(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 62.
#2551 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Not even. You’d also get a pretty clean B/W B title for that as well. SLE’s are $15k.

This is true if you can even find an SLE for sale.

#2552 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

My preorder for a LE is in.
But after listening to the Deeproot seminar I think I should cancel my order and wait until March ?
LOL LOL

That’s what I’m thinking. Not LOL.

#2553 5 years ago

Paid my deposit this morning. I'm "locked-in" for the LE

woohoo!!!

#2554 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

That’s what I’m thinking. Not LOL.

What is happening in March?

#2555 5 years ago

I have a verbal agreement on Monster Bash and waiting for the Locked In status.

Getting a bit anxious.

#2556 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I have a verbal agreement on Monster Bash and waiting for the Locked In status.

Getting a bit anxious.

No way 1250 is sold out. Call around. Lots of folks still with allocation for the LE

#2557 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

No way 1250 is sold out. Call around. Lots of folks still with allocation for the LE

The LE will available for a long time....especially since they upped the number 250 units from AFM....AFMRLE was available for a year after release.

#2558 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The LE will available for a long time....especially since they upped the number 250 units from AFM....AFMRLE was available for a year after release.

Yeah, no rush. LEs will be available for quite a while.

#2559 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, no rush. LEs will be available for quite a while.

"Sales guys hate him! Use this one weird trick to work around the #1 BS sales tactic"

#2560 5 years ago

Clearly CCG figured out that they sell way more LE's then SE's and Classics (just my guess) so they upped the number of LE's. Distributors alway say their allocation is going quick, but that comes to a grinding halt after a week or two.....right now everyone is excited, but my guess these will be available for a long while.

#2561 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Clearly CCG figured out that they sell way more LE's then SE's and Classics (just my guess) so they upped the number of LE's. Distributors alway say their allocation is going quick, but that comes to a grinding halt after a week or two.....right now everyone is excited, but my guess these will be available for a long while.

That’s a good thing. They can’t build them all at once....and with these evergreen classic titles, they don’t need to frontload sales...they can keep making/selling them for years.

#2562 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s a good thing. They can’t build them all at once....and with these evergreen classic titles, they don’t need to frontload sales...they can keep making/selling them for years.

Yep + they have increased cash flow with building so many LE's. I suspect they sell those much quicker than the SE/CE games.....so overall probably a great business decision for CCG. As we all know the game really isn't an LE, but a pimped out version on the original....

#2563 5 years ago

What a crazy hobby. $8000 for a pin is now a great deal. That was crazy money not long ago. Still is for me. I do think the CE at $6000 is a great move. Be nice if they could get the cost of the color upgrade down to really compete with the Stern pro that has lcd display. In the long run, maybe a little more competition at the pro level will cause Stern to drop pricing.

#2564 5 years ago

Deposit In on LE - Locked and Loaded - Hope the Matching Customer Loyalty thing is still good. Fingers crossed.

Do I sell anything in my collection. Maybee - hmnn nahhhh

#2565 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

In the long run, maybe a little more competition at the pro level will cause Stern to drop pricing.

Nobody in the industry wants to see prices drop and Stern STILL has the cheapest games by a good margin so I don't think we'll see your hypothetical play out, sorry.

#2566 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dang

$12K gets ya a NIB AFM & NIB MB?

Or a BM66SLE

lol

Already owned both AFM and MB no interest in owning them again I'll take the BM66SLE.

#2567 5 years ago

What is under the hood? I haven't seen any pictures (and didn't see inside at the show) . I had to power cycle the MBr because the guy before me left a four player game and I didn't want to look like a jerk sitting there playing it. It took time to boot up.

I seem to remember MMr had a very large circuit board under the playfield. Are there boards that are interchangeable with MMr and AFMr?

I assume that the people that are "all in" have a good understanding of this. Just curious. I don't have any experience with MMr or AFMr.

#2568 5 years ago
Quoted from not4tilts:

What is under the hood?

Check the topic gallery.

#2569 5 years ago
Quoted from not4tilts:

What is under the hood? I haven't seen any pictures (and didn't see inside at the show) . I had to power cycle the MBr because the guy before me left a four player game and I didn't want to look like a jerk sitting there playing it. It took time to boot up.
I seem to remember MMr had a very large circuit board under the playfield. Are there boards that are interchangeable with MMr and AFMr?
I assume that the people that are "all in" have a good understanding of this. Just curious. I don't have any experience with MMr or AFMr.

See post for pictuers under the hood. They all have large boards that are not interchangeable.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/49#post-4644775

#2570 5 years ago

Thanks! Wow - that is a "monster" circuit board. The processor board in the head then is the same as used in the other remakes?

#2571 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What a crazy hobby. $8000 for a pin is now a great deal. That was crazy money not long ago.

It’s all relative. 5-10 years ago, a mint fully restored MB was $10-12k, and that’s when NIB games were less than $4k. Today new games are $8k+, and now you can get a mint new MB for the the same price or less. It kinda is a deal.

#2572 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What a crazy hobby. $8000 for a pin is now a great deal. That was crazy money not long ago.

Absolute textbook example of "frog and the boiler plate".

And I cant help but laugh at the juxtaposition of LE and the number of machines going up. Just call it the Loaded Edition. There is nothing "limited" at 1200+ units.

#2573 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Absolute textbook example of "frog and the boiler plate".
And I cant help but laugh at the juxtaposition of LE and the number of machines going up. Just call it the Loaded Edition. There is nothing "limited" at 1200+ units.

They’ve set a cut-off number. By definition that’s limited. Limited doesn’t always mean “rare”. Sometimes it just means “we will make this many and stop”.

#2574 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They’ve set a cut-off number. By definition that’s limited. Limited doesn’t always mean “rare”. Sometimes it just means “we will make this many and stop”.

Someone gets it!

#2575 5 years ago

Merriam-Webster definition of limited = confined within limits : restricted

Those limits could be 100 or 1500, its still limited by definition.

#2576 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Merriam-Webster definition of limited = confined within limits : restricted
Those limits could be 100 or 1500, its still limited by definition.

Ironic that the Limited version could be the most abundant?

#2577 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are already 3000 or so originals, so...

#2578 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There are already 3000 or so originals, so...

Williams MB is a Limited Edition also.

#2579 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Not even. You’d also get a pretty clean B/W B title for that as well. SLE’s are $15k.

Wait, wait, I got it

NIB AFM
NIB MB
HUO BDK

VS

BM66SLE

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Exactly. The limited edition is what most people show off here on Pinside. The majority is the new minority.

Cant make this stuff up : ).

#2581 5 years ago

Question...

Are the fronts of the backbox, (the side panel edges) "finished"...like they did on the MMr? In other words, has the wood grain edges been filled in to hide the wood grain?

#2582 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s all relative. 5-10 years ago, a mint fully restored MB was $10-12k, and that’s when NIB games were less than $4k. Today new games are $8k+, and now you can get a mint new MB for the the same price or less. It kinda is a deal.

I get that. JJP games and Stern LE's are quickly approaching 5 figures. Then you got the special edition, super limited, or whatever that is well over $10000. There are countless threads of people complaining about price increases and high cost of games. You can always compare things to something more expensive but $8000 is still a lot for a pin imo. I remember seeing a MB at Pinballz in Austin for $20,000. If you found one for $15000 that would see like a good deal in comparison. Still doesn't add up to me. Prices go up because people are willing to spend more.

#2583 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I get that. JJP games and Stern LE's are quickly approaching 5 figures. Then you got the special edition, super limited, or whatever that is well over $10000. There are countless threads of people complaining about price increases and high cost of games. You can always compare things to something more expensive but $8000 is still a lot for a pin imo. I remember seeing a MB at Pinballz in Austin for $20,000. If you found one for $15000 that would see like a good deal in comparison. Still doesn't add up to me. Prices go up because people are willing to spend more.

Pinball machines were and are always expensive.

People play at the arcade, then they dont have to buy them.

People buy used games off route.

The price of games is whatever the operator wants to pay.

The home market is new and only lightly tested. The price will be whatever more affluent people can afford or are willing to pay.

Smart people will play on location and save their money for houses and vehicles.

Later on they will be affluent and not care too much about prices.

#2584 5 years ago

So concerning the boards on these newer machines in general. How has reliability been on them, and how much are they to replace since it doesn't sound like 'repair' is an option for most people(?) Are we going to have to worry about paperweights in 20 years?

#2585 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Smart people will play on location and save their money for houses and vehicles.

Hey! What are you implying here??

#2586 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So concerning the boards on these newer machines in general. How has reliability been on them, and how much are they to replace since it doesn't sound like 'repair' is an option for most people(?) Are we going to have to worry about paperweights in 20 years?

In my opinion they are much easier to repair with fewer parts.

Fewer parts equals higher reliability.

Slightly different tools and technique, but easier.

#2588 5 years ago

Okay... So I am thinking about getting an LE... Its just gorgeous and plays amazing. I played it at the expo for like 50 plays... I put up a few decent scores on it... Here is my question to people though...
Is this game deep enough for a home use game. My fear is that it isn't. Now I played this and I played Deadpool. I liked this a hell of a lot better than deadpool. In fact this was one of my favorite games that I played at the expo, if not my most favorite one. Love Attack from Mars and I plan on getting that at one point too.
Didn't care too much for the hobbit, and while I thought JJ Pirates was an amazing game. That game's theme is just does nothing for me. And the amount of moving parts on it scares the hell out of me, and my 100 year old floors.
So, I know I'll have a great time with this machine. It looks amazing. Plays amazing.
But, how long till I get bored of it and move on. My friend made Monster Bash mode on the weekend and I think if I played more by myself and not 2 player games I could have done so too... I stink generally when taking turns.
So how well do you guys think this will hold up in a household collection?

#2589 5 years ago

Seems like it has plenty of depth if you are focused more on stacking and high score, vs "finishing" the final wizard mode. It's relative I guess to what drives you to come back and enjoy a pinball machine.

On my IMDN and DILE I'm sure i will never beat them. Does it make them better or worse home machines? However, I still enjoy trying to get the best score I can, make the fewest mistakes. Do the best I can in each mode.

I will say this - with IMDN, there are top scores for each mode. This in itself is really nice, and getting a high score on a mode can be satisfying in itself.

I'm in on a MBr LE. I think I will never master it. Never beat the best scores posted in the last 20 years. Maybe I will "make it" to the last wizard. A few times. But not every play. So I think it's just as engaging as the most modern "deep" titles.

#2590 5 years ago
Quoted from not4tilts:

Check the topic index at the top of each page, there's a key post listed that links to the post with the under playfield pics.

#2591 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... So I am thinking about getting an LE... Its just gorgeous and plays amazing. I played it at the expo for like 50 plays... I put up a few decent scores on it... Here is my question to people though...
Is this game deep enough for a home use game. My fear is that it isn't. Now I played this and I played Deadpool. I liked this a hell of a lot better than deadpool. In fact this was one of my favorite games that I played at the expo, if not my most favorite one. Love Attack from Mars and I plan on getting that at one point too.
Didn't care too much for the hobbit, and while I thought JJ Pirates was an amazing game. That game's theme is just does nothing for me. And the amount of moving parts on it scares the hell out of me, and my 100 year old floors.
So, I know I'll have a great time with this machine. It looks amazing. Plays amazing.
But, how long till I get bored of it and move on. My friend made Monster Bash mode on the weekend and I think if I played more by myself and not 2 player games I could have done so too... I stink generally when taking turns.

MBr is the weakest of the three CGC so far for home use IMO. It's just really, really easy. As long as you know that, it's hard to deny it's an attractive package.

#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

MBr is the weakest of the three CGC so far for home use IMO. It's just really, really easy. As long as you know that, it's hard to deny it's an attractive package.

Maybe that is a good pin then for a young/inexperienced family? I am trying to get my kids into pinball and ACDC and METLE are not helping. I think this will be a super kid friendly game right? They love my MMRLE, so this one is sure to be a hit with the entire family I am sure.

#2593 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Maybe that is a good pin then for a young/inexperienced family? I am trying to get my kids into pinball and ACDC and METLE are not helping. I think this will be a super kid friendly game right? They love my MMRLE, so this one is sure to be a hit with the entire family I am sure.

Maybe. Depends on what the kids are into. If you're trying to get something the kids like a pinball show really is the best bet rather than making $8000 guesses and having to do it again when they don't like it. Let them play a bunch of pins and see what they gravitate to.

#2594 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Is this game deep enough for a home use game. My fear is that it isn't.

What’s more important, “depth” or fun? MB has remained in my house for 7 years and now I’m buying a new one...cuz fun never becomes not fun. I’ve been to the end of MB, but it’s fun, I wanna do it again. I’ve never been to the end if my deep games. Sure it gives me something to hope for, but the reason I keep them is cuz they’re fun, not because they’re impossible to finish. Point is, depth doesn’t dictate fun.

#2595 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Point is, depth doesn’t dictate fun.

Exactly. The Hobbit is exhibit "A" for that.

#2596 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What’s more important, “depth” or fun? MB has remained in my house for 7 years and now I’m buying a new one...cuz fun never becomes not fun. I’ve been to the end of MB, but it’s fun, I wanna do it again. I’ve never been to the end if my deep games. Sure it gives me something to hope for, but the reason I keep them is cuz they’re fun, not because they’re impossible to finish. Point is, depth doesn’t dictate fun.

You're quite on point today, Rare.

#2597 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Its a fairly easy pin even set up difficult and you will see most everything it has to offer a few times a week... its also a fun pin with great theme and animations. You need to decide if over 8k is worth it.... i find afm and mm much more difficult and longer lasting in home use. Everyone likes different things in pins so just make sure you play itva bunch before you purchase.

#2598 5 years ago

can you add a shaker to CE and SE? If yes, which one like give me an example from marco or something... ty

#2599 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Agreed. Good news is, this would do the trick till a real Clifty can be fitted.

These protectors were mangled after one day at expo. Someone pointed it out to me. I’m in on an LE, but just wanted to mention that you will want to get a proper Cliffs protector.

#2600 5 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

can you add a shaker to CE and SE? If yes, which one like give me an example from marco or something... ty

I think pps sells a shaker but not sure if the ce and se mbr will work as it hasn't been mentioned.. im sure it will at some point tho

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.