(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 62.
#2001 5 years ago

Well I'm comitted. Wifeput potch on JJP POTC. Keeping with original plan MBRLE

#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Well I'm comitted. Wifeput potch on JJP POTC. Keeping with original plan MBRLE

Congrats! It's a fun game for sure. This *MIGHT* be the week we hear more details on the game.

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Congrats! It's a fun game for sure. This *MIGHT* be the week we hear more details on the game.

Are you trying to trick us!

LOL

#2004 5 years ago

@ cpr9999 Holding my Breath.... Again.

Thinking the Munster Coach will show up in my basement before this the way it's going though.

#2005 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Are you trying to trick us!

LOL

Nah. A buddy of mine talked to a dealer last week and he mentioned that he hoped to have pricing this week. I also remain skeptical but hopeful.

#2006 5 years ago
Screenshot_20181011-171650 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181011-171650 (resized).png
#2007 5 years ago
Screenshot_20181011-172317 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181011-172317 (resized).png
#2008 5 years ago

Check post 1916 for CGC post of topper pictures.

LTG : )

#2009 5 years ago

Almost another week gone, getting real close to the Chicago show!

#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Almost another week gone, getting real close to the Chicago show!

Exhaled yesterday.

Holding my breath again.

#2011 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Exhaled yesterday.

Holding my breath again.

Well, word has it that the game may be at the Pin a Go Go show today in California. I wouldn't suggest holding your breath though.

Screenshot_20181012-141256 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181012-141256 (resized).png
#2012 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Well, word has it that the game may be at the Pin a Go Go show today in California. I wouldn't suggest holding your breath though.[quoted image]

I later heard that it was "something else" from Planetary Pinball, but that makes no sense...

#2013 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I later heard that it was "something else" from Planetary Pinball, but that makes no sense...

Game #4!!!!!!!!!

#2014 5 years ago

Hopefully they got the license figured out!

#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hopefully they got the license figured out!

I can't hold my breath that long ! (game 4 ..... I'm having trouble with #3)

#2016 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I believe I remember hearing a while back about a "something else" upcoming as well that everyone would want... I wonder if it is perhaps Arcade game related?

#2017 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

I believe I remember hearing a while back about a "something else" upcoming as well that everyone would want... I wonder if it is perhaps Arcade game related?

Dunno, but it sounds like it's not going to be here because I doubt they're getting approvals on the weekend from Williams.

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno, but it sounds like it's not going to be here because I doubt they're getting approvals on the weekend from Williams.

Are they really saying they don't have approvals? Finding that one hard to believe.

#2019 5 years ago

The something else is probably the big screen for MMr

#2020 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The something else is probably the big screen for MMr

I didn't even think about that. That would be very cool. Kinda perplexing why this has taken so long.

#2021 5 years ago

Well, at least now we know game #4 is definitely going to be a remake of Cactus Canyon.

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Well, at least now we know game #4 is definitely going to be a remake of Cactus Canyon.

Sorry , it wont be CC.

#2023 5 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Really ?

I don't think there is anything definite in pinball.

#2025 5 years ago

I can see TOTAN because of resale values, but I hope that's not it.

#2026 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can see TOTAN because of resale values, but I hope that's not it.

No interest in either. Even TOM has been rumored. Cant see any titles other than CC or BBB unless the pricing is less than what the current remakes are.

#2027 5 years ago

Pic taken by our Twitter friend Nintendork9 of Cointaker’s sign at the York Pinball and Arcade show.

6E771B01-56E9-413B-89A9-D9C87A15D4F5 (resized).jpeg6E771B01-56E9-413B-89A9-D9C87A15D4F5 (resized).jpeg
#2028 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No interest in either. Even TOM has been rumored. Cant see any titles other than CC or BBB unless the pricing is less than what the current remakes are.

Yeah, the ones that would actually be desirable are hard. A brand new Indy remake with the giant color screen, lost plastic, and a great topper would be interesting to me, even at their current Chicago Gaming pricing. Likewise a brand new TZ remake with the usual Chicago Gaming upgrades and the lost magnet pre-installed and active in the game software would be very interesting, too.

I was more excited about Kingpin than BBB until they made what I consider really bad choices for the Kingpin remake's screen. I have pretty low interest in Cactus Canyon based on the released game and the supposed fact that they will not do Cactus Canyon Continued.

It's a much tougher road map after Monster Bash remake for Chicago Gaming, IMO.

#2029 5 years ago

CC was the second highest scorer after MB on a poll nearly two years ago for what remake is CGC doing after AFM. IMO, and this is just my take on it, it's a much more desirable game than any other. Perhaps except BBB, but doing another rerun of BBB seems highly unlikely, not least because of the licensing issues. I know that there are mixed views on this, but Gene did not actually buy the rights to Capcom. From what I've read on the topic, and I've read quite a bit, he just went down to California in a u-haul or some other rental van, bought all the parts they had (along with the prototypes), had some kind of conversation about licensing, loaded the truck up, it broke down twice on the way because it was overloaded, and finally made it back home. I think Capcom didn't take any action over BBB either because they implicitly told Gene he could do it and they had some sort of arrangement, which seems unlikely as there still would've been some paperwork, or they just didn't care (Capcom's pinball division was a shot in the dark, and it wasn't very successful. They weren't in it for long, unlike the other companies, so they didn't have much to risk), or Gene bought the right to produce a limited amount of BBBs from the parts which he bought, but there was no transfer of copyrights or licensing. They just told him put together what you can from what you bought, and that was part of the part purchase.
CGC would therefore have to get in touch with Gene, and he's not a gregarious person from what I've read about him, or Capcom (I don't think they're interested in anything pinball related at all after the 90s fiasco).
The reason I don't see it being any of the other games you guys listed:
TOTAN - as an owner, I can say it's just not that good of a game. I love it and would never sell it because I value it for its aesthetic and sentimental qualities (it's the game that got me into pinball), but there really are better games out there. Of course this is highly subjective, and I'm aware that the European market is different from the North American one, but TOTANs command a price nowhere near those that people put up for MM, AFM, MB, or CC. The first three go easily for $8000+. I bought my TOTAN, which was really kept in amazing condition for 20 years, for almost half of that.
CV - more likely than TOTAN imo, but still unlikely. This is just a gut feeling, as I'd be more willing to concede that it's CV than TOTAN (especially with all the ones that are being fitted with new playfields). Can't really argue this one, but I've seen more demand for CCs than CVs.
TZ - the reason I don't think it's TZ is because there are over 15,000 units anyway. It reminds me of the people who said in the thread on the game after MMR that they would love to see a TAF remake. Compare TZ's 15,000 to CC'S less than 1000.

Feel free to chastise me for what I believe in!

#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

CC was the second highest scorer after MB on a poll nearly two years ago for what remake is CGC doing after AFM. IMO, and this is just my take on it, it's a much more desirable game than any other. Perhaps except BBB, but doing another rerun of BBB seems highly unlikely, not least because of the licensing issues. I know that there are mixed views on this, but Gene did not actually buy the rights to Capcom. From what I've read on the topic, and I've read quite a bit, he just went down to California in a u-haul or some other rental van, bought all the parts they had (along with the prototypes), had some kind of conversation about licensing, loaded the truck up, it broke down twice on the way because it was overloaded, and finally made it back home. I think Capcom didn't take any action over BBB either because they implicitly told Gene he could do it and they had some sort of arrangement, which seems unlikely as there still would've been some paperwork, or they just didn't care (Capcom's pinball division was a shot in the dark, and it wasn't very successful. They weren't in it for long, unlike the other companies, so they didn't have much to risk), or Gene bought the right to produce a limited amount of BBBs from the parts which he bought, but there was no transfer of copyrights or licensing. They just told him put together what you can from what you bought, and that was part of the part purchase.
CGC would therefore have to get in touch with Gene, and he's not a gregarious person from what I've read about him, or Capcom (I don't think they're interested in anything pinball related at all after the 90s fiasco).
The reason I don't see it being any of the other games you guys listed:
TOTAN - as an owner, I can say it's just not that good of a game. I love it and would never sell it because I value it for its aesthetic and sentimental qualities (it's the game that got me into pinball), but there really are better games out there. Of course this is highly subjective, and I'm aware that the European market is different from the North American one, but TOTANs command a price nowhere near those that people put up for MM, AFM, MB, or CC. The first three go easily for $8000+. I bought my TOTAN, which was really kept in amazing condition for 20 years, for almost half of that.
CV - more likely than TOTAN imo, but still unlikely. This is just a gut feeling, as I'd be more willing to concede that it's CV than TOTAN (especially with all the ones that are being fitted with new playfields). Can't really argue this one, but I've seen more demand for CCs than CVs.
TZ - the reason I don't think it's TZ is because there are over 15,000 units anyway. It reminds me of the people who said in the thread on the game after MMR that they would love to see a TAF remake. Compare TZ's 15,000 to CC'S less than 1000.
Feel free to chastise me for what I believe in!

No problems with what your saying but I love TOTAN and I've been looking for one for a bit now. Idk about where you live but in Canada, TOTAN prices are pretty comparible to CGC's remakes. (Excluding LE models)
While I WOULD love to see a shiney new TOTAN with giant coloured animations, I just dont see it happening. TOTAN just doesn't have the fan base of some of these other titles. At least not those willing to spend their money on pinball. Casual gamers love it though.

#2031 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No problems with what your saying but I love TOTAN and I've been looking for one for a bit now. Idk about where you live but in Canada, TOTAN prices are pretty comparible to CGC's remakes. (Excluding LE models)
While I WOULD love to see a shiney new TOTAN with giant coloured animations, I just dont see it happening. TOTAN just doesn't have the fan base of some of these other titles. At least not those willing to spend their money on pinball. Casual gamers love it though.

Agreed, TOTAN does not have a cult. I'd say CV is more likely in this category, but CC still seems more probable just because of how limited the production run was.

#2032 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Really ?
I don't think there is anything definite in pinball.

Sure there is, dimples and breaking down during a great game

#2033 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

cgc needs to have a couple original themes out next.

#2034 5 years ago

Cv will be expensive to make due to many differences from other wpc95 pins and it has alot of challenging things to redo. The head is different due to the backbox translight and tub and the cab is also slightly modified.
Also the lcd screen they use will not work bc of where its located on the playfield. Also the neon wld have to be changed to leds or something else to pass ul . I think cv with all the challenges wld be to costly to remake especially for the current market . I think cc makes the most sence especially if a new code cld be added.

#2035 5 years ago

CVr will never happen.

TOTANr unlikely.

IMO there are 3 left. CCr, TOMr, BBBr. Latter being most unlikely.

The rest of the popular WMS stuff was either produced in BIG numbers or would cost too much to build and / or license, or both.

#2036 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

CVr will never happen.
TOTANr unlikely.
IMO there are 3 left. CCr, TOMr, BBBr. Latter being most unlikely.
The rest of the popular WMS stuff was either produced in BIG numbers or would cost too much to build and / or license, or both.

You’re forgetting Scared Stiff. License not a problem or big money. TAF could happen. Even though it was produced in large numbers there are many more people wanting it. Including myself. The only draw back could be license. And I own half decent originals of both SS and TAF.

#2037 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You’re forgetting Scared Stiff. License not a problem or big money. TAF could happen. Even though it was produced in large numbers there are many more people wanting it. Including myself. The only draw back could be license. And I own half decent originals of both SS and TAF.

I don't think Scared Stiff would sell big enough numbers even in a vacuum. Prices aren't that high, and not that many were made.

Plus, you seem to be forgetting that Elvira 3 is upcoming from Stern. There's no way they'd go head to head with that.

#2038 5 years ago

Scared Stiff unlikely, not that popular of a title plus there could be licensing complications if they needed the permission of the actress who played Elvira or the TV company, or whoever is involved.
I'm in agreement with @rubberducks, although I'd say CCR will come out earlier than TOMR just cause I think there's a bigger demand for CC.
BBB, one can only dream. Gene won't tell anyone how the licensing worked for it, but my guess is he got permission to make what he had from the parts that he had. Otherwise it would just seem stupid for him to buy that truckload of parts, I mean what for? To hang them on the wall? There sure is demand for it, but I feel ambivalent about tampering with the holy grail of pinball.

#2039 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't think Scared Stiff would sell big enough numbers even in a vacuum. Prices aren't that high, and not that many were made.
Plus, you seem to be forgetting that Elvira 3 is upcoming from Stern. There's no way they'd go head to head with that.

Your looking at it the wrong way. Most of us Scared stiff fans want or own both and most of us are going to buy the third. Once stern makes Elvira 3 there will be a whole new crowd of people catching the Elvira bug. As for prices around here. they range from $5000 to a beat players game to $8500 for mint.

Quoted from snowvictim:

Scared Stiff unlikely, not that popular of a title plus there could be licensing complications if they needed the permission of the actress who played Elvira or the TV company, or whoever is involved.

Maybe not that popular where you're from but she has an cult like following here. As for License with Cassandra it won't be a problem.

#2040 5 years ago

I don't think I am ... demand would be minimal after an Elvira 3, and it'd be a huge risk for them to take for likely very minimal reward.

There's no point doing anything other than the low hanging fruit, because if they're going to take risks, they're better off doing original titles which build a sustainable future for them. Too much cost or too little demand for stuff that's already been done is a lose-lose for them.

#2041 5 years ago

Again, agreed. Four Elvira games just seem excessive, besides it costs less to make games where licensing is simpler. Cassandra might want a lot of money for it if she just gave the go ahead to Stern. Besides, I think the guiding principle for CGC is high-demand or low-supply. Cactus Canyon had a production run of less than 1000 pieces.

#2042 5 years ago

Honestly I think it all depends on what their actually cost is to build a game at this point, and unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever know that answer. If they can start to build these remakes relatively cheap and can lower their prices, then they can start building these popular, but lesser demand, games.

#2043 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Honestly I think it all depends on what their actually cost is to build a game at this point, and unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever know that answer. If they can start to build these remakes relatively cheap and can lower their prices

The big unknown is what the costs are for royalties to PPS and Scientific. Doing a new title certainly won't be cheap. I think we will see CCr before any new title.

#2044 5 years ago

Stern will have the Elvira license locked up for 3 years. No way would they let CGC run SS in that time.

#2045 5 years ago

Not even thinking about a number 4 - what about #3 ???

Monster Bash Overdue.

#2046 5 years ago

More MBR paraphernalia from York Arcade & Pinball event. Photo taken by our good friend Nintendork9 (Twitter)

41FCCD52-D780-45B1-AA16-3F315AC5013C (resized).jpeg41FCCD52-D780-45B1-AA16-3F315AC5013C (resized).jpeg
#2047 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

More MBR paraphernalia from York Arcade & Pinball event. Photo taken by our good friend Nintendork9 (Twitter)

It should read......

Get yours and start jamming sometime in 2020!

#2048 5 years ago

Nobody has mentioned TOM in awhile but I think the next three remakes are (MB, CC and TOM). as to the order, it could be any of them. I will pass on MBr, while I hope to pick up CVr or TOMr.

JPOP’s games are da bomb but TOTAN doesn’t have enough demand.

#2049 5 years ago

I hope it plays like the original. I have the remake of MMRLE & AFMRLE IMO the MMRLE doesn't play like the original. However, the AFMRLE play just like the original. I have high hopes!

#2050 5 years ago

Are the prices staying the same or is there a bump?
Had not heard anything in a while.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Mt. Juliet, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/41?hl=elf70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.