(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 62.
#2901 5 years ago

Put my order this evening for the LE. Pretty stoked about it!

#2902 5 years ago

This made sense to me on the other thread.

Quoted from Rock914:

I counted 63 distributors. So less than 20ea to fill the entire production. I am very happy I ordered mine early.

#2903 5 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

For me I prefer the warm richness of the classic editions white lights. They look like AFMr. When I first saw that game it blew me away. I've never seen a modern led game with such a rich, warm 80's glow. It was so sexy.

I"m with you. I hem hawed for awhile on which model to go with because I do think the bigger screen is cool, but that RGB rainbow puke just was too much for me. It ruins the feel of the game in my opinion. From the videos I watched the GI looked pretty clunky. YMMV.

#2904 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I"m with you. I hem hawed for awhile on which model to go with because I do think the bigger screen is cool, but that RGB rainbow puke just was too much for me. It ruins the feel of the game in my opinion. From the videos I watched the GI looked pretty clunky. YMMV.

73073E25-E2C8-483D-BE88-A12ED3518138 (resized).png73073E25-E2C8-483D-BE88-A12ED3518138 (resized).png
#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Running out of LE preorders fast... what? Its been days since they were anounced and they are still available, so how are they running out? They are selling briskly, yes, and some distributors have run out, but I cant believe they have sold out 1250 LE’s already. Anyone else think they have?

No. They said and always have run these in batches. The first small batch of LE’s is close to spoken for. Then they work on the other versions for a bit.

#2906 5 years ago

@yelobird, I agree. I’m sitting near the top of my distributors non matching list... currently hoping for delivery before Dec 25th, but if SE production slipped, there is going to be a lot of sadly disappointed burly surly man children waking up Christmas morning to a stocking full of distributors hot air, or a few lumps of coal, or most likely for me, both.

#2907 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They didn’t change anything. One is a small 1080p screen, the other is a larger 1080p screen.

Only one of them is a 1080p screen one is not - and I’ll re-iterate -> dots per square inch is different.

Neil.

#2908 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Running out of LE preorders fast... what? Its been days since they were anounced and they are still available, so how are they running out? They are selling briskly, yes, and some distributors have run out, but I cant believe they have sold out 1250 LE’s already. Anyone else think they have?

Standard sales tactic, truth is not necessary to use it.

#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Only one of them is a 1080p screen one is not - and I’ll re-iterate -> dots per square inch is different.
Neil.

Sure dots per square inch is different cuz the size is different. They don’t have to re-do the graphics for a bigger screen. I don’t know why this is so hard to comprehend. If you watch a movie on a small screen and then watch it on a big screen, it’s the same movie. Nothing is “redone” for screen sizes.

#2910 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Nothing says they won't be getting more allotments later.

#2911 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Nothing says they won't be getting more allotments later.

It took AFMRLE well over a year to sell....I suspect the MBRLE's will take a long time as well....

#2912 5 years ago

I'm sure there are plenty of LE's out there, I had no problem getting to the top of the non-matching list.

#2913 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure dots per square inch is different cuz the size is different. They don’t have to re-do the graphics for a bigger screen. I don’t know why this is so hard to comprehend. If you watch a movie on a small screen and then watch it on a big screen, it’s the same movie. Nothing is “redone” for screen sizes.

I'm not the one can't comprehend this, and btw I run three TV channels and have a bunch of patents in TV and video - Do they need to re-draw it; no - will it look better if they do - yes; on TV's that works because you have a chip that decides how to render the image onto the screen, but if you put SD content on a UHD screen without some type of re-rendering process it looks shit.

If you don't redraw it; or use some type of scaling algorithm (i.e. redraw it) it looks shit. Especially at the dot range difference we are talking about. I have my MMR and AMFR plugged into a video desk at home so I can stream them and I spent a great deal of time at Logan looking at the graphics and they have absolutely done something to improve the resolution of the graphics and at least some of that, to my eyes, is redrawn augmented graphics for a very different display.

Regards,
Neil.

#2914 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'm not the one can't comprehend this, and btw I run three TV channels and have a bunch of patents in TV and video - Do they need to re-draw it; no - will it look better if they do - yes; on TV's that works because you have a chip that decides how to render the image onto the screen, but if you put SD content on a UHD screen without some type of re-rendering process it looks shit.
If you don't redraw it; or use some type of scaling algorithm (i.e. redraw it) it looks shit. Especially at the dot range difference we are talking about. I have my MMR and AMFR plugged into a video desk at home so I can stream them and I spent a great deal of time at Logan looking at the graphics and they have absolutely done something to improve the resolution of the graphics and at least some of that, to my eyes, is redrawn augmented graphics for a very different display.
Regards,
Neil.

Ok, believe what you want. You’re wrong. The “HD dots” are exactly as the new artists created them in 2015...they can be displayed on any size screen.

#2915 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ok, believe what you want. You’re wrong. The “HD dots” are exactly as the new artists created them in 2015...they can be displayed on any size screen.

and the screens are 1080p too. LOL. Not.

Neil.

#2916 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

and the screens are 1080p too. LOL. Not.
Neil.

Please continue literally being wrong about everything.

Whatever the resolution of the screens are, the content reaching them is the same.

#2917 5 years ago

Here is the display that CGC use in AFMR and MBR LE/SE. I ordered two of them, one to put into MMR and one to see if I could build a wide screen colordmd the latter of which I'm not far away from making work - below is the model number

JL215AT640 19.8″ (21.5“3/5) 476.6×158.9 1920×640 250 85/85/80/80 495.8×183.1 MP

http://wgsd.co.kr/product1/

But the screen actually syncs at 1280x600.

Cheers,
Neil.

#2918 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Here is the display that CGC use in AFMR and MBR LE/SE. I ordered two of them, one to put into MMR and one to see if I could build a wide screen colordmd the latter of which I'm not far away from making work - below is the model number
JL215AT640 19.8″ (21.5“3/5) 476.6×158.9 1920×640 250 85/85/80/80 495.8×183.1 MP
http://wgsd.co.kr/product1/
But the screen actually syncs at 1280x600.
Cheers,
Neil.

Fantastic. That doesn’t change the fact that the CONTENT outputting to the screen is exactly the same & has not and does not have to be altered to display in different sized screens.

AFMr, whether you’re playing the small or big screen version is sending the same content to the screen. Same with MBr....and when CGC releases a big screen kit for MMr, it will display the content exactly as it was already created years ago.

#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fantastic. That doesn’t change the fact that the CONTENT outputting to the screen is exactly the same & has not and does not have to be altered to display in different sized screens.
AFMr, whether you’re playing the small or big screen version is sending the same content to the screen. Same with MBr....and when CGC releases a big screen kit for MMr, it will display the content exactly as it was already created years ago.

Apologies - I don't disagree with that, but when I saw MMR Widescreen at Logan it definitely looks like the graphics had been updated. There is no doubt that the graphics in AFMR and MBR have more quality to them than MMR and I think because of the widescreen exposes the weakness in the graphics more. I did a quick experiment with MMR tonight

and comparing the graphics on a larger screen vs the smaller screen on MMR definitely makes the poorer quality of the graphics show. Do they need to update MMR for the widescreen, I agree with you they don't but it doesn't look as good as the gfx in AFMR and MBR predominately because of the dot pitch in the widescreen.

Neil.

#2920 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Apologies - I don't disagree with that, but when I saw MMR Widescreen at Logan it definitely looks like the graphics had been updated. There is no doubt that the graphics in AFMR and MBR have more quality to them than MMR and I think because of the widescreen exposes the weakness in the graphics more. I did a quick experiment with MMR tonight and comparing the graphics on a larger screen vs the smaller screen on MMR definitely makes the poorer quality of the graphics show. Do they need to update MMR for the widescreen, I agree with you they don't but it doesn't look as good as the gfx in AFMR and MBR predominately because of the dot pitch in the widescreen.
Neil.

I think that the artists just get better at it as they go along.

MBr is even more refined.

It looks fantastic compared to the original, but somehow better than the earlier titles they did.

#2921 5 years ago

Agree with pinballreno think they are just getting better and more efficient.

#2922 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think that the artists just get better at it as they go along.
MBr is even more refined.
It looks fantastic compared to the original, but somehow better than the earlier titles they did.

Bingo.

Honestly I think all 3 look phenomenal. They honor the original intent of the dots while making them look new and awesome. I'm so glad they went the route that they did rather than making everything look like Flash animation or an iPhone App...it easily could have gone there under different direction, and some people LIKE that look, like the people who set ColorDMD to "Hi Res" mode.

#2923 5 years ago

Been watching a few dealers that are sold out, and remain that way. even here.
But; at the same time, I think it is funny that some other dealers are reporting they only have 1 left, have remained that way for over a week.
But, hurry up! they are going fast!
These are not small dealers...I'm sure they have sold some, but always have 1 left in stock.
I also saw 2 dealers that were "out of stock"...and are now.. "in stock"
Yep, I get it, possibilities are endless as to why.
Reminds me of craiglist tactics. Yeah I know, typical sales tactics. what do you expect..
Would be nice to gauge sales though. (LE'S) other then just pinsiders.

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It took AFMRLE well over a year to sell....I suspect the MBRLE's will take a long time as well....

I just bought a NIB AFMLE this past week. They are still around. I also just put a deposit on MBLE....they will be around for a while too I’m sure.

#2925 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I just bought a NIB AFMLE this past week. They are still around. I also just put a deposit on MBLE....they will be around for a while too I’m sure.

Its all BS sales tactics that distributors use .... these games will be around a long time....I would be shocked if they sold these out within the next 6 months....remember they also upped the number to 1250 units versus only 1000 MMR and AFMR LE's

#2926 5 years ago

I'd be interested if distros have an le left.

#2927 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

I'd be interested if distros have an le left.

Or you can go directly to Planetary Pinball and buy as many LEs as you want. Call Sara @ 775-863-2310.

#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Or you can go directly to Planetary Pinball and buy as many LEs as you want. Call Sara @ 775-863-2310.

Sara was super easy to deal with..

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I 2nd that!

#2930 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I third that! She even just sold me an AFMLE!

#2931 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I third that! She even just sold me an AFMLE!

Does the AFMLE come with that cool topper:

AFM LE topper (resized).jpgAFM LE topper (resized).jpg
#2932 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Does the AFMLE come with that cool topper:

Yup and the only way you can get it.

#2933 5 years ago

The LE also has an additional board in the head that controls the lighting and movement of topper

#2934 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I fourth that! Very friendly over there. I purchased my AFMLE from her as well.

#2935 5 years ago

Just paid the invoice on my CE. Sounds like they're shipping in the next week or two. Anyone else getting a CE?

#2936 5 years ago

TODAY (FRIDAY 11/9) is the final day to get a number matching MONSTER BASH LE to your Attack From Mars or possibly Medieval Madness ... contact us as we have confirmed allocated Monster Bash LE slots still available.

Even if you miss the deadline for number matching we have confirmed allocated Monster Bash LE slots available and are the largest allocated reseller for Monster Bash Remakes and can help you with a game. Contact info at www.planetarypinball.com

#2937 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just paid the invoice on my CE. Sounds like they're shipping in the next week or two. Anyone else getting a CE?

Yep, mine was supposed to ship this week or early next week.

#2938 5 years ago

I thought the SE version was supposed to be on the line followed by the LE's

#2939 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

What led you to think that?

#2940 5 years ago

can the topper be purchased separately and used on the SE or no?

#2941 5 years ago

I’ve heard no on buying toppers seperately, part of the “limited” in LE

#2942 5 years ago

Figured that might be the case...

#2943 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Maybe they're making them both at the same time?

#2944 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

#2945 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Actually I think there is only 3 LE's left in the whole pinball world and she has them.
One each of stainless, black and green.

When I bought mine last week Sara had 6. 3 green and 3 black....for sure she is down one black trim!

#2946 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

When I bought mine last week Sara had 6. 3 green and 3 black....for sure she is down one black trim!

Does Sara @ PP charge extra for purchasing with a credit card?

#2947 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

They don’t take credit cards, only for deposits. I wired and paid it in full for MB. I don’t like mailing checks so I just paid it.

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yup and the only way you can get it.

Interesting. That just increases its value. I'd pay $500 for this topper (I don't own AFM/RFM) and I'm not inclined to go for bling stuff.

Now it's on my bucket list to at least see one of these. Probably have to be invited into someone's house to do that.

#2949 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Try getting one from @gex you will pay 8.25% in sales tax currently if you're in NV. Plus they take credit cards.

#2950 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Interesting. That just increases its value. I'd pay $500 for this topper (I don't own AFM/RFM) and I'm not inclined to go for bling stuff.
Now it's on my bucket list to at least see one of these. Probably have to be invited into someone's house to do that.

You're always welcome over man!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/59?hl=ready_player_one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.