(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 62.
#2401 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You're new. Give it time. Now it comes across as nucking futs.
2 years from now, you'll see it's the norm.

LOL. So true.

#2402 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Agree, 1250 LE is not limited at all. More like the maximum number they think they can sell.
t.

I think all the pinball manufacturers set their LE numbers at the max they think they can sell.. I do not think 1250LEs is limited either, same as I thought 1000 TAF golds were a stupid idea at the time, we nearly bought one.. makes me laugh how silly we all are in this hobby.

#2403 5 years ago

Anyone test Lymans Lament on CGC MBr ?

is it a goer ?

With a game started, press the following sequence: 11L, 1R, 5L, 1R, 6L, 1R (spells KEF). If entered successfully Lyman Sheats will say “Totally” and your
next award at the “venue” scoop will be “Lyman´s Lament”.

Apologies for the crap resolution..... phone video tech in 2010 was not as cool as it is now

#2404 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Anyone test Lymans Lament on CGC MBr ?
is it a goer ?
With a game started, press the following sequence: 11L, 1R, 5L, 1R, 6L, 1R (spells KEF). If entered successfully Lyman Sheats will say “Totally” and your
next award at the “venue” scoop will be “Lyman´s Lament”.
Apologies for the crap resolution..... phone video tech in 2010 was not as cool as it is now

Yes, Lyman’s Lament works perfectly on MBr. also, Phantom Flip is better than ever. they got it to work better on MBr vs MB original somehow...

All the proof is below \/ the stream starts at the 15 minute mark. the stream had some (feedback) sound issues in the beginning. that was resolved quickly.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/324910410

#2405 5 years ago

Does anyone actually buy LE’s because of the fact that they’re limited to X amount? I own 3 LE’s myself, 2 Stern and 1 CGC. I bought them for the features tbh. The Sterns I would of gone premium if it was an option.

#2406 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Does anyone actually buy LE’s because of the fact that they’re limited to X amount? I own 3 LE’s myself, 2 Stern and 1 CGC. I bought them for the features tbh. The Sterns I would of gone premium if it was an option.

I think some people definitely buy them because they are limited. Some people also buy them for the simple fact they they want the best model that they can buy.

#2407 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Guess I’ll throw my old MB in the trash.

Mind if I dumpster-dive at your place?

#2408 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Agree, 1250 LE is not limited at all. More like the maximum number they think they can sell.
Going against the pro price is a smart move and will probably hurt JJP the most.

It’s half the amount of jjp’s “le” tho...

#2409 5 years ago

So if you get the base game, can you buy the upgraded animations? If so, that’s a hell of a price.

#2410 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So if you get the base game, can you buy the upgraded animations? If so, that’s a hell of a price.

Yes and yes

#2411 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If like AFM - chip upgrade

edit: corrected - $399

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

If like AFM - $300 chip if I remember correctly

$399

#2413 5 years ago

Thanks - $399

#2414 5 years ago

This looks absolutely wonderful. How awesome is it that you can now just go order a brand new MB if you want one?! I won't be selling my restored original, but man if they somehow adapted the screen upgrade to fit originals, I'd be all over that. The new animations are amazing and i'm super-jealous I'll be missing out on that.

#2415 5 years ago

So for $6400, you get the game NIB with upgraded graphics on a "regular sized" DMD? Am I tracking correctly?

Quoted from PinCrush:

This looks absolutely wonderful. How awesome is it that you can now just go order a brand new MB if you want one?! I won't be selling my restored original, but man if they somehow adapted the screen upgrade to fit originals, I'd be all over that. The new animations are amazing and i'm super-jealous I'll be missing out on that.

I almost felt that way with AFMr, but I rationalize that people who were patient enough to wait for the remake (when it was just a rumor) - the bump in graphics is their reward.

#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

How easy/hard is the original/remake MB compared to MM, in overall playing? I've played MMr but not MB. I read that it's a long ball time pin. Thx

MM is a significantly harder game than MB. I've never owned either. I play on location. I played them a lot 20 years ago. I play them still.

MB is a game that makes me feel like a pro-jock-pinballer when I play it. It doesn't take me long to have what appears to be a "good game".

If I decide to play MM(r), it might suck all the quarters out of my pocket and send me home feeling very humble about my pinball skills.

I enjoy them both.

#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So for $6400, you get the game NIB with upgraded graphics on a "regular sized" DMD? Am I tracking correctly?

Yup. That's correct and a heck of a value. There was a lot of talk early on that this would be more then AFM due to BOM and Universal licensing, nice to see that's not the case.

#2418 5 years ago

How do the upgraded graphics work on the regular sized dmd? Are they cutoff or somehow shrunk down? Is the aspect ratio of the regular dmd the same as the larger dmd?

#2419 5 years ago

We have a few LE's left.

Great American pinball

#2420 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

How do the upgraded graphics work on the regular sized dmd? Are they cutoff or somehow shrunk down? Is the aspect ratio of the regular dmd the same as the larger dmd?

Look at an MMr. It’s the same exact aspect ratio so it’s exactly the same, just bigger. Just like if you’d watch a movie on at 20 inch TV or a 60 inch...same image but bigger.

#2421 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I’ve got an AFMr classic. Animations look great, size is like any other game with Colordmd, but quality is better . If you want to save a little money and like the “look” of an original, go with the classic model. $5999

#2422 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I bought a Met LE cuz I thought the trim & art package was cool. I would have happily bought a Prem had I not got an LE. I bought Tron LE cuz I wanted the exclusive features, not for the number on the plaque. I bought Smaug cuz dragons look cool & I loved the trim color. I’m getting MBr LE cuz I like the trim, topper, want the shaker, and the plasma thingie is neat. Not due to any need to feel special through marketing hype or fake manufactured rarity.

Limited doesn’t always mean “buy this cuz rare!” In this case, I think it’s more like “we’re gonna make 1250 of this more blinged out version, after that there will still be plenty of the 2 models to enjoy. Cheers!”. CGC is making enough to satiate demand at a price that’s not unreasonable. I respect that.

#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

MM is a significantly harder game than MB. I've never owned either. I play on location. I played them a lot 20 years ago. I play them still.
MB is a game that makes me feel like a pro-jock-pinballer when I play it. It doesn't take me long to have what appears to be a "good game".
If I decide to play MM(r), it might suck all the quarters out of my pocket and send me home feeling very humble about my pinball skills.
I enjoy them both.

Mb plays faster, the toys are closer to the flippers. I feel like the ramps are a little smoother, and feed faster.

#2424 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yup. That's correct and a heck of a value. There was a lot of talk early on that this would be more then AFM due to BOM and Universal licensing, nice to see that's not the case.

I actually give CGC a lot of credit on how they priced the game. I am sure that they figured out they sell way more LE's than the SE, and CE models so they upped the number (very smart). When you do the math you actually get value for their LE game. Their not really LE's as their really just pimped out games, but with the shaker, blue trim, topper, blades, plasma disc, and warranty you can easily convince yourself to buy the LE, which I am sure is their plan.

#2425 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Mb plays faster, the toys are closer to the flippers. I feel like the ramps are a little smoother, and feed faster.

Also, believe it has shorter ball times

#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

CGC is making enough to satiate demand at a price that’s not unreasonable. I respect that.

So do I. I never thought I’d even consider a MB at their prices, but 6k for a new original improved classic is smart business and hard to resist.

#2427 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look at an MMr. It’s the same exact aspect ratio so it’s exactly the same, just bigger. Just like if you’d watch a movie on at 20 inch TV or a 60 inch...same image but bigger.

Thanks! I didn't realize the aspect ratio is the same. That is great.

So now it's basically 6400 for classic with the nice color dmd. Although it is standard size.

#2428 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Thanks! I didn't realize the aspect ratio is the same. That is great.
So now it's basically 6400 for classic with the nice color dmd. Although it is standard size.

It’s much better than color dmd for the same cost.

#2429 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’ve got an AFMr classic. Animations look great, size is like any other game with Colordmd, but quality is better . If you want to save a little money and like the “look” of an original, go with the classic model. $5999

Yeah, looking at the images of the high res animations for MBr... they are beautiful! They are also great on AFMr. Trying to decide what my next machine will be, and it’s a tough choice. Luckily I still have a few months before I am ready to buy.

#2430 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They should make an MMrV (vault) Edition with similar upgrades as they did with MBr. I would actually buy one.

#2431 5 years ago

So I don't understand the story with the classic version DMD, it says it's upgradeable, can someone break that down for me? I'm assuming that means it ships with monochrome, old school dots, and you can just pick the color right?

But if you pay them some amount extra (how much??) you get the new dots, with higher rez, just on the old school DMD size. So it's just a software update you pay for, not anything else.

Do I have that right? I can't seem to find pricing or details on the Chicago Gaming website.

#2432 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So I don't understand the story with the classic version DMD, it says it's upgradeable, can someone break that down for me? I'm assuming that means it ships with monochrome, old school dots, and you can just pick the color right?
But if you pay them some amount extra (how much??) you get the new dots, with higher rez, just on the old school DMD size. So it's just a software update you pay for, not anything else.
Do I have that right? I can't seem to find pricing or details on the Chicago Gaming website.

Yes. Exactly how AFMr was. The classic model comes with single color dots, you had to buy the $400 color chip to activate the color dots. Bought my AFMr used with color chip already installed

#2433 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah it’s the same as MMr. Remember when I got mine, it was monochrome...and then the “unlock chip” gave it full color.

#2434 5 years ago

Well heck. I wasn't going to pick this game up, but the remake has me so impressed (much like how AFMR did) that I'm going to have to get an LE. Good job CGC. Looks like you convinced me again.

#2435 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Yes. Exactly how AFMr was. The classic model comes with single color dots, you had to buy the $400 color chip to activate the color dots. Bought my AFMr used with color chip already installed

$400, got it. I guess that's when you start eyeing the next version up as long as you're spending that much.

#2436 5 years ago

I wonder if the MMr could be upgraded with the bigger LCD screen? It would be awesome if it could, and nice to make all the games match in a row.

#2437 5 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

I wonder if the MMr could be upgraded with the bigger LCD screen? It would be awesome if it could, and nice to make all the games match in a row.

There was MMr on location a few months ago that had the large display with lighted speakers, it was supposedly being tested. Haven’t heard anything else since then.

#2438 5 years ago

Yes. It's in the works.

9dee59ed3b5d83b1f6aadc25c5e0b4eda40767e9 (resized).jpg9dee59ed3b5d83b1f6aadc25c5e0b4eda40767e9 (resized).jpg
#2439 5 years ago

Yes. It's in the works. [quoted image]

That is fantastic news!

#2440 5 years ago

Yes. It's in the works. [quoted image]

great upgrade for the MMR

#2441 5 years ago

That is fantastic news!

Quoted from PtownPin:

great upgrade for the MMR

It's definitely cool. I bet it's not going to be cheap. A nice side bonus is better speakers. The stock MMr speakers are awful.

#2442 5 years ago

It's definitely cool. I bet it's not going to be cheap. A nice side bonus is better speakers. The stock MMr speakers are awful.

yea theres zero chance I would upgrade to the bigger dmd, but it might help future sales of MMR if they don't increase the price much

#2443 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

How many AFMr LE's were made?
1250 LE's for Monster Bash doesn't seem too limited IMO.

#2444 5 years ago

The larger hi-res screen was an instant sale for me.

#2445 5 years ago

Who’s the best to order from?

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Who’s the best to order from?

Game Exhange, Hemispheres Amusements, Tilt amusements are all good choices.

#2447 5 years ago

I hope they give a option for a whole upgraded sound package with a amp like they have in AFMR and MBR.

#2448 5 years ago

A few spy photos from expo.. As someone who spent a lot of time money and love restoring a monster bash.. I wanted to not like it.. but it’s an out of the park home run.. and I’m in on an Le.

3CFFDB34-8ED0-4BE7-AD65-18AF1D05E4C0 (resized).jpeg3CFFDB34-8ED0-4BE7-AD65-18AF1D05E4C0 (resized).jpeg646FBAB0-DBF3-4BB8-8D62-6BB213FAF67C (resized).jpeg646FBAB0-DBF3-4BB8-8D62-6BB213FAF67C (resized).jpegB2375054-0291-45B5-B1CA-2DE4BF88F42C (resized).jpegB2375054-0291-45B5-B1CA-2DE4BF88F42C (resized).jpeg
#2449 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

A few spy photos from expo.. As someone who spent a lot of time money and love restoring a monster bash.. I wanted to not like it.. but it’s an out of the park home run.. and I’m in on an Le.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have to stop checking this thread!

#2450 5 years ago

Looks amazing. Is it still possible to secure a specific number to match my MMr and AFMr?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.