CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,261 posts - Hot topic!
  • 383 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 133 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

326eb4888213d5a145a36eac356c7573be8a442f (resized).jpg
F1E71F3F-472B-4D77-82DA-125638179F14 (resized).png
150CDDB1-EC04-4BD9-B6A3-F09E428A3520 (resized).jpeg
DF51180C-8B78-432C-993A-6C3096FDAF9B (resized).jpeg
E45BCC02-C993-40C5-A6B6-B58197907669 (resized).jpeg
774E6715-E71B-40FB-809B-848F95383F7A (resized).jpeg
235A37EF-C306-4566-8AA7-D4EDD6189626 (resized).jpeg
1C4370B3-4B8A-49D6-B5D0-7C7E2EE967EE (resized).jpeg
83C84771-0179-4A8A-987F-0328BB825EE8 (resized).jpeg
FD1083F5-BE9A-4EC6-9F88-09770BC0D361 (resized).jpeg
15399036285681557496200 (resized).jpg
153990360051696600880 (resized).jpg
15399034542881398208788 (resized).jpg
1539903425450329562628 (resized).jpg
1539903373343707950223 (resized).jpg
15399032778761966192523 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1792 First Monster Bash remake leaked pics Posted by Monsterbashbombs (17 days ago)

Post #1916 Monster Bash remake official topper pics Posted by CGC-Ryan (16 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#495 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is it just me or is this delay getting weird?

In light of Farsight losing the digital license, and according to them no option for renewal from WMS, I wonder if it's licensing problems.

If it's true that they had no option to renew at any cost, that may suggest WMS are looking for a major publisher / developer to take it on, or they wish to in-house it ... either way, exploit / profit from the IP far more.

Weren't there rumours a while ago that PPS would have to renegotiate the rights for physical stuff either already or very soon? Even if not, if WMS or their parent have decided they want more of the pie from increasingly valuable IP, I would imagine that might be an issue.

1 month later
#680 3 months ago

May well be nothing to do with it, but it isn't THAT unlikely that WMS' parent would consider re-entry to the market, given today's pricing, and at least in Stern's case, a hugely cost cut and presumably very high margin product. Their profit margins have to be a far cry from what they got out of in 1999.

Wouldn't even surprise me if they bought out CGC / Churchill.

Their reason for denying Farsight a license extension (at any cost) has to be to do with wanting the whole pie, and / or controlling their IP much more tightly - which would make sense if they intend to either take control of or make more cash out of the physical stuff.

#789 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I don't think the BOM is much different than WoZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and jjPotC. Probably less, in fact. It seemed to be packed for its time, but that's only relative to what came out at the same time.

BoM likely wouldn't be as high as Hobbit, WOZ or PotC, but assembly time and cost would be very high. Also there's so much shit to go on there that there'd probably be a lot more errors resulting in either having to redo things (further worsening it) or damage.

They'd have to price it high, and margin probably wouldn't be great. Plus, as has been stated, 16,000 were produced.

I don't see how it happens. After CCr / BBBr / ToMr they're probably best off doing original stuff. Anything else is pretty risky IMO - possibly TotANr less so if it had loads of new code and assets ... but even then ...

3 weeks later
#933 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I'm pretty sure it's hardbodies-r

Impossible to improve on the original.

#1037 88 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Fact or speculation?

Pretty doubtful any JPop machines except ToM get remade.

#1066 87 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If this is truly where they are in the process, I'm not expecting to see this machine hit the streets anytime soon.

Depends ... they may have been told that some parts can go to production already.

If they're still waiting for final approval on any toys that have been resculpted, or other bits and pieces and additions, or even pf changes ... could be ages.

But I would think at this stage it's more likely audio, video, topper, trim etc.

2 weeks later
#1250 70 days ago

If they're confident they have a winner, they'll release all the information, including decent video, on Wednesday next week ... the day of Deadpool's stream debut.

#1270 67 days ago

This isn't a new rumour, it's been around for ages.

But I suspect it'll be old vs. enhanced. Not old vs. new, as with BoP 2.0.

3 weeks later
#1467 45 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

The only challenge Monster Bash remake is going to face is dropping prices of originals. If the Topper is as killer as rumor suggest then there will be zero competition. AFMRLE was off the hook.

Dunno about that. They confirmed no code changes, and a lot of people have played MB to death given the ease of completion and difficulty draining.

A flowy new Gomez design has just been released in Deadpool.

Munsters (theme competitive) launches soon. ACNC (theme competitive) is also trickling out.

Pirates is finally shipping.

Plus I'm sure there will be surprises at Expo.

They'll no doubt sell a good number, but almost certainly they've lost high 3 figures or more in sales numbers by launching at least 6 months after TPF. They had a golden window of opportunity and missed it.

2 weeks later
#1559 31 days ago

I'm thinking the LE's will sell out immediately...

1000 units? No chance, especially after this wait.

People said the same about AFMr LE. You can still buy them NIB from retailers. When did orders for those go live? 18 months ago?

#1597 30 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Shoot, if companies waited to release machines just because the topper isn't approved yet, we still wouldn't have Stern's Star Wars yet.

You say that as if it would be a historic loss to pinball ...

#1645 26 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

which retailers?

They finally seem to have dried up in Pinside US adverts, but I'd be surprised if you rang round and they were all gone ... until recently there were adverts here.

Elsewhere, AFAIK Freddy's, Wayne & RS have them still. They're either very large or largeish distributors. If they have them, others probably do too.

1000 units is a lot, and outside of the US they're as expensive as a DI LE.

#1647 26 days ago

How many Deadpool LEs is Australia receiving, if you know or are at liberty to say? Or Maidens.

#1660 25 days ago

And a whole lot more.
Get the LE.
Just sayin"...

It can't really be "a whole lot more". Just improved toys and more lights.

If it was a whole lot more, it wouldn't be on the same code.

I expect it to be virtually identical to AFMr in this regard .. just the jump on displays will be bigger, because the original dots on MB aren't as good as AFM.

1 week later
#1776 17 days ago

MM and AFM prices have slowly been creeping back up after they bottomed out, whilst there are increasing numbers of remakes on the market for increasingly steep discounts - mainly AFMr.

As an example, 3 AFMr LEs have come onto the market recently between £6500-6800 in the UK. Only one has sold. New they cost £2000 ($2600) more.

IMO MBr will be more desirable relative to AFMr and MMr, for people that want a remake of those games, and thus may hold its value slightly better. Simply because the original dots weren't that great, and I assume the display work on MBr will be comparatively excellent.

Still, if 1000 LEs sell out within a year at retail, then I'll be amazed. Too much competition and too much delay, and some of the spats CGC had about repairs or replacements on Pinside probably damaged the value proposition (over Stern) that people perceived.

#1823 17 days ago

Topper looks a bit weird.

#1875 16 days ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

I'm still hoping that they switched to a P3-ROC, and that's what caused the delay.
They mentioned "new technology", but I'm not seeing any new technology in the pictures.

I don't see that as being likely.

Now that they've developed their own system for the remakes, there'd be little incentive not to use it, at least for MBr. P3ROC would be more expensive, plus they'd need to train their team to use the new environment. Also, their beaglebones are way cheaper than the mini-PCs being used on TNA / ACNC / Houdini / Kingpin / presumably Oktoberfest. There's no reason to use the P3ROC if there isn't new code - which they stated there isn't.

Whether their system is suitable for games which will likely require a total rewrite or massive additions to code, like CC / BBB / ToM is another question. Also, presumably, they will graduate to original titles at some point, if they stay in the game.

MBr is the last 'easy' one.

At least on the software side, as remarked on by a few forum members, it does seem a bit basic, with some pretty rudimentary colour masking on the display (as distinct from the excellent art / colouring). So how much the system is capable of is somewhat open to question.

#1881 16 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Correct. The high res color dot work was farmed out. At least on MMr and AFMr it was.

Graphics and code are not the same thing. I'm pretty sure the company who did the dots did not do the software. Indeed, they were appointed long into the development cycle of MMr AFAIK.

#1968 16 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Totally agree, except that IMO the market has not cooled. No way; it is super hard to find games these days for much less than NIB prices

You must be joking. Just look at the Pinside market.

Same story in UK / Europe. Not sure about Australia.

#1973 15 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Really? or is this a joke?

I'd imagine he means he doesn't want to see Andrew's face, given his own experience, his colleagues' and the latterly discovered scale of lies and deception.

If not, maybe someone got his password ... (suggest mods check IP).

1 week later
#2035 4 days ago

CVr will never happen.

TOTANr unlikely.

IMO there are 3 left. CCr, TOMr, BBBr. Latter being most unlikely.

The rest of the popular WMS stuff was either produced in BIG numbers or would cost too much to build and / or license, or both.

#2037 4 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You’re forgetting Scared Stiff. License not a problem or big money. TAF could happen. Even though it was produced in large numbers there are many more people wanting it. Including myself. The only draw back could be license. And I own half decent originals of both SS and TAF.

I don't think Scared Stiff would sell big enough numbers even in a vacuum. Prices aren't that high, and not that many were made.

Plus, you seem to be forgetting that Elvira 3 is upcoming from Stern. There's no way they'd go head to head with that.

#2040 4 days ago

I don't think I am ... demand would be minimal after an Elvira 3, and it'd be a huge risk for them to take for likely very minimal reward.

There's no point doing anything other than the low hanging fruit, because if they're going to take risks, they're better off doing original titles which build a sustainable future for them. Too much cost or too little demand for stuff that's already been done is a lose-lose for them.

#2075 1 day ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I blame Rick, he has the track record to prove it.

I don't think he really has much to do with any of this, approval or development, except agreeing a license fee with CGC.

All approval goes through Scientific Games (& Universal in this case). At least that's my understanding.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 14.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 214.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside