(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1792 First Monster Bash remake leaked pics Posted by Monsterbashbombs (5 years ago)

Post #1916 Monster Bash remake official topper pics Posted by CGC-Ryan (5 years ago)

Post #2448 Picture under the playfield of the Monster Bash remake. Posted by knockerlover (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 6 years ago

sometimes pinside, you crack me up. Hundreds of threads whinging about games being released before they were ready. Yet CGC does the right thing and waits until the game is ready and its whinge central too! We were flying over from the UK for this launch so its not great but still a huge amount going on at TPF!

Neil.

#178 6 years ago

I can't see any tech issue delaying MBR unless its just late... BBB though, different platform, and even if it is pinmame based, bit different to drive a picture than an actual motor/coil etc. Whatever the delay its great to see someone have the cahonies to delay and get it as right as possible.

1 month later
#314 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

CGC simply doesn't want a black eye. Also, my suspicion is that production is probably already underway so the delay of the announcement is not delaying the actual shipping of the game.

or an pirates eyepatch!

1 week later
#393 5 years ago

lets see the game before we all make choices. AFMR wasn't high on my list but I can't imagine not having it now.

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

do you know if they improve the stroboscope board or whatever? often down on the original game.

yup they have. Its a super bright customer multiple LED board and strobe Multiball is epic!

#416 5 years ago

here is the board they use for the strobe:

4131ddbe16b02489be514acadcc3fc3b7a4a6c74 (resized).jpg4131ddbe16b02489be514acadcc3fc3b7a4a6c74 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#719 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

It was all discussed in our recent pinball club meeting, the recorded minutes are below, see for yourselves.
https://www.captiongenerator.com/1006612/Hitler-discusses-empty-spot-in-his-pinball-line-up

quality!

#762 5 years ago

@cgc_dduba

Hey Doug - any updates?

Neil.

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I think Doug is already with Stern.

different Doug dood!

3 weeks later
#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"As with all our products we strive to make the best game possible for our customers"

giphy-3 (resized).pnggiphy-3 (resized).png

#1104 5 years ago

Ok so who wants to buy an original! LOL

1 month later
#1419 5 years ago

hmm a bit disappointed not to be invited to play test as I was even in the US and I have MMR LE and AFMR LE!!!

Now lets just get the pictures and videos out please.

#1420 5 years ago

oh and guys anything on the MMR widescreen?

#1433 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No invites. You had to PM Ashley.
If you did, I'm sorry you didn't hear back.
LTG : )

I didn't know about it! no big deal

Neil.

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Over a year since the last release.

it was over a year almost 6 months ago!

3 weeks later
#1637 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

1000 units? No chance, especially after this wait.
People said the same about AFMr LE. You can still buy them NIB from retailers. When did orders for those go live? 18 months ago?

which retailers?

#1715 5 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Disagree. All the remakes flip different from any original. The remakes flip late.

nonsense. So much facts show that this is total BS. The remakes actually respond quicker.

#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No issues with them dropping or hesitating during heavy activity moments?

nope. not a once.

#1777 5 years ago

AFM prices have crashed in the UK. 7K now lucky to get 5.

you said AFMR LE's were still available and yet the source you gave has none.

#1809 5 years ago

I think that’s meant to be the full moon for wolf - wonder if it changes as you hit the loop.

2 weeks later
#2263 5 years ago

I have my pro streaming gear here at expo so trying to convince them to let me stream it..
In the mean time this should give you a good taste

The Colours pop so well.

Add twitch.tv/Neimcrae to you friends Incase they let me stream it...

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

You hear that sound guys? Thats the sound of the original monster bash prices crashing to the ground. MM didnt take too much of a hit but afm sure did.

In the UK awe are seeing a lot of pins with few buyers - buyers market right now.

#2382 5 years ago

Machines are superb. The GI interaction is fantastic.

#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dang
$12K gets ya a NIB AFM & NIB MB?
Or a BM66SLE
lol

B66 I’d choose!

#2742 5 years ago

I think thats the beauty of the pinball manufacturers they are able to build a game then change to build a different one. So if there is demand for MMR they'll build them. They are definitely still selling MMRs though.

Neil.

1 week later
#2891 5 years ago

I think ATHYRIO have redone the GFX for MMR for the wide screen now too.

#2893 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Original DMDs are wide. The new big one is just bigger. It’s literally the same as if you went into a store and saw the same image on small TVs and big TVs. They don’t have to redo anything. It’s just a bigger display in the same ratio.

yes the ratio is the same, but the pixels per square inch are not. Having looked at the widescreen MMR close up it looks in my view that they have used the extra resolution.

Neil.

#2907 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They didn’t change anything. One is a small 1080p screen, the other is a larger 1080p screen.

Only one of them is a 1080p screen one is not - and I’ll re-iterate -> dots per square inch is different.

Neil.

#2913 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure dots per square inch is different cuz the size is different. They don’t have to re-do the graphics for a bigger screen. I don’t know why this is so hard to comprehend. If you watch a movie on a small screen and then watch it on a big screen, it’s the same movie. Nothing is “redone” for screen sizes.

I'm not the one can't comprehend this, and btw I run three TV channels and have a bunch of patents in TV and video - Do they need to re-draw it; no - will it look better if they do - yes; on TV's that works because you have a chip that decides how to render the image onto the screen, but if you put SD content on a UHD screen without some type of re-rendering process it looks shit.

If you don't redraw it; or use some type of scaling algorithm (i.e. redraw it) it looks shit. Especially at the dot range difference we are talking about. I have my MMR and AMFR plugged into a video desk at home so I can stream them and I spent a great deal of time at Logan looking at the graphics and they have absolutely done something to improve the resolution of the graphics and at least some of that, to my eyes, is redrawn augmented graphics for a very different display.

Regards,
Neil.

#2915 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ok, believe what you want. You’re wrong. The “HD dots” are exactly as the new artists created them in 2015...they can be displayed on any size screen.

and the screens are 1080p too. LOL. Not.

Neil.

#2917 5 years ago

Here is the display that CGC use in AFMR and MBR LE/SE. I ordered two of them, one to put into MMR and one to see if I could build a wide screen colordmd the latter of which I'm not far away from making work - below is the model number

JL215AT640 19.8″ (21.5“3/5) 476.6×158.9 1920×640 250 85/85/80/80 495.8×183.1 MP

http://wgsd.co.kr/product1/

But the screen actually syncs at 1280x600.

Cheers,
Neil.

#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fantastic. That doesn’t change the fact that the CONTENT outputting to the screen is exactly the same & has not and does not have to be altered to display in different sized screens.
AFMr, whether you’re playing the small or big screen version is sending the same content to the screen. Same with MBr....and when CGC releases a big screen kit for MMr, it will display the content exactly as it was already created years ago.

Apologies - I don't disagree with that, but when I saw MMR Widescreen at Logan it definitely looks like the graphics had been updated. There is no doubt that the graphics in AFMR and MBR have more quality to them than MMR and I think because of the widescreen exposes the weakness in the graphics more. I did a quick experiment with MMR tonight

and comparing the graphics on a larger screen vs the smaller screen on MMR definitely makes the poorer quality of the graphics show. Do they need to update MMR for the widescreen, I agree with you they don't but it doesn't look as good as the gfx in AFMR and MBR predominately because of the dot pitch in the widescreen.

Neil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed?tu=NeilMcRae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.