(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1792 First Monster Bash remake leaked pics Posted by Monsterbashbombs (5 years ago)

Post #1916 Monster Bash remake official topper pics Posted by CGC-Ryan (5 years ago)

Post #2448 Picture under the playfield of the Monster Bash remake. Posted by knockerlover (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Only_Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Mentioned in the AFM Owners page but figured this needs its own topic.

Per CGC Facebook Page...

Like a fine wine, a pinball is not done till it’s done. We have elected to delay the introduction of Pinball #3. Originally we were scheduled to introduce our next pin at the Texas Pinball Festival in Dallas, Texas on March 16-18th. Additional features are being added while deploying some newer technologies. While we know this will disappoint a few people, we are confident that once they see the final product that they will be blown away. Chicago Gaming will still be present at the Texas Pinball Festival regardless. More information on PIN # 3 in the weeks to come.

I am one of the few that is disappointed for sure! Hope we see it soon!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

But getting MMr might be the best choice anyway. I don’t have as much interest in the other titles.

Not a bad plan. I am sure you will love MMr as much as we do. Color upgrade is a MUST have!

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It might be CCr, but hard to think that the delay would be because of the code. Surely they could have launched it with some prelimilary continued code and later on fixed it with newer version.

I'm not so sure CGC would do this and risk taking the heat other companies have by doing it.

1 month later
#399 5 years ago

I think everyone is waiting for the official announcement. Hard to imagine at this point that its not going to be MBr. Even know it's not a title I plan on getting I can't wait to see what they have come up with.

1 month later
#545 5 years ago

It's crazy that it's now been 89 days since we first learned of the delay!

#629 5 years ago

I think CCr with finished / expanded software would do quite well.

1 week later
#670 5 years ago

At this point it's almost like they ran into licensing issues and moved on to another non licensed title till it's resolved. All I know for sure is that the wait is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!

#788 5 years ago

This was from a show guide a few years ago.

CGC3 (resized).jpgCGC3 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#918 5 years ago

We should have started a contest on who could pick the closest date. If everyone who posted in this thread played and kicked in $35 for guess we would have enough for the winner to get the game!

#942 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I have an unconfirmed rumor by legitimate sources that we'll hear something by the end of this week.

Fingers crossed!

#995 5 years ago

I had high hopes that we would hear this week. The wait continues.....

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

It looks like it has a white round plunger did CC ship with a white round plunger?

Shipped with a round silver plunger.

#1038 5 years ago

I'm still holding out hope that CC is next. I realize the chance of that is low to none.

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Licensing approval.....can only mean one thing! MONSTER BASH!!!!!

Not necessarily. They have to deliver a game to Scientific also.

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well check out their UL listing...

CHICAGO GAMING CO INC E241313
4616 W 19Th St
Cicero, IL 60804-2502 USA

Pinball Machine, Model(s) 11000 ("Medieval Madness"), 11000-LE ("Medieval Madness"), 12000-CE ("Attack From Mars"), 12000-LE ("Attack From Mars"), 12000-SE ("Attack From Mars"), 13000-CE ("Monster Bash"), 13000-LE ("Monster Bash"), 13000-SE ("Monster Bash")

Video games, Model(s) 10101 ("Nicktoons Nitro"), 10600 ("GalacTix")

Collector's Edition Monster Bash people???

We have a winner!

Looks like with AFMr we will see Classic, Special and Limited Edition versions.

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think CE could mean Classic Edition.

it does in the AFM line so probably the same here.

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

I certainly did not see the MB mentioned on my search. Was it taken off that fast?

http://productspec.ul.com/document.php?id=ASMU.E241313

Back to square one

#1119 5 years ago

Title changed

#1123 5 years ago

Hopefully they will be shipping these soon!

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I heard same pricing as afm

Let's hope! I cant wait to see the pics and info on what they added.

#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I hope so as this will be a huge step fwd for future remakes

I agree. Updated code would be a game changer and likely help sell more units. Fingers crossed.

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

they did mention that they just received the UL/CE approval and that same process delayed MMR by several months

Hopefully they remember this at game #4 time

#1168 5 years ago

To hopefully see the game and get details on what they have added. Bring it on CGC!

#1177 5 years ago

I am hoping we see pics this week.

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

think the main deciding factor for me will be the “2018 code mode”.

I agree 100% This will make it a MUST buy for me also! Come on CGC, we are chomping at the bit here!

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What if Lyman did some moonlighting to add new code... "Sheats's Treats"

That would be AWESOME!

#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

MIKEY IS TURNING INTO A MONSTER! SHOW USSSSSS SHOW USSSSS! WE NEED PICS

This is taking forever and a day! Come on CGC. We need pics!

I-ve-been-sitting-on-the-edge-of-my-seat-just-wai (resized).jpgI-ve-been-sitting-on-the-edge-of-my-seat-just-wai (resized).jpg
#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

this chinese water torture has to end sometime.

Let's hope so. I keep thinking it HAS to be this week for the past few and then nothing. Fingers crossed that we see this soon.

#1237 5 years ago

From what I understand, the game needs to get the green light from Scientific Games. The same was the case with MMr and AFMr.

#1263 5 years ago

Another week and no MBr pics. Sigh.

2 weeks later
#1351 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgc-Ashley:

The game with the topper is 7 feet tall. And to address an earlier question in this thread, we will be doing the serial number matching for LE owners.

Thanks for the update @Cgc-Ashley! I cant wait to see and play the game. Bring it on!

#1354 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Doug gave us a tour of the production process which made it evident why their quality rocks.

Didn't Doug move over to Stern?

#1356 5 years ago

That makes sense. Thanks

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

It looks like the one listed for sale is just so the West Chicago pinball company getting a list of how many want to buy the machine from them

He's talking about an original MB Proto with the Frank jump ramp.

#1388 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Regarding MB and Cliffy's - I take it they are a must have for this game, especially for the scope. Is this a good assumption?

Yes. However, I am guessing they will have some protection from factory like AFM has. Time will tell if this will be enough. I am also wondering if the Drac track has any protection. I have seen ones that are pretty beat up.

#1394 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

ARMRLE has very little if any factory protection...

They have a Mantis style protector and mine has been holding up quite well. YMMV

1 week later
#1469 5 years ago

It is now September, I wonder if this is the month we will finally see the game?

#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Doug Skor (when he was still working for CGC) said that remake #3 would be revealed at TPF. Here is his post,

I was just searching for this post. Thanks for finding it.

#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oktoberfest may be shown before MBr

I was thinking the same thing. Pretty crazy as AP had to actually design the game and not just remake it.

#1496 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Honesty....... I have lost so much interest in this now as I have owned one before for many years.

I am in the exact same boat. I have been thinking of revisiting the title but with so much on the horizon I'm now rethinking this. No question this delay has cost CGC. With the rumor of new code floating around the delay made sense. With that shot down, I can't imagine why this is over six months delayed.

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Another week and nothing from CGC
What’s going on with bash and this rate we won’t see it till next year

This is getting crazy.

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Im still waiting for CGC to make the saucer mod for AFMR classic like they said they would........ Aaaaaaaah.

Me too! I am also waiting for the larger display upgrade for MMr. .

#1562 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

So first Doug Skor left the company, and now Ashley. That, plus the 6 month delay, seems strange to me

This can't be good news. I wonder who is driving the bus over at CGC now. I wonder if we will ever find out what has caused this huge delay?

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

More
I know nothing about licensing but I agree. It’s a remake of a small market niche product so it’s hard to believe it would take weeks to months to get approval. If that’s the case something is wrong.

“Yep, looks and plays like the original. Approved

Exactly. If the game has no new code or animations and is pretty much identical to the original then why would approval take this long?

#1578 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Well I have pushed of any purchases until this has been officially released.

I think a lot of us have. There's been a lot of games released since this was originally going to be shown at TPF. This delay has to had to have cost CGC some sales in the short term at least.

#1599 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Approximately 40 new posts in the last 10-12 hours... I thought some news about the release had broke.

My guess is there will be a lot more then 40 post once this hits. Lots of us chopping a bit.

#1623 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Was hoping for some Friday good news with pics and details etc.....

You and all of us. Another week and still no MBr.

#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm assuming the one playfield extra I can see is on all models though

From what I've heard the "playfield extra" is on the SE and LE. I agree, the SE model will be the sweet spot. The topper is not even close to the level of AFM LE. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of unhappy people as CGC said this would blow our socks off and that doesn't seem like it will be the case. I wonder if there was something else planned and for whatever reason had to be removed. Either way, shiny new MBs will be available at some point and that's great.

#1696 5 years ago

Only delay is CGC releasing MB!

#1744 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I could not wait any longer,

Had to go and buy this

Just think of all the mods you can make!

#1765 5 years ago

I wonder if October is the month we will finally see the game?

#1771 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

and the line for #4 will start the day MBr is released.

The day after this is announced will be the day that "What is GCG game #4 going to be" thread is started.

Early front runner will be CC!

#1811 5 years ago

The topper doesn't move but has a cool light show. The CGC logo on screen is the same one that's used on the MMr test machine with the big display. CGC can't use the WMS logo. As mentioned above this is changeable in AFMr so probably the same here.

#1816 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Survive the MBr mini storm CGC and make your next remake amazing

I think the price point on this is going to be critical. There is so much out and coming that has captured everyone's interest. The NIB market hasn't been this crowded in decades and the race for those dollars is on.

#1830 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

If pics are in fact real.

The pics are real. Hopefully CGC will be posting high res pics on their website soon. One thing I wish they did was a mini plasma ball vs. the disk.

#1833 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Nope just some piss poor grainy photos ruining our ability for future beta tests

I'm really surprised that CGC allowed pictures to be taken during the testing.

#1846 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

get your cc ready”, and “the LEs will sell out” BS hype was nauseating already. Let the buyers decide what the value is now without fluff and false hype

I think the SE will be the one to get as it will have the benefit of the larger display. If pricing is similar to AFM it's a $700 up charge over the classic. Really it's more like $300 as CGC charges $400 for the color upgrade (if wanted).

#1850 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

CGC said they were raising the bar on MBr to the same degree they did going from MMr to AFMr. After seeing these photos and hearing Yelobird’s impressions I don’t see it, especially after such a long delay. This is the problem when you overpromise.

It really feels like they had something else planned and for whatever reason had to be pulled. We will likely never know.

#1852 5 years ago

One thing is for sure, there's a Monster smack down in our future. In one corner we have MBr and in the other, The Munsters.

Ding Ding Ding.

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

You can still have an official 'reveal' but I do not get the NDAs and all the hush-hush.

Especially considering its a game we all have played! It was no secret that it would have a large display and topper. I think part of the reason that the topper is getting a blah reception is GCG knocked it out of the park on the AFM one.

#1861 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Mabye ASOA was right and another version of the software was supposed to happen ( as they would need to also update software on Cactus Canyon)

It does have that feeling. I can't image that license issues would have held this up six months.

#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Afmr brought killer saucer light show, shaker,

I wonder if this will have a shaker. I'm guessing it will as MMr and AFMr do.

#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

They mentioned "new technology", but I'm not seeing any new technology in the pictures.

Great point. I totally forgot they had mentioned this.

#1880 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

Also, my understanding is that they don't currently have much of a software team

Correct. The high res color dot work was farmed out. At least on MMr and AFMr it was.

#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Graphics and code are not the same thing.

Very true. Was the emulation done in house?

#1892 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Wow, people really testing out their NDA's here.....Bad Idea

True but it's also creating a ton of buzz for CGC. That can't be all bad in this crowded NIB market

#1900 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

way.

Do they actually? Like the stern games with lcds? Bummer. I was unaware of this. I suffer from bad first ball reset syndrome sometimes

Yes. However , once ball 2 is served you can hold the start button for a few seconds and it will start a new game.

#1922 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Good Afternoon Pinsiders.

We are working hard to get Monster Bash out the door and into your hands, and are very close to its release.

Thanks for posting! As, you can see, we are pretty excited to see the game!

#1949 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

This was my old topper we made for my old MB

That looks crazy cool! Nice job.

#1993 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I was expecting painted figures on the LE as well considering they painted the saucers on AFMLE

They are also painted on SE. It would have been cool but also a lot more complicated. The AFM saucers are just hit with a basic spray paint. Imagine the hold up if they decide to paint the monsters!

#1998 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Only the special and le

I was wondering about this. Figured it would as AFMr and MMr do (or can be added). Hopefully we will see this pretty soon.

#2000 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

MB will be softer than MM/AFM remake demand locally given the above pricing rationale (circa 13k?) coupled with the lack of added value bang for buck this time around

The increased completion will likely not help sales too. I think they would have sold more if it came out in March like originally planned. I'm sure it will still do well

#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Well I'm comitted. Wifeput potch on JJP POTC. Keeping with original plan MBRLE

Congrats! It's a fun game for sure. This *MIGHT* be the week we hear more details on the game.

#2005 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Are you trying to trick us!

LOL

Nah. A buddy of mine talked to a dealer last week and he mentioned that he hoped to have pricing this week. I also remain skeptical but hopeful.

#2011 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Exhaled yesterday.

Holding my breath again.

Well, word has it that the game may be at the Pin a Go Go show today in California. I wouldn't suggest holding your breath though.

Screenshot_20181012-141256 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181012-141256 (resized).png
#2013 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I later heard that it was "something else" from Planetary Pinball, but that makes no sense...

Game #4!!!!!!!!!

#2020 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The something else is probably the big screen for MMr

I didn't even think about that. That would be very cool. Kinda perplexing why this has taken so long.

#2043 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Honestly I think it all depends on what their actually cost is to build a game at this point, and unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever know that answer. If they can start to build these remakes relatively cheap and can lower their prices

The big unknown is what the costs are for royalties to PPS and Scientific. Doing a new title certainly won't be cheap. I think we will see CCr before any new title.

#2047 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

More MBR paraphernalia from York Arcade & Pinball event. Photo taken by our good friend Nintendork9 (Twitter)

It should read......

Get yours and start jamming sometime in 2020!

#2051 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Are the prices staying the same or is there a bump?
Had not heard anything in a while.

Last I heard they were hoping to keep them in line with AFMr but nothing concrete.

#2054 5 years ago

Anyone care to guess if MBr will actually be at Expo?

#2064 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

The delay is getting to the odd area now. ...delay moving into prolonged territory with no explanation or comments

Now that Expo has started, if game is going to be shown we should see it tomorrow or Friday.

#2066 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

But really we kinda know what to expect, right? It’s the same game, with new topper

Absolutely. Price is pretty much all that's left still unclear. That and when they will start shipping.

#2082 5 years ago

Look what I found hidden on the CGC site!

http://chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash-remake

mb-cabinet (resized).pngmb-cabinet (resized).png
#2084 5 years ago

Models 13000-CE
Classic Edition 13000-SE
Special Edition 13000-LE
Limited Edition
Monster Bash Remake CE Monster Bash Remake SE Monster Bash Remake LE
Display Size Standard (13⅞") XL Display (19¼") XL Display (19¼")
Trim Color Stainless Stainless Electric Blue Metallic
HD Color Upgrade Upgradable Included Included
Premium Enhanced Sound System Included Included
RGB LED General Illumination Included Included
RGB LED Back Board Lighting Included Included
Bicolor LED Lit Moving Target, Creature Hole & Popper Included Included
LED Lit Dracula Coffin and Spinner Included Included
Improved Decoration on Playfield Monsters Included Included
Monsters of Rock Topper Included
Engraved Stainless Steel Front Molding Plaque Included
Serialized LE Medallion (Numbered 1 to 1,250) Included
Cabinet Side Mirrors Included
Plasma Disk Included
Shaker Motor Included
Warranty
Electronics 6 Months 12 Months 24 Months
Mechanical and Other Components 3 Months 6 Months 12 Months

#2085 5 years ago

This is cool!

mb-front-molding (resized).pngmb-front-molding (resized).png
#2086 5 years ago

Weird. It is still loading for me.

#2091 5 years ago
Quoted from rad:

loaded for me too. Thanks for posting.

Was happy to find it! This looks great and more stuff on this then we heard about! AWESOME job CGC!!!

#2103 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

I assume the plasma disc is LE only even though under the description it says LE and SE

It's wrong on the grid. Will be on SE

#2122 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That plasma disc is just a $5 LED toy with an upgraded detailed ring to enhance the effect.

Would have been way cooler if it was a mini globe. Overall they did an AWESOME job though and I cant wait to see one in person!

#2137 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

this is not an "official" announcement. This was a "leak" found from a clever person sniffing around the website.

Thanks but it was beyond easy to find. I figured I try replacing Medieval with Monster and Madness with Bash and see if I would get lucky. Jackpot! Actually, Super Jackpot!

#2140 5 years ago

Thanks! I was super surprised when it loaded.

#2141 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

My question is will there be a second set of rules for a secondary game within this game.

Nope. Original Code.

#2145 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

and that plasma thingy.

You get that on the SE as well.

#2146 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

How much is that...extra coin?

If it follows the AFM pricing, an LE would be $700 more then the SE

#2153 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Not according to the feature matrix.

In the descriptions above the matrix it says SE and LE

#2196 5 years ago

Looks the the LE gets 2 plasmas disks and the SE gets one.

#2202 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

No, those are side mirrors on the LE. It’s a reflection

Heh. Yup, your right. Was hard to see on phone

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

It looks like the description is incorrect. The SE in the picture does not have it.

Yup, you are right. Bummer

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wasn't aware of this...sounds like an anomaly?

Supposedly they had extras from Vacation America and somehow they got mixed in.

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

So 6500/7300/8000 + shipping for the 3 trims?

We will know for sure tonight.

#2299 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

just jumping in on this post- have they given details on what the differences are between the models??

Full details here: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

“The pricing is $7999 LE, $7299 SE, and an incredible $5999 for a CE (base level) Game.

That's awesome.

#2316 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Did the rumor of new rules come to fruition?

No.

#2346 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What’s the pricing?

$6000, $7300 and $8000

#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So for $6400, you get the game NIB with upgraded graphics on a "regular sized" DMD? Am I tracking correctly?

Yup. That's correct and a heck of a value. There was a lot of talk early on that this would be more then AFM due to BOM and Universal licensing, nice to see that's not the case.

#2438 5 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

I wonder if the MMr could be upgraded with the bigger LCD screen? It would be awesome if it could, and nice to make all the games match in a row.

Yes. It's in the works.

9dee59ed3b5d83b1f6aadc25c5e0b4eda40767e9 (resized).jpg9dee59ed3b5d83b1f6aadc25c5e0b4eda40767e9 (resized).jpg
#2441 5 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

That is fantastic news!

Quoted from PtownPin:

great upgrade for the MMR

It's definitely cool. I bet it's not going to be cheap. A nice side bonus is better speakers. The stock MMr speakers are awful.

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

. I wld be more worried about the scoop as it takes a beating ...did they add a mantis style protector like on afmr?

They added more of a Clifty type one.

#2476 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Any other protectors on the game?

Not sure. Here's the scoop one.

mb-popper-blue (resized).pngmb-popper-blue (resized).png
#2478 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP on DI tried to make their own protectors and they sucked

Agreed. Good news is, this would do the trick till a real Clifty can be fitted.

#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wonder what that thing is. Is it a security dongle

It's a security PIC. The code is already in games

#2520 5 years ago

The AFM price drop is only on the CE. As pointed out above, PinballSRAR has new price up. CGC mentioned at show that MM will remain $8k

#2524 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The new CE price is much better, the old one was just dumb once you added the color upgrade, it was too close to the next level

Agreed.

#2525 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Wow, that’s very surprising. I wonder if Rick knows they are selling them for $499 less than he is. Interesting, to say the least.

They just haven't updated the site yet. The $6k price will be for all dealers

#2534 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I wonder how big of a difference in sound quality there is between the classic and the SE/LE? Has anyone done a direct comparison of the two sound systems on AFMr?

That's a great question. I also wonder how difficult it would be to add an amp to the CE.

#2568 5 years ago
Quoted from not4tilts:

What is under the hood?

Check the topic gallery.

#2723 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if they slowed the Munsters reveal to let the MBr hype train cool a bit so they could have the spotlight to themselves. Perfect time to tease Beatles instead

I was thinking the same thing. Especially when the CE is priced close to a pro now.

1 week later
#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Nope. I wouldn’t think that was ever a part a purchasing a NIB machine in the past.

My MMr and AFMr didn't have them in the box. I did get them from my dealer though.

#2868 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

So can someone confirm, if classic doesn’t have RGB lighting does it simlly have standard cool/ warm white LEDs?

CE does not have RGB GI lighting. If MB is like MM and AFM the LED's will be warm white.

#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

For me I prefer the warm richness of the classic editions white lights. They look like AFMr.

You are not alone in this.

#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Are the lights on the classic still surface mounted SMD?

And does the upgraded chip change the classic dots to colour, or does it upgrade to the new redrawn graphics?

Insets are SMD, GI are bulbs like in the other remakes. The chip upgrade gets both color and higher def dots

#2881 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then they are smd too.

Right. But the GI ones are in a bulb package

#2884 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I wonder how the new graphics will look on the small display.

The graphics on AFMr CE look great. Same with MMr.

#2886 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes, but MMR are not as redrawn as MBr. They were aslight upgrade, where MBr looks like a total overhaul.

ATHYRIO redid the graphics on all three.

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
#2932 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Does the AFMLE come with that cool topper:

Yup and the only way you can get it.

#2933 5 years ago

The LE also has an additional board in the head that controls the lighting and movement of topper

#2956 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The GI on the SE/LE is RGB LEDs, and plain soft white LED’s in CE. Some don't like the unicorn poop GI, some like it.

I'm not a fan of colored GI so I thought I wouldn't like this. I was surprised at how good they pulled this off when I played the remakes at Free Play Florida this past weekend. The colored GI didn't make it look puked out at all. All three models looked great.

#2961 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

They will be available for awhile, but not necessarily in the trim color you want.

I thought that MBr LE only comes in one trim color.

#2968 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Should anyone prefer white GIs to the RGB GIs, there is a software setting in both MBr LE and SE that allows the owner to set the GIs to be a constant white.

Very cool!

#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So someone tell me I won't regret buying a SE instead of the LE?? I mean, the topper does look really cool but I'm not a topper guy (in my small collection I only have 1 topper out of 7 pins) I can always get side mirrors and if I felt the need powder coat the hardware right?

I don't think you will regret it. The SE looked awesome at Free Play Florida this weekend.

#2983 5 years ago

@CGC_DDUBA

Can you update us on the larger screen upgrade for MMr ?

#2994 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Yes, please take my money for this!!!!

There seems to be a bunch of us interested in getting this. I'm also interested in the LED mini saucer upgrade that Doug Skor said was a possibility a year ago.

#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I'd love a CGC custom topper for my MMr LE too!

A large exploding castle would be crazy cool!

#2998 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Get the one out of MMr

an even bigger one would be cool! CGC definitely should add an upgraded store to website. Lots they can do given the quality of what we've seen them add to the remakes so far.

#3001 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I don't believe CGC is technically allowed to sell anything directly. If a new screen is coming out, it would most likely have to be purchased through planetary or possibly from your local distributors (that have to buy from planetary).

That would work. Put them on your site and I'm on my way!

1 week later
#3023 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

ColorDMD is not programmed the same and won't work.

LTG : )

But you can get a chip that will upgrade a classic to color for $399

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 210.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Only_Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed?tu=Only_Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.