(Topic ID: 280313)

CCr CGC next pin

By BallyKISS1978

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cv auction (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    697615A5-101B-4E5D-A7C3-61CBC716463B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    queen (resized).JPG
    DC788C78-3E36-43D3-9F7C-16C7BB884B2E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    D06827E2-BE15-419C-87FD-7BD2D1CC5219 (resized).jpeg
    The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    cant-hold-breath-much-longer (resized).jpeg
    829FEF27-A5E7-4793-9F23-D370282535D5 (resized).jpeg
    deb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG

There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
    #301 3 years ago

I think that CGC is waiting on reproducing more remakes until after they are ready to gear up and build their first OG title... during this pandemic, you probably got only one shot at producing a title that maintains the hype for the brand. I’m expecting this OG title to be epic- worthy of the entire CGC treatment, with unbelievable theme integration, it will literally stab your eyes out with it’s stunning beauty, flow, animation, callouts, and design. To pull this rabbit out of their magic hat, I would imagine the purchasing department is going ape shit trying to get deliveries and parts delivered for both the next remake and the next OG title, which could prove daunting during Covid. My guess is they will announce both titles within a short time period, selling out all remakes and their original title by tying some form of loyalty program to the purchase of both... you get 2 LE's for the price of two SE's or buy the OG LE title and get a price break on any future remake... or some other way to get you to drop $18K-$20K.

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I think that CGI is waiting on reproducing more remakes

CGI? Maybe no more remakes? Maybe PPS doesn't want to wait? or is it PPI?

#303 3 years ago

Maybe they are making RAZA for DR?

#305 3 years ago

You heard it here first, it’s going to be VAr!!

#306 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

CGI? Maybe no more remakes? Maybe PPS doesn't want to wait? or is it PPI?

Autocorrect did not like CGC... but for some reason it does like CGI, so I guess technology likes technology...

#307 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

You heard it here first, it’s going to be VAr!!

That there is funny...

#308 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It’s like CGC treats there pinball division like the red headed step child. Gives it some attention but not much.

Doesn't sound like it since they hired more designers for future games.

LTG : )

#309 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Who did cgc hire? I know they have a Nordman design on the list but that’s all I’ve kept up with

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Who did cgc hire?

Don't forget Ben Heck and Spooky mentioned on Pinside. And a couple others.

Dennis is with American Pinball now, but he'll finish his CGC game.

#311 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That’s definitely hopeful

#312 3 years ago

Can't wait to see the Dennis Nordman upcoming pins. The timing won't happen, but it would be funny to see several of his titles from the various manufacturers get released at once....

1 week later
    #313 3 years ago

Soooooo... is game #4 here yet? Just doing my monthly check-in.

#314 3 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Soooooo... is game #4 here yet? Just doing my monthly check-in.

Time to change up to semi annual check in

#315 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Time to change up to semi annual check in

Annually might make even more sense.

#316 3 years ago

MBr was in 2018.
    A chance to see next one 3 years later?

Is CC the more obvious to come? Or any else, BBB, TOM, TOTAN...?

#317 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

MBr was in 2018.

hahahha at this point I want any of them :-p

#318 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

hahahha at this point I want any of

Soon .... 2022 is right around the corner !

#319 3 years ago

I would love a TOTAN with with all the CGC trimmings on it.

#320 3 years ago

I Just want them all! I don’t care what they are! Must’ve been dreamin again

#321 3 years ago

This thread is soooo sad. Someone please kill it and put it out of misery

#322 3 years ago

This thread, the Deeproot one as well. Kill them off until something is actually announced.

#323 3 years ago

R.I.P. CGC

#324 3 years ago

They are doing anything but resting over there.

#325 3 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I would love a TOTAN with with all the CGC trimmings on it.

Only if there's some code tweeks. Especially if Soren makes this happen on the original .

#326 3 years ago

I think we will see multiple games available when they finally make an announcement. Cactus Canyon and Arabian Nights or Theatre of Magic.

#327 3 years ago
    Quoted from twinmice:

I think we will see multiple games available when they finally make an announcement. Cactus Canyon and Arabian Nights or Theatre of Magic.

This would be sick.

#328 3 years ago

Shoot at this point I’d be happy if they would just re-run MMR :-/

#329 3 years ago

Shoot at this point I’d be happy if they would just re-run MMR :-/

they could release clothing and I'd be happy for a bit

1 week later
    #330 3 years ago

Now almost April.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #331 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

MBr was in 2018.

No more remakes by CGC. They are done with those. “No Mas.” Original titles now until their next home run. Go CGC! No totan, cc and Tom from CGC. It was originally 10 remake titles then 6, then 4 and now 3. Those three are out! PPS may try another group to manufacture but would not be one of the major Chicago ones in my opinion. To many burned bridges.

Legal Disclaimer: This is an opinion or view for discussion purposes only due to our buddy who always threatens lawsuits or other legal means. This buddy promised the title three years ago right after the MBr release in 2018. Right after maybe over three years in another moment of time.

#332 3 years ago

Wait What? No Cactus Canyon? No way...

#333 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Wait What? No Cactus Canyon? No way...

Why were you promised or legally threatened? Frank Azar the “Strong Arm” can help! https://www.fdazar.com/

#334 3 years ago

I was just told I didn’t know what the hell I was talking about, but I did even though I didn’t know it at the time.

#335 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

I was just told I didn’t know what the hell I was talking about, but I did even though I didn’t know it at the time.

As in the movie Tommy Boy:

“SHUT UP RICHARD!”
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#336 3 years ago
    697615A5-101B-4E5D-A7C3-61CBC716463B (resized).jpeg697615A5-101B-4E5D-A7C3-61CBC716463B (resized).jpeg
    #337 3 years ago

Wooohooo... more of nothing from CGC....

#338 3 years ago

Too busy making foosball coffee tables.

#339 3 years ago

From MMr production thread.. I guess we now know what they're not doing...

Quoted from sprite:

I emailed them, this was the response:
    Thanks for reaching out to Chicago Gaming, and your interest in Medieval
    Madness.
    Currently Medieval Madness is not in production and we have not announced
    any plans to rerelease this title.

#340 3 years ago

Crickets move along nothing STILL to see here.

#341 3 years ago

From MMr production thread.. I guess we now know what they're not doing...

Yeah no more. I don’t understand why everyone one can’t understand this. CGC is done on remakes. They will have true innovation on new titles. They will have a lot of buyers and no splitting the pot!

#342 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

They will have true innovation on new titles. They will have a lot of buyers and no splitting the pot!

And no pins being produced! Almost thought I was in DeepRoot thread!

#343 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Yeah no more. I don’t understand why everyone one can’t understand this. CGC is done on remakes. They will have true innovation on new titles. They will have a lot of buyers and no splitting the pot!

One more (Cactus Canyon) and then you might be right

#344 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

You can't be serious. You think CGC is having any problem selling remakes? Look at all the demand still for MMr. There is plenty of demand because it is a timeless classic. MMr, AFr and MBr are the tip of the iceberg IMHO.

#345 3 years ago
    Quoted from CosmoJoe:

You can't be serious. You think CGC is having any problem selling remakes? Look at all the demand still for MMr. There is plenty of demand because it is a timeless classic. MMr, AFr and MBr are the tip of the iceberg IMHO.

Farm it out to AP... there builds are closest to original Williams games, customer service is spectacular.
    If keeping money their pocket is the goal this can't be correct because I thought they did a crossover deal to build for Spooky ?

#346 3 years ago

I’m very interested to see what is next. I’m also very interested to see if my wife lets me buy it!

#347 3 years ago
    Quoted from CosmoJoe:

You think CGC is having any problem selling remakes?

No not at all. But that doesn't mean that they are making (enough) money. Or selling enough games. The name of the game here is making money. The secrecy business model is very strange and leads to thoughts of impending doom with no new release in years. It is possible that they just taking a break from remake production and pursuing their own title. Hopefully (if this is what is really happening) they come up with something that is remarkably better than Vacation America.

#348 3 years ago
    Quoted from CosmoJoe:

MMr was a home run. AFMr sold slow and MBr sold slow. They have to split profit with PPS and Williams Bally. Too many cooks in the kitchen. PPS use to supply JJP with parts as JJP was going to build the remakes. Stern built the first runs of MMr remakes. Then CGC started. You loose cabinet building for JJP and Stern you loose revenue. Stern then moved playfeild manufacturing away from CGC. CGC has a great assembly production line. You can’t have so much up and down time. You have to run all the time. The remakes don’t allow that. Plus PPS sells and delivers all parts. Another revenue line they miss out on. Your own titles you can control. You can switch between products. CC would be horrible seller. Only reason loved as few made. With cactus canyon continued added it is a great game. You aren’t going to sell 1500 copies of that game. Tom and totan more of the same. Sorry guys. CGC is making the right choice. Stern on LE’s alone sold 2000 games in 14 months. That is 10,000 le games since the launch of MMr. CGC le’s 3000. AFMr and MBr le’s you could get NIB for around 6-12 after launch. As you know LE’s aren’t the only seller it was used as a reference. Stern LE’s are sold out immediately. The last two remakes were not.

#349 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

MMr was a home run. AFMr sold slow and MBr sold slow. They have to split profit with PPS and Williams Bally. Too many cooks in the kitchen. PPS use to supply JJP with parts as JJP was going to build the remakes. Stern built the first runs of MMr remakes. Then CGC started. You loose cabinet building for JJP and Stern you loose revenue. Stern then moved playfeild manufacturing away from CGC. CGC has a great assembly production line. You can’t have so much up and down time. You have to run all the time. The remakes don’t allow that. Plus PPS sells and delivers all parts. Another revenue line they miss out on. Your own titles you can control. You can switch between products. CC would be horrible seller. Only reason loved as few made. With cactus canyon continued added it is a great game. You aren’t going to sell 1500 copies of that game. Tom and totan more of the same. Sorry guys. CGC is making the right choice. Stern on LE’s alone sold 2000 games in 14 months. That is 10,000 le games since the launch of MMr. CGC le’s 3000. AFMr and MBr le’s you could get NIB for around 6-12 after launch. As you know LE’s aren’t the only seller it was used as a reference. Stern LE’s are sold out immediately. The last two remakes were not.

I agree that the top 3 were the can't miss prospects, MM, AFM and MB for CGC/PPS to remake. Mainly, I think CGC was targeting machines that were uber rated and had low original run rates, like those 3, all at the end for B/W. CC was another low run rate and at the end of B/W's run as well, so it fit the mold. I would not be surprised if they re-considered doing remakes like CC and TOM as these would not sell like the top 3 even if in some cases the run rate was low. Maybe they are re-considering remakes that had high original run rates but sell well on the secondary market like IJ IPA. IJ IPA WOULD sell. It is what they should be doing next regarding remake titles, license issues and wide body not withstanding.

There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-next-pin/page/7?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.