pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 32.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Are you guys all mmr original owners?

Yes, I own MMr LE #669, original owner and it's staying forever

#452 6 years ago

Nice. Congrats guys. I got in late so I won't be surprised if I'm in the 2nd batch.

#453 6 years ago

I'm just so happy. We have owners getting thier games soon. We have been communicated with. Rock and roll.

#454 6 years ago

I know it's stating the obvious, but I'm still just freaking happy about it all. Attack from Mars is an absolute classic.

#455 6 years ago

Awesome pics and updates. I went and played AFM at one of the local bars. Such a great game and stoked to get my LE.

#456 6 years ago

The oldest pinball release and the best one out right now. Can't afford to buy one but rumor that op that runs local bar is getting one. Can't wait to start playing this with no long lines.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Are you guys all mmr original owners?

Yup. MMr LE #288. If they make MBr next I'm going 3 for 3.

#458 6 years ago

Wow, Looking good doug. We will probably start invoicing our first # guys Next week.

JJ

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Yup. MMr LE #288. If they make MBr next I'm going 3 for 3.

Me too with the MBR LE

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Wow, Looking good doug. We will probably start invoicing our first # guys Next week.
JJ

Awesome JJ! I will be watching my email like a hawk

#461 6 years ago

I will mention there were a lot of little things I noticed or that were pointed out to me that convey the level of detail and care being put into the production of the game...
- Custom made shelving to hold for EVERYTHING - playfields, to keep them on rotisseries and separated not stacked, before or after they are populated. They were even used for things like the backbox kits after they are assembled. Nothing seems to have to be lifted by hand during the process. Seems like a little thing but you don't have anything banging into anything - care is taken to ensure every playfield is pristine.
- If you look at some of the pictures of the cabinets during burn in phase, you'll see little tracks on the floor...Again, to keep moving cabinets from banging or touching each other.
- At the end of the line before boxing, air guns are used to get any dust off the playfield, then they are waxed... You can see that being done in one of my pictures... Again, maybe that's commonplace but I've been to a lot of factories and don't recall the game being spit shined just before it's put into the box so the customer gets something perfect.
There were numerous little things like that I saw that you could tell they took the time to plan out and think about before rushing into production... Not only are the games now going to get made swiftly after minimal wait after the announcement in March but I have the utmost confidence the same quality we saw with MMR will continue with AFMR.

#462 6 years ago

I would almost argue more care is being taken than was probably done by Stern...

#463 6 years ago

Doug, can you comment on the LE topper? It was mentioned to distributors that you would be making LE's but wouldn't be shipping any until you were satisfied with the topper?

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I will mention there were a lot of little things I noticed or that were pointed out to me that convey the level of detail and care being put into the production of the game...
- Custom made shelving to hold for EVERYTHING - playfields, to keep them on rotisseries and separated not stacked, before or after they are populated. They were even used for things like the backbox kits after they are assembled. Nothing seems to have to be lifted by hand during the process. Seems like a little thing but you don't have anything banging into anything - care is taken to ensure every playfield is pristine.
- If you look at some of the pictures of the cabinets during burn in phase, you'll see little tracks on the floor...Again, to keep moving cabinets from banging or touching each other.
- At the end of the line before boxing, air guns are used to get any dust off the playfield, then they are waxed... You can see that being done in one of my pictures... Again, maybe that's commonplace but I've been to a lot of factories and don't recall the game being spit shined just before it's put into the box so the customer gets something perfect.
There were numerous little things like that I saw that you could tell they took the time to plan out and think about before rushing into production... Not only are the games now going to get made swiftly after minimal wait after the announcement in March but I have the utmost confidence the same quality we saw with MMR will continue with AFMR.

Are the side rails dangerously sharp like they were on MMR?

#465 6 years ago

So excited! Can not wait to get my LE!!!

#466 6 years ago

Appreciate the production updates and pictures. Very refreshing and exciting to have some visibility into the making of these!

#467 6 years ago

Our production output in both quantity and quality has already exceeded our expectations. We are still building up to our targeted output of about 15 games per day and this could still take several more weeks. Because of this success, Doug Duba, owner of CGC, has decided to modify the original schedule. With his newly found confidence in our abilities along with some delays on receiving some custom made parts the topper, we are modify the schedule as such.
• We have parts to build 500 AFMR on the first run. Parts for the second run (1,000 units) have all been released to our vendors and will start arriving in July.
• Instead of building only 100 SE’s, we are now going to build 150 SE’s. By building the additional 50 SE’s it will push us out only two weeks before we dive in to LE production.
• By the time that we have completed the 150, we should be building and testing toppers.
• Our plan is to still build the LE Serial Number Matching Program machines first.
• Once started, we will focus only on LE’s until all have been built.
• When we break to build MMR, we will build only 250 MMR’s instead of the originally announced 500 units. Although we have commitments for well over 400 MMR’s, we are confident that the 250 will take care of the immediate needs rather than the stocking positions some dealers are teeing up for the holiday season. It should take us no more than 3 to 4 weeks to build this quantity.
• While we are building AFM’s, the work cells will be working on sub-assemblies for MMR and visa-versa when we are building MMR’s, we will be building AFMR assemblies.
• Immediately following MMR’s, we will build AFMR strong for many weeks.
• We will break to build another batch of MMR in early to mid-November.

Each game is going through three testing points before it is boxed. We have established a check list that has to be completed on each and every game. I don’t know of a manufacture that is checking, double checking, and triple checking a product before it ships. Like I said earlier, I look forward to hearing from the community on first posts of their “unboxing” experiences. Please understand that we are working our way out of a hole. We have nearly 1,800 pins to build at this time; however, new orders coming in daily. Because we are so behind at the moment, we will not look to introduce our next pin until probably late Q1 of 2018. We also will be introducing a new video game later this year that will become a “have to have” for any players game room.

Thank you again for all your passion and patience as we work our way of this back-order situation.

Best regards.

Doug Skor

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Our production output in both quantity and quality has already exceeded our expectations. We are still building up to our targeted output of about 15 games per day and this could still take several more weeks. Because of this success, Doug Duba, owner of CGC, has decided to modify the original schedule. With his newly found confidence in our abilities along with some delays on receiving some custom made parts the topper, we are modify the schedule as such.
• We have parts to build 500 AFMR on the first run. Parts for the second run (1,000 units) have all been released to our vendors and will start arriving in July.
• Instead of building only 100 SE’s, we are now going to build 150 SE’s. By building the additional 50 SE’s it will push us out only two weeks before we dive in to LE production.
• By the time that we have completed the 150, we should be building and testing toppers.
• Our plan is to still build the LE Serial Number Matching Program machines first.
• When we break to build MMR, we will build only 250 MMR’s instead of the originally announced 500 units. Although we have commitments for well over 400 MMR’s, we are confident that the 250 will take care of the immediate needs rather than the stocking positions some dealers are teeing up for the holiday season. It should take us no more than 3 to 4 weeks to build this quantity.
• While we are building AFM’s, the work cells will be working on sub-assemblies for MMR and visa-versa when we are building MMR’s, we will be building AFMR assemblies.
Each game is going through three testing points before it is boxed. We have established a check list that has to be completed on each and every game. I don’t know of a manufacture that is checking, double checking, and triple checking a product before it ships. Like I said earlier, I look forward to hearing from the community on first posts of their “unboxing” experiences. Please understand that we are working our way out of a hole. We have nearly 1,800 pins to build at this time; however, new orders coming in daily. Because we are so behind at the moment, we will not look to introduce our next pin until probably late Q1 of 2018. We also will be introducing a new video game later this year that will become a “have to have” for any players game room.
Thank you again for all your passion and patience as we work our way of this back-order situation.
Best regards.
Doug Skor

You guys are really nailing it, AFMr is gorgeous. Look forward to seeing it in my game room!

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

OMG.
Doing the happy dance as I type.
This is awesome news, and I can't wait for my LE.

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

How is it that a post describing delays for my LE makes me happy and excited?

Because Doug does a great job of communicating and CGC seems to be doing excellent quality control. Glad they are going to get more SEs in during the wait for topper parts. Good business strategy to get more machines out quickly. That's best for us all!

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

How is it that a post describing delays for my LE makes me happy and excited?
Because Doug does a great job of communicating and CGC seems to be doing excellent quality control. Glad they are going to get more SEs in during the wait for topper parts. Good business strategy to get more machines out quickly. That's best for us all!

Yup, i don't have to worry about what "batch" i'm in, instead i just know it'll be built! yay!

Still sucks for those of us that are a repeat customer (MMr) but just don't have LE MMr.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Best regards.
Doug Skor

You guys are setting the bar, HIGH, compared to other manufacturers. Keep it up and you will get an order from me for every machine you make. This is how it's SUPPOSED TO BE. It's called Customer Service.

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

What are you waiting for.

Just waiting for you to loan me $8K

#474 6 years ago

I'm hoping MMR is updated with the bigger display as rumored. I'm holding out for that now; I was looking at other currently available MMR options.

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I'm hoping MMR is updated with the bigger display as rumored. I'm holding out for that now; I was looking at other currently available MMR options.

Me too!!! Doug, can you give us a little more news on this or is it just a rumor?? My MMR is longing for the nice big display the AFMR has......

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

A Special Edition MMr with the large display would be a great option for future buyers...

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

A Special Edition MMr with the large display would be a great option for future buyers...

True, but us present MMR owners would love the availability of an upgrade kit as well!

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

True, but us present MMR owners would love the availability of an upgrade kit as well!

Take my money now!

#479 6 years ago

I'm just still reeling from the idea that I may have to buy both an mmr and a AFMr. Crap.

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I'm just still reeling from the idea that I may have to buy both an mmr and a AFMr. Crap.

Never imagined that but that's what I just did. Funny how a $600 EM fours years ago turns into 16K

#481 6 years ago

CGC_DougS

You guys are a breath of fresh air that is long overdue to this hobby. Thank you for the way you have been going about it!

#405 MMRLE/AFRMLE

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Never imagined that but that's what I just did. Funny how a $600 EM fours years ago turns into 16K

I would ask you, about your purchase.

But I think I know you are happy. That's why I know I'm in trouble.

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Very pleased on how things are progressing here at CGC. I would like to think that soon we’ll all start to see a whole bunch of “Unboxing” posts for AFMR. Many of these games are getting or soon will be shipped.
• There was a slight hold on shipping last week as we were putting the last few edits to the AFMR Owner’s Manual. Soon I hope to be posting the manual on the CGC website for all to review in advance. The manuals are now being mass produced by our printer and quantities are showing up at our facility.
• As per request of our customer, we will no longer be packing the leg bolts in the cashbox as Williams and Bally did back in the day. The leg bolts will now be found fully screwed in to the cabinet. As you unpack the game, simply unscrew the bolts and attach the legs with the same bolts.
• We also believe we have the best pallet in the industry. The size has been increased and built to be a lot stronger, this should greatly reduce the possibility of freight damage. This pallet will be used for all shipments with the exception of ocean going containers, where no pallet is used at all.
• Please Follow us on Facebook, where I will be posting more videos and pictures. I think you will like the box loading video I just added. When I come up for air, I'll add more. https://www.facebook.com/chicagogamingcompany/
A lot of time is being spent on the details. Although nothing is perfect, we really are trying to achieve it. We are grateful for your excitement around what we are doing at CGC and will have more information to share in the near future.
Regards,
Doug Skor

Doug,

Sent final payment for my AFMRLE today. Just wanted to add on that this has been the best experience for me buying a NIB pin from any company bar none. You guys are doing it right! Especially, listening to the consumer feedback. I personally have played some of the prototypes and seen how quickly the playfield started to wear at the SOL hole. I have a ton of respect that CGC wasn't offended by the feedback but rather decided to add a protector. I would not hesitate to jump on remake #3. You guys are leaving Stern and JJP in the dust. Great job on AMFR and particularly your customer service. Responding to customer feedback goes much father to gain trust than people realize.

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

You guys are a breath of fresh air that is long overdue to this hobby. Thank you for the way you have been going about it!

Agreed - as a person who has vowed to never buy NIB again based on how things have been going over the past few years with pinball companies, including some beefs I had with CGC, I would consider breaking my vow purely based on how I've seen Doug & CGC handle AFMr. From the friendly communication, listening to people's suggestions and promptly implementing them, sharing production updates and pictures, to people already getting and enjoying their games - it's absolutely refreshing and how things should be done. It shows CGC has learned, grown, and wants to be in this for the long term.

#485 6 years ago

Keep up the good work CGC. The updates / pictures are wonderful.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I was assuming that if they made it for mmr, it would be available as an upgrade to current owners.

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

@cgc_dougs, where do the CE's fit now in this all..?

#488 6 years ago

I'm disappointed with the coin door

#489 6 years ago
#490 6 years ago

Wow , that afmr looks great.
I like that wide display.

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy:

I'm disappointed with the coin door

Me too

#492 6 years ago

What's wrong with the coin door?

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Nothing really - it's the same coin door used on the new Sterns. It's slightly different than what was used on the original AFM, as there is no "bump" section between the coin slots and the coin returns. This version is a little more flat/plain is all.

#494 6 years ago

It isn't an Entropy door like the original. There's nothing really wrong with the door they are using. I just like the look of the Entropy doors, it is the classic Bally/WMS door on most WPC games.

#495 6 years ago

My situation: I have deposits down for an AFMr LE and an Alien LE at the moment.

If the shape of the coin door rises to the top of the list of complaints, then I am one super-excited about-to-be AFMr owner!

I sure wish the coin door was a big issue with Alien.

Seriously, that is a very nice class of issue to have!

#496 6 years ago

LOL the complaining about the door

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

LOL the complaining about the door

To make everyone happy - impossible

There will always be something to nitpick.

#498 6 years ago

I am extremely disappointed in this game!! because I don't have the money now to buy one.

#499 6 years ago

I'll never get one but I still kinda want one

#500 6 years ago

I'll never get one but I still kinda want one

"Never" is a LONG time!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 209.00
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/10?hl=deadpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.