(Topic ID: 280313)

CCr CGC next pin

By BallyKISS1978

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cv auction (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    697615A5-101B-4E5D-A7C3-61CBC716463B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    queen (resized).JPG
    DC788C78-3E36-43D3-9F7C-16C7BB884B2E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    D06827E2-BE15-419C-87FD-7BD2D1CC5219 (resized).jpeg
    The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    cant-hold-breath-much-longer (resized).jpeg
    829FEF27-A5E7-4793-9F23-D370282535D5 (resized).jpeg
    deb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

PTC

Not confirmed.

LTG : )

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

An unnamed distributor had said that it was going to be "magical" maybe not confirmed per se but pretty convincing.

I wonder what the named distributors would say ?

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

this was said about monster bash all along.

Monster bash was only one license with Universal who is easy to work with, for all the monsters.

Addams, TZ, IJ, you run into multiple licenses. I'm not saying it's impossible. I just wouldn't get my hopes up. Especially if they start doing non remake games.

Their own games have been in the plans for some time. The Ben Heck/Spooky was posted on Pinside awhile back. And they are working on other things too.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

I have christmas plans you know

Like decorating your house for PTC ?

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

Does anyone ever think CGC leaks incorrect information around to throw everyone off?

No. I think it's more Pinside rumors picked up by distributors, and back and forth.

4 weeks later
    #104 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I would not doubt on the verge of going bankrupt......

Pretty far from it actually.

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Why can’t CGC just make some more MM?

No idea if they will or not.

They are working on the future that is for sure. Remakes and their own titles. They have made a lot of moves in that direction. The Ben Heck/Spooky announcement was here on Pinside. And I'm sure they have other irons in the fire.

#112 3 years ago

At least offer more MM for sale till you announce something.

If the line has the next game going, no room to build it.

You need some revenue coming in.

They have had revenue coming in. MM, upgrade kits. And they sell more than pinball. https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ I don't know if they are doing cabinets or playfields for anyone else. They have in the past.

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

but you fucked up, like big time!

That is a little harsh don't you think ?

They made MM's this year. They made upgrade kits this year. I don't what else they made as far as video games, playfields, and cabinets.

And with the virus shutting so many things down both with companies, employees, and supplies to build stuff.

It's not like they delayed the next release on purpose. I think they like other manufacturers have done an amazing job in the worst of times.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

They make a ton of arcade games... without knowing the size it is easy to assume that they are just using them for Ms Pacman/Galaga cabinets.

Even if we knew the size. They could be for future pins beyond the next one.

With the virus complications. You need to have parts to keep rolling. Not an easy task with parts delays and shipping delays.

1 month later
    #169 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Heard it’s not going to be CC. Possibly TOTAN.

Blasphemy. I heard it's going to be PTC !

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from t2000:

It’s going to be another 2 years it seems.

No. No where near that long.

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

I can think of a whole lot of games I’d remake before Cactus Canyon.
    Especially if my plan is to sell a whole bunch of them.

No way to know if a title will sell a whole bunch until it hits the street. No matter if it was a great title in the past or someone's favorite title.

Time will tell as remakes wind down and original titles roll.

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

Wonder what they based their decisions to go with the first three on?

The only one I'd suggest would be Medieval Madness. At the time the remake was announced at Expo. Beater MM's were clearing $10K. That made remakes a possibility.

The other two and future remakes. I'm sure they take a lot into consideration. Can we trick it up with big display, topper, RGB lighting ? Any potential of adding to existing Williams software ? Not run into licensing issues. Not have to change cabinet or playfield size. What price are existing titles going for and can new ones be sold for current pricing ?

They probably look at a whole lot of variables. Not just think, hey let's make XXXX next.

And they continually make improvements. So when they consider a title. Will it fit into our plan to make the best we can. Remake or the up coming original titles.

#186 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I think CGC, no matter what they choose, is going to disappoint a bunch of people, because almost everyone will be saying "They should have remade [something else] instead."

We'll always have that. Everyone has their favorite pin they'd like to see made.

Maybe why CGC is ramping up to get rolling on independent titles.

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from MakersGaming:

Wasn’t there supposed to be an announcement before

Beyond Pinside speculation. No.

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

What happened to the Mark Ritchie rumor?

Don't know if it was ever anything more than a Pinside rumor. Or the other name rumored.

Sure is going to be an exciting year for CGC. And into the future.

#195 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I seem to recall kosmic chaos mock up at a prevoius MGC .

Spooky not CGC.

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Wasn't Mark tied to this one?

No idea.

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from fossmin:

A large pin distributor that I have bought many pins from and trust says it is Cactus Canyon. The hold up is the writing of new code and features. Expected to be ready late March/early April. Again, just more rumors, but I believe this guy.

Well I read in one of my posts on Pinside that they shelved the next game and moved onto PTC ! Even hired Fred Young to add new call outs to the souped up game/platform.

#242 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

the one thing I know about CGC is they NEVER meet schedule and are never in a hurry to bring new games to market

You got half of this right, at least for now.

1 month later
    #308 3 years ago

It’s like CGC treats there pinball division like the red headed step child. Gives it some attention but not much.

Doesn't sound like it since they hired more designers for future games.

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Who did cgc hire?

Don't forget Ben Heck and Spooky mentioned on Pinside. And a couple others.

Dennis is with American Pinball now, but he'll finish his CGC game.

2 weeks later
    #324 3 years ago

They are doing anything but resting over there.

2 weeks later
    #355 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

PPS use to supply JJP with parts as JJP was going to build the remakes.

Really ?First I ever heard of this.

CGC was going to build them. The initial announcement, and 1,000 sold right away. No one was prepared for that. Stern was contracted to build them. Just got up to speed and moved to the new place. Had to start over. CGC has been doing them ever since.

Pinball Sales was a distributor at the time of the announcement.

#357 3 years ago
    Quoted from happyclan:

Because they're letting their trademarks lapse for one...

I doubt it. PPS bought the IPB assets in the bankruptcy auction/or sale.

2 weeks later
    #393 3 years ago
    Quoted from randomdoohickey:

Among the WPC-95 games, I agree that CV seems the most desired by both players and operators

Maybe not operators. Huge commercial flop. Better ROM is free play only.

When I needed money in mid 2000's, it was the first to go. Buck or two a week on 50¢ a game play.

#395 3 years ago

CV seems to do very well,

Unless you are the operator and have access to the cashbox. Seems to do very well is unknown.

#405 3 years ago
    Quoted from curban:

So why did CV bomb on location?

You may never know. Until a game hits the streets, then you know good or not.

Quoted from curban:

Was it just primarily a victim of timing?

Wasn't for me. I didn't get it when it came out. Picked it up early 2000's as pinball was growing at my location. All pinball machines then were on 50¢ play. Very few people tried it. Very few played it again. The one I had was mint. Purple backbox scrolls. High wire act worked perfectly. And nobody cared.

Quoted from curban:

Was it the last Williams before pin2000’s?

No. Cactus Canyon was.

Quoted from curban:

I’ve probably only played ~10 games, but the machine seems absolutely loaded,

Did the one you play have the home ROM in it ? I've heard that really improves the game. Though free play only, wouldn't have done me any good.

#419 3 years ago

Then on the pinball side, you had things like Diamond Plate and improved electronics reliability keeping machines around a lot longer.

Which let operators move a pin from their top locations, to their lower tier locations and have a good looking game in a lesser location.

and the operators did a modicum of regular maintenance,

Because income was dropping from pins like a rock. Maintained or not, they earned the same.

#425 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Yes to some extent the home console hurt the biz bad. Arcade game would get released ( Say Blitz 99) and 3 months later the home version was released . Operators did not have enough time to pay off the machines at close to $5000.00 each...

The Michael Jackson Moonwalker game was released to the home consoles first.

#426 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Arcade game would get released ( Say Blitz 99) and 3 months later the home version was released .

Often it wasn't anywhere near 3 months.

It was Midway or maybe Namco that promised to give ops three months before a game was released to the home market.

No way you are making $5K+ in that short of a time frame.

Of course a game like Midway's War Gods was dead in the water in less than a month. Expensive but made a nice cabinet for a conversion.

#433 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Summer time I'm guessing...

PTC I'm guessing.

#435 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

PtC would be an excellent reveal.

I can see it now. Big animated clown topper. Side mirrors, RGB lighting, shaker motor. Custom Fred Young call outs. It will sell like hot cakes. Come on CGC. Get it done !

#440 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Punchy the Clown is NOT a convicted sex criminal...he was just trying to shove that sheep over the fence.

That's right. Who knew sheep could talk.

#449 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

LTG you dont have to wait for the remake! One on the market now.

Yes I do. I can afford a pin right now. And probably not for a long time. When CGC does PTC, I'll get one for tech support.

Thank you for the heads up though.

4 months later
    #461 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

I bet its something that you will have a gunfight and there's some sort of a revolver to pull from the holster attached to the pinball machine and you shoot at the topper.

I would suspect something more flipper controlled. Than a light gun in a holster bolted to the cabinet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-next-pin?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.