(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 169 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1792 First Monster Bash remake leaked pics Posted by Monsterbashbombs (1 year ago)

Post #1916 Monster Bash remake official topper pics Posted by CGC-Ryan (1 year ago)

Post #2448 Picture under the playfield of the Monster Bash remake. Posted by knockerlover (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1134 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

With the remake announced ??
Whats a really nice original worth ?
Full leds , color dmd ,???

Depends on mbr prices and features.... but 7500-8500 for a very nice modded original sldnt be a issue imo

#1141 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I just got an email that said pricing should be similar and that serial number match program should be available. In for MBLE.

Similar but not the same ...which means at least a 250.00 increase across the board imo...

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Yeah, we all knew what the next CGC remake was going to be but the delays, the secrecy and silence, the loss of Doug to Stern put doubts in everyone's mind of what was happening. Will it happen, what is going on at CGC ???
So it's good to see CGC is releasing their 3rd remake. It's really perfect for the industry. It exciting and good for us all.
I'm going to make an educated guess and say that with the enormous amount of moving parts in MB, the delay was to ensure the moving parts were superior to the original. I know, on the surface, the MBr will look identical to the OG but underneath will be soooooo improved (like the other two remakes).
Anyway. I have room for one more pin in my arcade and this might be it.

Whats improved on the hardware/moving parts ? I believe they are the same used on the original ?

#1148 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Besides 20 years newer parts. nothing we know of, yet.
Depending on model, a chance we may see shaker motor integrated with game play, better audio, speaker lights, bigger display, mirror blades, kick ass topper. And maybe more.
All depends on which model you buy, and if there are any surprises.
LTG : )

Those original parts have lasted this long, i doubt they are gonna break now.... im more worried about the quality of metal components this day in age truefully.

#1149 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Lloyd Anyword on the rumored expanded code since monster bash is very shallow?

I hope so as this will be a huge step fwd for future remakes also. If there is one issue with some of the b/w titles it was the limitations of the amount of code at the time.

1 month later
#1552 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really? I thought the same with the AFMRLE, but they were available long after release. If they raise the price I doubt they'll sell out immediately.

Yea to many new pins to choose from.... i had my fun with mb for 4 months.... a few changes and topper are not gonna change the gameplay or rule set.

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Color dmd right? Topper on high end model only, right? Priced around 8.5kish?

Plus tax and freight....lol

3 weeks later
#2034 1 year ago

Cv will be expensive to make due to many differences from other wpc95 pins and it has alot of challenging things to redo. The head is different due to the backbox translight and tub and the cab is also slightly modified.
Also the lcd screen they use will not work bc of where its located on the playfield. Also the neon wld have to be changed to leds or something else to pass ul . I think cv with all the challenges wld be to costly to remake especially for the current market . I think cc makes the most sence especially if a new code cld be added.

#2331 12 months ago

Mb is fun but got old pretty quickly in my house.... even compared to afm which ive had for years. I wldnt want it in a small collection but it sld be fine for most people that have at least 3 other pins. Regardless cgc did a nice job on the remake with the gi lighting and extras. Glad more folks get to enjoy it .

#2366 12 months ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

How easy/hard is the original/remake MB compared to MM, in overall playing? I've played MMr but not MB. I read that it's a long ball time pin. Thx

I had afm. Mm and mb at the same time.... afm and mm were on stock settings and never did beat them .... took all eb away from mb and outlane post up all the way and it still was pretty easy. None the less still a fun pin for the short time i had it and worth owning at some point.

#2387 12 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Look, this 'deep code' obsession is just too much. If you want that kind of game, buy that kind of game. I dig it, there's no judgment at all. There are people catering to you, support them. Let's all just remember it's not the only way to have fun with pinball. There's a reason the '90s games have been popular for so long, they're just plain fun. You can play them whenever, without a giant grind, and have a good time.
A lot of these new pins are cute and clever, and kinda soul-less rules machines. You don't get kick ass voice acting like Monster Bash has. The looping theme is one of my all time favorite pinball tracks. It's the full package, it looks great, it sounds great, it's fun to play, it's easy to show new players what to do and they can have a good time trying to put Frankenstein together.
The prices are ridiculous, and yet, a deal lol. Games are too expensive now. And yet $6k is solid in the market. $8k for a game is ridiculous, but for one that nice even without the cool extra stuff you'd pat $10-12k before. So ... it's good. I hate the new prices, hate hate hate it, ruining the hobby, but this is a good deal if you can accept where things are at, if that makes sense.

I agree with everything u said ,but also the 90s pins were made for a arcade environment and meant to take your money which is why the code is the way it is. They were not meant for home use and playing over and over for free . Ive owned most b/w dmd pins and they are my favorite but they do get old pretty fast even in my 8-10 pin collection. Luckily i only get to reallly play my pins in the winter so that helps but i still change out pins a fair amount. Just glad more people get to enjoy these classics for a lot less than the original's once cost.

#2388 12 months ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

AFM is my favorite. I debated between MM and MB but the more I play MM the more I like it. Can’t go wrong with any of these 3. Greatest games ever!

Ive had them all and afm is my favorite and still around after years..... all are fun and some the best pins ever.

#2471 12 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

If you had no nostalgic attachment to MBr LE, and compared it to other NIB games, would MBr still come out on top for you?
I have an LE on order. But I’m on the fence. I only have a handful of games on older MBr’s.
I’m thinking it would be great to own this remade classic. Hmmm.

So many great choices available and coming out soon..... its a fun pin for a little while but for the money there are much better pins for home environment with much longer lasting power imo. It actually didnt last long at my house as the game and callouts gets super repetitive very fast.

#2472 12 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is there a standard Cliffy you can get for the Drac track?

No but im guessing they will use mylar on both sides of the track which will be totally fine..... much like dialed in did. I wld be more worried about the scoop as it takes a beating ...did they add a mantis style protector like on afmr?

#2500 12 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

$ 7999 for the LE is one of the best deals in pinball!

Really? Y ? Thats still alot of money and its a reboot with a few upgrades. Theres not alot to mb imo and i think there are much better pins for less and definitely better pins in this price range. Yes compared to the price of restored modded originals its a nice deal ....just like when mmr and afmr came out. The remakes are keeping most b/w pins in check with prices which is good.

#2597 12 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... So I am thinking about getting an LE... Its just gorgeous and plays amazing. I played it at the expo for like 50 plays... I put up a few decent scores on it... Here is my question to people though...
Is this game deep enough for a home use game. My fear is that it isn't. Now I played this and I played Deadpool. I liked this a hell of a lot better than deadpool. In fact this was one of my favorite games that I played at the expo, if not my most favorite one. Love Attack from Mars and I plan on getting that at one point too.
Didn't care too much for the hobbit, and while I thought JJ Pirates was an amazing game. That game's theme is just does nothing for me. And the amount of moving parts on it scares the hell out of me, and my 100 year old floors.
So, I know I'll have a great time with this machine. It looks amazing. Plays amazing.
But, how long till I get bored of it and move on. My friend made Monster Bash mode on the weekend and I think if I played more by myself and not 2 player games I could have done so too... I stink generally when taking turns.
So how well do you guys think this will hold up in a household collection?

Its a fairly easy pin even set up difficult and you will see most everything it has to offer a few times a week... its also a fun pin with great theme and animations. You need to decide if over 8k is worth it.... i find afm and mm much more difficult and longer lasting in home use. Everyone likes different things in pins so just make sure you play itva bunch before you purchase.

#2600 12 months ago
Quoted from splitskull:

can you add a shaker to CE and SE? If yes, which one like give me an example from marco or something... ty

I think pps sells a shaker but not sure if the ce and se mbr will work as it hasn't been mentioned.. im sure it will at some point tho

#2601 12 months ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

These protectors were mangled after one day at expo. Someone pointed it out to me. I’m in on an LE, but just wanted to mention that you will want to get a proper Cliffs protector.

Even regular cliffys got damaged on my mb.. used both mantis and cliffy and that did the trick. The design of that scoop really makes the left side take a beating.

#2613 12 months ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Question for the Distributors on here. How fast are these selling? I'm interested in picking up an LE but can't lock in a non refundable deposit right this second.

Pps offers a refundable deposit....

#2689 12 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally agree that CCG toppers are the gold standard, and it will hard to ever beat the topper for AFMRLE......I also agree that JJP toppers are absolutely horrible, which is a surprise considering their games are built to such a high standard (I've owned them all).

Its a topper? I for one cld care less about them ... however i do like afmr, wh20 and fish tales.

#2693 12 months ago

Probably b cheaper and definitely much easier to bye the se. Probably uses individual rgb gi lighting like tna? Also its probably in the code of the se and le.

#2696 12 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

Awesome. Let me know when you get it so about 3 months later I can get an LE at a discount!!

I give it a month lol...

#2700 12 months ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Yes, this is quite likely correct. Just trying to analyze all the possibilities, and also I am really just curious how CGC is going to equip the GI lighting differently in the different model lines. Personally I would not think they’d want to have separate versions of code, or different wiring harnesses, etc. But maybe they will.

The se and le look to use something like this where the ce will probably use regular bayonet type sockets....maybe the se and le use a extra driver board but not sure. Its probably just in the code like the speaker lights and afmr topper were
https://www.pinballlife.com/p3-roc-single-rgb-gi-pcb-assembly.html

#2702 12 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok so I have two buyers already.... Sweet!

Lmao

#2748 11 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

What game is thinner... TOM or MB?
What game is easier to get through, and what game has less to see?

About the same from my experience... both are pretty simple and on the easier side ..even set up difficult. Still fun to play for a bit and tom has some neat magnet tricks.

#2756 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Harder to achieve wizard modes.

By far.. i had all 3 at the same time... had mm and afm on factory settings with outlanes in middle . Mb i took away extra balls and moved outlanes all the way up and still regularly saw most it had to offer . All are fun but i still haven't beat afm or mm...

#2846 11 months ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

This is my favorite pinball machine of all time. I know I am definitely not a super great pinball player, but honestly I dont fully understand how everyone talks about how easy it is. I have never owned the machine and just played it at public locations but I would estimate I have probably played the game a total of around 50 times. Of those 50 times, I have only made it to "Monster Bash" 2 times. And I still have yet to make it to "Monsters of Rock." On my virtual Monster Bash I have done it tons of times, but never on the machine itself.

Big difference once you own it and play it more at home. On factory settings its very very easy at home and i recommend at least making the extra balls more difficult /or take them away and opening the outlanes.... even then after a few weeks of lots of play it gets relatively easy. Still fun pin so enjoy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside