(Topic ID: 280313)

CCr CGC next pin

By BallyKISS1978

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cv auction (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    697615A5-101B-4E5D-A7C3-61CBC716463B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    queen (resized).JPG
    DC788C78-3E36-43D3-9F7C-16C7BB884B2E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    D06827E2-BE15-419C-87FD-7BD2D1CC5219 (resized).jpeg
    The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    cant-hold-breath-much-longer (resized).jpeg
    829FEF27-A5E7-4793-9F23-D370282535D5 (resized).jpeg
    deb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 3 years ago

My first NIB purchase was MBr Se. Is there any speculation on or when there next title will be announced?

Or will it be a while and will they keep making AFM and MB and possibly some more MM? New to the hobby since last year and now have 8 pins. Wish I started earlier in life.

#3 3 years ago

Theater of magic confirmed

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Has it really been confirmed? I heard Kaneda mention Theater but I didn’t know it’s been confirmed. Where did you hear that?

#5 3 years ago

I was happy when it was CC, if it's TOM I'm going to have to tell the wife we have another pinball coming.

#6 3 years ago

PTC

Not confirmed.

LTG : )

#7 3 years ago

CGTBL would be a good choice. Hopefully not TOM. Cirques Voltaire would be killer also. Wonder if AF would have licensing issues though??

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Wonder if AF would have licensing issues though??

I’m pretty sure TAF would be a licensing nightmare. Any ensemble cast would be tough from a licensing standpoint.

#9 3 years ago

An unnamed distributor had said that it was going to be "magical" maybe not confirmed per se but pretty convincing.

Quoted from Krupps4:

Has it really been confirmed? I heard Kaneda mention Theater but I didn’t know it’s been confirmed. Where did you hear that?

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

An unnamed distributor had said that it was going to be "magical" maybe not confirmed per se but pretty convincing.

I wonder what the named distributors would say ?

#11 3 years ago

PTC it is... in before the lock!
    Well after #LTG

#12 3 years ago

What game would PTC be? I'm stumped!

#13 3 years ago

I know it’s not Addams but that would be insta-buy for me .

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from kms_pinball:

What game would PTC be? I'm stumped!

Punchy the Clown

0392af7f9945f31308cad64af845bdf0342cea38 (resized).jpg0392af7f9945f31308cad64af845bdf0342cea38 (resized).jpg
    #15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m pretty sure TAF would be a licensing nightmare. Any ensemble cast would be tough from a licensing standpoint.

Most definitely would be a nightmare. A Hellraiser of a nightmare.

#16 3 years ago

Stop talking about PTC, my fear is that CGC starts to consider it for real as there seems to be demand for it

#17 3 years ago

Was Keith McTeeth moonlighting as Punchy the Clown?

Backglass (resized).jpgBackglass (resized).jpg
    #18 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I wonder what the named distributors would say ?

you know what I know. when you buy many pins from a distributor you get inside information. part of the deal. they wont tell you the name per se but they will give you hints. IT HAPPENS. i am in for TOM when it comes out.

#19 3 years ago

this was said about monster bash all along. if CGC are going to make these games there is a list of them they are contemplating. adams has to be on the list.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

Stop talking about PTC, my fear is that CGC starts to consider it for real as there seems to be demand for it

Really should be showing the game with the pf plastics off. It will induce nightmares and scare off any interested buyers.

#21 3 years ago

I purchased all 3 le from cgc. If they don't release the name of their new game shortly, then I am going to stern for a JP. Come on cgc all we need is a name. Then I can make a better decision

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

I purchased all 3 le from cgc. If they don't release the name of their new game shortly, then I am going to stern for a JP. Come on cgc all we need is a name. Then I can make a better decision

I’m hoping that CGC’s silence means we are in for a bit of a surprise.

#23 3 years ago

Sadly CGC has fallen way behind! JJP was lambasted for the silence and no updates.

#24 3 years ago

I hope it's Big Bang Bar....

It's a remake of a remake so in theory will be BBBRR, which sounds like your are cold...& perfect for the winter.

#25 3 years ago

If this is the Spooky-CGC collaboration I am in... especially with a Lament Configuration toy. Spooky Charlie and his cenobites have such pleasures to show us.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

If this is the Spooky-CGC collaboration I am in.

A Spooky-CGC collaboration would be most intriguing to me. Don’t get me wrong, the remakes are great, but there are a lot of great pins out there competing for dollars and I’m not sure how a remake will stack up to one of those at about the same price point. I say that knowing the remakes have done well in the past, but to me it feels like a bit of a different landscape right now.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sadly CGC has fallen way behind! JJP was lambasted for the silence and no updates.

JJP was lambasted more for announcing POTC way too early and letting the hype wither on the vine before they were ready to ship. They’ve figured out that Stern has it right, don’t announce until you’ve got games coming off the line. CGC may have puzzled this out as well.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Pinball Arcade already laid the groundwork. Christopher Lloyd and Pugsley held out so you’d still have to work on them.

#29 3 years ago

I don’t see why people are looking for it to be TOM... there are always nice TOMs out there and if you have 6k cash in hand you can have one. Then again I guess AFM was kind of the same and that worked out pretty well..

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

I don’t see why people are looking for it to be TOM... there are always nice TOMs out there and if you have 6k cash in hand you can have one. Then again I guess AFM was kind of the same and that worked out pretty well..

AFM was much higher than 6K before the CGC remake rumors were out there.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I know it’s not Addams but that would be insta-buy for me .

Me too. Can never find a fair priced in good condition AF. I love my 2 remakes. Would definitely get another one.

#32 3 years ago

Yeah, if CGC puts in a little legwork on licensing, I imagine AF, IJ, and TZ would all sell very well.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Yeah, if CGC puts in a little legwork on licensing, I imagine AF, IJ, and TZ would all sell very well.

My guess is IJ would demand the most money...great examples of that game are north of $10K

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

this was said about monster bash all along.

Monster bash was only one license with Universal who is easy to work with, for all the monsters.

Addams, TZ, IJ, you run into multiple licenses. I'm not saying it's impossible. I just wouldn't get my hopes up. Especially if they start doing non remake games.

Their own games have been in the plans for some time. The Ben Heck/Spooky was posted on Pinside awhile back. And they are working on other things too.

#35 3 years ago

I was told buy someone who claimed inside knowledge that it is TOM. Again not confirmed but said it came from an employee directly. I really hope this is true. Come on and let's see it cgc. I have christmas plans you know

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

I have christmas plans you know

Like decorating your house for PTC ?

#37 3 years ago

My biggest fear is it WILL be TOM and I have to go tell the wife I am either selling a kidney or she can authorize the purchase, but by hook or by crook, I am getting a CGC TOMrLE machine for my 59th birthday... I’ll argue we can enjoy it and wait until they do the TAFrLE, and then sell TOM to fund that purchase.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

AFM was much higher than 6K before the CGC remake rumors were out there.

Was it? I thought it was 6-6500. Which is why a lot of people didn’t think it made sense but with new people in the hobby and the upgrades they do. It’s nice having a new version

#39 3 years ago

I really don't get the whole secretive game theory.....I kinda get it with Stern since they want u to buy now, but with CGC it makes no sense. If its a remake it is what it is....I could argue it helps them during these down times as people might prefer their remake to anything Stern or JJP is putting out, and want to say their $ for the new remake. That being said the market risk has gone up significantly as they've already made the three obvious titles especially if TZ, IJ, TAF are off the board.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I really don't get the whole secretive game theory..

Me either... but secrecy drives hype and speculation, even on a recreation, which is marketing gold to be mined, or so they say.

I’m in for almost any of the Jpop recreations, but only because they are fun to play. TAF (if and when) is a instant purchase because it’s a favorite of the wife (who has tie breaking veto power on all large transactions) but She has surprised me in the past, especially when I asked her if we could get MBrCE and she was “No” and I was all “well I tried” and she then said, “we are getting the LE” and I was “you sure?, the SE is a bargain...” and it was “what, and pass on THAT topper??!?”

The other pins on the short list are way harder sells, especially BBB, IJ, or name any other 90’s B/W... AFMrLE almost got her to jump on the CGC bandwagon but it was Universal Classic Monsters that really did the trick.

I’m just afraid she is going to hold out for TAF for our second CGC title.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

My distributor said cactus canyon.

#42 3 years ago

I can't believe TOM would be a big seller. Nice used examples can easily be found for around the same price as a NIB CGC. MM, AFM and MB were all at least $8k-9k+ before the remake. I'm just not sure all that many people would be clamoring for a TOM just to get one that's *new*.

#43 3 years ago

I hope that's the case.

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

My distributor said cactus canyon.

#44 3 years ago

I guess it has been CC all the time, but its good to spend time speculating other possibilities as well while waiting for the release
    Interesting to see what kind of package awaits us codewise!

#45 3 years ago

If it really is Cactus Canyon, who wishes to take bets that the game will magically and inexplicably rise to top five when it is rereleased?

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

I guess it has been CC all the time, but its good to spend time speculating other possibilities as well while waiting for the release
    Interesting to see what kind of package awaits us codewise!

If it is CC I wouldn't get your hopes up for new code. For months leading up to the Monster Bash reveal it was rumored that it would be released with a new, polished rule set.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

If it really is Cactus Canyon, who wishes to take bets that the game will magically and inexplicably rise to top five when it is rereleased?

Doesn't every 'new' game pop to the top and then revert to mean over time?!

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kwoody51:

Doesn't every 'new' game pop to the top and then revert to mean over time?!

Correct. But this isn't new. Just weird how when someone owns a game it automatically is the best game ever.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Correct. But this isn't new. Just weird how when someone owns a game it automatically is the best game ever.

Hence 'new' in quotes CC is such a limited games that many likely haven't played it. Thus if re-released and it's 'new' it will become the next best game that people have never played before.

I mean if I spend $6k+ on a new game you better believe that's going to be the best game I have ever played.... otherwise why would I buy it?!

I totally get your point and please know I'm making some fun!

To add some content to this thread of value I was under the impression that TOM would be the next game released, however I have NO insight to this. CC would be interesting but I wonder if that would do as well as TOM. I've played CC and TOM and prefer TOM in both theme and gameplay.

#50 3 years ago

CC is a great theme, and fun game, but I just don't see them selling a 1000 CC LE's with shitty code...

There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-next-pin?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.