(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 62.
#2501 5 years ago

Anyone know of height of machine with topper? I'd really like the LE but have limited ceiling space downstairs. I have one room that has no drop ceiling and my road show has 11 inches to the beams. The main room has drop ceiling so no go in that room.

#2502 5 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Anyone know of height of machine with topper? I'd really like the LE but have limited ceiling space downstairs. I have one room that has no drop ceiling and my road show has 11 inches to the beams. The main room has drop ceiling so no go in that room.

Drop ceilings are over rated...toss it outside and you'll have the clearance.

#2503 5 years ago

SE's shipping this week!

#2504 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Drop ceilings are over rated...toss it outside and you'll have the clearance.

Toss it outside and then build another building around it! Lol if only I had the space and money.

#2505 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? Y ? Thats still alot of money and its a reboot with a few upgrades. Theres not alot to mb imo and i think there are much better pins for less and definitely better pins in this price range. Yes compared to the price of restored modded originals its a nice deal ....just like when mmr and afmr came out. The remakes are keeping most b/w pins in check with prices which is good.

For the Buyer that “likes” or is in the market a monster Bash this is absolutely one of the best opportunities to purchase a new in box absolutely gorgeous monster Bash.

The remakes in the past have had great feedback and track records . I own a MMR and I also had an AFMR both games are absolutely wonderful. Both where NIB.

No need to buy a 20-year-old machine .

Just grab a brand new Chicago gaming MBRLE and enjoy one of the best deals in pinball.

That’s if you “like” the pin.

What pin do you feel is better than MBR LE @$7999? @bigd1979

#2506 5 years ago

Monster Bash has already been a long sought after pinball machine ... most could not afford even a used one and keep in mind that used dated back to 1998. Yes, there are many machine out there but for the value and fun factor I can’t find a better deal out there! I’m currently IN on an LE but always keep my options open should someone be able to convince me otherwise...

#2507 5 years ago

Even though the the upgraded display is superior to the standard display I prefer the latter for some reason. Likely because it’s classic.

Ah, classic edition, I see what they did there. I dig the stainless hardware the most as well.

CGC keeps dropping prices on their games too. MMR was apx $8K, AFMR was apx $7K and MBR is apx $6K

I hope Pinbot or High Speed is next & apx $5K

#2508 5 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

After dragging out my tape measure I can see why you would want this info.. Its gonna be a close one. Worse case maybe put the topper to the side or keep it boxed up ?

#2509 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

CGC keeps dropping prices on their games too. MMR was apx $8K, AFMR was apx $7K and MBR is apx $6K

And it looks like they did a price drop on AFM to 6k. I know I already said it in this thread, but lets see some $6k MMRs!

#2510 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

And it looks like they did a price drop on AFM to 6k. I know I already said it in this thread, but lets see some $6k MMRs!

If a $6k MMR NIB would happen. I'm selling some games to get one. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one.

#2511 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? Y ? Thats still alot of money and its a reboot with a few upgrades. Theres not alot to mb imo and i think there are much better pins for less and definitely better pins in this price range. Yes compared to the price of restored modded originals its a nice deal ....just like when mmr and afmr came out. The remakes are keeping most b/w pins in check with prices which is good.

No, it’s a big deal. You write this off as a reboot, but think what a buyer is getting for their nib purchase. They'll see great artwork on pf, cabinet, translite, plastics and it is all cohesive and the colors are rich. They get a tried and true layout from B/W era and a game that is 100% coded and bug free. Music and callouts are good and game has Good Humor. Everything you would ask for in a new pin. Then get a Large DMD, Colorized dots AND New hi-def Dots. The game has all kinds of upgrades including painted figures.

This MBrLE stands out as an LE of the highest order. This may be the nicest LE released to date by anyone. It is badass and it is $8k, or buy the classic for $6k. A lot of MBr’s will be sold.

#2512 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Even though the the upgraded display is superior to the standard display I prefer the latter for some reason. Likely because it’s classic.
Ah, classic edition, I see what they did there. I dig the stainless hardware the most as well.
I hope Pinbot or High Speed is next & apx $5K

I would love it if sometime down the road they were able to pump out some 80s titles but they would have to sell them at $4,000 tops and I dont know if there would be enough money in producing them. Sure they have less coding and mechs to deal with but it would still be a pricey build. If they did I'd imagine they would go with just the one model option (likely CE for 80s, non dmd games)
I would buy several 80s era titles if the were made new by CGC and were half the price of the 90s LE models.

#2513 5 years ago

I was really thinking I was going to pick up a Deadpool, but this is really freaking cool. MB is one of my grail games and I never actually thought I would be able to get one the way pricing was on originals.

$6k is really compelling, especially with being able to add the upgraded color later. Good job CGC for putting a real competitor to Stern's pro out.

#2514 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I was really thinking I was going to pick up a Deadpool, but this is really freaking cool.

Gomez vs. Gomez!!!

#2515 5 years ago

Any reviews video or pics of the classic edition?

#2516 5 years ago

Help me out here.
Where can I see AFM for 6000?
Did the SE drop in price also?

#2517 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Help me out here.
Where can I see AFM for 6000?
Did the SE drop in price also?

SE = Special Edition
CE = Classic Edition

Pretty sure CE was $6k or around there at launch.

#2518 5 years ago

Where have you seen a price drop for AFMr to 6k? PPS has the Classic AFMr listed for $6499 plus shipping on their website, which is the same price as it was released. As the licensor I can’t imagine PPS would allow any distributor to sell it for less than they are.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-AFMRCE

#2519 5 years ago

PinballSTAR has AFMr Classic for $6k. Seen in latest email.

IMG_2959 (resized).PNGIMG_2959 (resized).PNG
#2520 5 years ago

The AFM price drop is only on the CE. As pointed out above, PinballSRAR has new price up. CGC mentioned at show that MM will remain $8k

#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

PinballSTAR has AFMr Classic for $6k.

Plus $300 for shipping and $400 for color.

#2522 5 years ago

The new CE price is much better, the old one was just dumb once you added the color upgrade, it was too close to the next level up.

#2523 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

PinballSTAR has AFMr Classic for $6k. Seen in latest email.

Wow, that’s very surprising. I wonder if Rick knows they are selling them for $499 less than he is. Interesting, to say the least.

Game Exchange of Colorado has them for $6799 which includes shipping, so same price as PPS. Isn’t there a minimum pricing policy that distributors are required to follow?

I think the lower price is great and much more reasonable, but it’s strange to see them being sold for different prices from different distributors.

https://gameexchange.biz/collections/pinball-machines/products/attack-from-mars-classic-edition

#2524 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The new CE price is much better, the old one was just dumb once you added the color upgrade, it was too close to the next level

Agreed.

#2525 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Wow, that’s very surprising. I wonder if Rick knows they are selling them for $499 less than he is. Interesting, to say the least.

They just haven't updated the site yet. The $6k price will be for all dealers

#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

They just haven't updated the site yet. The $6k price will be for all dealers

Gotcha. That makes sense. Things move slow in Pinball haha.

#2527 5 years ago

So what it determined that the feature matrix was correct? Earlier posts seemed to indicate some discrepancies between the SE and LE based on word-of-mouth and other posts.

#2528 5 years ago

Did anyone ask what the 6+ month delay was due to????

#2529 5 years ago

Anyone get pics of the classic edition? Seems like everyone is focusing on the SE and LE. I want to see if it's really worth the difference.

#2530 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Anyone get pics of the classic edition? Seems like everyone is focusing on the SE and LE. I want to see if it's really worth the difference.

Me too. I think I would go Classic. I don’t need RGB Lighting and the dots are upgradable to color. As long as I get the MB play experience.

#2531 5 years ago

Dang

$12K gets ya a NIB AFM & NIB MB?

Or a BM66SLE

lol

#2532 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dang
Or a BM66SLE

So true. That’s crazy ridiculous and really puts things in perspective.

#2533 5 years ago

I wonder how big of a difference in sound quality there is between the classic and the SE/LE? Has anyone done a direct comparison of the two sound systems on AFMr?

#2534 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I wonder how big of a difference in sound quality there is between the classic and the SE/LE? Has anyone done a direct comparison of the two sound systems on AFMr?

That's a great question. I also wonder how difficult it would be to add an amp to the CE.

#2535 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I owned the classic and now the LE AFMr - I can't really tell the diff. I do hook them up to subs though. Point is, I wouldn't have the sound upgrade sway you as long as you're hooking up to base.

#2536 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I owned the classic and now the LE AFMr - I can't really tell the diff. I do hook them up to subs though. Point is, I wouldn't have the sound upgrade sway you as long as you're hooking up to base.

Awesome, thanks! That is very helpful.

#2537 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have one of the original MMr’s. The first MMr’s actually shipped with flipper coil plungers that were too long, so they did legitimately play different. Don’t just call someone a “hater”, as those first MMr’s may be their point of reference and it’s a legit complaint. The good thing is, when replaced with the original coil plungers, they play exactly as they should and I’m still enjoying mine 3 1/2 years later.

From my perspective, remakes play different than originals. High-end restorations (based on originals) play different than originals (mostly because of the heavily clear-coated PF's). Pins in the wild play different than HUO games that are babied and dialed in. Premiums play different than Pro's, etc.

This is one of the things that fascinates me about the top-tier pinball players...they are able to adapt quickly to games that play wildly differently. I remember the first pinball competition I played in...thought I was going to do well because TSPP was one of the tournament games (and I owned it and knew it pretty well). Unfortunately, the TSPP in the competition played NOTHING like my game. Got my head handed to me...

snaroff

#2538 5 years ago

Hey does anybody know if they are protecting the Creature Swamp plastic at all? Original MBs constantly have those plastics scratched up like crazy

#2539 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unfortunately, the TSPP in the competition played NOTHING like my game. Got my head handed to me...
snaroff

This is so true. I’m not a great player overall, but man, whenever I play another machine of a game I own, I really suck bad. It’s just that little bit of difference in play than I am so used to on my own game, that really throws me off.

Whenever I hear people talking about how the remakes play differently than the originals, I always wonder why that would be unexpected.

#2540 5 years ago

Order a LE never played the game. Yes I have serious issues. But man I’m excited!!!

#2541 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey does anybody know if they are protecting the Creature Swamp plastic at all? Original MBs constantly have those plastics scratched up like crazy

If you keep a game clean there’s really nothing to worry about. I replaced my MB creech window like 7 years ago and it still looks good. At the end of the day it’s plastic and easily replaced if it scuffs in the future.

#2542 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Order a LE never played the game. Yes I have serious issues. But man I’m excited!!!

If it's scratching you need to change the balls. I had a replacement but when I took out the old one, after many years, I was able to clean it so it was almost like new.

#2543 5 years ago

Concerning the sound I couldn't tell the games sounds is turned down and the.lines were at least 2 deep.

I'm wrestling with the difference between classic and Se. I'm leaning towards the classic I'm kind of frugal
I have other pins same set up as classic and it's acceptable. I did go with afmr SE but it was like $700 more than classic and had bells and whistles I thought were important. Here the MB difference is almost double.

#2544 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did anyone ask what the 6+ month delay was due to????

Not sure anybody cares.

If you want one you can buy one now.

#2545 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

$ 7999 for the LE is one of the best deals in pinball!

its a shame they have convinced people this is true nowadays!

#2546 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

its a shame they have convinced people this is true nowadays!

Who's they? Surely not CGC. You must mean:

The market? The buyers? EBay? Pinside? Craigslist? The distributors? The other companies that charge 10-12k?

#2547 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

So what it determined that the feature matrix was correct? Earlier posts seemed to indicate some discrepancies between the SE and LE based on word-of-mouth and other posts.

The mistake about the LED Dracula Coffin only being for the LE has now been corrected on their website:
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash

#2548 5 years ago

My preorder for a LE is in.

But after listening to the Deeproot seminar I think I should cancel my order and wait until March ?

LOL LOL

#2549 5 years ago

following this thread...

#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dang
Or a BM66SLE
lol

Not even. You’d also get a pretty clean B/W B title for that as well. SLE’s are $15k.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Mt. Juliet, TN
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.