(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1792 First Monster Bash remake leaked pics Posted by Monsterbashbombs (5 years ago)

Post #1916 Monster Bash remake official topper pics Posted by CGC-Ryan (5 years ago)

Post #2448 Picture under the playfield of the Monster Bash remake. Posted by knockerlover (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

It’s a real bummer. I had been looking forward to remake #3 for the better part of a year. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise though. I was trying hard to decide which game to get to go along with AFMrLE to complete my 2-game collection. MMr is probably a stronger game, but MBr would have been sweet with all the newest enhancements if it’s anything like AFMr or better. But getting MMr might be the best choice anyway. I don’t have as much interest in the other titles.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Not a bad plan. I am sure you will love MMr as much as we do. Color upgrade is a MUST have!

Thanks! I think that’s the way I’m going to go!

#22 6 years ago

It really must not be ready since they would have had at least a couple months to iron out the kinks before production starts if their planned schedule was similar to last year.

#88 6 years ago

I agree with everyone who says that CGC could still have revealed the title of their next remake at TPF as they announced months ago that they were going to. That would be better than showing nothing at all after people had already made travel plans in part because of this reveal.

4 weeks later
#250 6 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

Talked to someone definitely "in the know" yesterday. While they wouldn't confirm (of course) which game it was, they said that if you thought the AFMLE topper was cool everyone will be blown away by the topper on the new game. Dancing monsters?

Or maybe something to with with electricity and Frankenstein’s monster or his Bride? Lots of possibilities for CGC to work with if it’s MBr.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What if they announced multiple new titles?

Doug indicated at TPF that they hope to have game #4 ready for the next TPF. I still hope MBr is game #3.

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What was the wait time between the announcement and when they started shipping AFMr?

AFMr was announced at TPF March of last year and started shipping at the end of May, a little over 2 months later. Pretty impressive considering they had to create their own assembly line. It probably helped that they already made their own playfields and cabinets and could control that part of production.

2 weeks later
#383 5 years ago

Awesome find!! This photo along with the recent photo showing a MB playfield at the Churchill factory is strong evidence that MBr will be the next remake. Can’t wait to put one next to my MMr and AFMr LE!

The Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show is scheduled for June 8-10. Hopefully CGC makes an official announcement before then.

2 weeks later
#496 5 years ago

I’m a huge fan of CGC because they make awesome high-quality games, but I’m also beginning to lose a little interest. That is probably a good thing though since I really don’t need another machine haha. Love my AFMr and MMr and will be very content to stop there with a simple 2-game collection and save money and space. I’m sure CGC will make a brilliant game though, and are taking the time to do it right.

When I spoke to Doug at TPF he said the delay was because they wanted to add more features to the game. I didn’t get the impression it had anything to do with licensing, but more likely mechanisms and/or code.

2 months later
#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Licensing approval.....can only mean one thing! MONSTER BASH!!!!!

Probably, but they likely also need final approval from Bally-Williams as well.

1 month later
#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Come on CGC lets get this game out, my cash was redirected twice waiting. Toooooooo many other great titles out there any to little space.
Im sure this is defiantly redirecting buyer funds as MB does not have the gameplay and staying power of AFMr and MMr.

I agree. I would have purchased this game if it was revealed at TPF as planned, adding it to my MMr and AFMr LE. Now I just plan to keep my two games and play MBr on location. I’m sure it will be great, but I don’t really need a third game and the delay helped me recognize that.

#1480 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nope. CGC hasn't ever announced any date. Several shows tried to claim they'd have it only to be let down, but CGC didn't put a timeline on it.

Quoted from epthegeek:

They didn't announce that the game would be at TPF though, did they? Just posted after the fact because TPF had represented that it would be there and then plans changed and they posted after the fact to say that they wanted to make TPF but changed plans.
I don't remember any point where CGC posted a "Come see our new game at ...!" type thing and then retracted it.

Doug Skor (when he was still working for CGC) said that remake #3 would be revealed at TPF. Here is his post, which was made around Christmas last year, 3 months or so before TPF. I remember this since I was considering buying a MBr at the time and was excited to see it. One thing I’ve learned about pinball, however, is that you have to take all planned timelines with a large grain of salt.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

5. We will unveil Pin #3 at the Texas Pinball Festival in March.
From your friends at CGC, we wish you all a great holiday season with your families.
Regards,
Doug Skor

1 week later
#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really? I thought the same with the AFMRLE, but they were available long after release. If they raise the price I doubt they'll sell out immediately.

I was surprised that AFMLE didn’t sell out much faster. In my opinion it’s as good as Pinball gets. Hard to imagine that MBr will sell out quicker. Even though it’s awesome it’s not quite as strong as AFM, but time will tell.

I received an email today from Pinball Magazine with this quote:

“Chicago Gaming, in person of Ashley Davis, was looking for testers for CGC’s Monster Bash remake. The idea behind this was to find out whether the game needs further improvement based on the feedback from those who tested it. In the meantime, it appears that Ashley Davis is no longer working for the company, and she was there only just for a few months.”

So first Doug Skor left the company, and now Ashley. That, plus the 6 month delay, seems strange to me. But I love my AFMrLE and MMr. Very high quality games.

#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I find it very difficult to believe that licensing would be the delay. They have known for years that they were making this game after AFM. If it is licensing than someone completed screwed up. I suspect its more supplier, company, manufacturing and or capital issues thats driving this delay....looking to outsiders for comments is fine, but this is a game thats been around for 20+ years so not sure I even buy the further improvement issue.

I know nothing about licensing but I agree. It’s a remake of a small market niche product so it’s hard to believe it would take weeks to months to get approval. If that’s the case something is wrong.

“Yep, looks and plays like the original. Approved.”

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Licensing is not as easy as that. The people that approved the original are probably no longer there, and new people might have different ideas of how key art should look like or how their characters are represented especially if they have new initiatives for those brands. Also there can be royalty issues with character creators etc. I've worked on a ton of licensed video games, I've been through all that stuff, some of it is just crazy. Sometimes at milestones they say, yeah great and then at final they say no to an entire character's voice and they want it replaced.

But with a remake they are using the same art, characters, voices, and code. The display graphics will be upgraded to hi-res which is a slight modification, the topper will be new, and there will likely be some slight changes on the playfield, but the basic game will be the same just like it was with MMr and AFMr. Does it really take weeks or months to approve minor changes? I have no idea but it seems very odd, particularly with a company like CGC which already has a proven track record.

I’m looking forward to seeing the game and can’t wait to play it. I do worry a little that they may have raised expectations too far but I’m sure it will be great.

#1668 5 years ago

It’s always better to underpromise and overdeliver.

1 week later
#1775 5 years ago

If Yelobird has seen MBr and is thinking of buying an original it sounds like it will be hard for CGC to justify delaying the release for over half a year in order to add extra features.

#1848 5 years ago

CGC said they were raising the bar on MBr to the same degree they did going from MMr to AFMr. After seeing these photos and hearing Yelobird’s impressions I don’t see it, especially after such a long delay. This is the problem when you overpromise. Still looking forward to playing one on location though.

2 weeks later
#2096 5 years ago

1,250 LE’s will be made?

Looks beautiful. It will be great, as expected, just like MMr and AFMr are. CGC may be slow but they make a very high-quality product.

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

How many AFMr LE's were made?
1250 LE's for Monster Bash doesn't seem too limited IMO.

1000 AFMr LE’s were made. I have one, along with an MMr. I won’t be buying this game since two is enough for me but CGC makes awesome games. If I was getting a third game this would be an easy choice. Buy with confidence. Their machines are very high quality.

#2386 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would personally rather own MM and MB, or better yet, AFM and MB. AFM and MM are both great, but a little too similar in layout and shots.

AFM is my favorite. I debated between MM and MB but the more I play MM the more I like it. Can’t go wrong with any of these 3. Greatest games ever!

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is there any video on Youtube of someone installing that "color chip" to make your MMR or AFMR colored dots?
Wonder what that thing is. Is it a security dongle (and the data allready in the game) or does it contain the Color DMD info? Is ist an SD Card? An Eprom? Parallel Bus Dongle...

Here is a video showing the MMr color upgrade chip and installation. It’s very easy. Even I was able to do it haha.

#2518 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

And it looks like they did a price drop on AFM to 6k. I know I already said it in this thread, but lets see some $6k MMRs!

Where have you seen a price drop for AFMr to 6k? PPS has the Classic AFMr listed for $6499 plus shipping on their website, which is the same price as it was released. As the licensor I can’t imagine PPS would allow any distributor to sell it for less than they are.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-AFMRCE

#2523 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

PinballSTAR has AFMr Classic for $6k. Seen in latest email.

Wow, that’s very surprising. I wonder if Rick knows they are selling them for $499 less than he is. Interesting, to say the least.

Game Exchange of Colorado has them for $6799 which includes shipping, so same price as PPS. Isn’t there a minimum pricing policy that distributors are required to follow?

I think the lower price is great and much more reasonable, but it’s strange to see them being sold for different prices from different distributors.

https://gameexchange.biz/collections/pinball-machines/products/attack-from-mars-classic-edition

#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

They just haven't updated the site yet. The $6k price will be for all dealers

Gotcha. That makes sense. Things move slow in Pinball haha.

#2532 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dang
$12K gets ya a NIB AFM & NIB MB?
Or a BM66SLE

So true. That’s crazy ridiculous and really puts things in perspective.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed?tu=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.