(Topic ID: 239873)

CGC Monster Bash re-make or Jersey Jack Pirates of the Caribbean LE

By FarFromHeaven26

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

With two new works of art recently released pinball collectors are surely in a quandary as to which way to go. Mind you most serious and passionate collectors will say "I'd like BOTH" and "I will get BOTH in time." But the question is designed to ask which of these highly acclaimed machines would you favor buying TODAY. Obviously, the other one may be purchased a bit down the road. Since Jersey Jack's LE on PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN is the poll position choice over the very expensive CE and the bare bones SE, we are talking around 9,500. CGC's MONSTER BASH re-make is a cool 8,000 for the much-favored LE with the topper. So, obviously anyone who chooses the JJP game will be paying 1,500 more, but all things considered that higher price point is warranted.

So, fellow Pinsiders, which machine would YOU choose first to purchase or which machine did you already choose and why?

Thank you in advance. I am leaving the "poll" as answers in the comments. BOTH machines are supreme masterpieces and are rightly in Pinside's Top 5 at present so this is no easy decision for sure.

#2 5 years ago

I set out to but JJP POTC... then I played it. It’s expensive, It’s gorgeous...It’s complex... it’s all those things. I just wasn’t feeling a complex game and didn’t want to put out the extra cash for it at the time. So I went MB (SE)...

... and

... I got bored.

MB is great and has a nice solid classic feel. It just didn’t keep me going back for more.

I have since traded the MB.

This question comes up quite a bit nowadays... to be cliche, this is an apples and oranges situation

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

I set out to but JJP POTC... then I played it. It’s expensive, It’s gorgeous...It’s complex... it’s all those things. I just wasn’t feeling a complex game and didn’t want to put out the extra cash for it at the time. So I went MB (SE)...
    ... and
    ... I got bored.
    MB is great and has a nice solid classic feel. It just didn’t keep me going back for more.
    I have since traded the MB.
    This question comes up quite a bit nowadays... to be cliche, this is an apples and oranges situation

Thank you my friend. It is indeed "apples and oranges" but I am seeking to find out which fruit you are partial to at present. You have answered it well.

#4 5 years ago

Definitely POTC. Both are fun games, but pirates really has a great layout and depth.

Or do as I am and get both. Hah!

#5 5 years ago

POTC... by a long shot. There is so much more to keep you digging in. MB is repetative... and although you can get the updated LCD... it does have a dated (ahem classic) feel (which may or may not be your thing)

Factor in theme (whether you are crazy about it ) and budget ... that could tilt your decision.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

POTC... by a long shot. There is so much more to keep you digging in. MB is repetative... and although you can get the updated LCD... it does have a dated (ahem classic) feel (which may or may not be your thing)
    Factor in theme (whether you are crazy about it ) and budget ... that could tilt your decision.

Thanks again Richochet!

I already own AFMR LE and MMR as well as WOO Emerald and Elvis, so I am still debating. I DO want the third CGC re-make of a great game I once owned (MB) but I am thinking I can wait to get it and instead get the ultra modern state-of-the-art POTC LE to even the score on ownership (2 JJP and 2 CGC) but I am still undecided. The POTC is just so so amazing I will admit.

#8 5 years ago

Potc as it will keep you going longer if it’s your only game.

#10 5 years ago

I have both. POTC all day. Mbr is fun though and would keep if I didn't have AF.
    M

#11 5 years ago

You already have the best CGC remakes in your collection now. If you need another, I’d wait till they release a CV.

If you enjoy your Woz, I’d go with JJpotc all day long. I know if I had a MB at home, it would get old very quickly (within days) for me....

#12 5 years ago

I went with both, though I'm still waiting on my POTC to arrive. I've had my MBRLE since December and have not tired of it. Its just classic pinball fun and the best looking game I've ever owned.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-monster-bash-re-make-or-jersey-jack-pirates-of-the-caribbean-le?hl=farfromheaven26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.