(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 169 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1792 First Monster Bash remake leaked pics Posted by Monsterbashbombs (1 year ago)

Post #1916 Monster Bash remake official topper pics Posted by CGC-Ryan (1 year ago)

Post #2448 Picture under the playfield of the Monster Bash remake. Posted by knockerlover (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Sure, things can change. But if each remake sells well that is what you should expect. The "Potential" list is the list they plan to make if they keep selling. You guys really make all of this stuff much more complicated in then it is.

And then people get all butthurt because they inferred things that weren't actually said and then took it as fact for years.

#153 1 year ago

The reason for not announcing an incomplete or game not ready is simple... to avoid the questions that can't be answered.

With a title, pinside would have a gazillion questions about all the aspects of the game, its offerings, the prices, the options, etc. If all that isn't known and clear, and sharable.... grief is abound when someones question can't be answered.

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I'm confused here. Why does everyone refer to original architecture and code when discussing hurdles to pass for a remake. I thought they are made on totally new architecture and the code would be written from scratch. I'm a software developer and this code is a piece of cake to write. What difference does it make if the original code is assembly or the game was capcom or williams? What am I missing here?

They run the original ROM in an emmulator.. and then have an abstraction layer to the real hardware drivers. They don't re-write the original game.

1 month later
#366 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The licence issues with TAF are not entirely true. If the licencing was such an issue, the pinball game would not be available on Virtual pinball platforms. If CGC think there is a market for a particular machine, they will re make it.

They are true - it's just not impossible. It took a lot more effort and $$ relative to others.

#411 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Sales numbers would be interesting. How many MMrs sold versus AFMrs (you’d obviously have to adjust for time product was available). My guess is that MBr would sell less than bot

So you think their third title that isn’t one of the top rated games ever... will sell less than their prior choices? Fascinating...

How would you suggest they sell as many games each time when they started with the easiest slam dunks?

2 weeks later
#507 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This is what happens every time when the manufacturer is silent, nothing abnormal here

This is what happens on PINSIDE - and why it gets such a bad rap in different circles. Hyperbole, exaggeration, leaping before you look... anything to move quick instead of smart.

Reality is no matter what info CGC gave out, if CGC couldn't answer EVERY question AT THAT TIME, pinside would come up with something to be upset about.

If they showed a game, but didn't show a price... people would freak. If they showed a game, but not answer every feature/part matrix question... people would nag on about 'how come they can't tell us...', 'when will they start shipping', etc etc etc.

CGC is taking the approach of 'no partial info, only full info' combined with backing the launch with real shipments.

Eager customers are often their own worst enemies.

#534 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I think they are going to announce multiple games. Just IMHO.

Why would they want to compete with themselves?

2 months later
#989 1 year ago

Does anyone know if they are still shipping afmrr orders these days? Are distributors getting new inventory ?

#1063 1 year ago

Well check out their UL listing...

CHICAGO GAMING CO INC E241313
4616 W 19Th St
Cicero, IL 60804-2502 USA

Pinball Machine, Model(s) 11000 ("Medieval Madness"), 11000-LE ("Medieval Madness"), 12000-CE ("Attack From Mars"), 12000-LE ("Attack From Mars"), 12000-SE ("Attack From Mars"), 13000-CE ("Monster Bash"), 13000-LE ("Monster Bash"), 13000-SE ("Monster Bash")

Video games, Model(s) 10101 ("Nicktoons Nitro"), 10600 ("GalacTix")

Collector's Edition Monster Bash people???

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If this is truly where they are in the process, I'm not expecting to see this machine hit the streets anytime soon.

No way... one thing CGC proved with AFMr was... once they start, they can spin up very quickly.

1 month later
#1309 1 year ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

when did toppers become so important? I'll take a well designed and solidly built game over the coolest topper any day of the week.

Sure... but when you already have a well designed and solidly built game.... ones like the AFM topper are great cherries on top.

In the case of AFMr - it wasn’t an either or....

#1452 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Didn’t the announcement of MB only happen because someone got all CSI on their asses? Probably would have been better if that never happened. Not really their fault. That said... I hate waiting too.

No, it was told that the game would be revealed at TPF... then CGC themselves said it wouldn't be. Then two other times they had arranged with shows/events to showcase the game, and had to back off. Then finally they (CGC) acknowledged the game was ready and had UL... which we then simply looked up... confirming the title. Then CGC finally conceded the title reveal.

The truth is... they missed their target of TPF... and 6 months later they still don't have the game ready to sell. Time to market is now a significant thing in the pinball space as the market is full of 'buy now' buyers. So if your product isn't ready to sell, you risk losing that opportunity to your competition.

In the time that people have been expecting CGC's next game... many games have become available to purchase... eating away at money people were planning on spending on a CGC title.

So it's more than just 'waiting' - for CGC it's a window of opportunity that is challenged by other product on the market.

#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

They botched nothing as has been pointed out. I bet they are more careful with their UL data, if that is possible.
The internet makes some things WAYYY too easy

I bet the 6 months of sales they haven't been collecting on feels botched.

They missed their time table... and in the mean time lost one of their top guys. This isn't 'impatient pinside' - this is reality.

#1477 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nope. CGC hasn't ever announced any date. Several shows tried to claim they'd have it only to be let down, but CGC didn't put a timeline on it.

TPF was a defacto launch - and even CGC had to go on record when they pulled out. CGC announced the change, not the shows (unlike the later milestones)

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They didn't announce that the game would be at TPF though, did they? Just posted after the fact because TPF had represented that it would be there and then plans changed and they posted after the fact to say that they wanted to make TPF but changed plans.
I don't remember any point where CGC posted a "Come see our new game at ...!" type thing and then retracted it.

They don't pre-announce anything... they just launch it. So there never is a 'announce to announce' message. But it's semantics to pick over because CGC themselves acknowledges the planned launch was TPF... pre-announced or not. It was also well known that CGC was planning to launch there. And a week BEFORE the show, they publicly acknowledged via their FB they would not be be showing the game.. and even THEN said there would be more info in the coming weeks. Yet, it took 6 months before they again acknowledged the state of the game.

It's pointless to argue "if you never pre-announce anything, you're never late" - The plan, announced or not, was known and acknowledged.

1 week later
#1555 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I bet you even Thunderbirds sells out

*snort*

Well if you only build 20-40... after people pay. I guess you can call that a sellout

1 month later
#2677 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stated as a fact. What is the basis for this opinion? What makes it awful? The rules are perfectly in sync with the design. A playfield doesn't exist in a vacuum.

GET A FUCKING ROOM already...

No one wants to hear why Rarehero is the one and only that sees Hobbit for what it is. This is the MBr thread...

#2753 12 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

What game is thinner... TOM or MB?
What game is easier to get through, and what game has less to see?

Tom is thinner. It has more variety in its modes... but really nothing interesting besides doing vanish to get another ball in mb. The rest is just play multiball... and play a mode just to mark the checkbox.

At least mb has more strategy and risk reward with stacking the modes and multiballs... and the goal of getting the mode finished for monsters of rock. Plus choices about how to use mosh pit mb.

Tom you can just drone on... mb at least has some risk reward.

2 weeks later
#2999 11 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

My understanding is that there is no true 'white' pixel in LCD - so they basically blast the blue pixel which gives it almost a white look - known as a cool white. Warm whites are tough as well for sure.

which is what he was saying with all the effort to tune the colors. RGB makes white by combining colors.

RGBW is a thing as well... where you have 4 sources.. but isn't used here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 21.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside