(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 62.
#2951 5 years ago

Any pictures/video of the classic,gameplay or playfiled.
All the videos online only showing the SE and LE,Which I understand it’s all about the bigger and better.
But I think I’ll be pretty happy only at 6k for the CE.
Just wish I could see some up close pics or video of it..

#2952 5 years ago

Here is a quick video that has some highlights of Expo by Fejj Knar and him playing a classic. Its not much but its something. Check around 2:20 mark.

#2953 5 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Any pictures/video of the classic,gameplay or playfiled.
All the videos online only showing the SE and LE,Which I understand it’s all about the bigger and better.
But I think I’ll be pretty happy only at 6k for the CE.
Just wish I could see some up close pics or video of it..

I was looking for the same thing as I wasn't interested in the additional bling. My distributor assured me the game is exactly like the original but has the LCD screen that you can change colors. Otherwise it's the same.

#2954 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I was looking for the same thing as I wasn't interested in the additional bling. My distributor assured me the game is exactly like the original but has the LCD screen that you can change colors. Otherwise it's the same.

I don't think this is true? The GI lighting is very different on the SE/LE versus the CE

#2955 5 years ago

The GI on the SE/LE is RGB LEDs, and plain soft white LED’s in CE. Some don't like the unicorn poop GI, some like it. I thought it was integrated fairly well since it changes colors to match what monster mode you are in, Red for Drac attack, green for Creech feature, yellow for the mummy mayhem... they didnt puke on the backglass with LED’s and the light show on the topper is well done IMO. Ymmv.

#2956 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The GI on the SE/LE is RGB LEDs, and plain soft white LED’s in CE. Some don't like the unicorn poop GI, some like it.

I'm not a fan of colored GI so I thought I wouldn't like this. I was surprised at how good they pulled this off when I played the remakes at Free Play Florida this past weekend. The colored GI didn't make it look puked out at all. All three models looked great.

#2957 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't think this is true? The GI lighting is very different on the SE/LE versus the CE

It is true. He asked if the CE was similar to the original. IE not RGB.

#2958 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It is true. He asked if the CE was similar to the original. IE not RGB.

There are a lot of lighting differences on the CE. The entire back area is lit on the se and let corresponding with the mode that is active with the flashers in the backboard. There is no lit Dracula coffin, no speaker lights and a few other smaller things I noticed when playing them at expo last month.

With the mod exception of RGB GI, I am hopeful most of the other stuff can be done on the CE, plus a few other things.

#2959 5 years ago

Question regarding the LEs, are these getting close to sold out in total, or just the first batch?

This game is my grail, and is the reason I joined Pinside (tried to buy one and lost out on it).

I have not really been a fan of remakes except for the price pressure they put on originals, even with the upgraded dots. I just prefer originals. However this particular LE has me thinking otherwise.

I had hoped more original MBs would have appeared on the market at reasonable prices, like it did with the first two remakes. But since the classic MBr is so appropriately priced, owners of originals might just decide to keep their games. So the remake might not increase the supply of originals, at least enough for me to have a shot at snagging one. That I could live with for awhile and just wait and see if one comes up within driving distance within a couple years.

Trouble is the LE of this game is so much improved over the original one that I prefer the remake, but ONLY the LE. So for me it's either an original, or the LE remake. Hence wanting to know what the deal is with the LE availability going forward. I have another pin on preorder, and I don't want to let that one go.

When do you guys think would be last call to reserve an LE?

I'm not in a hurry to get my games, I just don't want to miss out.

#2960 5 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Question regarding the LEs, are these getting close to sold out in total, or just the first batch?
This game is my grail, and is the reason I joined Pinside (tried to buy one and lost out on it).
I have not really been a fan of remakes except for the price pressure they put on originals, even with the upgraded dots. I just prefer originals. However this particular LE has me thinking otherwise.
I had hoped more original MBs would have appeared on the market at reasonable prices, like it did with the first two remakes. But since the classic MBr is so appropriately priced, owners of originals might just decide to keep their games. So the remake might not increase the supply of originals, at least enough for me to have a shot at snagging one. That I could live with for awhile and just wait and see if one comes up within driving distance within a couple years.
Trouble is the LE of this game is so much improved over the original one that I prefer the remake, but ONLY the LE. So for me it's either an original, or the LE remake. Hence wanting to know what the deal is with the LE availability going forward. I have a.nother pin on preorder, and I don't want to let that one go.
When do you guys think would be last call to reserve an LE?
I'm not in a hurry to get my games, I just don't want to miss out.

They will be available for awhile, but not necessarily in the trim color you want.

So as in all things, if you want it, get it while you can.

#2961 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

They will be available for awhile, but not necessarily in the trim color you want.

I thought that MBr LE only comes in one trim color.

#2962 5 years ago

The speculation swirls on availability of LE’s... until you stop seeing the ads in the market for LE’s, I expect they are available from one place or another. I have seen some distributors say they have sold their allotment of LE’s but have SE and CE’s still available.

#2963 5 years ago

***Dear PINSIDE***

LE's are not sold out. They are being sold in batches and those individual batches might be getting depleted however the allotment of 1250 is not completely sold out.

Signed,
Common Sense

Let's not be that gullible and be pressured into buying an LE RIGHT NOW b/c a distro says get them right now! It's like being worried about buying an orion belt from pinstadium before they "sell out". I rather people on here (specifically folks that sell items) stopping pushing this BS agenda but here we are.

I have my order in but that's bc I want one for sure. I didn't get pressured into making that 8K+ decision by some BS marketing. In fact the smarter decision is to buy it HUO!

#2964 5 years ago

delt31 I agree with you but don't expect sales tactics to ever change :/ Creating a sense of scarcity is one of the most used/abused tactics.

#2965 5 years ago

I guess I should expect bugs in the forum software PinSide uses... par for the pinball course to have buggy code somewhere...

#2966 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The GI on the SE/LE is RGB LEDs, and plain soft white LED’s in CE. Some don't like the unicorn poop GI, some like it. I thought it was integrated fairly well since it changes colors to match what monster mode you are in, Red for Drac attack, green for Creech feature, yellow for the mummy mayhem... they didnt puke on the backglass with LED’s and the light show on the topper is well done IMO. Ymmv.

Should anyone prefer white GIs to the RGB GIs, there is a software setting in both MBr LE and SE that allows the owner to set the GIs to be a constant white.

It is surprisingly difficult to consistently make a specific white with RGB LEDs. We spent considerable time designing circuitry that provides us 256 levels of adjustment for each color. This allows us to theoretically make more than 16 million unique colors.

Additionally, we sourced RGB LEDs with very tight color wavelength specs for each of the three colors.

If you disable the RGB lighting on the SE or LE, the game will default to a warm white very close in color to the GIs used in AFMr and MBr.  Should you prefer cool white GIs, a simple software setting allows you to change the GIs to cool white.

The circuitry we developed allows us to create any pantone color that can be produced on an LCD display.  It also allows us to do very smooth fades and color transition.  We tie many of the RGB GI light effects into the colors used on the XL Display.  A lot of work went into choreographing the RGB GI light shows.  

We entirely understand that people have differing preferences and, where possible, always try to provide adjustments that allow the owner to adjust the game to their specific tastes.

#2967 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Should anyone prefer white GIs to the RGB GIs, there is a software setting in both MBr LE and SE that allows the owner to set the GIs to be a constant white.
It is surprisingly difficult to consistently make a specific white with RGB LEDs. We spent considerable time designing circuitry that provides us 256 levels of adjustment for each color. This allows us to theoretically make more than 16 million unique colors.
Additionally, we sourced RGB LEDs with very tight color wavelength specs for each of the three colors.
If you disable the RGB lighting on the SE or LE, the game will default to a warm white very close in color to the GIs used in AFMr and MBr.  Should you prefer cool white GIs, a simple software setting allows you to change the GIs to cool white.
The circuitry we developed allows us to create any pantone color that can be produced on an LCD display.  It also allows us to do very smooth fades and color transition.  We tie many of the RGB GI light effects into the colors used on the XL Display.  A lot of work went into choreographing the RGB GI light shows.  
We entirely understand that people have differing preferences and, where possible, always try to provide adjustments that allow the owner to adjust the game to their specific tastes.

Since we're on the topic, is it possible to make SE and LE games use the old DMD animations with single color? And if not, would it be difficult to implement it?

#2968 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Very cool!

#2970 5 years ago

Here are a few pics from FPF this weekend. I really liked the LE and the lighting. It didnt scream puke to me and was very well integrated.
For instance when my gf started Frank multiball the playfield went to a green wash. I thought that was pretty cool.

It played great and were locked in for an LE

--jeff

20181111_001853 (resized).jpg20181111_001853 (resized).jpg20181111_001859 (resized).jpg20181111_001859 (resized).jpg20181111_002030 (resized).jpg20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
#2971 5 years ago

So someone tell me I won't regret buying a SE instead of the LE?? I mean, the topper does look really cool but I'm not a topper guy (in my small collection I only have 1 topper out of 7 pins) I can always get side mirrors and if I felt the need powder coat the hardware right?

#2972 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So someone tell me I won't regret buying a SE instead of the LE?? I mean, the topper does look really cool but I'm not a topper guy (in my small collection I only have 1 topper out of 7 pins) I can always get side mirrors and if I felt the need powder coat the hardware right?

If I was getting one I'd have the same outlook. Not a topper guy. I think the LE has the lockdown bar plate of monsters as well.

#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I don't think you will regret it. The SE looked awesome at Free Play Florida this weekend.

#2974 5 years ago

@cgc_dduba, thanks for the info. The light show is very impressive. That, the display, and the topper instantly sold the LE machine for me, but more importantly, for the wife.

I was hoping to get her to open up the purse strings for a CE at the $6k price point. She took one look at the LE, asked the rep how much, he said $8000 plus shipping. She turned to me and said “I want one, make it happen.”

So anyone who has a significant other who may be fence sitting or directly cock blocking a MBrLE purchase, get them to a show, let them see this thing in person, and play it. I went to Expo with the hope of buying a DP Pro... I came back with a MBrLE and a very happy wife. Your significant other mileage may vary.

#2975 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If I was getting one I'd have the same outlook. Not a topper guy. I think the LE has the lockdown bar plate of monsters as well.

well, add in double the warranty vs SE.

I'm not a topper guy either. But adding all :Monsters of Rock Topper Included
Engraved Stainless Steel Front Molding Plaque Included
Serialized LE Medallion (Numbered 1 to 1,250) Included
cabinet Side Mirrors Included
Plasma Disk Included
Shaker Motor Included
Electronics 6 Months 12 Months 24 Months
Mechanical and Other Components 3 Months 6 Months 12 Months

I didn't feel like it was a bad deal to move to the LE

#2976 5 years ago
Quoted from LuxZ:

Since we're on the topic, is it possible to make SE and LE games use the old DMD animations with single color? And if not, would it be difficult to implement it?

Yes, there is a setting in the CGC menu that sets the game to display the original dot art in any single color the owner specifies.

#2977 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I thought that MBr LE only comes in one trim color.

I was not asked about a trim color with my order. So I would assume 1 color. if you really hate the color, you can always change it.

as for buying new or HUO, I don't see the LE's selling for much under the original sales price. So what are you really saving? Its pretty simple. of you want the topper, get the LE. If not, buy the SE. I am sure someone will make an aftermarket cool topper for the SE and CE so you will have a shot to get one.

On the flipside, if you don't care for the topper, there will be a market for it if you want to sell it.

#2978 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I was not asked about a trim color with my order. So I would assume 1 color. if you really hate the color, you can always change it.
as for buying new or HUO, I don't see the LE's selling for much under the original sales price. So what are you really saving? Its pretty simple. of you want the topper, get the LE. If not, buy the SE. I am sure someone will make an aftermarket cool topper for the SE and CE so you will have a shot to get one.
On the flipside, if you don't care for the topper, there will be a market for it if you want to sell it.

Does anyone know if the topper requires the extra board like AFMRLE?

#2979 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Does anyone know if the topper requires the extra board like AFMRLE?

Yes, the MBr topper requires a separate PCB. On MBr we enclosed the PCB into one of the metal speaker boxes located on the topper. Now the topper only has a single connector that has to be plugged in.

#2980 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

well, add in double the warranty vs SE.
I'm not a topper guy either. But adding all :Monsters of Rock Topper Included
Engraved Stainless Steel Front Molding Plaque Included
Serialized LE Medallion (Numbered 1 to 1,250) Included
cabinet Side Mirrors Included
Plasma Disk Included
Shaker Motor Included
Electronics 6 Months 12 Months 24 Months
Mechanical and Other Components 3 Months 6 Months 12 Months
I didn't feel like it was a bad deal to move to the LE

LE also includes sweet looking powder coated armor and legs

#2981 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

***Dear PINSIDE***
LE's are not sold out. They are being sold in batches and those individual batches might be getting depleted however the allotment of 1250 is not completely sold out.
Signed,
Common Sense
Let's not be that gullible and be pressured into buying an LE RIGHT NOW b/c a distro says get them right now! It's like being worried about buying an orion belt from pinstadium before they "sell out". I rather people on here (specifically folks that sell items) stopping pushing this BS agenda but here we are.
I have my order in but that's bc I want one for sure. I didn't get pressured into making that 8K+ decision by some BS marketing. In fact the smarter decision is to buy it HUO!

I believe transparency is usually best so let me explain how dealer allocations were determined and what I know about the availability of MBr LEs.

MBr LEs were allocated to CGC dealers based on the number of AFM LEs they previously sold plus or minus an adjustment for the number of non-LE units they sold above or below the average number of non-LE sales per dealer.

The one exception is Planetary Pinball which receives a fix percentage of LEs as a term of our contract with Planetary.

CGC has received purchase orders from our dealers for all 1250 MBr LEs (less 10 pieces we held back for friends).

Dealers were required to submit deposits by 11/9/2018. As of today, we are still waiting for deposits from a small number of dealers. If a dealer fails to make deposits those units would be reallocated to other dealers.

The number units sold by CGC is a very different thing than the total number of units that dealers have sold through to end customers.

At this point, I believe approximately 2/3rds of dealers have sold through their allocations. Of course, distributors that receive smaller allocations tend to sell through their allocations first.

Additionally, Planetary Pinball has sold a portion of their allocation to a few CGC dealers that needed additional units. It is possible other dealers may buy additional LEs from Planetary.

At this point, I believe the only immediate risk is not being able to buy a LE from your dealer of choice.

Larger dealers are more likely to be impacted by new requirements to collect sales tax as most states only require retailers to collect sales tax when their sales exceed a threshold amount into the state. I believe that amount is $100k in sales for many states.

I don’t know if this information is helpful but now you know what I know.

#2982 5 years ago

Im in on a CE, do you know when those will be going through the line and about when they will be shipping to dealers?

#2983 5 years ago

@CGC_DDUBA

Can you update us on the larger screen upgrade for MMr ?

#2984 5 years ago

Thanks dduba, great info! Any best guesses on when we'll get our hands on these LEs?

#2985 5 years ago
Tuco (resized).jpgTuco (resized).jpg
#2986 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Maybe get the SE and then sell the topper if you don't want it - good way to reduce the cost of the LE and get an LE.

#2987 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I'm not going to sugar coat it (never do).

You will ABSOLUTELY regret not getting the LE. The topper alone you could prob sell and still spend around the same amount as an SE but you're getting so much more.

Not even mentioning the fact it's limited edition which after all these years will def mean something since we're talking top 5 machines of all time

#2988 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You will ABSOLUTELY regret not getting three LE.

I don't think you need 3, but yeah get the LE.

#2989 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

....aaaand this is why you’re awesome.

#2991 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

It is surprisingly difficult to consistently make a specific white with RGB LEDs.

My understanding is that there is no true 'white' pixel in LCD - so they basically blast the blue pixel which gives it almost a white look - known as a cool white. Warm whites are tough as well for sure.

#2992 5 years ago

Okay, I'm getting the LE lol

#2993 5 years ago

CGC_DDUBA
Can you update us on the larger screen upgrade for MMr ?

Yes, please take my money for this!!!!

#2994 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Yes, please take my money for this!!!!

There seems to be a bunch of us interested in getting this. I'm also interested in the LED mini saucer upgrade that Doug Skor said was a possibility a year ago.

#2995 5 years ago

There seems to be a bunch of us interested in getting this. I'm also interested in the LED mini saucer upgrade that Doug Skor said was a possibility a year ago.

I'd love a CGC custom topper for my MMr LE too!

#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I'd love a CGC custom topper for my MMr LE too!

A large exploding castle would be crazy cool!

#2997 5 years ago

A large exploding castle would be crazy cool!

Get the one out of MMr

#2998 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Get the one out of MMr

an even bigger one would be cool! CGC definitely should add an upgraded store to website. Lots they can do given the quality of what we've seen them add to the remakes so far.

#2999 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

My understanding is that there is no true 'white' pixel in LCD - so they basically blast the blue pixel which gives it almost a white look - known as a cool white. Warm whites are tough as well for sure.

which is what he was saying with all the effort to tune the colors. RGB makes white by combining colors.

RGBW is a thing as well... where you have 4 sources.. but isn't used here.

#3000 5 years ago

an even bigger one would be cool! CGC definitely should add an upgraded store to website. Lots they can do given the quality of what we've seen them add to the remakes so far.

I don't believe CGC is technically allowed to sell anything directly. If a new screen is coming out, it would most likely have to be purchased through planetary or possibly from your local distributors (that have to buy from planetary).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/60?hl=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.