(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 62.
#2751 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What game is thinner... TOM or MB?
What game is easier to get through, and what game has less to see?

I'm not the best player and can say. TOM is the only pin I have ever broke a billion on. Not counting AFM

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm not the best player and can say. TOM is the only pin I have ever broke a billion on. Not counting AFM

So you'd say it is easier and has less to offer than MB?

#2753 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What game is thinner... TOM or MB?
What game is easier to get through, and what game has less to see?

Tom is thinner. It has more variety in its modes... but really nothing interesting besides doing vanish to get another ball in mb. The rest is just play multiball... and play a mode just to mark the checkbox.

At least mb has more strategy and risk reward with stacking the modes and multiballs... and the goal of getting the mode finished for monsters of rock. Plus choices about how to use mosh pit mb.

Tom you can just drone on... mb at least has some risk reward.

#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What is it that MM/AFM have that MB lacks?

Harder to achieve wizard modes.

#2755 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So you'd say it is easier and has less to offer than MB?

Can't compare the two since I've only played MB a handfull of times and have about 50 games on a TOM.

#2756 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

By far.. i had all 3 at the same time... had mm and afm on factory settings with outlanes in middle . Mb i took away extra balls and moved outlanes all the way up and still regularly saw most it had to offer . All are fun but i still haven't beat afm or mm...

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What would you rate the difficulty of reaching (not completing) the wizard modes on MM, AFM, and MB out of 10 (10 being Valinor, and 50 being SDMEWM).

#2758 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

By far.. i had all 3 at the same time... had mm and afm on factory settings with outlanes in middle . Mb i took away extra balls and moved outlanes all the way up and still regularly saw most it had to offer . All are fun but i still haven't beat afm or mm...

I seem to beat my AFMR (factory settings) every 75-100 games.

Wondering if maybe MB is going to get repetitive?

#2759 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What would you rate the difficulty of reaching (not completing) the wizard modes on MM, AFM, and MB out of 10 (10 being Valinor, and 50 being SDMEWM).

MM - 8
AFM - 7
MB - 4.5

Scared Stiff - 1

#2760 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

MM - 8
AFM - 7
MB - 4.5
Scared Stiff - 1

I really don't like you anymore. Scared Stiff a 1? No wonder why it's the only game I've ever beat the grand wizard mode.
Unless you count spelling Silverball mania on a Silverball Mania game.

#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Tom is thinner. It has more variety in its modes... but really nothing interesting besides doing vanish to get another ball in mb. The rest is just play multiball... and play a mode just to mark the checkbox.
At least mb has more strategy and risk reward with stacking the modes and multiballs... and the goal of getting the mode finished for monsters of rock. Plus choices about how to use mosh pit mb.
Tom you can just drone on... mb at least has some risk reward.

Also MB has the “Big 6” monster stack which is very difficult to achieve!

#2762 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

MM - 8
AFM - 7
MB - 4.5
Scared Stiff - 1

For Scared Stiff, count the Spider MB as the "true" wizard mode, and on a scale of 1 - 10, that difficulty goes right up to 78.

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Count the Spider MB as the "true" wizard mode, and on a scale of 1 - 10, that difficulty goes right up to 78.

Very hard yes, but most don’t even know that mode exists.

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

For Scared Stiff, count the Spider MB as the "true" wizard mode, and on a scale of 1 - 10, that difficulty goes right up to 78.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'll just forget I heard that. Beating the Stiff-o-meter is the true wizard mode. Don't crush my dreams man!

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Know it exists, have never seen it. Seems like it should be attainable though if all you concentrated on was the spider awards.

#2766 5 years ago

So what are the wizard modes on MB since we are talking about them And if anyone is bored a description on how to get to them would be a good read when I'm at work tomorrow.

#2767 5 years ago

I beat mb in the three weeks I had it. I have yet to beat tom.

#2768 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

So what are the wizard modes on MB since we are talking about them And if anyone is bored a description on how to get to them would be a good read when I'm at work tomorrow.

http://pinball.org/rules/monsterbash.txt

#2769 5 years ago

Just curious on the phantom flip. Is it suppose to be a constant shot to Frankenstein from the right flipper and hole from left or are they both random hits?

#2771 5 years ago

in for MBR LE! One of the last old pins I wanted. Just want to get a TOTAN. Hopefully they do that remake.

my distributor said mid dec. Says it depends on how many serial number matches they have to do.

#2772 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just curious on the phantom flip. Is it suppose to be a constant shot to Frankenstein from the right flipper and hole from left or are they both random hits?

No it changes to what's needed.

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I got Monsters of Rock on my first game on the LE at Expo. Either set the game tougher or deal with half billion scores every game

#2774 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What is it that MM/AFM have that MB lacks?

Depth. Of strategy, of approach, of number of goals. It's just an easier game, with less to do, over all, compared to those two.

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'll just forget I heard that. Beating the Stiff-o-meter is the true wizard mode. Don't crush my dreams man!

I love deep games, but for whatever reason I never tire of beating the stiff-o-meter on Scared Stiff. I start it on almost every game I play, and I would say I beat it once every 10 games now. The game to me is just FUN, despite being "shallow". I have never collected all of the spider awards...I've never really tried to focus on that, but I guess I should.

This is why I am in on a Monster Bash. I know it isn't the deepest game, but it is another classic fun game. Looking forward to getting my LE!

#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My recommendation to beat the S-o-M is to get your doctor to prescribe you a dose of "mycocksafillin". Works for me ( - :

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Maybe you did and just didn't notice.

They don't call it The Bland Finale for nothing.

#2778 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

So is everybody else hearing 30 to 90 days before you get your LE?

I'd like to know also.

#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

I'd like to know also.

I was told that LE should be shipped, 'hopefully before Christmas'.

#2780 5 years ago

I was told they were building a 100 or so SE's now, and that the LE's would start shipping on Nov 19th.....The first LE's would be "legacy" games with matching serial numbers....I was told before xmas, but that might be wishful thinking?

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Concentrate on just ToM play for a couple weeks and you can beat it. It's a little harder than MB, but not much.

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Concentrate on just ToM play for a couple weeks and you can beat it. It's a little harder than MB, but not much.

I continually get to grand finale on TOM on ball 1, maybe with an extra ball or 2.
So, Its up on end waiting to be sold.

I bought Houdini to replace it. WOW, what a game, Im very happy with the upgrade. Houdini is amazing!

#2783 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I continually get to grand finale on TOM on ball 1, maybe with an extra ball or 2.
So, Its up on end waiting to be sold.
I bought Houdini to replace it. WOW, what a game, Im very happy with the upgrade. Houdini is amazing!

Houdini is a substantially deeper game.

#2784 5 years ago

Game room guys has MBr LE on ebay for $8300 (including shipping). There's an ebay coupon code for for the next few hours for $100 off. Is this the best possible price?

#2785 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Game room guys has MBr LE on ebay for $8300 (including shipping). There's an ebay coupon code for for the next few hours for $100 off. Is this the best possible price?

Is that with tax? It's a whole new mail order world now with the new taxation.

#2786 5 years ago

What new Taxation?

Edit: I put it in my cart and went to checkout and there was no tax. I didn't buy it but it looks like $8200 would close the sale.

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What new Taxation?
Edit: I put it in my cart and went to checkout and there was no tax. I didn't buy it but it looks like $8200 would close the sale.

if you avoid sales tax at purchase, you still have to pay a use tax(Which is same as sales tax) on your taxes. Or you need to move to a no tax state. I am tempted to buy some pins for my uncle in NV..

#2788 5 years ago

I believe that most of the game retailers will only collect tax if the machine is sold to someone in the same state or you physically go to their location to pick up. Pins shipped out of state on a freight carrier have typically not been taxed in the past........it was left to the buyer to report/pay tax in their home state. I have not heard of any new cross state tax collection regs., but I am not a tax accountant.

#2789 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

if you avoid sales tax at purchase, you still have to pay a use tax(Which is same as sales tax) on your taxes. Or you need to move to a no tax state. I am tempted to buy some pins for my uncle in NV..

I have yet to meet anyone who has paid use tax - are you the first?

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

I believe that most of the game retailers will only collect tax if the machine is sold to someone in the same state or you physically go to their location to pick up. Pins shipped out of state on a freight carrier have typically not been taxed in the past........it was left to the buyer to report/pay tax in their home state. I have not heard of any new cross state tax collection regs., but I am not a tax accountant.

Historically you are correct. Unfortunately times are changing:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/online-sales-taxes-take-effect-in-these-states.amp

#2791 5 years ago

Im down Im excited. I ordered an LE. When are they shipping nov?

#2792 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Where is the coupon?

#2793 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Where is the coupon?

It expired at 8am EST.

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It expired at 8am EST.

DOH!!!

#2795 5 years ago

100.00 coupon and use Ebates. I think you get an additional 2% cash back on Ebay purchases?

#2796 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

100.00 coupon and use Ebates. I think you get an additional 2% cash back on Ebay purchases?

I know about Ebates where are you seeing a valid 100.00 coupon? I think the one that was mentioned earlier has expired...

#2797 5 years ago

I thought this began January 1, 2019?

#2798 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think that was the deadline. Many places have already implemented it.

#2799 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sure hope MBr gets shipped to me before then!

#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I have yet to meet anyone who has paid use tax - are you the first?

Me. The CA Use Tax board came after me for Metallica...and cuz I had 2 shipped to my house (1 for a friend to save on shipping), they were trying to force me to pay tax on both games!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/56?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.