(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 62.
#2701 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Awesome. Let me know when you get it so about 3 months later I can get an LE at a discount!!

Ok so I have two buyers already.... Sweet!

#2702 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok so I have two buyers already.... Sweet!

Lmao

#2703 5 years ago

Yeah but to see it and hear it up close with hi res / glass off video would go a long way in helping us all make a well informed decision. The chart is really great and helpful for sure.

Quoted from LTG:

Their website does list the different models differences for AFMR and MBR. Sine MMR LE is no longer available from CGC, no chart for differences between the two models.
LTG : )

#2704 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not the only one. Plenty of others agree. 500+ on pinside own the game. 300+ have it on their wish list....but yes, agreed...back to MBr!

Everyone seems to agree that the MBr thread should be for MB discussion.

#2705 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Yeah but to see it and hear it up close with hi res / glass off video would go a long way in helping us all make a well informed decision. The chart is really great and helpful for sure.

I think they did a great job on their website showing the difference between the high-res graphics and the standard graphics. I agree with you that I would like to see similar comparisons for other things, such as the detail on the monsters, the difference between GI lighting, etc.

I guess I can just look at the monsters from an original MB and compare to the pics of the upgraded ones. But a good, close up, side by side comparison from CGC would be nice.

#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dang
$12K gets ya a NIB AFM & NIB MB?
Or a BM66SLE
lol

B66 I’d choose!

#2707 5 years ago

How much more lucky could CGC get that Stern released Beatlewitch instead of Munsters today?

#2708 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Maybe play it at a distibutor or a show?

There is nothing like seeing it in person, it's just gorgeous!

Get the LE, JMHO...

#2709 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

How much more lucky could CGC get that Stern released Beatlewitch instead of Munsters today?

Maybe Doug is a double agent inside Stern now...

#2710 5 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Everyone seems to agree that the MBr thread should be for MB discussion.

Which I have done & will continue to do as a MB owner and MBrLE buyer.

#2711 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if they slowed the Munsters reveal to let the MBr hype train cool a bit so they could have the spotlight to themselves. Perfect time to tease Beatles instead.

#2712 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

A question about the lighting on CGC games. I believe that most of the insert LEDs are integrated into the big circuit boards, is this correct?
What about the GI? Is this integrated as well, or are individual LEDs used?
I guess what I am really wondering is whether the GI on the CE could be upgraded to RGB by swapping out the LEDs? I am assuming that the wiring would already be there (maybe a bad assumption)? I’m also assuming there is not different software for the CE?
My only other thought is maybe there’s a separate driver board for the RGB LEDs, or something along those lines?

Yes, the insert RGBs are integrated on ‘the big circuit boards’ and your stuck with those. If one light goes out, you replace the whole board.

The GI on CGC games are individual LED bulbs which are replaceable. I had to tap into one on my AFMr to install my Eat at Eddy’s mod. They pull out easily, but you have to push on a little white tab (using a flathead screwdriver) which holds them in the socket. They are found daisy wired along the outer edges of the playfield and of course under the slingshots. Yes, the wiring is already there.

I cant be sure about the differences in software from the LE, SE, and CE. When you download updated code from CGC, it’s just one file. Now maybe when the machine unpacks the code it might unpack what is specific to that model. I can tell you the menus for topper are in the SE even though the topper is specific to the LE. That always led me to believe that a CGC topper option for the SE would eventually come. The CE is much different from the SE and LE.

E5300C51-BC0E-4D98-9F6D-0A1003AE411E (resized).jpegE5300C51-BC0E-4D98-9F6D-0A1003AE411E (resized).jpeg
#2713 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

If one light goes out, you replace the whole board.

This is not true. A new LED can be soldered on.

#2714 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Yes, the insert RGBs are integrated on ‘the big circuit boards’ and your stuck with those. If one light goes out, you replace the whole board.

If the same is true for AFM-R and MB-R as it is for MM-R, then this is not entirely true. The way I understood it, is the insert LEDs are integrated into the circuit boards and each insert LED is a cluster of 3 LEDs. If one of the three were to go out, then the other 2 would adjust to reproduce the correct brightness.

I think this is how it was explained...but I could be off a bit. I know they said it was 3 LEDs per insert...

#2715 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I think they did a great job on their website showing the difference between the high-res graphics and the standard graphics. I agree with you that I would like to see similar comparisons for other things, such as the detail on the monsters, the difference between GI lighting, etc.
I guess I can just look at the monsters from an original MB and compare to the pics of the upgraded ones. But a good, close up, side by side comparison from CGC would be nice.

I agree that CGC should’ve posted a side by side comparison of the new toys like they did for their DMD. This was the best I could come up with.

I noticed that they removed the DOHO Easter egg from the graveyard scene where Egor is holding up a torso.

6FF488A5-4592-4973-87E9-94F1C7090957 (resized).jpeg6FF488A5-4592-4973-87E9-94F1C7090957 (resized).jpeg759B5876-67EB-4D87-A8D7-C9F10028B4F0 (resized).png759B5876-67EB-4D87-A8D7-C9F10028B4F0 (resized).pngA186B852-44BF-471F-BD38-10BCB1E46845 (resized).jpegA186B852-44BF-471F-BD38-10BCB1E46845 (resized).jpegEB838C10-03D8-432A-B524-08BF50E79CF2 (resized).jpegEB838C10-03D8-432A-B524-08BF50E79CF2 (resized).jpeg

#2716 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

If the same is true for AFM-R and MB-R as it is for MM-R, then this is not entirely true. The way I understood it, is the insert LEDs are integrated into the circuit boards and each insert LED is a cluster of 3 LEDs. If one of the three were to go out, then the other 2 would adjust to reproduce the correct brightness.
I think this is how it was explained...but I could be off a bit. I know they said it was 3 LEDs per insert...

Yeah, now that you mention it, I think I remember hearing something about that. I guess I could be wrong.

Quoted from kermit24:

This is not true. A new LED can be soldered on.

Really? I didn’t know that was possible. I figured they were like those original JJP WOZ boards. Are they easy to replace?

#2717 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I noticed that they removed the DOHO Easter egg from the graveyard scene where Egor is holding up an torso.

I don't get it - the DOHO is still clearly there?

#2718 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

damn it. DAMN IT - I might have to buy the LE. God it looks so good and my brain is having a hard time understanding why I'm not buying a game I've always wanted but always thought was overpriced. At 8k, brand new and pimped out - damn you pinball! Making it so hard. Game is such a classic.

do it!! i am in on le. no brainer. used ones with oval scoop holes were going for 7500!!

#2719 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I don't get it - the DOHO is still clearly there?

On the new graveyard scene...the tombstones don’t have the letters D O H O on them. Maybe it’s a bad picture, I don’t see them.

#2720 5 years ago

Has anyone had to replace one of those big boards, and if so, are they super expensive?

I haven't heard of a lot of problems with those boards, so hopefully they are reliable enough that this is a non-issue.

If the boards have "redundant" LEDs, that's pretty cool. I wonder if you would ever even know that a single LED has failed?

#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Has anyone had to replace one of those big boards, and if so, are they super expensive?

I would think so. Get the LE and you wont have to worry about it for 2 years.

#2722 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

On the new graveyard scene...the tombstones don’t have the letters D O H O on them. Maybe it’s a bad picture, I don’t see them.

They aren't as clear as before, but they're still there. Look closely.

#2723 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if they slowed the Munsters reveal to let the MBr hype train cool a bit so they could have the spotlight to themselves. Perfect time to tease Beatles instead

I was thinking the same thing. Especially when the CE is priced close to a pro now.

#2724 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

The letters are there, just kind of dark. Here is a version I butchered up to make it more apparent

doho (resized).pngdoho (resized).png
#2725 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

It's your monitor. Before I replaced mine I couldn't see certain shades and no matter how I adjusted the available settings I couldn't solve it. Especially noticeable in PowerPoint when a cell was present but not populated with something. Maybe your monitor is newer and has settings that mine didn't but after upgrading my monitor I was immediately able to see things that I couldn't before that my peers would point out to me on theirs.

#2726 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I haven't heard of a lot of problems with those boards, so hopefully they are reliable enough that this is a non-issue.
If the boards have "redundant" LEDs, that's pretty cool. I wonder if you would ever even know that a single LED has failed?

Has anyone with an MMr had an insert light go out? 3 1/2 years later mine’s still 100%.

#2727 5 years ago

So is everybody else hearing 30 to 90 days before you get your LE?

#2728 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's your monitor. Before I replaced mine I couldn't see certain shades and no matter how I adjusted the available settings I couldn't solve it. Especially noticeable in PowerPoint when a cell was present but not populated with something. Maybe your monitor is newer and has settings that mine didn't but after upgrading my monitor I was immediately able to see things that I couldn't before that my peers would point out to me on theirs.

Yeah I bet your right, or their brightness is just turned down too low. The DOHO isn't hidden at all for me - clearly there and not hard to see on my end.

#2729 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

They aren't as clear as before, but they're still there. Look closely.

Huh, how about that. They are there, but very dark in the picture.

#2730 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The AFM price drop is only on the CE. As pointed out above, PinballSRAR has new price up. CGC mentioned at show that MM will remain $8k

That really doesn't make any sense at all.

MMr might be a little bit more expensive to make. But only a little. Extra $150-250 on the BoM? Extra hour of assembly (less than $50)?

MMr CE at $2k more than AFMr & MBr CE, and the same price as MBr LE? How many will they sell going forward? Virtually none.

Could be that their original licensing deal on MMr sucked, but they need to renegotiate it if that's the case. There's nothing in it for the licensor either if the cost means they don't sell.

If they re-released MMr with the new screen and speaker package, even at $75-7750, I'm sure they'd sell at least another 1500 units. $8k for the CE? Lucky if it's a couple of hundred.

#2731 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Bad picture, too dark, they're still there.

DOHO (resized).jpgDOHO (resized).jpg
#2732 5 years ago

What is the DOHO significance?

#2733 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks for the pics. Good to see it has the bracket that keeps the Drac Track from drooping. Did you happen to notice if the Drac mech is still attached with bolts that go thru the playfield topside or has that been changed?

Drac mech is still attached with pop bumper bracket mounting screws.

#2734 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

MMr might be a little bit more expensive to make. But only a little. Extra $150-250 on the BoM? Extra hour of assembly (less than $50)?
MMr CE at $2k more than AFMr & MBr CE, and the same price as MBr LE? How many will they sell going forward? Virtually none.
Could be that their original licensing deal on MMr sucked, but they need to renegotiate it if that's the case. There's nothing in it for the licensor either if the cost means they don't sell.
If they re-released MMr with the new screen and speaker package, even at $75-7750, I'm sure they'd sell at least another 1500 units. $8k for the CE? Lucky if it's a couple of hundred.

MMr was their first game. When it was announced, they were ONLY going to do 1000 LEs, because they thought that's all the market would want. Then they sold out in like a minute, and they went "oh shit, we have to make more...but we can't sell it for less because 1000 people would then be pissed that they paid more." So, they came up with the 3 tier system for AFM so they wouldn't get caught in a similar situation.

I imagine they're keeping MMr at the same price as not to upset the thousands who already bought one....not to mention it's probably still selling just fine at that price. Restored MM's were $20k when MMr was announced, so $8k for MMr is still seem as "reasonable" by most who want the game.

#2735 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Dorris Ho, Scott "Matrix" Slomiany’s wife!

#2736 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

MMr was their first game. When it was announced, they were ONLY going to do 1000 LEs, because they thought that's all the market would want. Then they sold out in like a minute, and they went "oh shit, we have to make more...but we can't sell it for less because 1000 people would then be pissed that they paid more." So, they came up with the 3 tier system for AFM so they wouldn't get caught in a similar situation.
I imagine they're keeping MMr at the same price as not to upset the thousands who already bought one....not to mention it's probably still selling just fine at that price. Restored MM's were $20k when MMr was announced, so $8k for MMr is still seem as "reasonable" by most who want the game.

Doubt many sell, going forward, with the new pricing structure. It's way too high.

Things have changed, so I don't see why people should be hurt about that.

Would certainly be novel to see people complaining about prices going down, though.

#2737 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Doubt many sell, going forward, with the new pricing structure. It's way too high.

MM's sold at $20k. They'll sell at $8k if anyone wants one. It's the #1 game for a reason.

...and if it doesn't sell, then I'm sure CGC doesn't care - they have 2 other games on the line to sell & more to come.

#2738 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

See the https://thisweekinpinball.com/11-cool-easter-eggs-in-pinball-machines/ for an explanation on it and other Easter eggs

#2739 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

MM's sold at $20k. They'll sell at $8k if anyone wants one. It's the #1 game for a reason.
...and if it doesn't sell, then I'm sure CGC doesn't care - they have 2 other games on the line to sell & more to come.

Handfuls sold at 20k ... not hundreds or thousands.

I'm fairly sure they'd like to generate as much revenue and keep their line as busy as possible.

Bear in mind that there's going to be little to no interest outside of the US. Overseas price gouging on CGC games is generally worse than Stern. MBr CE is ~$8k in EU. MMr CE is ~$10.5k in EU. MBr LE is ~$10.25k in EU.

Good originals are a lot cheaper.

#2740 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Good originals are a lot cheaper.

Sure, but as the current state of Pinside has shown, there are buyers who ONLY want new now. Many new collectors aren't the hobbyists of yesteryear, buying original games and fixing them up themselves. To many buyers, "original" = old with problems.

#2741 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure, but as the current state of Pinside has shown, there are buyers who ONLY want new now. Many new collectors aren't the hobbyists of yesteryear, buying original games and fixing them up themselves. To many buyers, "original" = old with problems.

Up here, getting a decent condition title (if you can find one at a reasonable price), then adding in parts and shipping costs to get it up to snuff, buying NIB becomes the best choice financially in a lot of cases. I do miss cleaning up and fixing pins like with the first few I bought, but the way prices have gone on older pins now I'd just rather spend an extra 500-1k and get something new.

#2742 5 years ago

I think thats the beauty of the pinball manufacturers they are able to build a game then change to build a different one. So if there is demand for MMR they'll build them. They are definitely still selling MMRs though.

Neil.

#2743 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dorris Ho, Scott "Matrix" Slomiany’s wife!

Never knew that!

#2744 5 years ago

I'm attempting to keep track of orders for the MBr here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club

There are certainly more that 88 Pinsiders that have ordered an MBr, so go there and add your info if appropriate.

Thanks.

Robert

As of 10/24 @ 2:45 pm PST:

I'm in on a CE: 7 vote 7%

I'm in on a SE: 10 votes 10%

I'm in on a LE: 71 votes 68%

I'm out for now: 16 votes 15%

(104 votes total)

#2745 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Up here, getting a decent condition title (if you can find one at a reasonable price), then adding in parts and shipping costs to get it up to snuff, buying NIB becomes the best choice financially in a lot of cases. I do miss cleaning up and fixing pins like with the first few I bought, but the way prices have gone on older pins now I'd just rather spend an extra 500-1k and get something new.

This is just what I was saying in my thread that many new people with pockets full of cash would rather buy new from a distro then screw with everything involved with buying a used one. Even if it means paying more.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-remake-wish-list-what-would-you-like-to-see-remade

#2746 5 years ago

What game is thinner... TOM or MB?

What game is easier to get through, and what game has less to see?

#2747 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think you all are forgetting that they didn’t manufacture MMR. Stern did. That’s where the $1 to $2k went. Maybe if they rerun in-house it would be cheaper.

#2748 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What game is thinner... TOM or MB?
What game is easier to get through, and what game has less to see?

About the same from my experience... both are pretty simple and on the easier side ..even set up difficult. Still fun to play for a bit and tom has some neat magnet tricks.

#2749 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think you all are forgetting that they didn’t manufacture MMR. Stern did. That’s where the $1 to $2k went. Maybe if they rerun in-house it would be cheaper.

They have made them in house for a while now.

#2750 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

About the same from my experience... both are pretty simple and on the easier side ..even set up difficult. Still fun to play for a bit and tom has some neat magnet tricks.

I had TOM for a bit less than year, and got to Grande Finale pretty frequently. I absolutely love the flow of TOM, along with it's music, theme, and all the magic tricks, but I never found playing the modes interesting, and I thought that the multiball was a bit pointless since you could not really use it to advance any goals.

What is it that MM/AFM have that MB lacks?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/55?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.