(Topic ID: 280313)

CCr CGC next pin

By BallyKISS1978

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cv auction (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    697615A5-101B-4E5D-A7C3-61CBC716463B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    queen (resized).JPG
    DC788C78-3E36-43D3-9F7C-16C7BB884B2E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    D06827E2-BE15-419C-87FD-7BD2D1CC5219 (resized).jpeg
    The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    cant-hold-breath-much-longer (resized).jpeg
    829FEF27-A5E7-4793-9F23-D370282535D5 (resized).jpeg
    deb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happyclan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from RooDoom:

This email just came in from Brian Allen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, coincidence?
    [quoted image]

How long are we looking from announcement to actual shipping? Guess obviously. And no not on the backglass...i want the pin to put it in!

#143 3 years ago
    Quoted from FlippinJB:

If it's Whitewater, I'm in!!!

me too! Glad it's not Cactus Canyon ... until it is and I buy anyway.

1 week later
    #161 3 years ago

We should just reduce the speculation down to the list of trademarks that Williams transferred to SG Gaming (who bought Bally's). 3 out of 3 CGC games are on here. https://bit.ly/2KbbIJ4

WW is a dead mark. https://bit.ly/37VtEPN List of Dead marks attached. RIP BBB? I have no idea what it means practically. I just know that assignment of marks had 3 out of 3 by CGC.

Did anyone notice the Black Knight Sword of Rage (Pro) ? It's a Stern game, assuming under license. Two things stand out: (1) WMS filed for it in Mar. 2019 and (2) it's on the list from the assignment above. The trend seems more that the assignment list is the menu they're monetizing. Why? I don't know. Not sure why it's a subset of the portfolio of games they made while alive. There are ongoing maintenance and professional fees with holding a mark. I don't know the history but it looks like WMS was hit hard ~2000?

I'm a patent attorney but do very, very little trademark work. I'm probably missing something. If you have ideas, throw them out and I'll dig when I have time. None of this is legal advice. It's actually addiction counseling advice.

Stay well.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #164 3 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

also, no TZ, TAF, IJTPA, ST:TNG ...maybe because of the license issues? Perhaps those licenses can't be included because they are entangled with other parties. Although that would explain WH20. EDIT: Ahhh I see that their WH20 trademark was canceled (I wonder why?).

Gotta get the rights probably. I’m honestly surprised we can get parts for these games.

1 month later
    #247 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Yep I heard the same thing too... 3 years ago! I heard the next pin now is Moon Patrol.

There's an original theme for a game....80s Arcade. All the sounds of Dig Dug, PacMan, Centipede, etc. The sounds alone would be awesome, even that Moon Patrol beat. Tell me you're not moving to this:

#249 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

What...no Pinball Tycoon??

Ha. At this point I'd buy Flappy Bird if CGC made it.

1 month later
    #274 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

The last thing I would want is for CGC to try to do a Stern-style music-themed pin - regardless of what band they choose. No thank you.
    Even remaking Popeye would be better than this...(though maybe only a little).

No more ancient rock bands. The hobby needs to attract new people or this whole experiment ends. We only get there with either licensed themes on games and movies. It's not easy to find timeless pop culture. But no one wants a Buddy Holly pinball machine for some reason...it's like all the people who grew up on it are gone.

And the Bible. DR has that cornered.

#279 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Queen is still relevant today and the movie Bohemian Rhapsody was a huge hit. My kids are aged 13 to 26 and they all love Queen. GnR is ancient as you say and that sold very very well. And ancient guys like me born in the 70’s who have the money and point in life to buy pins. Queen would be a massive hit and I know would sell amazingly.
    CGC will pretty much be printing money. Queen is still mainstream. Hell, a cruise line used a Queen song for its commercial. You are wrong about ancient rock bands. Led Zeppelin is selling well and there is a demand there. Rock n Roll music and playing pinball is a match made in heaven.
    Those who grew up listening to Queen and playing pinball will definitely have interest. Even casual fans of Queen will also. I don’t know many people who change the channel when a Queen song comes on the radio. And make a Queen a pin, day one the second preorder goes live for me. Wont even have to ask the wife.
    She would just look at me and say “DUH! Hell yes I want it.”

Dude, Queen is great. No argument there. I like the music. Wouldn't say a fan, but you're right about the tune coming on and having a smile on my face.

My point's more about continuing the art of pinball. You grew up pinball. I did too, albeit on DMD early 90s stuff (born in 80). But we both grew up having a pin burned into our brains. How do you get that same experience for kids? Addams Family was a killer pin and family focused so it brought in the kids. Now it's bringing in adults, with money like you say.

Hell, Queen could be timeless. Who knows. Beethoven's timeless. I'm reminded of that Futurama where Fry is listening to Sir Mix a Lot and Bender says, "ah listening to classical I see."

1 month later
    #356 3 years ago

Because they're letting their trademarks lapse for one...

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #378 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I doubt it. PPS bought the IPB assets in the bankruptcy auction/or sale.
    LTG : )

You doubt the actual trademark database? I confuse.

#379 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

That is interesting. Based on that status changed in Feb this year, PPS has shelved any plans for that remake.

I've been watching that mark because they stopped paying maintenance fees a while ago, so we were just waiting for the USPTO to give it a proper Christian burial.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happyclan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-next-pin?tu=happyclan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.