(Topic ID: 280313)

CCr CGC next pin

By BallyKISS1978

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cv auction (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    697615A5-101B-4E5D-A7C3-61CBC716463B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    queen (resized).JPG
    DC788C78-3E36-43D3-9F7C-16C7BB884B2E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    D06827E2-BE15-419C-87FD-7BD2D1CC5219 (resized).jpeg
    The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    cant-hold-breath-much-longer (resized).jpeg
    829FEF27-A5E7-4793-9F23-D370282535D5 (resized).jpeg
    deb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG

There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

with shitty code...

I think the assumption is that they will finish the CC code if CC is the route they go.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I think the assumption is that they will finish the CC code if CC is the route they go.

I recall reading somewhere (probably a speculative thread on here!) that CGC hired a developer specifically to finish the code. I can’t recall if it was the guy who did CCC or one of the original developers. But that code needs to be updated BAD. CC is not fun in its released form.

#53 3 years ago

I’ve only played CC once with a long line of people waiting breathing down my neck

Can someone summarize the “historical poor code” situation with CC. Was the original version rushed to production ? I’ve never heard the backdrop

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oscope:

I’ve only played CC once with a long line of people waiting breathing down my neck
    Can someone summarize the “historical poor code” situation with CC. Was the original version rushed to production ? I’ve never heard the backdrop

CC was the last game before they switched to JPop’s Pin2K nightmare. They basically just went all in on Pin2K and CC was never given any subsequent update. I believe it was just rushed to release “as-is” and whatever they had at the time was put out to recoup
    Some of the development cost.

#55 3 years ago

TOTAN CV and CC are all low production desirable games with no 3rd party licenses. These make the most sense. But hopefully it is TOM so I got more time to save for one I want.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

CC is not fun in its released form.

I agree. It’s very shallow.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

TOTAN CV and CC are all low production desirable games with no 3rd party licenses. These make the most sense. But hopefully it is TOM so I got more time to save for one I want.

As a pinball fan, I'm all for CGC remaking rare titles so that more people get a chance to play them. But I don't understand why people think that CGC would view it that way. They want to remake games where there will be a strong demand for the remake, period. It seems like there'd be less risk to them remaking games where prices are high despite relatively large supply -- Addams Family goes for $6k+ and they made 20,000 of them, now that's some serious demand! If you create 1,000 new Addams Families you're only increasing the overall supply by 5% or 10%. If you remake a rarer game like CC, your repro run could easily double or triple the total number of games available, and it's harder to predict how that huge spike in supply might affect demand for the game.

And yes, all things equal it's nice not to have to worry about third-party licensing. But it's not really debatable that they'd sell way more of an Addams Family or Indiana Jones remake than they would TOM, CV, or CC. So the extra hassle might still be worth their while, now that they've knocked off the obvious non-licensed titles like MM and AFM.

#58 3 years ago

I'd love to see an updated WH2O with LEDs, better sound, and the big color screen. CC with software update would be a good idea, though not something I'd buy when I can play on location all I want. Any Jpop game and I'm out.

That said, time to move on to Fathom, EBD and Centaur remakes. Prices of those games are stupid these days.

#59 3 years ago

Does anyone ever think CGC leaks incorrect information around to throw everyone off? We've now heard several differing "I've been told it's definitely this..." statements for months. I think it was just a few months ago Stern was most certainly releasing a Zeppelin pin.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

Does anyone ever think CGC leaks incorrect information around to throw everyone off?

No. I think it's more Pinside rumors picked up by distributors, and back and forth.

LTG : )

#61 3 years ago

If CGC released AF,TZ, or IJ, they would pretty much be printing money. The themes alone would draw in people who have not had a chance to play the game or have played it and never really thought about buying one.

I am the latter, I really didn’t care for AF but it had issues and was not setup well on either I played.Don’t hate it but all the praise it gets and the prices it goes for really raised my expectations before I got to play it. But I don’t think I could turn down the chance to buy one tbh. Great theme for sure.

I just don’t think TOM would be that huge of an announcement or game. Especially with all the hype with JJP’s GnR. Just my opinion of course. Still thinking about getting AFM so hopefully we here something sooner than later.

#62 3 years ago

I'm still hoping for WH20

#63 3 years ago

Betting CC, Franchi said "there is a whole lot of fun on the horizon" on latest podcast.

cc trans (resized).pngcc trans (resized).png
    #64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I recall reading somewhere (probably a speculative thread on here!) that CGC hired a developer specifically to finish the code. I can’t recall if it was the guy who did CCC or one of the original developers.

What I remember hearing/reading is CGC approached Matt Coriale (co-designer and coder) to finish it up. Not sure if any of that was true. If memory serves, Matt went to Lexmark after WMS folded the pin division.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

I'm still hoping for WH20

I saw on Brain Allen's website the other day (Flyland Designs) that his next 'remake' artwork was going to be White Water. He has since taken that down so maybe that changed but he's already re-done the artwork for the first 3 CGC remakes...maybe him doing a White Water backglass coincides with CGC doing White Water?

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from JWP72:

I saw on Brain Allen's website the other day (Flyland Designs) that his next 'remake' artwork was going to be White Water. He has since taken that down so maybe that changed but he's already re-done the artwork for the first 3 CGC remakes...maybe him doing a White Water backglass coincides with CGC doing White Water?

Post is still up on his Instagram.

Flyland insta (resized).pngFlyland insta (resized).png
    #67 3 years ago

WW would be a great remake ....

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

I'd really be curious what the price point will be if it is TOM. That game is not terribly hard to find in good condition in the $6's - so they'd really have to bring their Topper and enhancements game to justify a higher price.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'd really be curious what the price point will be if it is TOM. That game is not terribly hard to find in good condition in the $6's - so they'd really have to bring their Topper and enhancements game to justify a higher price.

You have to hope it would be in line with their AFMR and MBR prices, although part of me thinks TOM may have a higher BOM cause that trunk can’t be cheap.

#70 3 years ago

I owned TOM for a long time. Loved the game. Real high quality example. Full tear down resto. All polished everything. Color DMD. 3d translite. All LEDs. The works. Sold it for 7k. I think they would still sell but not AfM or MM numbers.

#71 3 years ago

I’d be down for a WH2O for sure. I bet you wouldn’t get the cool topper with the CE though, only SE or LE. I’m dreaming for a Scared Stiff but doubt that will happen since EHOH.

2 weeks later
    #72 3 years ago

Any idea when they will announce the next title? What are the chances of using the continued code if they do CC?

#73 3 years ago

No chance of using continued code.

Quoted from V8haha:

Any idea when they will announce the next title? What are the chances of using the continued code if they do CC?

#74 3 years ago

This is the first time I've seen the discussion / enthusiasm for a Wh20R, I really can't see that happening as I doubt the demand is really there versus the BOM cost and that no one has been able to reproduce the topper and, unlike many other games, the topper is a must-have for almost everyone on this game.

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

This is the first time I've seen the discussion / enthusiasm for a Wh20R, I really can't see that happening as I doubt the demand is really there versus the BOM cost and that no one has been able to reproduce the topper and, unlike many other games, the topper is a must-have for almost everyone on this game.

I don't know if they will make White Water...but I'm sure if they did remake it, they would make a cooler/better topper than the original.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

a WH2O remake is probably the one I would be most excited for.... who knows if it will ever happen.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If CGC released AF,TZ, or IJ, they would pretty much be printing money. The themes alone would draw in people who have not had a chance to play the game or have played it and never really thought about buying one.
    I am the latter, I really didn’t care for AF but it had issues and was not setup well on either I played.Don’t hate it but all the praise it gets and the prices it goes for really raised my expectations before I got to play it. But I don’t think I could turn down the chance to buy one tbh. Great theme for sure.
    I just don’t think TOM would be that huge of an announcement or game. Especially with all the hype with JJP’s GnR. Just my opinion of course. Still thinking about getting AFM so hopefully we here something sooner than later.

You said it, they made the first big three pins the next big three are undoubtedly TAF, TZ and IJ.

AFM is a great pin one of the best of all time.

#78 3 years ago

why would they not remake WW? Prices have gone up, unlicensed and a new topper could be killer. I love WW, fun game. I mean at this point any of the top wms/bally games are going to sell well.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

why would they not remake WW? Prices have gone up, unlicensed and a new topper could be killer. I love WW, fun game. I mean at this point any of the top wms/bally games are going to sell well.

I really can't see them selling many $8500-$9000 Wh20RLEs no matter how cool the topper is. First the pandemic is killing location pinball / barcades in a major way, secondly there is too much competition from all the NIB titles flying out right now. I love Wh20 but (somewhat like TOM which people are gaga over but is just meh to me) it is a bit shallow without true modes (that's arguable with the Whirlpool awards, I know). I think top of the market at any kind of volume would be $7 - $7.5k.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I really can't see them selling many $8500-$9000 Wh20RLEs no matter how cool the topper is. First the pandemic is killing location pinball / barcades in a major way, secondly there is too much competition from all the NIB titles flying out right now. I love Wh20 but (somewhat like TOM which people are gaga over but is just meh to me) it is a bit shallow without true modes (that's arguable with the Whirlpool awards, I know). I think top of the market at any kind of volume would be $7 - $7.5k.

You can still find whitewater for really cheap and in good shape in Europe as well. One was for sale recently at 1600 euros and one at 2600 which is for for sale for.... 2 months now... and if you think of the Tariff we have now... well...

#81 3 years ago

Too bad CGC did not get the new pin out before the new 25% EU import tax... With my luck the next one is TAF, TZ or IJ then.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

8500? I mean LE maybe, but AFM starts at 6500..... I get WW may have more stuff in it, but eh, There are always people wanting nice examples.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

8500? I mean LE maybe, but AFM starts at 6500....

Actually, AFM now starts at $6000. CGC lowered the price to match MB classic edition.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Actually, AFM now starts at $6000. CGC lowered the price to match MB classic edition.

Yes, that is true. And if MB is 6k then I don't know how WW couldn't be....

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Stern claims they are backed up on orders by the thousands. People are having to wait on games until next spring. JJP sold out the $12.5k GnR CE's within a few days. Something even they were not expecting. I would expect slow sales in 2020 but that doesn't seem to be the case. I think there is plenty of room for more remakes. Thing is why is it taking so long? Is there any confirmation that there will be any more remakes?

#86 3 years ago

WW = Whirlwind
    WH2O = White Water

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

WW = Whirlwind
    WH2O = White Water

technicalities

WW should be waterworld too

#88 3 years ago

The only place I see the base models of the remakes is on location, anyone I know that bought one for their home sprung for at least the large, color screen variant. Regardless though I still think that Wh20 is probably WAY down the list of planned remakes if it's on it at all. Super-nice examples of TOM, CC and CV all sell much higher than similar condition Wh20s so that's where the real $$ lies and where I think CGC will go as well.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Super-nice examples of TOM, CC and CV all sell much higher than similar condition Wh20s so that's where the real $$ lies and where I think CGC will go as well.

Don't forget ToTAN. I traded my original on the bet that CGC will remake it down the line. Don't disappoint me CGC

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Don't forget ToTAN. I traded my original on the bet that CGC will remake it down the line. Don't disappoint me CGC

Ya, totan would be amazing.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Ya, totan would be amazing.

ANYTHING will be a amazing at this point!

#92 3 years ago

Maybe the announcement about new official code updates for original B/W games is an indication that an expanded CCr is next?

#93 3 years ago

I think a WWR would be awesome.....anything CGC decides to remake next (aside from TZ, TAF, or IJ) comes with some level of market risk. That being said all the remakes people are discussing are priced well if their in the $6K range for the entry level model....just not sure how many LE's will sell in the $8K range, which is probably where it will be priced.

#94 3 years ago

I was playing CFBL and I was thinking in regards to the spooky/CGC team up, what if we get other universal monster pins? I think it’s a perfect fit for these two companies. Wolf man pin. Mummy. Frankenstein. Dracula and Bride of Frankenstein. I’d buy two or three.

#95 3 years ago

ANYTHING will be a amazing at this point!

Maybe that is the strategy?

#96 3 years ago

I just wish all of the pin manufacturers would be more forthcoming on their planned games. I just don’t see a big downside. By the time they announce they obviously have secured the rights so it can’t be “ stolen “ by a competitor. Plus, if it is a good title, you would get consumers to wait for your game to be made and not lose them to another.

#97 3 years ago

I think it’s probably because they make most of their money on initial hype and capitalization of FOMO. That wears off as soon as the title is announced. This is why companies are trying to ship the same day they announce. GnR has lost its luster for a lot of people and it was announced last month.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallPin:

I don't know if they will make White Water...but I'm sure if they did remake it, they would make a cooler/better topper than the original.

Nothing is cooler than the flowing water effect of the original White Water topper--and unless someone throws a bunch of coin at the process that was used to create the foil it will not be reproduced. A re-pop attempt was an abysmal failure.

1 week later
    #99 3 years ago

I barely do social media, so I have to ask, what's the latest from CGC?

Is there there any release date they are aiming for in 2021? Or are we guessing at this point?

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I barely do social media, so I have to ask, what's the latest from CGC?
    Is there there any release date they are aiming for in 2021? Or are we guessing at this point?

i think we are guessing at this point. we heard rumors their latest game was going to be at texas 2020. of course, that could not have happened. but a lot of time has passed now. i sort of think it's ridiculous they have not even announced the game yet. I'm not sure why something has to be shipping and being boxed when it's announced. I had wanted CC, but now I will wait to see led zepplin, then get it or turtles.

There are 464 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-next-pin/page/2?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.