have been excellent in build quality. Looking forward to receiving the LE's soon.

[email protected]

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Everything will be built in house from this point forward. I just received 3 MMR Standards that were built by Stern but these are some of the very last built by them. I was told there are only a few more to be built by Stern (less than 10). So I assume that will be in the next few weeks or so and then everything is CGC built. The AFRM Se's I've received have been excellent in build quality. Looking forward to receiving the LE's soon.
[email protected]

Awesome thanks for the informative reply Larry, I wasn't sure how long the original MMR production agreement/contract was, hence my original question. I have been eyeing up a MMR for a while now, if I can get one NIB built by CGC rather than Stern I would probably go for it, I was waiting to see how AFMR turned out first and thats turned out fantastic!

I have plenty of Stern's but the reviews and reports of CGC build quality on AFMR has been overwhelmingly positive and exceeded expectations. Think it's time to pull the trigger on the pair and the bonus of having them both build by CGC.

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome thanks for the informative reply Larry, I wasn't sure how long the original MMR production agreement/contract was, hence my original question. I have been eyeing up a MMR for a while now, if I can get one NIB built by CGC rather than Stern I would probably go for it, I was waiting to see how AFMR turned out first and thats turned out fantastic!
I have plenty of Stern's but the reviews and reports of CGC build quality on AFMR has been overwhelmingly positive and exceeded expectations. Think it's time to pull the trigger on the pair and the bonus of having them both build by CGC.

to be fair to stern my MMR has been bullet proof. Nothing gone wrong with it at all.

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

to be fair to stern my MMR has been bullet proof. Nothing gone wrong with it at all.

I agree. My MMr built by Stern has had an equal amount of small adjustments as my AFMr. Pleased with both.

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don't know if Stern is finishing up any MMR's from before.

It's been posted CGC is making AFMR's now, 500 I think. Then CGC will make more MMR's, and then back to AFMR's.

#637 6 years ago

I've had my MMR on location for almost two years now, the biggest thing I had happen is all three pop bumper brackets break. Might of been the batch of brackets I got were defective... who knows. Other then that, its been solid. looking forward to AFMR, paid in full a few weeks back.

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

all three pop bumper brackets break.

They break in commercial use too.

#639 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't know if Stern is finishing up any MMR's from before.
It's been posted CGC is making AFMR's now, 500 I think. Then CGC will make more MMR's, and then back to AFMR's.

Can any one clear this up
I had the understanding that cgc was now going to produce all the LEs in 1 block can Doug cgc confirm where we are at with production planning

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

Can any one clear this up
I had the understanding that cgc was now going to produce all the LEs in 1 block can Doug cgc confirm where we are at with production planning

I PM'd him on this as his original post could be interpreted a couple different ways. Today he confirmed that after around 500 AFMLEs they will put MMr on the line for a run of 250 before finishing the last 500 AFMLEs. He messaged me this morning on this.

#641 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I PM'd him on this as his original post could be interpreted a couple different ways. Today he confirmed that after around 500 AFMLEs they will put MMr on the line for a run of 250 before finishing the last 500 AFMLEs. He messaged me this morning on this.

Anyone have an estimate on how many matching serial numbered AFM-R's have been sold? Attempting to estimate when my LE might be made, since I am getting one from the non-matching group.

#642 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Anyone have an estimate on how many matching serial numbered AFM-R's have been sold? Attempting to estimate when my LE might be made, since I am getting one from the non-matching group.

I was told under under 150.

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I was told under under 150

If that is so, they will bang out all 150 of them in 10 days.

#644 6 years ago

Yeah I was told it's only a week or two delay if you are not in the loyalty program.

#645 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Doug, are the AFMr side rails as dangerously sharp as the MMr ones were?

That is a darn good question as I know a young person that sliced his finger up pretty good on one. And find it hard to believe the question was ignored as was the problem when brought up on the first remake. But plenty of response about hole protectors.

Maybe they will be sending out a finger repair kit?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#646 6 years ago

Problem still exists on MMr. Just cut my thumb on the side rail yesterday. This machine was built on 6-21-17

#647 6 years ago

Side rails are fine on my SE.

#648 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That is a darn good question as I know a young person that sliced his finger up pretty good on one. And find it hard to believe the question was ignored as was the problem when brought up on the first remake. But plenty of response about hole protectors.
Maybe they will be sending out a finger repair kit?

Quoted from Higloss67:

Problem still exists on MMr. Just cut my thumb on the side rail yesterday. This machine was built on 6-21-17

Had the same problem on my MMr. Find your nearest hobby shop that carries model railroading supplies. Get an abrasive track cleaner called a "Bright Boy". Rub it along the sharp edges and it will remove them, but be careful not to rub the artwork, it will remove it.

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Contact GCG and they will help you with the sharp side rails.

Marc

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Doug, are the AFMr side rails as dangerously sharp as the MMr ones were?

No. CGC has taken steps so this doesn't happen again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 45.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 29.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/13?hl=deadpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.