pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0274 (resized).JPG
raising_the_bar_feature (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #392 Report of AFMR SE delivery! Posted by sandersj (6 years ago)

Post #431 Update from CGC on latest shipping, and details on packaging changes Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #522 Nifty LED information on cool white LED's for AFMR Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #613 Update from Doug on AFMR build status. LE's now in production. Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #711 Production update Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #777 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Post #820 AFM LE delivered! Posted by kidchrisso (6 years ago)

Post #1157 September 1st Update from CGC Posted by CGC_DougS (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 32.
#1 6 years ago

Very pleased to share with the pinball community that Chicago Gaming is on course to start shipping Attack from Mars in May as promised. A lot of effort, money, and time has been spent in designing an incredibly efficient and flexible production line. With almost six months in the making, it was necessary to first move several departments around in our 100,000 plus square foot building to clear the space for our pinball production facility. In the various work cells, production of AFM sub-assemblies is well under way as you can see in the photos. First production test playfields are already on the line as well. By early June we hope to be providing our dealers with a reliable production schedule so that they can inform their customers with some sense of a delivery window.

2017-05-03 12.47.02-1 (resized).jpg2017-05-03 12.47.02-1 (resized).jpg
2017-05-03 11.06.13 (resized).jpg2017-05-03 11.06.13 (resized).jpg
2017-05-03 11.06.48 (resized).jpg2017-05-03 11.06.48 (resized).jpg
2017-05-03 11.07.02 (resized).jpg2017-05-03 11.07.02 (resized).jpg
2017-05-03 11.07.34 (resized).jpg2017-05-03 11.07.34 (resized).jpg
2017-05-03 11.08.17 (resized).jpg2017-05-03 11.08.17 (resized).jpg
2017-05-03 11.09.47 (resized).jpg2017-05-03 11.09.47 (resized).jpg
2017-05-03 11.08.54 (resized).jpg2017-05-03 11.08.54 (resized).jpg
2017-04-20 12.55.39 (resized).jpg2017-04-20 12.55.39 (resized).jpg
2017-04-20 12.56.06 (resized).jpg2017-04-20 12.56.06 (resized).jpg
2017-04-20 12.56.20 (resized).jpg2017-04-20 12.56.20 (resized).jpg
2017-04-20 12.55.13 (resized).jpg2017-04-20 12.55.13 (resized).jpg
2017-04-20 11.55.00 (resized).jpg2017-04-20 11.55.00 (resized).jpg
2017-04-20 11.55.30 (resized).jpg2017-04-20 11.55.30 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Great news Doug, looking forward to my AFMrLE

#3 6 years ago

AWESOME!

#4 6 years ago

Fantastic! I already made room in my game room for AFMr LE #669, can't wait!

#5 6 years ago

I want one.

#6 6 years ago

Wow line pics of both AFMr and DIaled In! have been released. My wallet is starting to get nervous.

#7 6 years ago

Fantastic news! Pictures certainly make it easier to see the progress! A great time to be a CGC Dealer!

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

#8 6 years ago

This is Awesome news!

#9 6 years ago

Thanks Doug ! What a great day for pinball.

And for you first time NIB AFMR owners : Back box key is hanging on a hook inside the coin door. To get into the CGC menu, hold the Escape Button down for five seconds or more until the game goes into the CGC menu. And the leg bolts, and back box bolts are in the cash box. So you'll need to have the game on a pinball cart or something to cut the strap to open the coin door to get them.

And should you have any questions or problems : http://www.chicago-gaming.com/ Under Support open a ticket on the Help Desk. Or contact me.

LTG : )

#10 6 years ago

LMAO using packing foam as a seat rest. Brilliant, but stupid that employers can't take care of their employees better than that. I had to fight mine for months to just get a chair that wasn't a POS 15 year old worn out monstrosity. Sitting all day every day takes a nasty physical toll. The least places could do is provide task-appropriate chairs.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The least places could do is provide task-appropriate chairs.

...and anti-fatigue floor mats.

They make a HUGE difference in a worker's mood by the end of the day. That, plus all the sciencey stuff that makes them good for workers' health, comfort, and longevity...

#12 6 years ago

Get that woman a proper chair! And have you alleviated the faded insert printing issues that were on MMr?

#13 6 years ago

Cool Very exciting!

#14 6 years ago

Wow a thread with an actual update about something useful that isn't about:

1. Why my wife won't approve of me buying pins.
2. I'm gonna single handedly sue the crap out of my pinball vendor if I don't get my game.
3. Hey which kind of pinballs should I use for the 1,349th time. Oh wait...you guys have a search option on Pinside?
4. Pinball 3,000 with this idiotic cardboard box that isn't even funny to a 4 year old.
5. Every stupid Hitler thread.

So thanks again Chicago Gaming.

#15 6 years ago

Thanks the pictures Doug. You guys did an incredible job with MMr and I'm loving mine! Come on AFMr# 804

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Very pleased to share with the pinball community that Chicago Gaming is on course to start shipping Attack from Mars in May as promised. A lot of effort, money, and time has been spent in designing an incredibly efficient and flexible production line. With almost six months in the making, it was necessary to first move several departments around in our 100,000 plus square foot building to clear the space for our pinball production facility. In the various work cells, production of AFM sub-assemblies is well under way as you can see in the photos. First production test playfields are already on the line as well. By early June we hope to be providing our dealers with a reliable production schedule so that they can inform their customers with some sense of a delivery window.

Thanks for the update Doug, can you say if AFMr will have a SOL/scoop protector installed on it and if so will it be a Cliffy or Mantis style protector?

#17 6 years ago

Please install factory mylar on the pops and ball drops!
I hate having to remove everything to install must have protection that should have already been there.

#18 6 years ago

Awesome definitely interested.

Just would like an idea when I can expect to get one.

#19 6 years ago

Great to see the ball rolling 200 games a month they say ?????

#20 6 years ago

Thanks for a fantastic update Doug!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

can you say if AFMr will have a SOL/scoop protector installed on it and if so will it be a Cliffy or Mantis style protector?

That is the plan. Been posted before.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thanks for the update Doug, can you say if AFMr will have a SOL/scoop protector installed on it and if so will it be a Cliffy or Mantis style protector?

We have designed our own protector that probably leans much closer to that of the Mantis style protector; however, we have also added a small custom cut piece of mylar for the top of the hole as well. I hope this helps.

#23 6 years ago

Still waiting for a BBB or a KP

#24 6 years ago

Very cool pictures to see! Thank you for posting!

#25 6 years ago

Thanks for the update. So excited to get my AFMrLE. Look forward to more pics of completed games and games actually going out the door... good times!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from CGC_DougS:

We have designed our own protector that probably leans much closer to that of the Mantis style protector; however, we have also added a small custom cut piece of mylar for the top of the hole as well. I hope this helps.

IMG_7908 (resized).JPGIMG_7908 (resized).JPG

#27 6 years ago

I wish there was an option for the LE buyers to have no mirror blades on the sides. I prefer decals myself or even those sweet looking pingrafix powerblades.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I wish there was an option for the LE buyers to have no mirror blades on the sides. I prefer decals myself or even those sweet looking pingrafix powerblades.

The mirror blades do look pretty sweet on AFMr but I do like the idea of having options (I am also a decal or powerblade guy) but factory options is more Spooky pinball style but they are putting out 300 games a year so I think the efficient and high quality production line should rule all. If that means everyone gets mirror blades - works for me.

#29 6 years ago

I will just say I love stern pinball but my god it is nice to see communication to the pinball community on a forum like this directly from Chicago Gaming. Its just something Stern doesn't seem to do well at all is communicate. I mean even if there was a delay at least the people that have put a deposit down know what's going on. So glad to see things are on track and anxiously waiting on AFM. If only other companies communicated as well I think people would be more understanding.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I will just say I love stern pinball but my god it is nice to see communication to the pinball community on a forum like this directly from Chicago Gaming. Its just something Stern doesn't seem to do well at all is communicate. I mean even if there was a delay at least the people that have put a deposit down know what's going on. So glad to see things are on track and anxiously waiting on AFM. If only other companies communicated as well I think people would be more understanding.

Very much appreciate the nice comments. We are super busy at CGC and I don't have a lot of time to spend on Pinside, but will promise to continue to share information when it is meaningful. In fact, I hope to deliver some new news within the next few days.

#31 6 years ago

Logan Arcade got one of these a couple days ago. It's playing very nice

#32 6 years ago

Super excited to add this to my Bloodshed Deathbath Arcade! Ordered it right as it was announced as I've been waiting to get an Attack From Mars for quite some time, and now I know why I endured that wait

#33 6 years ago

Great news for AFMr!
Any idea if production schedule will also reflect when more MMr will be running again as well?

#34 6 years ago

Doug, will there be a local pick up option available? I preordered AFMLE and would love to transport myself. That said if you guys aren't set up for that I can completely understand. Doesnt hurt to ask.

Thanks so much for the update!

#35 6 years ago

Hi Doug: I'm interested in getting one, but had two questiosn. I played the two that were at Pinfest and the flippers felt a bit weak and the cabinet felt a little bit light compared to the original that was in the free play area. Not major issues or anything that would keep me from getting one. Just thought I'd see if you had any insight as to why. Other than that the game is gorgeous and the upgraded DMD is amazing.

#36 6 years ago

Something to keep in mind is that the modern games do not have huge heavy transformers like the WPC games did. They now use switching power supplies to generate voltages and the units are considerably lighter in weight.

#37 6 years ago

You could always stick a 25lb plate inside the cabinet to give it that heavier feel.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I played the two that were at Pinfest and the flippers felt a bit weak

You can make them stronger in the CGC menu.

#39 6 years ago

Thanks for the info! That makes it even more of a no brainer. Now it's just a matter of figuring out which model to get.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Now it's just a matter of figuring out which model to get.

That's the hard part.

Do you want the standard, or bigger screen and saucer LED show and longer warranty, or bigger screen, more saucer LED show, mirror blades, topper light show and two more saucer LED show up there too, and the big martian hopping up and down, and longer warranty.

Disclaimer : The fall industry show in Chicago when the original AFM was shown, people really loved the Martians hopping up and down. Now 22 years later we get the big one hopping up and down too.

#41 6 years ago

I went LE cause of the topper! So cool!

#42 6 years ago

Is there going to be an option added to turn off the back box lighting for strobe multi-ball? That would be a nice easy feature to add.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You could always stick a 25lb plate inside the cabinet to give it that heavier feel.

Or an old 16mm film projector.

#44 6 years ago

Congratulations! When does Fathom hit the line?

#45 6 years ago

I played this at the Texas Pinball Festival back in March. What an awesome game. I'm hoping to pick up one!

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Is there going to be an option added to turn off the back box lighting for strobe multi-ball? That would be a nice easy feature to add.

Bump for this question...

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

more saucer LED show, mirror blades, topper light show and two more saucer LED show up there too, and the big martian hopping up and down, and longer warranty.

So really only one choice...
The big martian sells it for me! (It gonna scare the hell out of the cat for a few days at least!)

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's the hard part.
Do you want the standard, or bigger screen and saucer LED show and longer warranty, or bigger screen, more saucer LED show, mirror blades, topper light show and two more saucer LED show up there too, and the big martian hopping up and down, and longer warranty.
Disclaimer : The fall industry show in Chicago when the original AFM was shown, people really loved the Martians hopping up and down. Now 22 years later we get the big one hopping up and down too.

We first saw this game at TPF and loved it.
However when we found out CGC was making the games it did not exactly instill confidence in us.
As an arcade owner we have had nothing but trouble and rude tech support with their Redemption games division. So much so that we vowed never to buy another Chicago Gaming game.
But once we found out that Loyd is the tech support for this particular title, all that went out the window. We are in line for an LE and are super excited to be getting one. We talked to Loyd directly at TPF and were very impressed with him (As everyone on Pinside surely is), as well as the rest of the company guys on hand.
While we still will not by another game from the redemption division, the Pinball side looks to be rock solid.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

However when we found out CGC was making the games it did not exactly instill confidence in us.
As an arcade owner we have had nothing but trouble and rude tech support with their Redemption games division. So much so that we vowed never to buy another Chicago Gaming game.
But once we found out that Loyd is the tech support for this particular title, all that went out the window. We are in line for an LE and are super excited to be getting one. We talked to Loyd directly at TPF and were very impressed with him (As everyone on Pinside surely is), as well as the rest of the company guys on hand.
While we still will not by another game from the redemption division, the Pinball side looks to be rock solid.

Lloyd is definitely the man. Also met him at TPF; very impressive guy.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Sounds like LTG needs a raise, PPS is lucky to have Lloyd.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.