• 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SkaterVet
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

taf (resized).JPG
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

This topic is for CGC fans to discuss what game they would like to see released next.

#2 4 years ago

None, I'm done buying games

#3 4 years ago

A new game. Something of their own creation.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

I'd like to see Scared Stiff or ToTAN.

#5 4 years ago

BBB, or Cactus Canyon Jr.

#6 4 years ago

I swear I’ve seen this thread a few times before
I would love Big Bang Bar. Or Punchy the clown so i can call LTG incessantly for tech support.

#7 4 years ago

I think taking a classic layout and updating it with new art and multiple gameplay options would be a fantastic way to broaden their market share. Take something like World Cup Soccer 94 and re-skin it in a more modern package with updated art. Have two versions of the same game available from a select screen, World Cup Soccer Classic and World Cup Soccer Super Heat. Have the option of playing an entirely new game with the exact same layout. Taking an approach like this would allow for Chicago Gaming Company to pick games for remanufacture that aren't astronomically expensive, and in this particular case would allow them to expand market-share overseas where soccer is actually popular.

If I didn't have to worry about licensing or legal issues... Adam's Family... duh.

#8 4 years ago

If they remade Adams Family I wouldn’t be able to reach for my wallet fast enough...

#9 4 years ago

Vacation America remake.

#10 4 years ago

I'd like to see a BBB-R-LE.

OR a WH20 with new audio & that Big A$$ Display.

#11 4 years ago

I would really like to see chicago start a line of remakes based on William's system 11 pins that are getting harder to find in pristine condition. I have argued in the past that they would not be able to sell remakes of pins that regularly go on the market for less than 4k, but seeing collector quality fish tales, t2, and getaways sold to a niche, HUO environment for 6-7k would be awesome.

Skipping on LE models would cheapen the r&d cost associated with reproduction and, I believe, allow them to pump them out at a faster clip than the higher end remakes they already have accomplished. They might be able to release one or two of these pins in smaller, limited batches, per cycle of bigger ticket bbbr, ccr pin.

My dream would be F14 Tomcat remake.

#12 4 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Theatre of Magic

#13 4 years ago

Addams Family or Funhouse!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from StupidJackpot:

I would really like to see chicago start a line of remakes based on William's system 11 pins that are getting harder to find in pristine condition. I have argued in the past that they would not be able to sell remakes of pins that regularly go on the market for less than 4k, but seeing collector quality fish tales, t2, and getaways sold to a niche, HUO environment for 6-7k would be awesome.
Skipping on LE models would cheapen the r&d cost associated with reproduction and, I believe, allow them to pump them out at a faster clip than the higher end remakes they already have accomplished. They might be able to release one or two of these pins in smaller, limited batches, per cycle of bigger ticket bbbr, ccr pin.

I would LOVE to see F-14 as well, but figured with as mean as they originally made and the current going rate, that one may be a long shot. We’ll see...

#15 4 years ago

So... I'm not an insider. I don't know anyone personally. But, I did have due to a snafu two people from CGC come to my house and set up my MBR LE personally.
I talked to them and I was purposely vague with my questions so not to anger them, and also because I figured they could actually answer a vague question more than a specific one.

I don't think they will remake non-DMD games. Mainly because I think they don't see a desire. Look at how they handled the DMD for all their remakes. Colored and dots improved.
Also, for 2 of the 3 much bigger screens. I believe an add on or extra for MMr will be coming out or is out, but they can't sell it directly because they don't want to anger the original LE buyers(Which is silly, but props for wanting to have integrity).

I wold love a new funhouse, . And I'm a huge fan of swords of fury... That would be cool, and a remake of Elvira and The Party Monsters would be really cool as well... But... again... They said not going to happen... Or if it would happen the games would have a dmd... Which all I can think of is Bride of Pinbot 2.0 which I thought was blasphemy.... My thoughts... No one elses.

Now... For my wish list... Honestly... I'm open to Cactus Canyon, BBB, TOTAN, TOM, and Scared Stiff... My only regret... I don't hav enough money for them all...

Hell, I really want an Attack From Mars, but just don't have the coin for one right now...
Too many great pins, not enough money... And sadly even less space in my house.

Forgot to say... I would love a Creature remake as well... That one isn't too far fetched... Even though lately it seems like the current market value of creature might not be high enough to warrant their interest. But, MAN right next to my MBr LE a creature would look amazing, and Creature is a top 10 favorite pin of mine.

#17 4 years ago

I'd wet myself for a Whirlwind 2.0 with upgraded sound and color lcd. Now, that would be cool.

#18 4 years ago

Indiana Jones with updated lighting and large screen for me please.

#19 4 years ago

I second the Whirlwind vote!

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Indiana Jones with updated lighting and large screen for me please.

DOH!!!!!
C'mon man... You're killing me. Cos that would be an insta buy. Not only is it a killer theme, with killer toys, great dots already, but its a great pin!!!!
D'oh I totally blanked on that.
Only issue is not certain how I'd get a widebody through my doors easily.

#21 4 years ago

BBBR !

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So... I'm not an insider. I don't know anyone personally. But, I did have due to a snafu two people from CGC come to my house and set up my MBR LE personally.
I talked to them and I was purposely vague with my questions so not to anger them, and also because I figured they could actually answer a vague question more than a specific one.
I don't think they will remake non-DMD games. Mainly because I think they don't see a desire. Look at how they handled the DMD for all their remakes. Colored and dots improved.
Also, for 2 of the 3 much bigger screens. I believe an add on or extra for MMr will be coming out or is out, but they can't sell it directly because they don't want to anger the original LE buyers(Which is silly, but props for wanting to have integrity).
I wold love a new funhouse, . And I'm a huge fan of swords of fury... That would be cool, and a remake of Elvira and The Party Monsters would be really cool as well... But... again... They said not going to happen... Or if it would happen the games would have a dmd... Which all I can think of is Bride of Pinbot 2.0 which I thought was blasphemy.... My thoughts... No one elses.
Now... For my wish list... Honestly... I'm open to Cactus Canyon, BBB, TOTAN, TOM, and Scared Stiff... My only regret... I don't hav enough money for them all...
Hell, I really want an Attack From Mars, but just don't have the coin for one right now...
Too many great pins, not enough money... And sadly even less space in my house.
Forgot to say... I would love a Creature remake as well... That one isn't too far fetched... Even though lately it seems like the current market value of creature might not be high enough to warrant their interest. But, MAN right next to my MBr LE a creature would look amazing, and Creature is a top 10 favorite pin of mine.

I could see them getting into updating games like Funhouse. The work of updating the dots is completely rebuilding them anyway, so it's not like it's that much more work. They'd have to start out with some basic designs and ideas - I dont' think it would be that hard to get the imagery. Incorporating it into the game would be comparable to how they're triggering the updated images, too - just they'd hook into different events (sounds I guess) than the visuals. That's what I'd do next...

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Only issue is not certain how I'd get a widebody through my doors easily.

Backbox is the same width. Can’t imagine you’d have a problem.

#24 4 years ago

BBBBr!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Addams Family or Funhouse!

TAF would crush it no doubt. I don't see why it's not a top consideration unless licensing is a problem. Funhouse seems more like a long shot being a more simple game and no dmd. I would absolutely buy one, though. Even though they made a lot of these games, it still tough finding one in decent shape for reasonable cost. I would prefer it to be close to the original, though.

#27 4 years ago

IJ is probably the only remake I'd purchase. Really nice originals demand a lot of $. I believe the market would be pretty good for a remake of IJ. If they remade this machine with a larger screen, and a killer interactive topper my guess is sales would be up there with the other remakes.

#28 4 years ago

TAF for me.

#29 4 years ago

I have seen this post before - most games named have tons of existing old ones out there. Yes most System 11's are beat on, others like Funhouse come up all the time, CGC needs games where they can justify a $7-8K price. I don't even really understand Theater of Magic being the next one it is a good game but it is not one most people seem to die for they also come up fairly often.

For me it is only BBB - I have played the game - I love the space theme or SCI-FI which is my preferred theme. The art is unique, it is rare and it could use that upgraded color DMD. Its Capcom which is rare in itself...just seems like the perfect kind of remake. They can take over the TBL too and fix its problems with it breaking parts. I know they won't take on TBL. But, I get what their business model is - not to spend time in development but production and just getting it out the door, remaking games where others have done all the work is the easy way. Pick games with a following that people can't get and charge a good price for them...BBB is one that fits the bill, so does CC, and TOM. Others like Addams Family where there tons of those games out there and License issues don't make sense. Any game with a license likely would not happen easily....

#30 4 years ago

BBBR makes sense ! Extra parts can help the King Pin project
That game with neon trim , big screen
Crazy topper !

#31 4 years ago

I know that it won't happen, but WH20. My dream! Would love to have a cherry version to keep at my house for the rest of my life.

#32 4 years ago

Hoping for a totan with new code, lcd screen with animations a'la stern jp.

There is zero chance/risk for bbb. No producer with any sanity and market sense would produce a toy which features a gogo girl with a metalstick rammed up the croch 2019.

#33 4 years ago

WH20 is the only one that would get my money. Could easily recreate the topper with a masked video screen.

It would be so great to start off with all new everything, as something as simple as changing a switch is a REAL pain based on previous ownership. Prices on restored ones are really climbing, so hopefully they take note one day

#34 4 years ago

Like someone said earlier they need to produce a game that would hit the $8K price point (maybe higher)....I think BBB is too much of a market risk, and CC has underdeveloped code so I doubt their going in that direction (but who knows)...theres way too many TZ's and AF on the market...IJ makes the most sense as a loaded LE could easily sell for $8K+....WW is the only other one that would get my $

#35 4 years ago

I do find it odd so many people say AF...when they are readily available in decent shape daily for not that bad of a price in the grand scheme of things.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do find it odd so many people say AF...

CGC may have created a monster. While licensing would likely kill TAF. People think of their favorite game. Imagine it with large display, interactive light show, and a great animated topper.

And we get hopeful our favorite game gets the CGC touch.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do find it odd so many people say AF...when they are readily available in decent shape daily for not that bad of a price in the grand scheme of things.

sry...I have to disagree...most everyone does loves taf, and therefore has played the crap out of them....the ones that are in awesome condition command a high price...and a lot of those are bolted to the floor. I guess if you don't mind a player's condition (which many are after 27years) you can. I'm thinking there is a market for those of us who would really appreciate a remake...for about the same as what people are asking for a decent player.

#38 4 years ago

Wheel Of Fortune 2.0

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe 5-10 years ago they were easy to find in decent shape. Every one I see is players quality with playfield issues for over 6k. Give me a TAFr for the MBr prices and it's an instant buy.

#40 4 years ago

So many to pick from here

taf (resized).JPGtaf (resized).JPG
#41 4 years ago

WH2O?

Fathom, Centaur, Barracora, Defender

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

sry...I have to disagree...most everyone does loves taf, and therefore has played the crap out of them....the ones that are in awesome condition command a high price...and a lot of those are bolted to the floor. I guess if you don't mind a player's condition (which many are after 27years) you can. I'm thinking there is a market for those of us who would really appreciate a remake...for about the same as what people are asking for a decent player.

I have a players game, with no mansion wear....something about the game makes me want to hit the start button after game is over.

Game is very addicting.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

While licensing would likely kill TAF

I don't know anything about costs, but what would something like this be?

#44 4 years ago

Bally Star-Jet

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bally Star-Jet

I'm sure sales would be through the roof

#46 4 years ago

I think you might have missed my thread. With poll. Been running almost a year now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-remake-wish-list-what-would-you-like-to-see-remade

#47 4 years ago

Alien in a standard Williams cabinet with CGC's usual fantastic tweaks.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I don't know anything about costs, but what would something like this be?

Back in the good old days, about $50 a machine.

These days. Addams license ( could be from The New Yorker, Charles Addams, TV series, movies, and the biggie would be the Raul Julia estate ) no idea how much $$$$.

Same for Indiana Jones and the Twilight Zone.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Back in the good old days, about $50 a machine.
These days. Addams license ( could be from The New Yorker, Charles Addams, TV series, movies, and the biggie would be the Raul Julia estate ) no idea how much $$$$.
Same for Indiana Jones and the Twilight Zone.

Thank goodness the rights to the Universal Monsters worked out for Monster Bash!

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Addams license ( could be from The New Yorker, Charles Addams, TV series, movies, and the biggie would be the Raul Julia estate ) no idea how much $$$$.

They should retheme the same layout to the original Addams Family TV show and would have a big hit on their hands.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-next-game-wish-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.