(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 169 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1792 First Monster Bash remake leaked pics Posted by Monsterbashbombs (1 year ago)

Post #1916 Monster Bash remake official topper pics Posted by CGC-Ryan (1 year ago)

Post #2448 Picture under the playfield of the Monster Bash remake. Posted by knockerlover (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 1 year ago

I may sound naive but I really had no idea how many people went to shows just for the reveals.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from hawknole:

A black eye is defined as a setback. That is exactly what this is.

No.

A black eye is an embarrassment, a humiliation, something that harms a reputation.

If you are selling the idea that people will specifically refuse to do business with them because of a well-explained, in advance, absence at a show, I ain’t buying.

Basically you just have a bunch of annoyed pinsiders. What else is new? I’m pretty sure the sun came up today so what’s different than any other day.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from hawknole:

According to Merriam-Webster it is...also called a DEFEAT.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/black%20eye

Not sure why you are trying to put words in my mouth Levi. I said none of those things

It’s not a black eye. It’s not a defeat. It’s just business. I wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth but calling this a “defeat” is not accurate.

It’s pinball. Shit happens, ya know?

Look up “overdramatic” In the dictionary and tell me what it says.

2 months later
#466 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Isn't 2800 of anything huge numbers in todays pinball market?

It seems that way to me. Those are numbers many second-tier 90s games sold.

Not sure what people expect out of pinball these days but I know one thing - those expectations are likely to be crazy!

3 weeks later
#593 1 year ago
Quoted from parabol420:

You aren't adding anything substantial to the conversation and only getting people hyped up more, ie see the guy who sold his only pin so he could buy CGC #3 because we were told it was announcing at Expo.

Please. You can't protect people that stupid from their own stupidity, and you certainly can't blame someone else.

1 month later
#892 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

really wasn't too interested in MB but if the rumors are true, and this thing is coming out with expanded code - well hot damn. Excited to find out. That would be a game changer - literally.

Does the remake team have any quality rules/code guys on their team to make this something that could be considered a game-changer? Making interesting, fun rules isn't easy and I don't remember anybody getting too fired up over the Vacation America code. Although to be honest I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter. New/additional rules would probably excite the pinside crowd and loosen some purse strings whether or not they are any good.

#897 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Well, you could practice on an AFMR. Just figure out how the boards work and what signals are going where and you can design some hardware to take those signals and convert it so it can drive the WPC boards.
Couldn't be simpler! You just need a few decades of embedded programming experience, understanding of SMT electronics, how to interpret oscilloscope output and a few months of dedicated time. Easy!

It's a no-brainer!

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

This time he'll be playing the guy minding the holy grail.

The "he chose poorly" guy?!

If this were Star Wars he'd probably be getting a spinoff movie.

1 week later
#993 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Well the next shows where an announcement and game demo could be:
Cal Extreme: 7/28-29
Indiana: 8/9-11
Then: Saratoga, Cleveland & Vancouver...which takes us into September.
Robert

They could also just announce it on a random Wednesday and not at a show.

When did pinside become convinced that games can only be announced at shows?

2 months later
#1929 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just assume Stern is on the ball asking for images to be taken down, and that's why the Munster leaks haven't been passed around even though they came out months ago. I sure wasn't gonna post them.
I dunno what people were hoping for, but it's Monster Bash. We already knew it wouldn't have new code, what did you really expect? Has some light up toy and sculpted topper, the basics. If you want a Monster Bash now you can get one. If you needed convincing extra stuff to get one then my advice to you is pass on the game. Because it's super fun, but ultimately pretty shallow, and if you're not all in just with the basics already no little extra doodad is going to transform it into some kind of deep keeper title.

The desperate thirst of pinside never ceases to amaze me. But if all the thirst, the begging for remake reveals takes the cake.

#1934 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here you go. [quoted image]

I was in on a monster bash remake but now that I see the playfield is a monster bash I’m starting to wonder if I should get a Munsters.

Plus I’ve been waiting 20 years to buy a monster bash and this interminable delay of many months is causing further doubt on whether or not this is the game for me.

#1986 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Whats the hype? its still a 20 year old game for double
the price from 20 years ago.
Better buy a original for 2/3 off the new price.
Or better.... wait for Munsters and then make your choice.

How is waiting for munsters gonna help some one who wants a monster bash?

2 weeks later
#2127 12 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Game looks really well done, waiting to see munsters if happening before i pull the trigger

Why do people keep saying this?

I'm pretty sure they won't be the same game.

#2385 11 months ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Do any of the previous Remakes have playfield dimpling problems where you can see the balls indenting the playfield?

You gotta find a new hobby. Pinball ain’t for you.

#2521 11 months ago
Quoted from chill:

PinballSTAR has AFMr Classic for $6k.

Plus $300 for shipping and $400 for color.

#2544 11 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did anyone ask what the 6+ month delay was due to????

Not sure anybody cares.

If you want one you can buy one now.

#2565 11 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

In the long run, maybe a little more competition at the pro level will cause Stern to drop pricing.

Nobody in the industry wants to see prices drop and Stern STILL has the cheapest games by a good margin so I don't think we'll see your hypothetical play out, sorry.

#2614 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don’t fucking troll me Vic. I never claimed Hobbit was fun because of depth. It’s fun because it’s fun. I’d never own a non-fun game.

And yet you continue to troll all of us by insisting Hobbit isn't one of the worst games of the modern era.

Well I for one am not taking the bait!

Again anyway.

Carry on.

#2618 11 months ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Guys.... guys....! What’s the deal!??

The deal is we all like killing time at work by arguing about stupid shit. It's literally why this place exists!

Your plea for world peace is not going to change that.

#2623 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If it came down to it a new pinball machine is a far better financial move versus buying a new car. Car loans that come with a majority of new car purchases are the biggest reason why people cannot build wealth.

This may be the worst cargument ever.

You can't drive a pinball machine to work. You can't pick up the kids with it. You can't move pinball machines with it.

A pinball machine literally has almost ZERO PERCENT in common with a car.

In the lives of about 98 percent of the people here (myself not included), a pinball machine is a far worse investment than a car. Unless you have a car already I guess.

#2639 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So do 548 other people on Pinside....but the same vocal 5 people who hate it (and have prob never played it on new code with some settings tweaks & the sound blasting) are convinced I’m the only person who likes it.

Slimer on line 2 for Rarehero...hard to understand what he's saying but I think he keeps screaming something in Slimer language about "irony."

#2650 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No irony. When I rip on a game like that I have a litany of legitimate issues with it that others can verifiably prove. No one who rips on Hobbit has anything of substance to complain about.
Hobbit's not a tournament game. It's not for you.

LOL @ "proving" an opinion.

You are unhinged. Hobbit is terrible because I say it is. The tournament slam is ridiculous - I've been arguing about pinball machines online just as long as you have and playing in tournaments for like 3 years.

I honestly can't see why you are in love with that clattering contraption of banality and boredom. I mean you've stated why, but I just don't see it.

You know I'm on board with you on Ghostbusters of course!

#2655 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Because it's not. Have you played it since 2016?

I played it yesterday after a service call.

It was, and still is, and always will be awful. The software will never save that horrible playfield design. I'm always impressed by how good the sound is, however, as long as you can hear it over the painful death rattle of all of those drop targets.

Why are we arguing about this? You are a veteran of a million political flamewars, do you really think anybody's mind is going to get changed?

#2658 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Airballs are facts. Outlane hops are facts. Cheap STDM drains from magna-slings and loop ricochets and scoop are facts. Linear mode ladders are a fact.
My opinion is based off these facts.

Stated as a fact. What is the basis for this opinion? What makes it awful? The rules are perfectly in sync with the design. A playfield doesn't exist in a vacuum.

It’s boring and dumb and stupid. Also it’s not fun. And too easy.

Boom! Proved it with facts!

#2743 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dorris Ho, Scott "Matrix" Slomiany’s wife!

Never knew that!

#2777 11 months ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I beat mb in the three weeks I had it. I have yet to beat tom.

Maybe you did and just didn't notice.

They don't call it The Bland Finale for nothing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ringwood, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside