(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 62.
#2801 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Me. The CA Use Tax board came after me for Metallica...and cuz I had 2 shipped to my house (1 for a friend to save on shipping), they were trying to force me to pay tax on both games!!!

wow really? Did you pay the taxes? I've had several sent to my house in Cal and nobody has ever asked for taxes

#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What new Taxation?
Edit: I put it in my cart and went to checkout and there was no tax. I didn't buy it but it looks like $8200 would close the sale.

Online sales tax is the new reality from the recent Supreme Court decision.
Not all states will enact it immediately, but some will.

Over the next couple years as it comes up in their general elections, all states will enact it as law.

They want the money, pure and simple.

Smart money says to make your purchases as soon as possible in the states that haven't enacted the taxes yet.

#2803 5 years ago

Not great for the consumer, but local businesses will love it....State taxes are so high in California that saving $700 on a game is a lot....

#2804 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not great for the consumer, but local businesses will love it....State taxes are so high in California that saving $700 on a game is a lot....

My hope is that area's with the lowest sales tax will have the highest sales.

This might cause sales taxes to get lower or become zero in some areas in order to compete.

California will however probably never lower taxes, they believe that 100% taxation over time is the correct route to follow to pay for the entitlements they offer.

#2805 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

My hope is that area's with the lowest sales tax will have the highest sales.
This might cause sales taxes to get lower or become zero in some areas in order to compete.
California will however probably never lower taxes, they believe that 100% taxation over time is the correct route to follow to pay for the entitlements they offer.

Yep...its a complete joke....

#2806 5 years ago

Is it just me or does MBr seem less "clunky" under the playfield than MMr? Seems more like a new Stern with the light board layout and such and less "look at this enormous pcb under there".

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wow really? Did you pay the taxes? I've had several sent to my house in Cal and nobody has ever asked for taxes

I had to...they were on my ass with letters and calls. My friend paid the tax on his game, tho....I didn't have to pay for both. Not sure if having 2 shipped set off a red flag, or if they just got me random...I dunno! They got me again for Iron Man Vault.

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I had to...they were on my ass with letters and calls. My friend paid the tax on his game, tho....I didn't have to pay for both. Not sure if having 2 shipped set off a red flag, or if they just got me random...I dunno! They got me again for Iron Man Vault.

It's the place you bought it. Someone reported the sale, but no tax collected. Most likely they were supposed to collect it, but didn't due to website not being updated or something, and they directed it to you.

#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

who was your distributor?

#2810 5 years ago

Been out of the hobby for a little while. Do you guys know which distributors outside of California still have preoders for MBRLE? I missed the GEX preorder and it seems like theyre sold out. Thanks

#2811 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's the place you bought it. Someone reported the sale, but no tax collected. Most likely they were supposed to collect it, but didn't due to website not being updated or something, and they directed it to you.

Nope, my distrib did not report it. They got a copy of the receipt from the shipping terminal...they saw that big heavy equipment-like something was being delivered to me, and the receipt said "STERN PINBALL", as the games were drop shipped from Stern.

#2812 5 years ago

Gotta love California. Where you are taxed to death.

#2813 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This is where the work is, so....

#2814 5 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

Been out of the hobby for a little while. Do you guys know which distributors outside of California still have preoders for MBRLE? I missed the GEX preorder and it seems like theyre sold out. Thanks

Planetary Pinball has them in Nevada.

#2815 5 years ago

I've never had luck with Planetary....I left two messages with no return call so I ordered from another distributor.

#2816 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've never had luck with Planetary....I left two messages with no return call so I ordered from another distributor.

Yes call Rick at PPS.
leave a message or call a few times. They can be a bit casual.

Website not updated yet to order online.

#2817 5 years ago

PPS is very responsive. I ordered my MBr about 10pm Eastern time about a week ago and got through on the first call. Call Sara at: 775-863-2310.

#2818 5 years ago

I've found PPS to be very responsive as well. Sara returned my email within a couple of hours. Then I called her, she answered and I paid my deposit. Pretty much how it worked for AFMLE. On that one I received an invoice to pay up two weeks before shipment, I sent a check and my game appeared in about two weeks. Zero complaints.

#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

CA didn't become the 5th largest economy in the world (bigger than France, Italy, Canada, Russia, Korea, etc) by accident. With great power comes great responsibility.

#2820 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wow really? Did you pay the taxes?

Quoted from Rarehero:

I had to...they were on my ass with letters and calls.

But “The Hobbit” was worth paying the taxes, right?

#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope, my distrib did not report it. They got a copy of the receipt from the shipping terminal...they saw that big heavy equipment-like something was being delivered to me, and the receipt said "STERN PINBALL", as the games were drop shipped from Stern.

NOT saying your wrong but I highly doubt the IRS is evaluating card board boxes in a warehouse to assess value. Any small business (or large) that ships out 10+K in merchandise has to declare who it went to or pay the tax themselves. I will bet while not maliciously your distributor did claim this shipment and to who. Plus shipping papers rarely if ever have billing values on them. For our business as well as bank if its over 5k the government wants to know who is getting it and who is being taxed.

#2822 5 years ago

Check this out. MB is on Route at the Galloping Ghost.

https://www.facebook.com/doc.mack/videos/10215856000304976/

#2823 5 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Check this out. MB is on Route at the Galloping Ghost.
https://www.facebook.com/doc.mack/videos/10215856000304976/

Anyone care to upload it to youtube for us sane folks?

#2824 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

PPS is very responsive. I ordered my MBr about 10pm Eastern time about a week ago and got through on the first call. Call Sara at: 775-863-2310.

Sara is awesome!

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I have yet to meet anyone who has paid use tax - are you the first?

not worth the risk. there is a box on your taxes to pay estimated use tax on all your purchases. I think it added $6 to my tax bill. (Items over $1k, need to be disclosed individually).

#2827 5 years ago

That's in California - most states do not have this.

#2828 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

NOT saying your wrong but I highly doubt the IRS is evaluating card board boxes in a warehouse to assess value. Any small business (or large) that ships out 10+K in merchandise has to declare who it went to or pay the tax themselves. I will bet while not maliciously your distributor did claim this shipment and to who. Plus shipping papers rarely if ever have billing values on them. For our business as well as bank if its over 5k the government wants to know who is getting it and who is being taxed.

It has nothing to do with the IRS. CA Use Tax Board is their own entity and gets info from the shippers. They didn’t have a dollar amount, they literally sent me a copy of the shipping reciept that said it was from Stern pinball. They say it’s the weight of a shipment that triggers it. They had no idea who my distributor was and my distrib has never heard from them. They wanted an invoice from my distrib so I could pay the proper tax amount on it.

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Bought it used. No taxes.

#2830 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I'll pay whatever taxes I 'have to'.

On a related story The Hobbit is a very fun pin (though not everyone thinks so - and that's fine )

#2831 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

.cuz fun never becomes not fun.

Wow is that stupid. MB is a fine game but gets boring real fast, not to grown man children who will laugh at the same bad jokes for apparently 7 years. Be aware the jokes are bad and get tedious over time, the game is damn fun but easy and once you have assembled the band a few times it won't last. Rarehero u never disappoint with ur bullshit.

#2832 5 years ago

I love thumbs down keep em coming, once they stop I'll stop posting. But don't let that deter you because it probably won't happen. And rarehero you thought I lived a joyless life, shame on you.

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I love thumbs down keep em coming, once they stop I'll stop posting. But don't let that deter you because it probably won't happen.

Ok

#2834 5 years ago

Supposedly my SE is shipping next week. Anyone have there’s shipped or about to?

#2835 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow is that stupid. MB is a fine game but gets boring real fast, not to grown man children who will laugh at the same bad jokes for apparently 7 years. Be aware the jokes are bad and get tedious over time, the game is damn fun but easy and once you have assembled the band a few times it won't last. Rarehero u never disappoint with ur bullshit.

This is damn near trolling - wtf man?

#2836 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Attack me if it makes you feel better about yourself, but the game speaks for itself. Its demand and price for 20 years speaks for itself. The fact that it’s being remade speaks for itself. Your opinion about the humor is irrelevant.

#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh now I'm definitely buying one!!!!

#2838 5 years ago

People can be so childish.

The game is tons of fun.

Recognizable theme with very funny jokes and humor.

Very approachable to pretty much anyone and easy to play.

Looks like a winner to me.

Not everyone is in a pinball competition or a competitor.

Some of us just love pinball and have a lot of fun playing.

Oh, and get the LE

#2839 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

People can be so childish.
The game is tons of fun.
Recognizable theme with very funny jokes and humor.
Very approachable to pretty much anyone and easy to play.
Looks like a winner to me.
Not everyone is in a pinball competition or a competitor.
Some of us just love pinball and have a lot of fun playing.
Oh, and get the LE

No need to defend a monster bash. It's monster bash. Simple as that. Move along. Don't spend time with these fools.

#2840 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No need to defend a monster bash. It's monster bash. Simple as that. Move along. Don't spend time with these fools.

I got one from Joe -- So now I have MMr LE, AFMr LE and now MBr LE

Come on CGC -- Keep them coming and I keep buying them for the public and my family to play -- You can not go wrong on this price - Very Fair and I can not wait for #4

#2841 5 years ago

Ok, is it foolish to play it on Pinball Arcade right now on my IPad or is that just self torture as I wait for mine to come?(after all you matching number loyalty customers get yours <lucky ass bastards now have MM, AFM, AND a MB... grumble, grumble, nod pleasantly, smile> ) Or is it the fact that playing it on PA makes my memory of playing it at Expo that much more vivid? I’m telling those who have not played an LE yet, unless you are sitting on the fence and want knocked off by a passing freight train, resist the attempt to play one in person if you have an unused $8300 laying around or burning a hole in a pocket. Especially if you have ever liked playing it in the past. It drips gorgeous multicolored saturated RGB LED light from first plunge till the last drain and with the new double resolution dots the show is worth seeing again. (Topper has super impressive lightshow integrated into it. It doesn’t jump up and down, but it has cool white strobe effects and RGB lighting. Video barely does it credit. They paid a lot of attention to the topper light show to offset the lack of animation.)

#2842 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

This is damn near trolling - wtf man?

Oh no not damn near it is trolling 100%. I'm sorry its Rarehero he brings out the best in me. I really enjoy MB so to all enjoy the remake.

#2843 5 years ago

I see a lot of places are sold out on the pre-order LE's. Anyone know how many that run was?

#2844 5 years ago

This is my favorite pinball machine of all time. I know I am definitely not a super great pinball player, but honestly I dont fully understand how everyone talks about how easy it is. I have never owned the machine and just played it at public locations but I would estimate I have probably played the game a total of around 50 times. Of those 50 times, I have only made it to "Monster Bash" 2 times. And I still have yet to make it to "Monsters of Rock." On my virtual Monster Bash I have done it tons of times, but never on the machine itself.

#2845 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

This is my favorite pinball machine of all time.

Mine also! I always said, If they ever make a mbr...I'm in.... So I did...LE

#2846 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

This is my favorite pinball machine of all time. I know I am definitely not a super great pinball player, but honestly I dont fully understand how everyone talks about how easy it is. I have never owned the machine and just played it at public locations but I would estimate I have probably played the game a total of around 50 times. Of those 50 times, I have only made it to "Monster Bash" 2 times. And I still have yet to make it to "Monsters of Rock." On my virtual Monster Bash I have done it tons of times, but never on the machine itself.

Big difference once you own it and play it more at home. On factory settings its very very easy at home and i recommend at least making the extra balls more difficult /or take them away and opening the outlanes.... even then after a few weeks of lots of play it gets relatively easy. Still fun pin so enjoy

#2847 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Big difference once you own it and play it more at home. On factory settings its very very easy at home and i recommend at least making the extra balls more difficult /or take them away and opening the outlanes.... even then after a few weeks of lots of play it gets relatively easy. Still fun pin so enjoy

I agree. It doesn't mean it's not fun but when I owned it about 7-8 years ago it only lasted maybe a year before I sold it. Although much of that probably had to do with the value doubling seemingly overnight. Ridiculous the surge that pinball pricing has had over the last 10 years or so.

#2848 5 years ago

Do you get a flyer with CGC games?

#2849 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Do you get a flyer with CGC games?

Nope. I wouldn’t think that was ever a part a purchasing a NIB machine in the past.

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Nope. I wouldn’t think that was ever a part a purchasing a NIB machine in the past.

My MMr and AFMr didn't have them in the box. I did get them from my dealer though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/57?hl=joeyitaliano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.