(Topic ID: 280313)

CCr CGC next pin

By BallyKISS1978

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cv auction (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    697615A5-101B-4E5D-A7C3-61CBC716463B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    queen (resized).JPG
    DC788C78-3E36-43D3-9F7C-16C7BB884B2E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    D06827E2-BE15-419C-87FD-7BD2D1CC5219 (resized).jpeg
    The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    cant-hold-breath-much-longer (resized).jpeg
    829FEF27-A5E7-4793-9F23-D370282535D5 (resized).jpeg
    deb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
    #203 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Don't know if it was ever anything more than a Pinside rumor. Or the other name rumored.
    Sure is going to be an exciting year for CGC. And into the future.
    LTG : )

Cool!

#204 3 years ago

Was wondering what happened to that machine . I’ve had this hanging on my wall for several years now .

829FEF27-A5E7-4793-9F23-D370282535D5 (resized).jpeg829FEF27-A5E7-4793-9F23-D370282535D5 (resized).jpeg
    #205 3 years ago

Love the poster!

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pbgixxer:

I’ve had this hanging on my wall for several years now.

The spaceship on that Kosmic Khaos poster looks like a Zorgon ship from the movie Zathura.

#207 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Was wondering what happened to that machine . I’ve had this hanging on my wall for several years now .[quoted image]

Wait....the poster itself said, “It may not be made...or will it?” and “Coming Soon?”

Did they ever intend to actually make it?

#208 3 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

Wait....the poster itself said, “It may not be made...or will it?” and “Coming Soon?”
    Did they ever intend to actually make it?

No. It was just a joke of sorts at TPF. Just artwork.

#209 3 years ago

A large pin distributor that I have bought many pins from and trust says it is Cactus Canyon. The hold up is the writing of new code and features. Expected to be ready late March/early April. Again, just more rumors, but I believe this guy.

#210 3 years ago
    Quoted from fossmin:

A large pin distributor that I have bought many pins from and trust says it is Cactus Canyon. The hold up is the writing of new code and features. Expected to be ready late March/early April. Again, just more rumors, but I believe this guy.

Cool! I wonder if it will be as good as monster bash? With the new code etc it might rate very high.

#211 3 years ago

A Cactus Canyon remake would be an instant buy for me.

#212 3 years ago
    Quoted from fossmin:

A large pin distributor that I have bought many pins from and trust says it is Cactus Canyon.

I’m disappointed. No doubt it will sell, but with a long list of great games with completed code to pick from, why choose one that required new code?

Like most pinball enthusiasts, I’ve never played CC, because who’s ever even see one in the wild? Now add the fact that even if I had played CC, this will be a different game because of the new code.

I assume the price tag might be in the MMRE range rather than the MBRLE range because of the relative value of a CC vs a MB, so why would I plunk down $10k for a game I’ve never played?

Wish it was TOM...

#213 3 years ago

Rick from Planetary Pinball a long time ago said there were 7 titles in the queue/under consideration. MMr, AFMr, MBr, CCr, TOMr it seems, CVr it seems and 1 more. I don't see 1 more viable remake on that list that was linked to make 7.

#214 3 years ago

I played one in MN at a barcade. No idea if it was continued code or not. I was not blown away by it, but it was nice to actually get to see one. Maybe new/completed code based off 20 years of time to think about what needs changed is exactly what it needs? It certainly can't hurt to try, but it might be a wait and see for many people with so many games coming out at this point.

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Rick from Planetary Pinball a long time ago said there were 7 titles in the queue/under consideration. MMr, AFMr, MBr, CCr, TOMr it seems, CVr it seems and 1 more. I don't see 1 more viable remake on that list that was linked to make 7.

RAZAr? lol.

#216 3 years ago
    Quoted from fossmin:

I have heard this as well. Im in on one for sure, always wanted this game but rarity made it a tough one to justify spending the price

#217 3 years ago
    Quoted from fossmin:

Now that would tank the price of the originals.

#218 3 years ago
    Quoted from haveaniceswim:

I’m disappointed. No doubt it will sell, but with a long list of great games with completed code to pick from, why choose one that required new code?
    Like most pinball enthusiasts, I’ve never played CC, because who’s ever even see one in the wild?
    Wish it was TOM...

Wouldn't it make sense to remake a game that isn't in everybody's basements? Just sayin.

#219 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I played one in MN at a barcade. No idea if it was continued code or not. I was not blown away by it, but it was nice to actually get to see one. Maybe new/completed code based off 20 years of time to think about what needs changed is exactly what it needs? It certainly can't hurt to try, but it might be a wait and see for many people with so many games coming out at this point.

Ccc code is free play only, doesn’t allow coin drop, iirc

#220 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Wouldn't it make sense to remake a game that isn't in everybody's basements? Just sayin.

I mean mm has sold like crazy I feel like and some how now demand is back up maybe that just because supply is none

#221 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I mean mm has sold like crazy I feel like and some how now demand is back up maybe that just because supply is none

Yes, there is still a lot of unmet demand for MMr. I tried to get a MMr-SE when the latest round was announced, but they were sold out instantly.

As for CC, I did get to play quite a bit of CCC recently (having never played the original CC) and while it was fun, I don't feel that it was nearly as good a game as MM, MB or AFM. In general this was due to (IMO) an uninspired layout, not missing or unfinished rules.

The "Bart" bash toy took up way too much real estate for what it provided, and the locomotive didn't interact with the ball at all. The "toilet bowl" had been done before (and better) in CFTBL, and the ramps were nothing special.

The "shootout" pop-up drop targets WERE quite fun (by far the best part of the game), and while the mine shot was sort of new, it wasn't that great. I do like the theme, and see a lot of potential there - but it needs a much more interesting layout.

Personally, the only reason these machines are so highly priced is their rarity...once a remake removes that element, it becomes just a mediocre game. And I don't see how that could be fixed with just new code.

Unless they are also somehow improving the game itself (maybe by adding in the saloon doors that were supposedly cut for cost reasons, and making the locomotive interact with the ball somehow), the game will still be just mediocre.

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, there is still a lot of unmet demand for MMr. I tried to get a MMr-SE when the latest round was announced, but they were sold out instantly.
    As for CC, I did get to play quite a bit of CCC recently (having never played the original CC) and while it was fun, I don't feel that it was nearly as good a game as MM, MB or AFM. In general this was due to (IMO) an uninspired layout, not missing or unfinished rules.
    The "Bart" bash toy took up way too much real estate for what it provided, and the locomotive didn't interact with the ball at all. The "toilet bowl" had been done before (and better) in CFTBL, and the ramps were nothing special.
    The "shootout" pop-up drop targets WERE quite fun (by far the best part of the game), and while the mine shot was sort of new, it wasn't that great. I do like the theme, and see a lot of potential there - but it needs a much more interesting layout.
    Personally, the only reason these machines are so highly priced is their rarity...once a remake removes that element, it becomes just a mediocre game. And I don't see how that could be fixed with just new code.
    Unless they are also somehow improving the game itself (maybe by adding in the saloon doors that were supposedly cut for cost reasons, and making the locomotive interact with the ball somehow), the game will still be just mediocre.

I have only played CC on my ipad. I think it is fun but I've never gotten far into the game. At this point with how the things are going and how bad I am at playing, I'd rather have that 6-6500 remake as those games like totan, tam etc are just soooo fun. I cannot wait for them to announce the next remakes!

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

With the limited number of games that CGC cranks out, I think any game in the top echelon will sell out. Why not remake a game that has a substantial existing fan base? CC, and for that matter, BBB, are only in the Top 100 because there’s less than 1,000 of them.

Heck, TAF would sell out the minute it was announced because there’s that many people who would love 2020 technology in the most popular (for good reason) game of all time.

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from fossmin:

Well I read in one of my posts on Pinside that they shelved the next game and moved onto PTC ! Even hired Fred Young to add new call outs to the souped up game/platform.

#225 3 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

TOTAN

#226 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Well I read in one of my posts on Pinside that they shelved the next game and moved onto PTC ! Even hired Fred Young to add new call outs to the souped up game/platform.

I’m not so sure. They probably considered PTC when the desire for the game skyrocketed from 0 people to 1 person a few months ago, but it seems to have leveled off at 1 person.

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

What!? But it is not true right?

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

As for CC, I did get to play quite a bit of CCC recently (having never played the original CC) and while it was fun, I don't feel that it was nearly as good a game as MM, MB or AFM.

IIRC from an earlier thread or post, CGC and Eric (CCC programmer) are not working together. So the code in CCr would have to be brand new, right? Surely CGC would get a c&d if they just ripped off CCC?

#229 3 years ago

Plus they just started working with Soren on new code for older games.

#230 3 years ago

Make some more MM. Why not put out more preorders for it and make them as they are ordered. I am new to pinball and even I see the demand is still there. I wouldn’t mind a chance to get one.

#232 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Make some more MM. Why not put out more preorders for it and make them as they are ordered. I am new to pinball and even I see the demand is still there. I wouldn’t mind a chance to get one.

Yes, especially the SE version. I think CGC's SE models are the best value - the enhanced screen and sound really improve the game.
    The extra price for the topper and powder-coating are not worth it IMO.

I tried to get a MMr-SE in the last run, but they made so few of the SE that they were sold out instantly (and I just couldn't justify the cost of the Royal).

#233 3 years ago

Make a lot of the CE’s too please as not everybody needs all the bling, just the classic table is fine.

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Make a lot of the CE’s too please as not everybody needs all the bling, just the classic table is fine.

I hope that CGC keeps making CE's BUT allows you to purchase the screen and gi upgrades as after purchase upgrades. If they do it like MMR, you should make some nice profit and collectors can decide when/how to spend their money. I agree I can swing the 6-6500 then dont mind waiting a year or more to save up for the big screen upgrade.

#235 3 years ago

Yeah but the MMr started at $8k not the $6k like the other remakes.

#236 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah but the MMr started at $8k not the $6k like the other remakes.

What does the cost of that matter vs the ability to purchase a dmd XL ?

EDIT: my point is the display update if they sold it as a stand alone mode for all the remake Classic's is a huge profit maker. The coding is already done, the parts are already on the shelf. They literally are making money to just bundle it for people that want to make the mod happen at a later date. the only issue I see is the classic + screen being cheaper than the SE ? and that would be the hard part, but I think the SE has the gi and such upgraded too. Well they can figure prices out, but I think it is a good idea.

#237 3 years ago

They need to just start selling XL Color DMD replacement kits for all old games

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

They need to just start selling XL Color DMD replacement kits for all old games

Just blowing up the original dots without doing anything else wouldn’t be worth it. It wouldn’t look great.

#239 3 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Just blowing up the original dots without doing anything else wouldn’t be worth it. It wouldn’t look great.

But they do redo the art and double the dots.

#240 3 years ago

So we got Cactus Canyon on the way, then the Dennis Nordman game, then Spooky/CGC Ben Heck team up.

Is there any more talk of a Mark Ritchie game?

Question from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#241 3 years ago
    Quoted from fossmin:

I've heard the same thing.....the one thing I know about CGC is they NEVER meet schedule and are never in a hurry to bring new games to market (I've owned all their LE's). I highly doubt the development of the new code is the hold up as they've had years to work on this element (if its actually CCr).

#242 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

the one thing I know about CGC is they NEVER meet schedule and are never in a hurry to bring new games to market

You got half of this right, at least for now.

#243 3 years ago

I got my CGC game right on time...

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I've heard the same thing.....the one thing I know about CGC is they NEVER meet schedule and are never in a hurry to bring new games to market (I've owned all their LE's). I highly doubt the development of the new code is the hold up as they've had years to work on this element (if its actually CCr).

Yep I heard the same thing too... 3 years ago! I heard the next pin now is Moon Patrol.

#245 3 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

I have heard this as well. Im in on one for sure, always wanted this game but rarity made it a tough one to justify spending the price

It will be Cactus Canyon. I have a post way back from the last Chicago show that was held (an employee at Chicago Gaming) let it slip at the show...I'm thinking alcohol was involved.

#246 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You got half of this right, at least for now.

Well all i know is from my own personal experience....they NEVER make schedule....I always joke that CGC has their own time line...promised date + 8 weeks

#247 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Yep I heard the same thing too... 3 years ago! I heard the next pin now is Moon Patrol.

There's an original theme for a game....80s Arcade. All the sounds of Dig Dug, PacMan, Centipede, etc. The sounds alone would be awesome, even that Moon Patrol beat. Tell me you're not moving to this:

#248 3 years ago

What...no Pinball Tycoon??

#249 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

What...no Pinball Tycoon??

Ha. At this point I'd buy Flappy Bird if CGC made it.

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from happyclan:

even that Moon Patrol beat

It would be a great theme! I can see it now, humming along with the cool Moon Patrol tune while your adding more and more dimples to that playfield...

There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-next-pin/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.