(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 62.
#2651 5 years ago

Man Ghostbusters sucked.

#2652 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man Ghostbusters sucked.

LOL

#2653 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I honestly can't see why you are in love with that clattering contraption of banality and boredom.

Because it's not. Have you played it since 2016?

#2654 5 years ago

I just want to know when the $6000 NIB Scared Stiff and TAF are coming out?

#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Because it's not. Have you played it since 2016?

I played it yesterday after a service call.

It was, and still is, and always will be awful. The software will never save that horrible playfield design. I'm always impressed by how good the sound is, however, as long as you can hear it over the painful death rattle of all of those drop targets.

Why are we arguing about this? You are a veteran of a million political flamewars, do you really think anybody's mind is going to get changed?

#2656 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL @ "proving" an opinion.

Airballs are facts. Outlane hops are facts. Cheap STDM drains from magna-slings and loop ricochets and scoop are facts. Linear mode ladders are a fact.

My opinion is based off these facts.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was, and still is, and always will be awful.

Stated as a fact. What is the basis for this opinion? What makes it awful? The rules are perfectly in sync with the design. A playfield doesn't exist in a vacuum.

#2657 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just for those 5 people, and for your entertainment, I'll say this then, lol.
Moving Smaug head toy with lighting effects plus mouth that moves to in game speech, 2 magnets, cross ramp diverter, 4 pop up beast mechs with molded figures, player controlled kickback, 11 independently controlled drop targets, mini LCD book toy, subway with multiple entrances, "ring" lockdown bar button, molded pop bumper covers, 30+ game modes with custom Two Steps from Hell music, 3 multistaged Arkenstone wizard modes, 1 super wizard mode, licensed actor audio / video from all 3 films, and licensed music from the films that when all combined creates the deepest objective based ruleset every created for a pinball machine.
Will save that to my "JJP Rebuttal" notepad doc, have them for all their games ready to go just for the haters, lol

None of that takes away the hobbits clunky feel. Sure it's pretty but it just has a bad feeling to it. No smoothness or something. I was REALLY disappointed by this one

#2658 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Airballs are facts. Outlane hops are facts. Cheap STDM drains from magna-slings and loop ricochets and scoop are facts. Linear mode ladders are a fact.
My opinion is based off these facts.

Stated as a fact. What is the basis for this opinion? What makes it awful? The rules are perfectly in sync with the design. A playfield doesn't exist in a vacuum.

It’s boring and dumb and stupid. Also it’s not fun. And too easy.

Boom! Proved it with facts!

#2659 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

None of that takes away the hobbits clunky feel. Sure it's pretty but it just has a bad feeling to it. No smoothness or something. I was REALLY disappointed by this one

Wow, we must be playing two different games then as those orbits and ramps are smooth as butter

#2660 5 years ago

Fact is this is a Monster Bash thread.

I'm of the opinion that the Hobbit discussion is pointless and has become downright annoying.

#2661 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, we must be playing two different games then as those orbits and ramps are smooth as butter

***Please stay on topic***

#2662 5 years ago

Also, Yay more CGC games!
If you look at the top bally/willaims games on pinside and remove the ones with potential licensing issues, then TOTAN would be next!!
I dont think that will be the case but oh my God I wish it were.

#2663 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And then what? What do you chain to the orbits that feels smooth? Cant back you up on this one. Hobbit really is a poor playing polished turd to most. I dont mind you loving it but I feel you have a case of loving your ugly child because it's yours.

Orbits to ramps, ramp's to orbits, either to the hole shots, all are smooth. Maybe you didn't make any orbit to ramp shots or vice versa? I like the game because I think it plays great and it does justice to the world J.R.R Tolkien's created with a great world under glass feeling. There's no reason to stoop low and start throwing around insults and personal attacks, just wow.

#2664 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Fact is this is a Monster Bash thread.
I'm of the opinion that the Hobbit discussion is pointless and has become downright annoying.

I agree,my problem is I need to sell something if I get MB. No way would I part with my Hobbit. Still not sure what I would give up. My wife says not in the dinning
room must be in the basement.
So I have a room problem.

#2665 5 years ago

I want one. Game being "too easy" doesn't bother me too much, I have room in my line up for a simpler game (and I am so bad it will probably still kick my ass). Only thing stopping me is I promised myself I wouldn't buy another NIB for a year cuz my pinball spending has gotten stupid. Will see if I can hold out...

#2666 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I want one. Game being "too easy" doesn't bother me too much, I have room in my line up for a simpler game (and I am so bad it will probably still kick my ass). Only thing stopping me is I promised myself I wouldn't buy another NIB for a year cuz my pinball spending has gotten stupid. Will see if I can hold out...

With the CE being $6k it's a lot of game for the money. I don't see Monster Bash ever getting old as it's a theme that appeals to people of all ages. There's only a handful of themes that I could see owners, their parents, kids, friends, etc universally liking but Monster Bash is one of them.

#2667 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With the CE being $6k it's a lot of game for the money.

Yeah, but I'd have to go LE if I go at all. Love me some bling.

#2668 5 years ago

Im looking at either JJP POTC vs. New MB. I usually got to Allentown pinfest and I think I will just need to play both games at the show and then decide which one is the winner. As for Hobbit, I own Hobbit and WOZ and I love both. My wife is also a huge Lord of the Rings/Hobbit fan and she loves the videos, callouts and game play. Having a pin at home that makes the wife happy is huge! Makes her more amenable to me buying more pins for the gameroom! My niece who is 6 enjoys bashing the pop up Spider. Win overall! It makes the whole family happy.

#2669 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yeah, but I'd have to go LE if I go at all. Love me some bling.

The LE certainly has a lot of that to offer and looks incredible. Can anyone confirm if the LE has a metallic finish to its armour? It appears that it does in the video below but can't tell for sure.

#2670 5 years ago

Deep metallic blue... it is stunning

#2671 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Looks great...almost looks purple in the pics

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Is it kinda sparkly like Avengers/Hulk LEs?

#2673 5 years ago

Yes, it has metal flake translucent almost candy dark blue trim.

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I personally am disappointed that it doesn't really do anything extra. Am I still pumped? Yes. How can you not be attracted to a brand new MB but considering all of the possibilities, the topper is disappointing (AFMr crushes it), the ball in the back left is a throw away to me and so on.
Bottom line is the juice felt on these boards is simply people seeing a brand new MB being offered with some nice add ons for a GREAT price considering the used market. What could have been though......especially if that dual code thing turned out to be true.

AFMR LE's topper is the new gold standard for toppers. It will be hard to "top" (pun intended) in the future. MBR's topper should have had some animation to the figures but it is still good. Just not up the AFMR's. I might add that by comparison to CGC's, the toppers that JJP and Stern provide are a bit disappointing for pins with much higher price points. I ordered a TILT Topper for my POTC LE because I felt the game should have something better than what JJP included.

#2675 5 years ago

On this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club

I'm trying to keep track (via a poll) what people are buying. Feel free to add your info there.

Robert

#2676 5 years ago

Can the OP change the topic title to "Hobbit" or "When people with money get bored and run out of things to complain about"?

Back to MB. And back to being a civilized adults.

Maybe it's time that some of you do a gratification exercise and realize how damn fortunate you are to even be in this thread discussing a machine that 98% of people couldn't even fathom owning.

#2677 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

GET A FUCKING ROOM already...

No one wants to hear why Rarehero is the one and only that sees Hobbit for what it is. This is the MBr thread...

#2678 5 years ago

Are there any detail pictures of the CE available?

#2679 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No one wants to hear why Rarehero is the one and only that sees Hobbit for what it is. This is the MBr thread...

Not the only one. Plenty of others agree. 500+ on pinside own the game. 300+ have it on their wish list....but yes, agreed...back to MBr!

#2680 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Yes, it has metal flake translucent almost candy dark blue trim.

Sweeeeet. I did my Iron Man with Candy Red and it's gorgeous!!

#2681 5 years ago

Plunked down a deposit for the LE this morning. I had the original a few years ago but sold it. I forgot if the original had an attract mode. If so, does the remake have it also?

#2682 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

I had the original a few years ago but sold it. I forgot if the original had an attract mode. If so, does the remake have it also?

Yes.

LTG : )

#2683 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

AFMR LE's topper is the new gold standard for toppers. It will be hard to "top" (pun intended) in the future. MBR's topper should have had some animation to the figures but it is still good. Just not up the AFMR's. I might add that by comparison to CGC's, the toppers that JJP and Stern provide are a bit disappointing for pins with much higher price points. I ordered a TILT Topper for my POTC LE because I felt the game should have something better than what JJP included.

Totally agree that CCG toppers are the gold standard, and it will hard to ever beat the topper for AFMRLE......I also agree that JJP toppers are absolutely horrible, which is a surprise considering their games are built to such a high standard (I've owned them all).

#2684 5 years ago

damn it. DAMN IT - I might have to buy the LE. God it looks so good and my brain is having a hard time understanding why I'm not buying a game I've always wanted but always thought was overpriced. At 8k, brand new and pimped out - damn you pinball! Making it so hard. Game is such a classic.

#2685 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

.I also agree that JJP toppers are absolutely horrible

This may be true,

Yet still I'm waiting for my hobbit topper as stated on the flyer when I paid in full.

Also waiting for Smaug to interact with the ball.

#2686 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Amen..... STFU....It's called MONSTER BASH!

"Diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain"

#2687 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

This may be true,
Yet still I'm waiting for my hobbit topper as stated on the flyer when I paid in full.
Also waiting for Smaug to interact with the ball.

True....the JJP games are great yet their toppers are really crap.... i.e. WOZ RR or ECLE along with LE Pirates ...their so bad they look out of place....

#2688 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So everyone can downvote this one as well but it's pretty sad that 3 people decided to downvote me voicing an opinion.
I didnt say anything nasty. Just that the game felt clunky and disappointing to me. Nice to know there are still gutless little bitches on pinside. Hahaha
He doesn't like the game I like, crycrycry.
Notice how I tried to get the thread away from you crappy game and back to monster bash though? Fuckin hobbit lovers lol
Guess how much these numbers matter? If you guessed not at all, you are correct.

#2689 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally agree that CCG toppers are the gold standard, and it will hard to ever beat the topper for AFMRLE......I also agree that JJP toppers are absolutely horrible, which is a surprise considering their games are built to such a high standard (I've owned them all).

Its a topper? I for one cld care less about them ... however i do like afmr, wh20 and fish tales.

#2690 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Thanks.

#2691 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I've always wondered why people care anything about this. Why does an internet pinball forum score card with other peoples opinions about you matter to anyone?

It doesn't matter what hobby it is, or forum, if there's a collection of people, they will always have differing opinions that turn into a pissing match. You should see my wife's quilting and cross stitching forums :X

#2692 5 years ago

A question about the lighting on CGC games. I believe that most of the insert LEDs are integrated into the big circuit boards, is this correct?

What about the GI? Is this integrated as well, or are individual LEDs used?

I guess what I am really wondering is whether the GI on the CE could be upgraded to RGB by swapping out the LEDs? I am assuming that the wiring would already be there (maybe a bad assumption)? I’m also assuming there is not different software for the CE?

My only other thought is maybe there’s a separate driver board for the RGB LEDs, or something along those lines?

#2693 5 years ago

Probably b cheaper and definitely much easier to bye the se. Probably uses individual rgb gi lighting like tna? Also its probably in the code of the se and le.

#2694 5 years ago

It would be really nice if CGC would do a video of all three machines side by side with the glass off, explaining the differences... close up and without background / crowd noise. Play a ball or two on each one, beginning with the CE . This would help greatly in answering a lot of questions and help in deciding which one to buy.

#2695 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

damn it. DAMN IT - I might have to buy the LE. God it looks so good and my brain is having a hard time understanding why I'm not buying a game I've always wanted but always thought was overpriced. At 8k, brand new and pimped out - damn you pinball! Making it so hard. Game is such a classic.

Awesome. Let me know when you get it so about 3 months later I can get an LE at a discount!!

#2696 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Awesome. Let me know when you get it so about 3 months later I can get an LE at a discount!!

I give it a month lol...

#2697 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So everyone can downvote this one as well but it's pretty sad that 3 people decided to downvote me voicing an opinion.
I didnt say anything nasty. Just that the game felt clunky and disappointing to me. Nice to know there are still gutless little bitches on pinside. Hahaha
He doesn't like the game I like, crycrycry.
Notice how I tried to get the thread away from you crappy game and back to monster bash though? Fuckin hobbit lovers lol
Guess how much these numbers matter? If you guessed not at all, you are correct.

IDK man. you sound pretty upset. Want to talk about it?

#2698 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Probably b cheaper and definitely much easier to bye the se.

Yes, this is quite likely correct. Just trying to analyze all the possibilities, and also I am really just curious how CGC is going to equip the GI lighting differently in the different model lines. Personally I would not think they’d want to have separate versions of code, or different wiring harnesses, etc. But maybe they will.

#2699 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

It would be really nice if CGC would do a video of all three machines side by side with the glass off, explaining the differences..

Their website does list the different models differences for AFMR and MBR. Sine MMR LE is no longer available from CGC, no chart for differences between the two models.

#2700 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Yes, this is quite likely correct. Just trying to analyze all the possibilities, and also I am really just curious how CGC is going to equip the GI lighting differently in the different model lines. Personally I would not think they’d want to have separate versions of code, or different wiring harnesses, etc. But maybe they will.

The se and le look to use something like this where the ce will probably use regular bayonet type sockets....maybe the se and le use a extra driver board but not sure. Its probably just in the code like the speaker lights and afmr topper were
https://www.pinballlife.com/p3-roc-single-rgb-gi-pcb-assembly.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.