(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 62.
#2601 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

These protectors were mangled after one day at expo. Someone pointed it out to me. I’m in on an LE, but just wanted to mention that you will want to get a proper Cliffs protector.

Even regular cliffys got damaged on my mb.. used both mantis and cliffy and that did the trick. The design of that scoop really makes the left side take a beating.

#2602 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Even regular cliffys got damaged on my mb.. used both mantis and cliffy and that did the trick. The design of that scoop really makes the left side take a beating.

That is where it was all bent. Good to know.

#2603 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

These protectors were mangled after one day at expo. Someone pointed it out to me. I’m in on an LE, but just wanted to mention that you will want to get a proper Cliffs protector.

It's ridiculous that CGC doesn't just save everyone the time and trouble and just ship with REAL CLIFFIES on the LE, at least. Make the LE an actually premium product all the way around. It would also be a great bullet point for their marketing.

#2604 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Exactly. The Hobbit is exhibit "A" for that.

Don’t fucking troll me Vic. I never claimed Hobbit was fun because of depth. It’s fun because it’s fun. I’d never own a non-fun game.

#2605 5 years ago

Correct me if i’m wrong but those new remakes use LCD display right? So the dot is emulated so as it would be on a computer screen. Then is there new options for the display?
LCD is good but it’s not a dot matrix so you can display whatever you want on it.
I prefer dot matrix since it’s related to the dot and was the constraint at the time that’s why we had to deal with one color (more or less light depending on frequency) and we had those round shape elements on screen. Same as MAME games emulation VS real arcade with neon tubes.

#2606 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Absolute textbook example of "frog and the boiler plate".
And I cant help but laugh at the juxtaposition of LE and the number of machines going up. Just call it the Loaded Edition. There is nothing "limited" at 1200+ units.

There are 2500 dialed in “le” games...
clearly we can blame jjp for this madness

#2607 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’d never own a non-fun game.

Man, I just looked at your owned in the past history lol

#2608 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Absolute textbook example of "frog and the boiler plate".
And I cant help but laugh at the juxtaposition of LE and the number of machines going up. Just call it the Loaded Edition. There is nothing "limited" at 1200+ units.

The Increase is Export Market most of the 1,000 have already sold in the USA each release there is existing buyers and new buyers making the numbers of LE less available, 250 mostly going to Europe

#2609 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This is gonna disappoint a ton of people.....

Just wanted to bump your post up from 7 months ago to say, "looks like you're not a very good psychic."

#2610 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Just wanted to bump your post up from 7 months ago to say, "looks like you're not a very good psychic."

It will upset a lot of Bank Managers, people taking money out to buy them

#2611 5 years ago

Question for the Distributors on here. How fast are these selling? I'm interested in picking up an LE but can't lock in a non refundable deposit right this second.

#2612 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You used to own Gold Wings

#2613 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Question for the Distributors on here. How fast are these selling? I'm interested in picking up an LE but can't lock in a non refundable deposit right this second.

Pps offers a refundable deposit....

#2614 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don’t fucking troll me Vic. I never claimed Hobbit was fun because of depth. It’s fun because it’s fun. I’d never own a non-fun game.

And yet you continue to troll all of us by insisting Hobbit isn't one of the worst games of the modern era.

Well I for one am not taking the bait!

Again anyway.

Carry on.

#2615 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pps offers a refundable deposit....

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Dennis

#2616 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And yet you continue to troll all of us by insisting Hobbit isn't one of the worst games of the modern era.
Well I for one am not taking the bait!
Again anyway.
Carry on.

If you grow up loving whack a mole, hobbit seems like an amazing pinball.. either way.. Back to Monster Bash Remake!

#2617 5 years ago

Guys.... guys....! What’s the deal!?? If you like the game, buy it. If you don’t, then don’t buy it. No one is forcing anyone to buy it. Do all of us like ford mustangs? Hell no. That’s why we have choices. We all share a same interest, pinball. Not video games. Not other bullshit. Just pinball. Support each other and this hobby (or business if you have a route). Enough.

#2618 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Guys.... guys....! What’s the deal!??

The deal is we all like killing time at work by arguing about stupid shit. It's literally why this place exists!

Your plea for world peace is not going to change that.

#2619 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I personally am disappointed that it doesn't really do anything extra. Am I still pumped? Yes. How can you not be attracted to a brand new MB but considering all of the possibilities, the topper is disappointing (AFMr crushes it), the ball in the back left is a throw away to me and so on.

Bottom line is the juice felt on these boards is simply people seeing a brand new MB being offered with some nice add ons for a GREAT price considering the used market. What could have been though......especially if that dual code thing turned out to be true.

#2620 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... So I am thinking about getting an LE... Its just gorgeous and plays amazing. I played it at the expo for like 50 plays... I put up a few decent scores on it... Here is my question to people though...
Is this game deep enough for a home use game. My fear is that it isn't. Now I played this and I played Deadpool. I liked this a hell of a lot better than deadpool. In fact this was one of my favorite games that I played at the expo, if not my most favorite one. Love Attack from Mars and I plan on getting that at one point too.
Didn't care too much for the hobbit, and while I thought JJ Pirates was an amazing game. That game's theme is just does nothing for me. And the amount of moving parts on it scares the hell out of me, and my 100 year old floors.
So, I know I'll have a great time with this machine. It looks amazing. Plays amazing.
But, how long till I get bored of it and move on. My friend made Monster Bash mode on the weekend and I think if I played more by myself and not 2 player games I could have done so too... I stink generally when taking turns.
So how well do you guys think this will hold up in a household collection?

I had a chance to play JJP Pirates last weekend as well. Gorgeous game but didn't do it for me. Deep code is overrated imo. It's nice to have a lot of shots, variety of modes, and challenging goals but learning the rules shouldn't be a college course. MB is a true classic and even though it's not my favorite 90's game, I rather have it than most new games. Tough to beat the total package of great art, dots, callouts, and sounds. It's easy to learn for beginners and enough depth for experienced players. With any game, it's important to play a bunch of times before thinking of buying one. If a game is fun after 50 plays then it should do well at home.

#2621 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The deal is we all like killing time at work by arguing about stupid shit. It's literally why this place exists!
Your plea for world peace is not going to change that.

(deleted)

#2622 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pinball machines were and are always expensive.
People play at the arcade, then they dont have to buy them.
People buy used games off route.
The price of games is whatever the operator wants to pay.
The home market is new and only lightly tested. The price will be whatever more affluent people can afford or are willing to pay.
Smart people will play on location and save their money for houses and vehicles.
Later on they will be affluent and not care too much about prices.

If it came down to it a new pinball machine is a far better financial move versus buying a new car. Car loans that come with a majority of new car purchases are the biggest reason why people cannot build wealth.

#2623 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If it came down to it a new pinball machine is a far better financial move versus buying a new car. Car loans that come with a majority of new car purchases are the biggest reason why people cannot build wealth.

This may be the worst cargument ever.

You can't drive a pinball machine to work. You can't pick up the kids with it. You can't move pinball machines with it.

A pinball machine literally has almost ZERO PERCENT in common with a car.

In the lives of about 98 percent of the people here (myself not included), a pinball machine is a far worse investment than a car. Unless you have a car already I guess.

#2624 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

And a 10 year old car isn't holding any value to speak of...

#2625 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can't drive a pinball machine to work. You can't pick up the kids with it. You can't move pinball machines with it.
In the lives of about 98 percent of the people here (myself not included), a pinball machine is a far worse investment than a car. Unless you have a car already I guess.

I wish I could buy a car, wipe down the dash and put LED headlights in, call it “fully restored” and get a premium for it..

#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

I was thinking super Mario Brothers.

#2627 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I said if it came down to it and please read the comment I made about car loans. I'll happily take a used $10k car and a new Monster Bash LE versus a $30k - $50k car loan. I'm not talking about the individuals that can drop $40k in cash on a new car and buy the high end pin but rather a majority of consumers.

So how is a pinball machine a far worse investment then a $30k - $50k car that has a loan attached to it? A Monster Bash LE will be worth what in 5 years? Most likely it holds it value but let's say it drops $1k in value. The $30k - $50k car though will be worth half (if that), and thousands will have been paid in interest.

#2628 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

And your point is??

I can't even remember the context of that remark?

Can you spend a few more hours, go back and find it, read it, quote it and tell me what your point is?

#2629 5 years ago

This topic is getting ridiculous. I'm going to imagine someone didn't say a car is a better "investment" than a pinball machine.

Let's try to steer this back on target.....

I keep on hearing MBr is coming out as soon as this month. Is that really true? Can't wait to see some new owners post pics, impressions, etc.

#2630 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... So I am thinking about getting an LE... Its just gorgeous and plays amazing. I played it at the expo for like 50 plays... I put up a few decent scores on it... Here is my question to people though...
Is this game deep enough for a home use game. My fear is that it isn't. Now I played this and I played Deadpool. I liked this a hell of a lot better than deadpool. In fact this was one of my favorite games that I played at the expo, if not my most favorite one. Love Attack from Mars and I plan on getting that at one point too.
Didn't care too much for the hobbit, and while I thought JJ Pirates was an amazing game. That game's theme is just does nothing for me. And the amount of moving parts on it scares the hell out of me, and my 100 year old floors.
So, I know I'll have a great time with this machine. It looks amazing. Plays amazing.
But, how long till I get bored of it and move on. My friend made Monster Bash mode on the weekend and I think if I played more by myself and not 2 player games I could have done so too... I stink generally when taking turns.
So how well do you guys think this will hold up in a household collection?

One of the great things about MB is that the rule set is easy to understand, which trust me is a great thing. I own or have owned a lot of really nice pins, and what really separates MB, AFM, MM, TZ from most is that not only are they really fun to shoot, but the rule sets are easy to understand, and explain to guests/kids, etc... Its hands down one of my favorite pins. I've been looking for a nice one for a long time, but could never locate one locally in good condition .... so I ordered the LE

#2631 5 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Key word: used to.

Also, context. I think it was $100 & I had never fully shipped out a pin before. It was an educational project.

#2632 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I personally am disappointed that it doesn't really do anything extra. Am I still pumped? Yes. How can you not be attracted to a brand new MB but considering all of the possibilities, the topper is disappointing (AFMr crushes it), the ball in the back left is a throw away to me and so on.
Bottom line is the juice felt on these boards is simply people seeing a brand new MB being offered with some nice add ons for a GREAT price considering the used market. What could have been though......especially if that dual code thing turned out to be true.

To me the color changing RGB LED GI is a bigger deal than any topper.

#2633 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I was thinking super Mario Brothers.

Remember when games were cheap AF and popped up on Craigslist all the time? I ‘memba. That’s when you buy a shitty game for cheap just to goof around with it for a while....sell it when you go pick up some more cheap CL games. As a Nintendo fan I wanted to give it a go. As a pinball fan I needed the spot for something good.

#2634 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not trolling. It’s THE last great game released. I doubt any other movie themed game of the “LCD era” will be as good based on what we’ve seen since. Bobalee Bobo.

#2635 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not trolling. It’s THE last great game released. I doubt any other movie themed game of the “LCD era” will be as good based on what we’ve seen since. Bobalee Bobo.

I love the Hobbit.....kids love it as well....

#2636 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

To me the color changing RGB LED GI is a bigger deal than any topper.

That's a great point - I need to pay close attention to what that brings.

#2637 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I love the Hobbit.....kids love it as well....

So do 548 other people on Pinside....but the same vocal 5 people who hate it (and have prob never played it on new code with some settings tweaks & the sound blasting) are convinced I’m the only person who likes it.

#2638 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quoted from Rarehero:

Remember when games were cheap AF and popped up on Craigslist all the time? I ‘memba. That’s when you buy a shitty game for cheap just to goof around with it for a while....

You made a false statement, I called ya out on it... but then ya admit to it, yet you still gave me a downvote? C’mon man.

#2639 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So do 548 other people on Pinside....but the same vocal 5 people who hate it (and have prob never played it on new code with some settings tweaks & the sound blasting) are convinced I’m the only person who likes it.

Slimer on line 2 for Rarehero...hard to understand what he's saying but I think he keeps screaming something in Slimer language about "irony."

#2640 5 years ago

First off, don’t bash the MBrLE until you have played one, second, the topper may not jump up and down, but the light show that is incorporated into the gameplay with the RGB LEDs is also incorporated into the light show of the topper. It adds a lot of glitz and bling while you play. The detail on the figures is amazing, and they are well sculpted and painted. The plaque on the lockdown bar is pure laser etched goodness, the dark blue metallic trim is sweet. This pin has some modding potential, but they have pretty much done a majority of the blinging. Mirror side blades, the plasma wheel. All the monsters look good, the mechs are robust and work well. Drac has a new LED lit coffin, Brides head works. The left ramp is just as frustrating as an original MB. The RGB scoop, two target drop bank, and spinner lights are a great addition as well. The system emulates the Williams code like VPinMAME, so the lag at startup is the sbpc that it has to boot first before running the emulation software, which then has to boot up too. Oh, and I forgot to mention, THEY RE-DID ALL THE DOTS!! and made the display twice as large as before and in color. So no new rule set, but a complete visual makeover.

Caveat here, yes I am locked in on an LE, but only after playing it at Expo. I was a fence sitter until then.

#2641 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

You made a false statement, I called ya out on it... but then ya admit to it, yet you still gave me a downvote? C’mon man.

I've always wondered why people care anything about this. Why does an internet pinball forum score card with other peoples opinions about you matter to anyone?

#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I've always wondered why people care anything about this. Why does an internet pinball forum score card with other peoples opinions about you matter to anyone?

Human nature....

#2643 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

even without the new code the game was great and a lot of fun.....honestly for the kids they love the graphics and sound quality....feels like your immersed in the movies if I had to nick pick it would be that its a wide body....I would have preferred a standard size cabinet.

#2644 5 years ago

Anybody have an idea of what CCG manufacturing capacity is? I.e how many games per week they can build?

#2645 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just for those 5 people, and for your entertainment, I'll say this then, lol.

Moving Smaug head toy with lighting effects plus mouth that moves to in game speech, 2 magnets, cross ramp diverter, 4 pop up beast mechs with molded figures, player controlled kickback, 11 independently controlled drop targets, mini LCD book toy, subway with multiple entrances, "ring" lockdown bar button, molded pop bumper covers, 30+ game modes with custom Two Steps from Hell music, 3 multistaged Arkenstone wizard modes, 1 super wizard mode, licensed actor audio / video from all 3 films, and licensed music from the films that when all combined creates the deepest objective based ruleset every created for a pinball machine.

Will save that to my "JJP Rebuttal" notepad doc, have them for all their games ready to go just for the haters, lol

#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I wish I could buy a car, wipe down the dash and put LED headlights in, call it “fully restored” and get a premium for it..

I wonder if Zach Meny's car is equipped with Pin Stadium headlights ??

#2647 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Own. Currently. Keep. For length of time.

This is Pinside 2018 "Look at this guy who bought games for over a decade, shopped them out, then sold them when he was done with them! What a prick!"

#2648 5 years ago

To be on topic, I love the new dots and the bigger display of MBr(S/L)E. I think other manufacturers are making a mistake with the added game rules that require you to know when to add a multiplier, or how to stack modes for best score. What happened to the “1000 points when lit” mentality? Flashing lights and sound cues where all you got before, now I need a players guide just to know how to plunge the ball. Not liking that side of deep rulesets. That being said, MB ruleset is straight forward, simple to some, challenging to others, a good mix for a home machine, where you want your guests to think they are accomplishing something, but then they see you take it to Monsters Of Rock MB mode and you leave them in the dust. Terrible machine in tournament though since wizards can play it nonstop for hours.

<flame suit on>
The Snobbit machine has a couple of things not in its favor, the source material was not PJ’s best movie, you can’t make a ok machine better by just adding more trolls to it, and for phux sake can we move away from the tiny text and hard to decipher LCD graphics?
<flame suit off>

#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Slimer on line 2 for Rarehero...hard to understand what he's saying but I think he keeps screaming something in Slimer language about "irony."

No irony. When I rip on a game like that I have a litany of legitimate issues with it that others can verifiably prove. No one who rips on Hobbit has anything of substance to complain about.

Hobbit's not a tournament game. It's not for you.

#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No irony. When I rip on a game like that I have a litany of legitimate issues with it that others can verifiably prove. No one who rips on Hobbit has anything of substance to complain about.
Hobbit's not a tournament game. It's not for you.

LOL @ "proving" an opinion.

You are unhinged. Hobbit is terrible because I say it is. The tournament slam is ridiculous - I've been arguing about pinball machines online just as long as you have and playing in tournaments for like 3 years.

I honestly can't see why you are in love with that clattering contraption of banality and boredom. I mean you've stated why, but I just don't see it.

You know I'm on board with you on Ghostbusters of course!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.