(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 62.
#2451 5 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Looks amazing. Is it still possible to secure a specific number to match my MMr and AFMr?

I heard this was possible, talk to your distributor..

#2452 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

$400, got it. I guess that's when you start eyeing the next version up as long as you're spending that much.

Exactly. And then from the mid version you start doing the math on all the LE extras and next thing you know you bought an LE.

I'd going to try not to talk myself into the higher versions on this one. We'll see how that goes.

#2453 5 years ago

MUST resist..... Looks AMAZING though.

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Exactly. And then from the mid version you start doing the math on all the LE extras and next thing you know you bought an LE.
I'd going to try not to talk myself into the higher versions on this one. We'll see how that goes.

Yep. I feel like the larger screen, more detailed figures, more powerful sound package, and the color changing leds are so appealing tho that they justify the price... I’d like to see more videos of the standard

#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I hear ya....although its pretty easy to talk yourself into the LE if you like the shaker, blue trim, topper, plasma disc, mirrored blades, stainless plaque on the lockdown bar, and mirrored blades....clearly the value of adding these is more than the $700 ... if these are things you would never add than its an easy decision

#2456 5 years ago

I'm going to get the standard with Color upgrade option. I'll likely develop a lighting mod package once I get the game to try to match the higher models. I played all three versions at expo, play the same. Coffin mod is pretty cool on the higher models. More to come.

#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

A few spy photos from expo.. As someone who spent a lot of time money and love restoring a monster bash.. I wanted to not like it.. but it’s an out of the park home run.. and I’m in on an Le.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics. Good to see it has the bracket that keeps the Drac Track from drooping. Did you happen to notice if the Drac mech is still attached with bolts that go thru the playfield topside or has that been changed?

#2458 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear ya....although its pretty easy to talk yourself into the LE if you like the shaker, blue trim, topper, plasma disc, mirrored blades, stainless plaque on the lockdown bar, and mirrored blades....clearly the value of adding these is more than the $700 ... if these are things you would never add than its an easy decision

Kind of a bummer they went with mirror blades rather than art blades, or at least the option of art blades.

#2459 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Can't help but notice all three remakes have been coded by Lyman.
That means #4 is No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nobody can sell the original, much less a remake!

#2460 5 years ago

I was able to match my afmr le. Your distributor can request it from CGC when they place your order but the cut off to do so is in early November.

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I was able to match my afmr le. Your distributor can request it from CGC when they place your order but the cut off to do so is in early November.

If you’re seriously concerned about it this would probably be an easy thing to forge (the engraving not the Playfield)?

Or are they putting it on the stainless plaque instead of a dippy little plaque on cabinet? That would be pretty tough reproduce and have it look legit.

#2462 5 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Looks amazing. Is it still possible to secure a specific number to match my MMr and AFMr?

Yes. They are matching mine. Just make sure to request it when you order.

#2463 5 years ago

For those who played it

How is the shaker integrated? When does it shake ?

Thanks

#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kind of a bummer they went with mirror blades rather than art blades, or at least the option of art blades.

I like the mirrored game blades, but I agree it would have been nice to have a choice. Probably because the art blades take more man power to install?

#2465 5 years ago

Is there a standard Cliffy you can get for the Drac track?

#2466 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

For those who played it
Thanks

Perfect integration in my opinion.

#2467 5 years ago

If you had no nostalgic attachment to MBr LE, and compared it to other NIB games, would MBr still come out on top for you?

I have an LE on order. But I’m on the fence. I only have a handful of games on older MBr’s.

I’m thinking it would be great to own this remade classic. Hmmm.

#2468 5 years ago

First MBr LE on location now at Press Start in Reno.

#2469 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

If you had no nostalgic attachment to MBr LE, and compared it to other NIB games, would MBr still come out on top for you?
I have an LE on order. But I’m on the fence. I only have a handful of games on older MBr’s.

It is a great game that I have owned in the past and greatly regretted having sold. Glad to be able to add it back to my collection but if I was going to have only one pin it would not be my first choice. Any of JJP's games are superior in play interest, technology and general attractiveness. I love my Hobbit, Woz, and I feel certain that the POTC that I have on order won't disappoint. That all being said, CGC games belong in any collection.

#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I like the mirrored game blades, but I agree it would have been nice to have a choice. Probably because the art blades take more man power to install?

You have to pay an artist to make the art, too.

#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

So many great choices available and coming out soon..... its a fun pin for a little while but for the money there are much better pins for home environment with much longer lasting power imo. It actually didnt last long at my house as the game and callouts gets super repetitive very fast.

#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No but im guessing they will use mylar on both sides of the track which will be totally fine..... much like dialed in did. I wld be more worried about the scoop as it takes a beating ...did they add a mantis style protector like on afmr?

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

. I wld be more worried about the scoop as it takes a beating ...did they add a mantis style protector like on afmr?

They added more of a Clifty type one.

#2474 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I played one game on MM before I bought my MMrLE....never regretted it. The machine is built like a tank, (even though Stern put it together).

The same thing applies to MB....played 1 game on an original. I'm in on the LE....I'm sure I won't regret it.

CGC and Planetary have a good thing goin'.....

Side note....I passed on the AFMr on;y because of the similar playfield layout to MMr.....but I'll get one, one of these days.

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

They added more of a Clifty type one.

Any other protectors on the game? I know AFMRLE only had one on the scoop (which does nothing to protect the edges) so I had to add all the other Cliffy protectors....

#2476 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Any other protectors on the game?

Not sure. Here's the scoop one.

mb-popper-blue (resized).pngmb-popper-blue (resized).png
#2477 5 years ago

Not sure. Here's the scoop one. [quoted image]

ITs good they installed one there as it gets pretty beat up...I hope its thin like Cliffs? JJP on DI tried to make their own protectors and they sucked

#2478 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP on DI tried to make their own protectors and they sucked

Agreed. Good news is, this would do the trick till a real Clifty can be fitted.

#2479 5 years ago

Agreed. Good news is, this would do the trick till a real Clifty can be fitted.

Agreed...who knows maybe Cliff made those? I'll drop by his house and ask him

#2480 5 years ago

How is the shaker motor wired? Is it connected to the pop bumpers or subwoofer? My understanding is they are using the origional rom images.

#2481 5 years ago

Is there any video on Youtube of someone installing that "color chip" to make your MMR or AFMR colored dots?

Wonder what that thing is. Is it a security dongle (and the data allready in the game) or does it contain the Color DMD info? Is ist an SD Card? An Eprom? Parallel Bus Dongle...

#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is there any video on Youtube of someone installing that "color chip" to make your MMR or AFMR colored dots?
Wonder what that thing is. Is it a security dongle (and the data allready in the game) or does it contain the Color DMD info? Is ist an SD Card? An Eprom? Parallel Bus Dongle...

It's a eprom. Has those metal legs that break in two seconds.....needs to be installed VERY carefully.

#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wonder what that thing is. Is it a security dongle

It's a security PIC. The code is already in games

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Here is a video showing the MMr color upgrade chip and installation. It’s very easy. Even I was able to do it haha.

#2485 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not necessary it's a 2 min install.

#2486 5 years ago

Thx @all !

So an Security PIC...

So who copies these?

(No, no intention copying. I'll wait till TotAN and then I'll get the LE anyways. )

#2487 5 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

How is the shaker motor wired? Is it connected to the pop bumpers or subwoofer? My understanding is they are using the origional rom images.

No, it’s not wired like a fake shaker mod. The game is using original rom but it also has their code “built on top of it” for things like the new color dots and shaker code. It’s specifically coded to in game action. For instance - in MMr, it shakes when you destroy the castle & when the trolls pop up....I think some other instances too.

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You really shouldn’t need one - what made the track wear on old games was when the weight of the Drac mech made the playfield sag...then the ball would chip away at the track. Williams sent out a bracket to stop the sag. This game has the bracket installed from the factory...so, the ball should roll over it just fine without wear.

#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, it’s not wired like a fake shaker mod. The game is using original rom but it also has their code “built on top of it” for things like the new color dots and shaker code. It’s specifically coded to in game action. For instance - in MMr, it shakes when you destroy the castle & when the trolls pop up....I think some other instances too.

Ah, i bet they are using the display frame ids to trigger the shaker. Cool. I hope colordmd comes out with a shaker addon.

#2490 5 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Ah, i bet they are using the display frame ids to trigger the shaker. Cool. I hope colordmd comes out with a shaker addon.

That’s a reach.

#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

On the renopinball stream last nite showing a MBr in action for 2 hours, they said it was a 'digital shaker' when someone asked about what kind of shaker motor was being used. Not sure what that means, but sounds like rarehero has it right.

#2492 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

For those who played it
Thanks

The machine not only shakes, but it is similar to force-feedback when you hit the monsters with the ball. It is amazing and at different intensities.

#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

The machine not only shakes, but it is similar to force-feedback when you hit the monsters with the ball. It is amazing and at different intensities.

Force feedback controllers are just multiple mini shaker motors. The technology is essentially the same.

#2494 5 years ago

Hello everyone! If you happened to miss the RenoPinball Twitch stream of Monster Bash Remake LE you can now watch it on YouTube. We finally uploaded the video in HD quality so you can witness how awesome this game looks and how it plays. Please join us on our YouTube channel RenoPinball where we will stream all your favorite pinball games. Thanks for watching.

#2495 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Force feedback controllers are just multiple mini shaker motors. The technology is essentially the same.

Thanks for that info. That's what it feels like. A giant game controller that rumbles when the ball makes impact. Different than what it feels like on a typical rumbler on a pinball machine. It works really well.

#2496 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Thanks for that info. That's what it feels like. A giant game controller that rumbles when the ball makes impact. Different than what it feels like on a typical rumbler on a pinball machine. It works really well.

They're likely just pulsing the shaker motor length and intensity at a finer resolution than the usual on/off of other pins. I'll check it out when I get my hands on one.

#2497 5 years ago

Man...I always liked this game but never thought about owning it. This makes me want one...too many to choose from.

#2498 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me if they have Stick the cabinet Decals around the corners ?

Had bad experience with that on my afmr , so I hope they have changed this

#2499 5 years ago

$ 7999 for the LE is one of the best deals in pinball!

#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

$ 7999 for the LE is one of the best deals in pinball!

Really? Y ? Thats still alot of money and its a reboot with a few upgrades. Theres not alot to mb imo and i think there are much better pins for less and definitely better pins in this price range. Yes compared to the price of restored modded originals its a nice deal ....just like when mmr and afmr came out. The remakes are keeping most b/w pins in check with prices which is good.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.