(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1792 First Monster Bash remake leaked pics Posted by Monsterbashbombs (5 years ago)

Post #1916 Monster Bash remake official topper pics Posted by CGC-Ryan (5 years ago)

Post #2448 Picture under the playfield of the Monster Bash remake. Posted by knockerlover (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2418 5 years ago

How do the upgraded graphics work on the regular sized dmd? Are they cutoff or somehow shrunk down? Is the aspect ratio of the regular dmd the same as the larger dmd?

#2427 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look at an MMr. It’s the same exact aspect ratio so it’s exactly the same, just bigger. Just like if you’d watch a movie on at 20 inch TV or a 60 inch...same image but bigger.

Thanks! I didn't realize the aspect ratio is the same. That is great.

So now it's basically 6400 for classic with the nice color dmd. Although it is standard size.

#2429 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’ve got an AFMr classic. Animations look great, size is like any other game with Colordmd, but quality is better . If you want to save a little money and like the “look” of an original, go with the classic model. $5999

Yeah, looking at the images of the high res animations for MBr... they are beautiful! They are also great on AFMr. Trying to decide what my next machine will be, and it’s a tough choice. Luckily I still have a few months before I am ready to buy.

#2533 5 years ago

I wonder how big of a difference in sound quality there is between the classic and the SE/LE? Has anyone done a direct comparison of the two sound systems on AFMr?

#2536 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I owned the classic and now the LE AFMr - I can't really tell the diff. I do hook them up to subs though. Point is, I wouldn't have the sound upgrade sway you as long as you're hooking up to base.

Awesome, thanks! That is very helpful.

#2539 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unfortunately, the TSPP in the competition played NOTHING like my game. Got my head handed to me...
snaroff

This is so true. I’m not a great player overall, but man, whenever I play another machine of a game I own, I really suck bad. It’s just that little bit of difference in play than I am so used to on my own game, that really throws me off.

Whenever I hear people talking about how the remakes play differently than the originals, I always wonder why that would be unexpected.

#2692 5 years ago

A question about the lighting on CGC games. I believe that most of the insert LEDs are integrated into the big circuit boards, is this correct?

What about the GI? Is this integrated as well, or are individual LEDs used?

I guess what I am really wondering is whether the GI on the CE could be upgraded to RGB by swapping out the LEDs? I am assuming that the wiring would already be there (maybe a bad assumption)? I’m also assuming there is not different software for the CE?

My only other thought is maybe there’s a separate driver board for the RGB LEDs, or something along those lines?

#2698 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Probably b cheaper and definitely much easier to bye the se.

Yes, this is quite likely correct. Just trying to analyze all the possibilities, and also I am really just curious how CGC is going to equip the GI lighting differently in the different model lines. Personally I would not think they’d want to have separate versions of code, or different wiring harnesses, etc. But maybe they will.

#2705 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Yeah but to see it and hear it up close with hi res / glass off video would go a long way in helping us all make a well informed decision. The chart is really great and helpful for sure.

I think they did a great job on their website showing the difference between the high-res graphics and the standard graphics. I agree with you that I would like to see similar comparisons for other things, such as the detail on the monsters, the difference between GI lighting, etc.

I guess I can just look at the monsters from an original MB and compare to the pics of the upgraded ones. But a good, close up, side by side comparison from CGC would be nice.

#2720 5 years ago

Has anyone had to replace one of those big boards, and if so, are they super expensive?

I haven't heard of a lot of problems with those boards, so hopefully they are reliable enough that this is a non-issue.

If the boards have "redundant" LEDs, that's pretty cool. I wonder if you would ever even know that a single LED has failed?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed?tu=Fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.