(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1792 First Monster Bash remake leaked pics Posted by Monsterbashbombs (5 years ago)

Post #1916 Monster Bash remake official topper pics Posted by CGC-Ryan (5 years ago)

Post #2448 Picture under the playfield of the Monster Bash remake. Posted by knockerlover (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

There's not any speculation at all. Rick announced the list of games that CGC will be making. The next one is either MB or CC with most signs pointing to MB. How is that a black eye for CGC? If it's not ready then it's not ready. Release timelines change constantly. The same people that would have bought a MBr or a CCr are still going to whether it's at TPF or not.
Everyone go play ACNC and POTC and then enjoy the hundreds of really nice games. There is always some really rare stuff at TPF that most people will not get a chance to play elsewhere. Last year most of those rare games never had a line at all. There's a pinball show a couple of times a month now. There will be tons of chances to see CGC games and whatever else is released in the future. Everyone needs to have a beer and meet some new people and quit obsessing over whatever is next. Enjoy the now.

Rick did not announce a list of games they will be making, he announced a list of POTENTIAL remakes.

#101 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Sure, things can change. But if each remake sells well that is what you should expect. The "Potential" list is the list they plan to make if they keep selling. You guys really make all of this stuff much more complicated in then it is.

The difference between you and me is that I have learned not to trust everything Rick says. Maybe in time you will realize why.

What complicates things is when people blindly think things will happen when someone says they might happen.

#104 6 years ago

All I'm doing is pointing out the fact that your statement "Rick announced the list of games that CGC will be making" is completely wrong. This isn't serious to me at all, but I await your next excuse to further this discussion.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You really have a hard on for exact wording don't you?

Wording doesn't matter to you, got it. You may carry on assuming all of the games Rick mentioned will get remade as well as misinforming everybody per your assumptions.

1 month later
#403 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That would be wise.
LTG : )

Well the cat's outta the bag now so I hope the official announcement comes soon

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Or you all just fell for our false flag teaser to help hype the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show I guess you won't really know the truth unless you attend!

Sorry but no

#434 5 years ago

I heard that it's T2r

#450 5 years ago

BBBrr ain't gonna happen

#461 5 years ago

Alright! Less than a month to go until June 8th

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

CGC has not said a word and you guys are drawing conclusions that it must be licensing or code or some major defect that is stopping them from announcing the next game.

This is what happens every time when the manufacturer is silent, nothing abnormal here. It's up to CGC if they want to speak up or stay silent, and people on Pinside like to discuss, speculate, rumor, etc. if there are no hard facts to discuss.

These delays may be due to CGC licensing JJPs 3 spinning disc mech and their trials and tribulations with it. They could also be due to issues with playfield silkscreen colors. Or they have the same cabinet source as Stern and they are splitting like crazy. Or most likely, none of the above.

2 weeks later
#547 5 years ago

Something fishy is going on

#570 5 years ago

I've already lost interest, too many other options that I can order today.

2 weeks later
#690 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought the license denial was because they had put it on an additional platform they didn't have a license for without permission, so the whole license was pulled.

That was always just speculation. Nobody has confirmed the real reason for any of this.

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

I think you guys are reading way too much into this.........PPS has a PERPETUAL license with WEG (Scientific Games).........perpetual means it never ends.
Farsight must have had a different type of license, that's all.

Nothing is perpetual, even if perpetual is in the name

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm just wondering with Doug gone if Rick will become their spokesman again.

I sure hope not

Customer: complains about valid quality issue

PPS: Put your big boy pants on

#814 5 years ago

It's Barb Wire. Always has been and always will be.

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Shipping in July all is good.

Almost a week in and no announcement yet. I hope Monster Bash is ready to ship as soon as announced! I'm also interested to see what updates or extras they've added to it.

A high-res dot update like MMR and an amazing topper would be cool. Think of the actual MB band on top of the backbox with multiple coils for various monsters' actions, I can dream

#874 5 years ago

My personal opinion is that licensing issues would be the cause of this long of a silence.

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Those monster characters are they licensed by Universal?

Yes, and WMS (Scientific) through PPS handle the license of "Monster Bash" Pinball.

#890 5 years ago

If the Circus Maximus guys can implement switchable code from original to "enhanced" (Kingpin) then why couldn't CGC do the same?

1 week later
#939 5 years ago

I have an unconfirmed rumor by legitimate sources that we'll hear something by the end of this week.

#1047 5 years ago

I don't have any money for a remake but I'm still excited to see when this gets officially announced! And I don't think the word "license" has been said enough in this thread. So license.

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Well whatever it is ? I gotta hit pay now
My Attack LE I cant get enough

You are their favorite customer

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Crap, I am so excited for the announcement to officially be Monster Bash, but my bank account is dreading the announcement.

It is officially Monster Bash, confirmed by CGC. Or do you mean you're waiting for the official official announcement where they include prices, pictures, and all additional features?

#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

is the general consensus that the original "feature" that they are fixing are the eddy switch "phantom flip"?
I always thought that it was a neat feature but never got to the point of trusting it to work

No

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I think the main deciding factor for me will be the “2018 code mode”.
That just puts it over the top for me. Classic game completely modernized.
Let’s see.

What if Lyman did some moonlighting to add new code... "Sheats's Treats"

1 week later
#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I suppose it could be anything, but if the "new" art is identical to the "old" art what could be the issue?
The only issue that comes to mind is the Topper...there wasn't one before, so now we do have new art.
Robert

I'm sure they've been in contact with the licensor throughout this process, they aren't just going to work for months and hundreds (1000s?) of man-hours on the risk of the licensor saying scrap and start over at the very end of the process.

Any changes, regardless of how minor they are perceived, need final licensor approval. You add an extra eyelash on a piece of plastic and it must be approved. I'm hoping that the final approval does not take long to sign off and start production.

I agree with many that this has taken longer than expected, but I think we'll see a very nice game in the end.

#1251 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If they're confident they have a winner, they'll release all the information, including decent video, on Wednesday next week ... the day of Deadpool's stream debut.

Yep. There's lots of money burning in pockets right now, CGC better strike quick to get a decent chunk of it!

#1265 5 years ago

Rumored release date is now 9/15/18

2 weeks later
#1323 5 years ago

All I can tell you is that it will cost more than I have in disposable income at the moment, and that makes me sad.

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Spent the morning at CGC play testing the new MBr. Sincere thank you to Ashley and everyone involved for the amazing opportunity and kind welcoming experience. A class act team with amazing products. Rest assured to all the Very long wait will be worth it and in typical CGC form they executed Superbly on this title as well. No easy task I'm sure but they fine tuned Every detail to ensure a quality and FUN experience for all! I true pleasure and opportunity, thank you again!
The Mod Couple

You just broke the NDA. Now I know that the new game is fun.... dammit man

#1329 5 years ago

They are just being polite, who wouldn't love a chance to play test a new (ish) game and have some general positive comments?

#1331 5 years ago

What else do you expect in this thread before official announcements? Just a bunch of people talking about what it may or may not be...

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

What was cut from the original?

Frankenstein skip ramp?

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

They botched nothing as has been pointed out. I bet they are more careful with their UL data, if that is possible.

Not possible as UL certification listings are public info. They need to announce the game before UL certification to prevent that.

4 weeks later
#1824 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Since Halloween is only a few weeks away, post pics here of items you spot at Halloween stores that could make great toppers.

Please don't

#1864 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Trust this is not a prototype or fake image. That Is the game take it or leave it but don’t expect more than you see. Nothing to be disappointed by honestly just not more than you see.

Pretty sure statements like this are against your NDA terms. It doesn't matter that someone else posted something first, that doesn't mean "cat's out of the bag I can say anything now"

For all we know this could be a mockup from someone's basement (which I doubt, but it's possible) and you are confirming the fact that this is indeed the CGC final offering of what you will get.

#1889 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Question for moderators: Why do some leaks (for example from Stern) get removed immediately after they are posted and others (such as this MBr leak) remain and even get highlighted as a key post?

Just fyi that it is not limited to moderators to mark posts as "key posts" so it is definitely possible that someone other than a moderator marked it as a key post, and then later a moderator or other pinside staff member took action on that account.

2 weeks later
#2063 5 years ago

I blame Rick, he has the track record to prove it.

#2095 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Is the cat finally out of the bag?

The cat's been out for quite a while now.

#2112 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I bet this means it's official this weekend!!!!!!!!

It'll be about 2 more weeks

#2119 5 years ago

The new dots look great. I think this example in particular really illustrates how much of an improvement they are.

creechXL (resized).pngcreechXL (resized).png
#2559 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, no rush. LEs will be available for quite a while.

"Sales guys hate him! Use this one weird trick to work around the #1 BS sales tactic"

#2724 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

On the new graveyard scene...the tombstones don’t have the letters D O H O on them. Maybe it’s a bad picture, I don’t see them.

The letters are there, just kind of dark. Here is a version I butchered up to make it more apparent

doho (resized).pngdoho (resized).png
1 week later
#2908 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Running out of LE preorders fast... what? Its been days since they were anounced and they are still available, so how are they running out? They are selling briskly, yes, and some distributors have run out, but I cant believe they have sold out 1250 LE’s already. Anyone else think they have?

Standard sales tactic, truth is not necessary to use it.

#2964 5 years ago

delt31 I agree with you but don't expect sales tactics to ever change :/ Creating a sense of scarcity is one of the most used/abused tactics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed?tu=snakesnsparklers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.