Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5ea96175e899e21c1fbccf1caf4ccdf48dd3ba86.gif
#1 3 years ago

Does anyone sell lighted flipper buttons for CGC games like AFMR OR MMR? Thank you!!

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Does anyone sell lighted flipper buttons for CGC games like AFMR OR MMR? Thank you!!

I have lit on all my games except mmr. I know the coin taker have generic molex or a smaller pint plug, so it could be just getting a power splitter but I sent them a message to see if it’s plug n play

#3 3 years ago

Anybody else know anything?

#4 3 years ago

I did it on my AFMr. I’ll look tomorrow to see which kit I bought. I do remember there wasn’t one specifically made for it and I had to improvise a little. But it wasn’t hard.

#5 3 years ago

I actually made a kit and sold about 30 or so of them for CGC games using RGB LEDs that tied into the speaker lights so they were interactive with the game. The kit was composed of common LED cabling, splitters, etc. along with a custom splitter I created that interfaced into the speaker lighting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155#post-5294583

I would be willing to do another batch if there was enough interest (say 10 kits or so). Otherwise, you can see how I did it from the post and do your own DIY.

#6 3 years ago

The more I think about it I’m pretty sure I just bought this https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-for-stern-white-star-sam-system-machines.html

I cut the end off and wired it directly to the power supply to the appropriate voltage. If I still had the game this would be easier to figure out.....

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from adii:

The more I think about it I’m pretty sure I just bought this https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-for-stern-white-star-sam-system-machines.html
I cut the end off and wired it directly to the power supply to the appropriate voltage. If I still had the game this would be easier to figure out.....

I’m assuming those use the 3-pin molex connector that connect to the coin door on SAM and whitestar games. If that is the case, they can easily be adapted to be powered for a Cgc game. I can help provide an adapter if anyone wants it.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I actually made a kit and sold about 30 or so of them for CGC games using RGB LEDs that tied into the speaker lights so they were interactive with the game. The kit was composed of common LED cabling, splitters, etc. along with a custom splitter I created that interfaced into the speaker lighting.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155#post-5294583
I would be willing to do another batch if there was enough interest (say 10 kits or so). Otherwise, you can see how I did it from the post and do your own DIY.

I’d buy (3). One for MMR and two for AFMR (my brother has it too.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m assuming those use the 3-pin molex connector that connect to the coin door on SAM and whitestar games. If that is the case, they can easily be adapted to be powered for a Cgc game. I can help provide an adapter if anyone wants it.

It would be great to just use the white star/Sam kit from pinball life and use an adapter from lermods. Can anyone else clarify that this indeed would work? Thanks all.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s correct. OP this looks like you’re easiest/best option. I’d use Lermods’ solution.

Good luck.

#11 3 years ago

Update: I'm all sold out now

FYI, I checked my stash and had enough parts to make 2 sets of my CGC interactive illuminated flipper buttons. One is spoken for, so I have one set left. If anyone is interested the mod is $50 and comes with everything you need. First one to PM me that can pay same day gets it.

10 months later
#12 2 years ago

I'm gonna kick this thread up again. I have MMr and MBr and would LOVE RGB led flipper buttons. Gonna look into this but just seeing if anyone has done a pcb board like cointakers that could take the rgb.

#13 2 years ago

I have a handful of mods that I do in runs that people have been asking for. Unfortunately, I'm just too busy right now with real life and other orders. At some point when things slow down, I'll gauge interest in this and others and if enough people are wanting to purchase then I'll do additional runs.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have a handful of mods that I do in runs that people have been asking for. Unfortunately, I'm just too busy right now with real life and other orders. At some point when things slow down, I'll gauge interest in this and others and if enough people are wanting to purchase then I'll do additional runs.

Do you have pics of yours?

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm gonna kick this thread up again. I have MMr and MBr and would LOVE RGB led flipper buttons. Gonna look into this but just seeing if anyone has done a pcb board like cointakers that could take the rgb.

Why not buy the one from Cointaker and just rewire them to fit Cgc power. Looks like they are 12v and not controlled by the game. You could pull power right off the power supply in the cabinet.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why not buy the one from Cointaker and just rewire them to fit Cgc power. Looks like they are 12v and not controlled by the game. You could pull power right off the power supply in the cabinet.

The CT RGB were the ones I was looking at. I wanted to tap off the GI which iirc is analog rgb, and most/all premade led rings are addressable.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The CT RGB were the ones I was looking at. I wanted to tap off the GI which iirc is analog rgb, and most/all premade led rings are addressable.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood and thought you wanted the specific CT version for your Cgc game. We make an interactive rgb trough light for MbR se/le and mmr se/re that interacts with the rgb gi so it should not be hard to do something similar for the flipper buttons. Cgc uses 4-pin connectors for their rgb gi so you tap into that. You would need 5v rgb strips and a way to mount them at the flipper buttons. Another option is to tie into the speaker lights, those are 12v, we do it for our undercab lighting.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ah sorry, I misunderstood and thought you wanted the specific CT version for your Cgc game. We make an interactive rgb trough light for MbR se/le and mmr se/re that interacts with the rgb gi so it should not be hard to do something similar for the flipper buttons. Cgc uses 4-pin connectors for their rgb gi so you tap into that. You would need 5v rgb strips and a way to mount them at the flipper buttons. Another option is to tie into the speaker lights, those are 12v, we do it for our undercab lighting.

After playing MBr more, I can see why the speaker lights may be a better option for flipper buttons.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

After playing MBr more, I can see why the speaker lights may be a better option for flipper buttons.

That is how my kit connected on all the CGC games. Really cool to have them in sync

5ea96175e899e21c1fbccf1caf4ccdf48dd3ba86.gif5ea96175e899e21c1fbccf1caf4ccdf48dd3ba86.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-lighted-flipper-button-options and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.