(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 62.
#2351 5 years ago

$6K is noiyce

They're digging into Pro buyers for sure

Exciting times for pinball.

Stern, JJP, CGC, AP & some boutiques.

Dang!

#2352 5 years ago

So who is the BEST distributor to purchase an LE from?

#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Who still has the LE available?

All of them. ZERO chance they sell out 1250 LE's

PATIENCE. Come on, we all know they will be available for F's sake.

#2354 5 years ago

How easy/hard is the original/remake MB compared to MM, in overall playing? I've played MMr but not MB. I read that it's a long ball time pin. Thx

#2355 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agreed. Even though I bought an LE right away, there is every reason to think they will be available for some time. The games simply don't sell out that quickly, despite all the pinside hype and speculation.

#2356 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Do i need this, Munsters, or both?

If you can afford both games then you definitely need both. I guarantee that Munsters is going to kick ass and MB is an all time classic that is just beautiful to look at and fun as hell to play.

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

All of them. ZERO chance they sell out 1250 LE's

zero chance they sell out....AFMRLE took over a year....these will be available for a while....patience

#2358 5 years ago

In the past, dealers have charged extra for using a credit card. Is that still true?

#2359 5 years ago

I always write a check, would rather put 4% in their pocket than the dumb credit card company.

#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Agreed. Even though I bought an LE right away, there is every reason to think they will be available for some time. The games simply don't sell out that quickly, despite all the pinside hype and speculation.

If you want one, you want one Joe! It's F ing tempting.

I'm waiting to see what Munsters looks like.

This pinball BS is MUCH worse than crack cocaine, and I've never done drugs

#2361 5 years ago

Renopinball is live now. We will be playing a LE and talking about it. Features, prices, etc. We will be showing the new promo in just a few minutes at 7pm PST. Tune in now on twitch.

#2362 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Renopinball is live now. We will be playing a LE and talking about it. Features, prices, etc. We will be showing the new promo in just a few minutes at 7pm PST. Tune in now on twitch.

Staying up past my bedtime to watch.

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I always write a check, would rather put 4% in their pocket than the dumb credit card company.

True, but I also like frequent flyer miles.

#2364 5 years ago

Props to Kurt @ Hemispheres!! In for an LE!! Can’t wait!!

#2365 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This pinball BS is MUCH worse than crack cocaine, and I've never done drugs

I couldn’t agree more. I have a few hobbies, but this is definitely the most addicting.

Between the old, new and remakes, there’s just to many choices. The good thing about it, it’s never boring.
The bad thing about it, I’m running out of room.

#2366 5 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

How easy/hard is the original/remake MB compared to MM, in overall playing? I've played MMr but not MB. I read that it's a long ball time pin. Thx

I had afm. Mm and mb at the same time.... afm and mm were on stock settings and never did beat them .... took all eb away from mb and outlane post up all the way and it still was pretty easy. None the less still a fun pin for the short time i had it and worth owning at some point.

#2367 5 years ago

Do any of the previous Remakes have playfield dimpling problems where you can see the balls indenting the playfield?

#2368 5 years ago

How many AFMr LE's were made?

1250 LE's for Monster Bash doesn't seem too limited IMO.

#2369 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

True, but I also like frequent flyer miles.

Me too, but big pinball purchases is the one time I want to put the dough in the distributors pocket......

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Do any of the previous Remakes have playfield dimpling problems where you can see the balls indenting the playfield?

Yes, and MMr has chipping on some of the playfields. But in general CGC seems to be paying for harder wood and not the deep-crater super dimple wood Stern has resorted to using on the majority of their recent machines (with occasional exceptions like Aerosmith). Chipping aside, I'd say their PFs are at the mid-high end of good.

#2371 5 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Uh, Oh....here we go....

#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

LE is a loose term.....think of it like Jeep does.....Unlimited.....ie has all the cool shit.......not so much as in not very many people can have it, but rather it’s unlimited in awesomeness. I’d be fine with the LE being unlimited in numbers cause it’s fucking cool as shit

#2373 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

But for half the price i can find a original one.

Someone here in Ontario Canada (Collingwood) is asking $14K CDN for his HUO MB, that is approximately $10673.53 USD at the moment. CRAZY!!!

You could literally buy any edition MBr, play it until it is out of warranty, sell it and move on if you want. For those who are worried about servicing remakes out of warranty.

#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Props to Kurt @ Hemispheres!! In for an LE!! Can’t wait!!

That’s my plan too!

#2375 5 years ago

Let's face it, $8k for a remake LE of one of the greatest pinball machines of all time seems like a BARGAIN compared to Stern LE's and JJP right about now.

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's face it, $8k for a remake LE of one of the greatest pinball machines of all time seems like a BARGAIN compared to Stern LE's and JJP right about now.

I have an AFMr LE and I gotta be honest it's a great pinball machine....well put together and beautiful to look at.

Does anyone know if Chicago Gaming improved the code for Monster Bash? I know that was a big criticism of the original game was that the code was not up to par and new code was never released for it.

#2377 5 years ago

If I didn’t have a really nice condition MB. I would purchase an LE in a heart beat.

Best NIB value on the market!

CGC has nailed it with quality and value for proven titles, that most couldn’t find or afford.

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I have an AFMr LE and I gotta be honest it's a great pinball machine....well put together and beautiful to look at.
Does anyone know if Chicago Gaming improved the code for Monster Bash? I know that was a big criticism of the original game was that the code was not up to par and new code was never released for it.

Code is the same Lyman greatness. So is AFM for that matter.

He's coded the greatest games in pinball history. Keith is #2. Everybody else is on a different planet.

#2379 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I know that was a big criticism of the original game was that the code was not up to par and new code was never released for it.

This is like a game of telephone, that's simply not true, but people keep repeating things they heard and didn't understand until it builds into this myth.

The code on the game is great, the sounds are great, it's a wonderful package. It's also a 90s arcade title, so it's meant to be 'beatable', it doesn't have super deep and subtle rules that force you to make a lot of decisions in how to approach it. You collect the monsters to win the game, it's not Valinor and out of reach except after years of 45 minutes to an hour long games.

For some people that means it's too shallow to want to own. If you want a game that's a challenge, that kicks your ass, and you have to keep trying and trying to even see a chance at getting close to the end, this won't be it. If you want a game that's just a complete package and fun, and shooting it to enjoy it all sounds good, then it's a really wonderful title.

It's just the design, and you love it for what it is or you don't, but nothing is unfinished, it's not "missing new code" or anything of the sort.

#2380 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is like a game of telephone, that's simply not true, but people keep repeating things they heard and didn't understand until it builds into this myth.
The code on the game is great, the sounds are great, it's a wonderful package. It's also a 90s arcade title, so it's meant to be 'beatable', it doesn't have super deep and subtle rules that force you to make a lot of decisions in how to approach it. You collect the monsters to win the game, it's not Valinor and out of reach except after years of 45 minutes to an hour long games.
For some people that means it's too shallow to want to own. If you want a game that's a challenge, that kicks your ass, and you have to keep trying and trying to even see a chance at getting close to the end, this won't be it. If you want a game that's just a complete package and fun, and shooting it to enjoy it all sounds good, then it's a really wonderful title.
It's just the design, and you love it for what it is or you don't, but nothing is unfinished, it's not "missing new code" or anything of the sort.

Well said Aurich.

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

1000 AFMr LE’s were made. I have one, along with an MMr. I won’t be buying this game since two is enough for me but CGC makes awesome games. If I was getting a third game this would be an easy choice. Buy with confidence. Their machines are very high quality.

#2382 5 years ago

Machines are superb. The GI interaction is fantastic.

#2383 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well said Aurich.

Look, this 'deep code' obsession is just too much. If you want that kind of game, buy that kind of game. I dig it, there's no judgment at all. There are people catering to you, support them. Let's all just remember it's not the only way to have fun with pinball. There's a reason the '90s games have been popular for so long, they're just plain fun. You can play them whenever, without a giant grind, and have a good time.

A lot of these new pins are cute and clever, and kinda soul-less rules machines. You don't get kick ass voice acting like Monster Bash has. The looping theme is one of my all time favorite pinball tracks. It's the full package, it looks great, it sounds great, it's fun to play, it's easy to show new players what to do and they can have a good time trying to put Frankenstein together.

The prices are ridiculous, and yet, a deal lol. Games are too expensive now. And yet $6k is solid in the market. $8k for a game is ridiculous, but for one that nice even without the cool extra stuff you'd pat $10-12k before. So ... it's good. I hate the new prices, hate hate hate it, ruining the hobby, but this is a good deal if you can accept where things are at, if that makes sense.

#2384 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

1000 AFMr LE’s were made. I have one, along with an MMr.

I would personally rather own MM and MB, or better yet, AFM and MB. AFM and MM are both great, but a little too similar in layout and shots.

#2385 5 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

You gotta find a new hobby. Pinball ain’t for you.

#2386 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would personally rather own MM and MB, or better yet, AFM and MB. AFM and MM are both great, but a little too similar in layout and shots.

AFM is my favorite. I debated between MM and MB but the more I play MM the more I like it. Can’t go wrong with any of these 3. Greatest games ever!

#2387 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Look, this 'deep code' obsession is just too much. If you want that kind of game, buy that kind of game. I dig it, there's no judgment at all. There are people catering to you, support them. Let's all just remember it's not the only way to have fun with pinball. There's a reason the '90s games have been popular for so long, they're just plain fun. You can play them whenever, without a giant grind, and have a good time.
A lot of these new pins are cute and clever, and kinda soul-less rules machines. You don't get kick ass voice acting like Monster Bash has. The looping theme is one of my all time favorite pinball tracks. It's the full package, it looks great, it sounds great, it's fun to play, it's easy to show new players what to do and they can have a good time trying to put Frankenstein together.
The prices are ridiculous, and yet, a deal lol. Games are too expensive now. And yet $6k is solid in the market. $8k for a game is ridiculous, but for one that nice even without the cool extra stuff you'd pat $10-12k before. So ... it's good. I hate the new prices, hate hate hate it, ruining the hobby, but this is a good deal if you can accept where things are at, if that makes sense.

I agree with everything u said ,but also the 90s pins were made for a arcade environment and meant to take your money which is why the code is the way it is. They were not meant for home use and playing over and over for free . Ive owned most b/w dmd pins and they are my favorite but they do get old pretty fast even in my 8-10 pin collection. Luckily i only get to reallly play my pins in the winter so that helps but i still change out pins a fair amount. Just glad more people get to enjoy these classics for a lot less than the original's once cost.

#2388 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

AFM is my favorite. I debated between MM and MB but the more I play MM the more I like it. Can’t go wrong with any of these 3. Greatest games ever!

Ive had them all and afm is my favorite and still around after years..... all are fun and some the best pins ever.

#2389 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Cmon guys, a Little credit for breaking the pricing news.
Also I’ll be ordering an le thru nitro pinball. Best service around bar none.

Tommy is the man in Canada for sure
+1 for a LE here

#2390 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hate the new prices, hate hate hate it, ruining the hobby, but this is a good deal if you can accept where things are at, if that makes sense.

I know this might not mean much to most people but the fact that CGC didn't RAISE prices on MB is encouraging big time.

All they did is raise the LE number from 1K to 1250. Pretty clever but who cares.

Neither number is truly limited!

#2391 5 years ago

Im a CE buyer on all models. For 2k extra I can bling the hell oot of them the way I want them to be. That and LE really are not limited. runs of over 2/3 hundred LEs just saturate the market.

#2392 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I know that was a big criticism of the original game was that the code was not up to par and new code was never released for it.

You know this? This is literally nothing anyone has said ever about this timeless Lyman Sheats classic. Not up to par lol...GTFO

People don’t know the difference between “code” and “game design”. Code complaints started when games were literally incomplete or buggy. That’s a “code issue”. MB is complete and awesome and does exactly what it was designed to do.

#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Im a CE buyer on all models. For 2k extra I can bling the hell oot of them the way I want them to be. That and LE really are not limited. runs of over 2/3 hundred LEs just saturate the market.

But you can't bling the upgraded detailed animations....right?

I'm going to be patient, save up cash, and buy someone's SE. Let early people deal with the bugs, let someone lightly use an MBr, and then I'll buy it with cash in the $6K - $6900 range and save a couple hundred easily. Pay my car off first ($9800 to go), then the toys come home.

Prolly early 2020 and I'll start looking.

#2394 5 years ago

Can't help but notice all three remakes have been coded by Lyman.

That means #4 is No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2395 5 years ago

Agree with comments made around the classic price point- great move by CGC.
Updated dots and more MB in the wild again for people to enjoy is great for pinball.

#2396 5 years ago

Ok Pinsiders ??? What’s a near mint original MB, color dmd, LEDs
Worth now ? Thinking of selling?
Pm me what you think ? Or just post

#2397 5 years ago

As a newcomer to the hobby, possibly still unjaded, I'm finding it both fascinating and amusing to read through the entire thread.

The people that were pumped about the game, then due to the delay, got really angry and stated they were completely bailing on it is baffling to me.

#2398 5 years ago

Well it’s like the Big Lawbowski

I gave up , wanted that more than any pin and I have quite a few. It’s like asking a girl out n getting shot down after awhile move on.women , pinball , buses , every 15 min there’s another
Coming !

#2399 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

As a newcomer to the hobby, possibly still unjaded, I'm finding it both fascinating and amusing to read through the entire thread.
The people that were pumped about the game, then due to the delay, got really angry and stated they were completely bailing on it is baffling to me.

You're new. Give it time. Now it comes across as nucking futs.

2 years from now, you'll see it's the norm.

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I know this might not mean much to most people but the fact that CGC didn't RAISE prices on MB is encouraging big time.
All they did is raise the LE number from 1K to 1250. Pretty clever but who cares.
Neither number is truly limited!

Agree, 1250 LE is not limited at all. More like the maximum number they think they can sell.

Going against the pro price is a smart move and will probably hurt JJP the most.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.