(Topic ID: 280313)

CCr CGC next pin

By BallyKISS1978

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cv auction (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    697615A5-101B-4E5D-A7C3-61CBC716463B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    queen (resized).JPG
    DC788C78-3E36-43D3-9F7C-16C7BB884B2E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    D06827E2-BE15-419C-87FD-7BD2D1CC5219 (resized).jpeg
    The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    cant-hold-breath-much-longer (resized).jpeg
    829FEF27-A5E7-4793-9F23-D370282535D5 (resized).jpeg
    deb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 3 years ago

I’m callin’ it:

Cactus Canyon for the imminent 2021 remake release.

Queen for the original CGC machine.

#252 3 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

I’m callin’ it:
    Queen for the original CGC machine.

Queen would be a day one minute order. Do they even have the license?

#253 3 years ago

Thought Stern had the Queen licence?

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from jokerpoker:

I do not think anyone has the Queen licence. Just a rumour.

#255 3 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

I’m callin’ it:

Queen for the original CGC machine

Cactus canyon .... 20??

Original a quick 5 years after that .

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Queen would be a day one minute order. Do they even have the license?

Absolutely agreed that Queen would be an immediate must-order. All I know is that the original design CGC machine is “going to be epic”, and a tech acquaintance insists it’s 90%+ going to be Queen. I’m out here on the prediction limb because this “source” is a no-BS guy and I’ve wanted a Queen machine for 30+ years.

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from jokerpoker:

If my “guy” is wrong, then I hope Stern will make a Queen pin soon.

#258 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I do not think anyone has the Queen licence. Just a rumour.

Fair enough. Here’s hoping my “guy” is correct, though. Queen would be a chart-topping theme.

#259 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Cactus canyon .... 20??
    Original a quick 5 years after that .

Both allegedly for 2021 release.

#260 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #261 3 years ago

The wait is really getting crazy. I'm amazed they are mostly missing one of the best times ever to be selling new pinball machines. Sure, they made more MMr last year but obviously WAY underestimated the demand. I really hope the wait isn't much longer but definitely not holding my breath.

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

definitely not holding my breath.

cant-hold-breath-much-longer (resized).jpegcant-hold-breath-much-longer (resized).jpeg
    #263 3 years ago

That was me this past fall!

#264 3 years ago

Anyone else hate when this thread gets a bonfire icon...

#265 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Anyone else hate when this thread gets a bonfire icon...

Just do what I do when it happens to the Deeproot thread and imagine it’s a dumpster fire.

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

Well, Pinball Brothers had/have Queen license.

Would be nice if CGC beat them to it!

#267 3 years ago

I would love a Queen pin although my hope would be JJP would make the game and not Stern

#268 3 years ago

NEW Podcast Alert! And it's a GREAT one!

The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 1: Tom Kopera

Host: Matt Morrison
    Special Guest: Tom Kopera

TPSI Host Matt Morrison sits down with pinball creator and engineer extraordinaire Tom Kopera to discuss his work throughout the decades. Tom gives a Behind The Curtain Tour for Cactus Canyon and the thoughts about a possible remake of the title. Mr. Kopera also discusses engineering some of the iconic pinball mechanisms from the 1990's, as well as his most recent and continued work at Stern Pinball.

The Pinball Show would like to express appreciation and huge thanks to Tom Kopera for joining us. We are excited to see what he develops next! Thanks Tom!

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    streaming: twitch.tv/thepinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-iq5qu-fb9dfc

The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpgThe Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    #269 3 years ago

Sorry all - yawn - I like Queen but another music pin from a band that hits a certain age group who has money.

If anything is getting played in the pinball world it is the pinpoint targeting of a demographic that has money to spend on bands from yester-year.

I hate to say it the only company who likely can afford the license would be Stern and they can find a way to ruin a theme faster than anyone. I don't see any of the Stern titles lately being bolt to the floor stuff. I see huge hype of a pin like Led Zeppelin as an example of how to be super in demand and then just fall into normal everyday stuff. All the music pins have some limitations (limited appeal, limited license, etc.) and when compared to JJP GNR on what they can do (like GNR or not) it is hard to say anyone can get the kind of cooperation from a band like they did. Do you really think someone can afford Queen's license to do it right?

I think the best plan for CCG is to stick to solid remakes and maybe an original title with an experienced designer. Sure Queen the theme would be good but come on they will limit songs and honestly I am not looking for a jukebox pinball like they say Led Zeppelin is supposedly (not played it - not a huge fan of the band so won't own it, I think it is ugly too).

Everyone has a dream theme and a company who should manufacture it. I don't think you would want CCG have their first original pinball a licensed music theme.

#270 3 years ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

I don't think you would want CCG have their first original pinball a licensed music theme.

You seem to be forgetting about this gem.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/vacation-america

#271 3 years ago

Well, Heighway could afford and did have the licence and got as far as this......

#272 3 years ago

The last thing I would want is for CGC to try to do a Stern-style music-themed pin - regardless of what band they choose. No thank you.

Even remaking Popeye would be better than this...(though maybe only a little).

#273 3 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

Fair enough. Here’s hoping my “guy” is correct, though. Queen would be a chart-topping theme.

I hope your guy is right too!

#274 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

The last thing I would want is for CGC to try to do a Stern-style music-themed pin - regardless of what band they choose. No thank you.

No more ancient rock bands. The hobby needs to attract new people or this whole experiment ends. We only get there with either licensed themes on games and movies. It's not easy to find timeless pop culture. But no one wants a Buddy Holly pinball machine for some reason...it's like all the people who grew up on it are gone.

And the Bible. DR has that cornered.

#275 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, Heighway could afford and did have the licence and got as far as this......

Dang,
    That looks like a fun game.

#276 3 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

Man I hope your guy is right. If done right Queen would blow away GNR and Led Zeppelin. Queen has to be one of the greatest bands ever and I am a huge LZ fan.

Freddie’s voice is hard to beat and the music is a heart pumping masterpiece. We Will Rock You alone would make a killer multiball. Have Bohemian Rhapsody start a mode and when the hard part kicks in have a 6 multiball start at that moment.

Fat Bottom Girls, Some Body To Love, Under Pressure, Killer Queen, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, and so many more. Definitely would be an LE purchase for me.

Boy I hope this is true and happens. Queen would be the one all be all Rock pin if done right.

#277 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Dang,
    That looks like a fun game.

Sure was a great licence they had - LIVE QUEEN.

I see they had power chords in that game, just like GnR!

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from happyclan:

No more ancient rock bands. The hobby needs to attract new people or this whole experiment ends. We only get there with either licensed themes on games and movies. It's not easy to find timeless pop culture. But no one wants a Buddy Holly pinball machine for some reason...it's like all the people who grew up on it are gone.
    And the Bible. DR has that cornered.

Queen is still relevant today and the movie Bohemian Rhapsody was a huge hit. My kids are aged 13 to 26 and they all love Queen. GnR is ancient as you say and that sold very very well. And ancient guys like me born in the 70’s who have the money and point in life to buy pins. Queen would be a massive hit and I know would sell amazingly.

CGC will pretty much be printing money. Queen is still mainstream. Hell, a cruise line used a Queen song for its commercial. You are wrong about ancient rock bands. Led Zeppelin is selling well and there is a demand there. Rock n Roll music and playing pinball is a match made in heaven.

Those who grew up listening to Queen and playing pinball will definitely have interest. Even casual fans of Queen will also. I don’t know many people who change the channel when a Queen song comes on the radio. And make a Queen a pin, day one the second preorder goes live for me. Wont even have to ask the wife.

She would just look at me and say “DUH! Hell yes I want it.”

#279 3 years ago

Queen is still relevant today and the movie Bohemian Rhapsody was a huge hit. My kids are aged 13 to 26 and they all love Queen. GnR is ancient as you say and that sold very very well. And ancient guys like me born in the 70’s who have the money and point in life to buy pins. Queen would be a massive hit and I know would sell amazingly.
    CGC will pretty much be printing money. Queen is still mainstream. Hell, a cruise line used a Queen song for its commercial. You are wrong about ancient rock bands. Led Zeppelin is selling well and there is a demand there. Rock n Roll music and playing pinball is a match made in heaven.
    Those who grew up listening to Queen and playing pinball will definitely have interest. Even casual fans of Queen will also. I don’t know many people who change the channel when a Queen song comes on the radio. And make a Queen a pin, day one the second preorder goes live for me. Wont even have to ask the wife.
    She would just look at me and say “DUH! Hell yes I want it.”

Dude, Queen is great. No argument there. I like the music. Wouldn't say a fan, but you're right about the tune coming on and having a smile on my face.

My point's more about continuing the art of pinball. You grew up pinball. I did too, albeit on DMD early 90s stuff (born in 80). But we both grew up having a pin burned into our brains. How do you get that same experience for kids? Addams Family was a killer pin and family focused so it brought in the kids. Now it's bringing in adults, with money like you say.

Hell, Queen could be timeless. Who knows. Beethoven's timeless. I'm reminded of that Futurama where Fry is listening to Sir Mix a Lot and Bender says, "ah listening to classical I see."

#280 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

It would make absolute good business sense for CGC to make a rock pin. They sell extremely well. GnRs, IMDN ACDC Met to name a few.

I hope CGC do have the Queen licence, they would sell bucket loads of games.

#281 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It would make absolute good business sense for CGC to make a rock pin. They sell extremely well. GnRs, IMDN ACDC Met to name a few.
    I hope CGC do have the Queen licence, they would sell bucket loads of games.

If done right it will most likely sell very very well. GGC could have one of the most successful rock pins on their hands in my opinion. If they have the gameplay and flow of a classic pin with a killer light show and cabinet art, and music, count me in.

Take the light show of GnR and the flow and play of Led Zeppelin combined with a Queen song set, will be something to behold and have. Need to stop and not get any hopes up. Hopefully we here something this year.

#283 3 years ago

If done right it will most likely sell very very well. GGC could have one of the most successful rock pins on their hands in my opinion. If they have the gameplay and flow of a classic pin with a killer light show and cabinet art, and music, count me in.
    Take the light show of GnR and the flow and play of Led Zeppelin combined with a Queen song set, will be something to behold and have. Need to stop and not get any hopes up. Hopefully we here something this year.

Yes I agree. Hopefully we get something from CGC soon.

#284 3 years ago
    Quoted from happyclan:

Dude, Queen is great. No argument there. I like the music. Wouldn't say a fan, but you're right about the tune coming on and having a smile on my face.
    My point's more about continuing the art of pinball. You grew up pinball. I did too, albeit on DMD early 90s stuff (born in 80). But we both grew up having a pin burned into our brains. How do you get that same experience for kids? Addams Family was a killer pin and family focused so it brought in the kids. Now it's bringing in adults, with money like you say.
    Hell, Queen could be timeless. Who knows. Beethoven's timeless. I'm reminded of that Futurama where Fry is listening to Sir Mix a Lot and Bender says, "ah listening to classical I see."

Not a dude. Sir preferred I am half a century old lol.

#285 3 years ago

If there going to do a Queen Pin they should go all out and Make it Highlander! All Queen music in that movie.

#286 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

If there going to do a Queen Pin they should go all out and Make it Highlander! All Queen music in that movie.

As long as not a Flash pin lol

D06827E2-BE15-419C-87FD-7BD2D1CC5219 (resized).jpegD06827E2-BE15-419C-87FD-7BD2D1CC5219 (resized).jpeg
    #287 3 years ago

Regarding Queen, I posted this in the 'Pinball in movies thread' the other day:

This is interesting. Spotted this on a recent YouTube video from Roger Taylor (Queen's drummer).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#288 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Regarding Queen, I posted this in the 'Pinball in movies thread' the other day:
    This is interesting. Spotted this on a recent YouTube video from Roger Taylor (Queen's drummer).

[quoted image]

That’s awesome he has some pins!! Definitely a plus for us. Hopefully he would love to see a Queen pin but not with Adam Lambert.

DC788C78-3E36-43D3-9F7C-16C7BB884B2E (resized).jpegDC788C78-3E36-43D3-9F7C-16C7BB884B2E (resized).jpeg
    #289 3 years ago

Queen is not relevant today. 2,000 people may buy em, but ya’ll are old. But you can change and get with it!

Lonely Island, Tenacious D, Rammstein, and others are relevant today.

#290 3 years ago

If there is a use for a cluster of pop blumpers in 2021-its is to start a super-pop mode playing spotifys #1 song for Lonely Island...

Combine that with some red light insert, GI wizardry-ya got something

#291 3 years ago

I bet someone can get Marilyn Manson license on firesale these days.

Also. Yes...yes...I am sure a Queen themed pin would sell like bisquits. But..what modes? Diana Running from the press?

queen (resized).JPGqueen (resized).JPG
    #292 3 years ago

Modes...where Stern’s going, they don’t need modes...

Or...two lane entrance to boring three cluster pops with keith elwin up posts. After a number of activations. Posts activate, pops deactivate to
    “The bad touch” by bloodhound gang... not some skank ass old tune ya listen too before the party starts.

#293 3 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

Queen is not relevant today. 2,000 people may buy em, but ya’ll are old. But you can change and get with it!

Yes Rammstein, with fire torches, smoke and steam jets coming out of the back box, a new mech idea - a treadmill lane that throws the ball back at you (sorta like spinners). Maybe it has a target at the end of it, or maybe it's an orbit.

That being said...we are old too...All of those bands are old...just not as old as Queen lol.

#294 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Yes Rammstein, with fire torches, smoke and steam jets coming out of the back box, a new mech idea - a treadmill lane that throws the ball back at you (sorta like spinners). Maybe it has a target at the end of it, or maybe it's an orbit.
    That being said...we are old too...All of those bands are old...just not as old as Queen lol.

Rammstein would be legit though lol.

Throw some coolio ganstas paradise in there for the extra balls, keep the smoke coming from the backbox, but kill 85 percent of all lighting. Haha

#295 3 years ago

Someone, somewhere is reading this on a manufacturer team thinking “what are we doing!?!” Get it done fellas.

Quoted from Zablon:

#296 3 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

Please. Queen is more well known and more popular than all of those you listed. Guarantee more than 2000 people would buy it. Your young and you have time to grow up and appreciate things that are good and timeless. Queen is mainstream, Rammstein is not.

#297 3 years ago

The problem I see with Queen is that it would be so popular that CGC would have a 5 year long wait list for it. CGC hasn't exactly shown the ability to manufacture games at high rates. MBr took quite a long time to get into buyers hands once they started producing. Its almost as if they only build pins when the other side of the business is slow.

#298 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

The problem I see with Queen is that it would be so popular that CGC would have a 5 year long wait list for it. CGC hasn't exactly shown the ability to manufacture games at high rates. MBr took quite a long time to get into buyers hands once they started producing. Its almost as if they only build pins when the other side of the business is slow.

Agreed. They have a company that is capable of building high quality pins and games that are in demand but seam to not care if they are producing. Pinball sales have hit a recent high and they are missing out.

#299 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

It’s like CGC treats there pinball division like the red headed step child. Gives it some attention but not much.

#300 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Agreed. They have a company that is capable of building high quality pins and games that are in demand but seam to not care if they are producing. Pinball sales have hit a recent high and they are missing out.

I do think it is strange that they have not continued to produce games while developing their next title. There is still an underserved market for MMr (and probably AFMr also). I don't know what the holdup is for their next title, but it seems like they could be producing MMr units in the meantime.

There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-next-pin/page/6?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.