(Topic ID: 280313)

CCr CGC next pin

By BallyKISS1978

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cv auction (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    697615A5-101B-4E5D-A7C3-61CBC716463B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    queen (resized).JPG
    DC788C78-3E36-43D3-9F7C-16C7BB884B2E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    D06827E2-BE15-419C-87FD-7BD2D1CC5219 (resized).jpeg
    The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    cant-hold-breath-much-longer (resized).jpeg
    829FEF27-A5E7-4793-9F23-D370282535D5 (resized).jpeg
    deb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from happyclan:

me too! Glad it's not Cactus Canyon ... until it is and I buy anyway.

Haahha. Truth!

#152 3 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

The 5th game is in development ...

Ben Heck presents Bible Adventures?!!

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from haiderdj:

Ben Heck presents Bible Adventures?!!

No, that's old news...it will now be called "The Dead Sea Scrolls - Fragmentary Adventures"

#154 3 years ago

Only Instant Buy for me is Big Bang Bar.....

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Only Instant Buy for me is Big Bang Bar.....

Me too, hope someone in product development is reading this

#156 3 years ago

I'd be all over TOTAN or ToM. I'd dump my current ToM for a new one, but I'd have to get creative to make space for TOTAN.

#157 3 years ago

I am still hoping it will end up being CACTUS CANYON for #4. New code will elevate that terrific title greatly methinks.

And even though 20,000 THE ADDAMS FAMILY pinball machines were manufactured there are very very few around in good shape almost 30 years later. CGC would be well served financially if they moved to re-make it and I have read many who feel the same way. Hence my choice for #5, though BBB and CV would also be welcomed with open arms.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

And even though 20,000 THE ADDAMS FAMILY pinball machines were manufactured there are very very few around in good shape almost 30 years later.

I'll agree to that...even those that run 9k and a little over are not good enough in my book. I let mine go years ago and haven't found a decent replacement of the same yet.
    To those that have the really really nice ones...hang onto them, and I don't blame them one bit. I screwed up. Not likely to happen, but "never say never" is what I was told a few years back from cgc. Hep black could be in my sites.

#159 3 years ago

don't know if this was already posted, but one of the podcast says the next game may not be this year. no surprise there.

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

don't know if this was already posted, but one of the podcast says the next game may not be this year. no surprise there.

Zaki, if "may not mean this year" refers to 2020 I would have to believe that is 100% correct. CGC's next game would surely be sometime in 2021 I may think. Hopefully in the first half of the year up to the end of June, but nobody knows this at this time.

#161 3 years ago

We should just reduce the speculation down to the list of trademarks that Williams transferred to SG Gaming (who bought Bally's). 3 out of 3 CGC games are on here. https://bit.ly/2KbbIJ4

WW is a dead mark. https://bit.ly/37VtEPN List of Dead marks attached. RIP BBB? I have no idea what it means practically. I just know that assignment of marks had 3 out of 3 by CGC.

Did anyone notice the Black Knight Sword of Rage (Pro) ? It's a Stern game, assuming under license. Two things stand out: (1) WMS filed for it in Mar. 2019 and (2) it's on the list from the assignment above. The trend seems more that the assignment list is the menu they're monetizing. Why? I don't know. Not sure why it's a subset of the portfolio of games they made while alive. There are ongoing maintenance and professional fees with holding a mark. I don't know the history but it looks like WMS was hit hard ~2000?

I'm a patent attorney but do very, very little trademark work. I'm probably missing something. If you have ideas, throw them out and I'll dig when I have time. None of this is legal advice. It's actually addiction counseling advice.

Stay well.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #162 3 years ago
    Quoted from happyclan:

We should just reduce the speculation down to the list of trademarks that Williams transferred to SG Gaming (who bought Bally's). 3 out of 3 CGC games are on here. https://bit.ly/2KbbIJ4
    WW is a dead mark. https://bit.ly/37VtEPN
    I'm a patent attorney but do very, very little trademark work. I'm probably missing something. If you have questions, throw them out and I'll dig when I have time. None of this is legal advice. It's actually addiction counseling advice.
    Stay well.

also, no TZ, TAF, IJTPA, ST:TNG ...maybe because of the license issues? Perhaps those licenses can't be included because they are entangled with other parties. Although that would explain WH20. EDIT: Ahhh I see that their WH20 trademark was canceled (I wonder why?).

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

That podcast is going out on a limb with only 20 days left in the year.

#164 3 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

also, no TZ, TAF, IJTPA, ST:TNG ...maybe because of the license issues? Perhaps those licenses can't be included because they are entangled with other parties. Although that would explain WH20. EDIT: Ahhh I see that their WH20 trademark was canceled (I wonder why?).

Gotta get the rights probably. I’m honestly surprised we can get parts for these games.

#165 3 years ago

cgc is releasing a pinball soon....

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #166 3 years ago

Heard it’s not going to be CC. Possibly TOTAN.

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

!

#168 3 years ago

TOTAN or WH20 would be great!

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Blasphemy. I heard it's going to be PTC !

LTG : )

#170 3 years ago

TOTAN with CGC treatment would be very cool!

#171 3 years ago

Wish it was Fathom-insta buy

#172 3 years ago

So what’s it going to be????

#173 3 years ago
    Quoted from Damen:

So what’s it going to be????

It’s going to be another 2 years it seems.

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from t2000:

It’s going to be another 2 years it seems.

No. No where near that long.

#175 3 years ago

The rumor is CC followed by two new originals.

#176 3 years ago

Forgive my ignorance but is there some strong demand for CC out there that I’m not aware of?

If this was a fill-in-the-next-item-in-the-sequence question:

Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, Monster Bash, _________________

I can think of a whole lot of games I’d remake before Cactus Canyon.
    Especially if my plan is to sell a whole bunch of them.

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

I can think of a whole lot of games I’d remake before Cactus Canyon.
    Especially if my plan is to sell a whole bunch of them.

No way to know if a title will sell a whole bunch until it hits the street. No matter if it was a great title in the past or someone's favorite title.

Time will tell as remakes wind down and original titles roll.

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No way to know if a title will sell a whole bunch until it hits the street. No matter if it was a great title in the past or someone's favorite title.
    Time will tell as remakes wind down and original titles roll.

I agree: there is no way to tell until it exists and is for sale.
    But from a business perspective, I know which way I’d bet.

Wonder what they based their decisions to go with the first three on?

But hey ... maybe it’ll be Who Dunnit?
    Why not? You can’t really tell until it hits the street.

#179 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

Pretty easy to work out they were the top 3 Pinside ranked BWs. TOM and TOTAN next on the list if you remove widebodys.

#180 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Pretty easy to work out they were the top 3 Pinside ranked BWs. TOM and TOTAN next on the list if you remove widebodys.

That was a rhetorical question.
    And that’s my (business) point.

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

The only one I'd suggest would be Medieval Madness. At the time the remake was announced at Expo. Beater MM's were clearing $10K. That made remakes a possibility.

The other two and future remakes. I'm sure they take a lot into consideration. Can we trick it up with big display, topper, RGB lighting ? Any potential of adding to existing Williams software ? Not run into licensing issues. Not have to change cabinet or playfield size. What price are existing titles going for and can new ones be sold for current pricing ?

They probably look at a whole lot of variables. Not just think, hey let's make XXXX next.

And they continually make improvements. So when they consider a title. Will it fit into our plan to make the best we can. Remake or the up coming original titles.

#182 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You forgot TAF

#183 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The only one I'd suggest would be Medieval Madness. At the time the remake was announced at Expo. Beater MM's were clearing $10K. That made remakes a possibility.
    The other two and future remakes. I'm sure they take a lot into consideration. Can we trick it up with big display, topper, RGB lighting ? Any potential of adding to existing Williams software ? Not run into licensing issues. Not have to change cabinet or playfield size. What price are existing titles going for and can new ones be sold for current pricing ?
    They probably look at a whole lot of variables. Not just think, hey let's make XXXX next.
    And they continually make improvements. So when they consider a title. Will it fit into our plan to make the best we can. Remake or the up coming original titles.

Again, I agree: you HAVE to look at a multitude of variables - independently as well as how they work together.

So back to my (newly enhanced) original question: if you’re going to CGC trick-out another remake game, is CC the next best choice of a game to do in light of all those variables? It’s a lot easier for me (at least) to envision a CGCed TOM and TOTAN that a CC ... and envision me (again speaking for myself) buying one.

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

Forgive my ignorance but is there some strong demand for CC out there that I’m not aware of?

I'm not into CC, Even though I think TOM is beautiful, I'm not into that either as the next up..as well, I never, ever been a fan of TOTAN
    Which leave me with a TAF . as you said..(speaking for myself).

#185 3 years ago

That's the real problem, the "obviously best" remakes have now been done. What's left now are the ones that are either just "good" (i.e. TOM, TOTAN), have incomplete code (CC), or are widebodies (STTNG, TZ, IJTPA), or have complex licensing issues (TAF, TZ, IJTPA), or have more than one of these issues (TZ, IJTPA). Even WH20 has issues in trying to re-create the topper.

I think CGC, no matter what they choose, is going to disappoint a bunch of people, because almost everyone will be saying "They should have remade [something else] instead."

#186 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I think CGC, no matter what they choose, is going to disappoint a bunch of people, because almost everyone will be saying "They should have remade [something else] instead."

We'll always have that. Everyone has their favorite pin they'd like to see made.

Maybe why CGC is ramping up to get rolling on independent titles.

#187 3 years ago

They need to do Arcade Legends 4 while they are at it...LOL

#188 3 years ago

It was confirmed on the Super Awesome podcast that Nordman and Franchi are working on an original game for CGC, no idea if it's the next one up or not but sounds like it's been in the works for a least a little while. If I were a betting man I'd put my money on it being Cactus Canyon with some additional bling and code.

#189 3 years ago

Punchy The Clown

Punchy The Clown

Punchy The Clown

#190 3 years ago

Wasn’t there supposed to be an announcement before Thanksgiving, then pushed out to before Christmas? We’re we talking about 2020 or 2021?

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from MakersGaming:

Wasn’t there supposed to be an announcement before

Beyond Pinside speculation. No.

#192 3 years ago

So Ben Heck and Nordman both have games coming. What happened to the Mark Ritchie rumor?

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

What happened to the Mark Ritchie rumor?

Don't know if it was ever anything more than a Pinside rumor. Or the other name rumored.

Sure is going to be an exciting year for CGC. And into the future.

#194 3 years ago

I seem to recall kosmic chaos mock up at a prevoius MGC .

deb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpgdeb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #195 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I seem to recall kosmic chaos mock up at a prevoius MGC .

Spooky not CGC.

#196 3 years ago

Yes... Good point. I would love a TAF remake!

#197 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Spooky not CGC.

Wasn't Mark tied to this one?

#198 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

Again, I agree: you HAVE to look at a multitude of variables - independently as well as how they work together.
    So back to my (newly enhanced) original question: if you’re going to CGC trick-out another remake game, is CC the next best choice of a game to do in light of all those variables? It’s a lot easier for me (at least) to envision a CGCed TOM and TOTAN that a CC ... and envision me (again speaking for myself) buying one.

A few weeks ago, I'd have said Alien.

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Wasn't Mark tied to this one?

No idea.

#200 3 years ago

I'm in on the next remake regardless of title. Love perfect examples of old games, and thankful CGC is making it easier.

That being said.....I'd lose my shit if it was TAF

There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-next-pin/page/4?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.